As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

blank page generated at the end of MS Access reports

tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey H/A,

I'm here at work and they are dropping the hammer on paper consumption we all do in the office. In my effort of lowering my own use I've been trying to figure out why in the hell does a blank page appear at the end of all my Microsoft Access reports.

Ex: I have a 10 page report, but when I print or preview there is a 11th blank page. o_O

I have fiddled, tweaked, and looked through every menu I can think of and I can't figure it out. I know I'm overlooking some simple and obvious.

Can some Access guru help me and bonk my head with the obvious hammer, please. Thanks

tallgeeze on

• Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If it is blank, are you really consuming it? Put it back in the printer...

meeker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    meeker wrote: »
    If it is blank, are you really consuming it? Put it back in the printer...

I do, but they are going to be installing this new printer that tracks how many pages we print regardless if we put the blank pages back in the bin.

It's only 1 page, but it adds up with all the different report I print.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's very likely that the report in design view is just a tiny bit too wide for they paper size, make sure no objects are stretching it too far, go to page preview and see if it adds another page.

rfalias on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    rfalias wrote: »
    It's very likely that the report in design view is just a tiny bit too wide for they paper size, make sure no objects are stretching it too far, go to page preview and see if it adds another page.

This is possible, but I believe he would get a blank page in between every filled page if that were the case. A simple workaround is to only print pages 1-10, but I would check the report's design width like rfalias suggested, it's the easiest thing to check for now. Make sure no txt boxes or labels are stretching to 11.0000000000000000001 of an inch if it's a landscape or 8.500000000000000000000000000001 if it's portrait.

Edit: Actually, check your footer options/dimensions. Most likely after all the pages print the report footer is causing the page to be too tall.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I got it figured it out now. I had my page breaks and footers too far below my last bits of data. It would creat the extra page because of the extra space.

I knew it was an obvious thing. thanks for getting my brain going, everyone.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was just going to add: consider editing the properties on each of those whitespace sections and enabling "can shrink". If they're blank they won't take up any space any more.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )