As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Band of Brothers II: Pacific Thunderer

• Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is this being made with the BBC again?

Possibly not due to it not having any part of it set in Britain, nor having any British involved whatsoever.

So presumably it wont be getting shown on BBC1 around the same time as America this time.

Poo.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm really looking forward to seeing people shit themselves to death

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Possibly not due to it not having any part of it set in Britain, nor having any British involved whatsoever.

So presumably it wont be getting shown on BBC1 around the same time as America this time.

Poo.

The British were involved to some degree. The Anzacs.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pharezon wrote: »

Poo.

No.

British people are not Anzacs.

Blake T on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

Poo.

No.

British Empire, whatever.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2009
    IM A LEAD FARMER

Unknown User on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Poo.

No.

Unless Tom Hanks went back in time, I don't think the anzacs helped make this.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Poo.

No.

That was going to be my next statement.

Blake T on
    edited June 2009

Poo.

No.

I'm sorry for being retarded.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited June 2009

Poo.

No.

I'm sorry for being retarded.

If I had steam installed at the moment I would so be giving you shit for this.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spielberg is the man who inspired me to become a film director

when I was 4 I told everyone I would be "the next steven spielberg"

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just a heads up

You guys should listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast. He's currently doing a 3 part podcast on the Ostfront. Each part is 90 minutes.

Carlin is really enthusiastic, which makes it even more enjoyable.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I still have Letters from Iwo Jima in my Netflix queue. That shit needs to be watched soon.

GRMike on
    edited June 2009
    Letters is good. Shame that flags of our fathers was so-so.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    NO BLACK PEOPLE!?

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited June 2009
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    Just a heads up

You guys should listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast. He's currently doing a 3 part podcast on the Ostfront. Each part is 90 minutes.

:!:

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    Just a heads up

A thousand times yes.

His meter is a little hard to get used to, but he is so into what he does.

NotASenator on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Letters is good. Shame that flags of our fathers was so-so.

It is kinda why I didn't jump on Letters... now I am just trying to get in to the right mood...

GRMike on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DrIanMalcolm on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I've been reading Flags of Our Fathers and I've come to the conclusion that being a marine in WWII sounds like a terrible idea.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I enjoyed that book

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I decided that if there's ever another world war, I'm just going to go limp.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited September 2009
    The US Military deemed Iwo Jima a failure because the Kill-Death ratio was 3:1 instead of the previous 12-15:1 that they enjoyed.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited September 2009

Holy shit yes.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The US Military deemed Iwo Jima a failure because the Kill-Death ratio was 3:1 instead of the previous 12-15:1 that they enjoyed.
    Well fuck man the Japanese were campin' like bustas.

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

well I mean imagine how much that would drop your server rank

L|ama on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Well fuck man the Japanese were campin' like bustas.
    Anybody got a UAV?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Incidentally, I just finished watching The War by Ken Burns, which utilises a lot of the memoirs of Eugene Sledge (With the Old Breed)

Damn, some of that recovered footage is just... stunning.

..anyway, looking forward to catching this. Dramatisation, historical re-enactment, whatever it is, I expect it to hold up well.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow. I'm pretty psyched about this. I wouldn't mind seeing another series taking place in the European theater though.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yeah, losing thousands of guys in a single wave is pretty dang successful.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • War BastardWar Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Looking forward to this. I spoke to a guy who worked as an extra on this series when they were filming in North Queensland. Told me that it takes about 3 hours to set up explosions, air going through hoses underground to look like bullets to film about 30 seconds. Easiest job ever as an extra, just do 1 min of work then go drink coffee and eat hamburgers for 3 hours.

War Bastard on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was a stick.
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Having worked as an extra before, I highly doubt it was all sunshine and roses. I imagine standing up to your armpit in cold ocean water for a few hours for the assault on Tarawa or suffering under a rain machine on an overnight shoot would be that comfortable. It's just a matter of what the days shooting is like; some will be easy; others, less so.

Fishman on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    LOTR? What were you? A family friend was one of the elves I think, you could pick them in the scenes they were in because they were constantly staring at the ground trying not to fall over.

L|ama on
    edited September 2009
    elfsig0nr.jpg

In the middle.

Fishman on
  • War BastardWar Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fishman wrote: »
    Having worked as an extra before, I highly doubt it was all sunshine and roses. I imagine standing up to your armpit in cold ocean water for a few hours for the assault on Tarawa or suffering under a rain machine on an overnight shoot would be that comfortable. It's just a matter of what the days shooting is like; some will be easy; others, less so.

The guy I was talking to got the job because he was in the army. So I imagine comparing the two jobs, the extra work was probably much easier.

Also, is that really you Fishman? That's pretty fucking cool. Not only to be an extra, but to make it in the film. Nice job.

War Bastard on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was a stick.
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man I want to work as an extra.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Reviving this thread since Pacific premieres this Sunday.

Anybody else watch the "Making Of" docs on HBO last week? Pretty sweet stuff. The work that went into this is amazing. Also the kid from Jurassic Park looks the exact same. Just taller.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The soundtrack was released this week

QuestionMarkMan on
    edited March 2010
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I need HBO!

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010