As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Denial of Service?

PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
The forum is really slow right now. I checked against other sites and against another person, and we both seem to be experiencing sluggishness with the PA forums that is lasting longer than it should. What's happening?

I know this kind of stuff happens all the time, but this one is bad.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
Paladin on

• Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    Paladin wrote:
    The forum is really slow right now. I checked against other sites and against another person, and we both seem to be experiencing sluggishness with the PA forums that is lasting longer than it should. What's happening?

I know this kind of stuff happens all the time, but this one is bad.
    Nah, the cluster just slows down sometimes. A good DOS would make it so you wouldnt be able to even type this.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2003
    Because they'd cut off your hands.

Tube on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2003
    Because they'd cut off your hands.

As a north African child I take offense at that statement.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    So this is how mods hijack a thread?

Paladin on
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    Paladin wrote:
    So this is how mods hijack a thread?
    Those would be the SE mods, and you havent begun to see hijjacking son. :P

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Whew, kicked out of the forums again; this time not being able to access. Even worse this time; does it have to do with the store traffic?

Paladin on
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2003
    I would say it had to do with store traffic except this type of slowdown has been happening frequently over the last week or so, especially in peak hours.

denihilist on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Wait a second...it's slowing down during peak hours? What the fuck could it be?!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Wait a second...it's slowing down during peak hours? What the fuck could it be?!

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? No, Dyna would never use sarcasm.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    I was there for this last week or so, but today was especially bad.

Paladin on