As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assholes at work

• SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Did anyone suggest shitting in the microwave yet?

Also <3 ShimSham's story.

SpongeCake on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    I can't help it we don't have spray for giant, walking, talking, invisible tree frogs.

What kind of slack-ass pest-control company do you work for?!? "We Let 'Em Live" Pest Control? The laziness in this country is astounding.

Darth Waiter on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can't help it we don't have spray for giant, walking, talking, invisible tree frogs.

What kind of slack-ass pest-control company do you work for?!? "We Let 'Em Live" Pest Control? The laziness in this country is astounding.

I blame my boss.

I told my boss about this just for a laugh, he told me years ago he sprayed for an old lady that claimed there were 7 inch tall people living in her attic that would fight eachother and "cause a ruckus."

He said she called the police after she claimed the little people came down from the attic into this house and shot their little guns off.

The police apparently came out and told her they took care of them and she was fine.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I blame my boss.

I told my boss about this just for a laugh, he told me years ago he sprayed for an old lady that claimed there were 7 inch tall people living in her attic that would fight eachother and "cause a ruckus."

He said she called the police after she claimed the little people came down from the attic into this house and shot their little guns off.

The police apparently came out and told her they took care of them and she was fine.

I hate it when Liliputians try to start shit.

Darth Waiter on
    edited March 2007
    Fucking hobbits. I've had them living in my attic for months now, can't do shit to get rid of them.

SpongeCake on
  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm gonna give the edge on this one to the Liliputians.

Wise_a on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah the Liliputians comment was pretty good.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited March 2007
    I submit to the superiority of the Liliput comment.

SpongeCake on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    Fucking hobbits. I've had them living in my attic for months now, can't do shit to get rid of them.

Why in God's name would you want to get hobbits out of your apartment? Dudes smokin' the pipe weed and drinking beer, having dinner 8 times a day? That would be my special hangouts place for sharing of food and beverages after a long day's work, singing their Hobbit songs and telling the taller variety of tales to keep the young spellbound.

sarukun on
  • Fission MailedFission Mailed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    borrowers.jpg

Fission Mailed on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Assholes at home: GOD I hate the mouthbreathers who press every button on the front gate until someone lets them in. I want an option where they stick their hand inside a sharp-toothed maw in order to reach the buttons, and I have two buttons up here: "Open door" and "remove limb".

Echo on
  • QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My favorite part about having a part time job in highschool was when the managers would just fuck around with you. One time, they called me on a day off to see if I could work for what they said would be an hour or so because someone called in and wasn't coming. I get there and I'm working the register for a little bit and then my manager comes up to the assistant manager (who is standing right by me) and says "Yeah, I've checked with the store manager and he can work 6 hours." What the hell? Dude didn't even ask me if I wanted to work the rest of the day. That was the first I heard about it. That really pissed me off but I didn't say anything about it because it was my first job and I guess I was spineless. Today, however, that shit wouldn't fly and I'd say something about it.

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • MeatPopSICKleMeatPopSICKle Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The Geek wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    There is a slight problem about going to her supervisor.

They're in Britain.

I work for the American branch of this company and there are only like five people here.

Then talk to one of them, somebody has your paycheck, go get it, or call your supervisor wherever she is and whatever she's doing and be like "hey bitch, where's my money!"
    She has to write it. I'm getting paid by the hour and I have to give her the timesheet that she has to sign and send to Britain or something.

Woooo

wooooooooo

woooooooo :|

I'm not kidding. If you don't get your paycheck today, call up your local branch of the Department of Labor and Industries.

Unions are good for very few reasons, but this is one of them. If i dont receive a check every friday they actually have to pay me until i get the check. Needless to say, im always paid on time, and in full. Hell even when an error was made on one check, it was fixed and i had a new check in hand before lunch that day.

MeatPopSICKle on
    SignatureSeries6.jpg
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just started this job.

I'm an intern.

I don't have rights.

I am an intern.

My boss is in Omaha.

I'm only in the office this week because it's my spring break; usually I just telecommute from my apartment.

When I actually go in to the office the closest thing I have to a supervisor there is eiher my Father, who works for a different department of the company from me, the Department accountant, who is an old family friend, or the department manager, who has been interested in taking me on for an internship in his department since before I started this current internship (the office I'm in isn't my department's office, they're out in Omaha, this is just the closest office to where I live.)

This is the second highest paying job I've ever had, and the highest doesn't really count since it was only two days a week for a couple of hours.

I make my own hours here. I generally work 10 hours a week during school weeks, but it's basically all up to me.

I am constantly recieving praise for the work I do. Mostly because I work hard and get results.

Yeah, I'm an intern.

Evander on
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Seriously people, touching the bathroom door handle isn't gonna kill you. You touch about a million other things every day that are just as germ-infested, if not more.
    I ain't touching that handle. You can keep your fucking germs to yourself.

What about the handle on the way in to the bathroom? Or the doorknob to get into the building? Or every single other door opening device that you encounter every goddamned day? Those are no worse.

How about money, do you ever touch a dollar bill? Or maybe some change.

What about your shoes? Do you touch your shoes with your hands when you put them on? The shoes that walk around on the dirty ground all day, the dirty ground covered in grime and mud and spit and who knows what else?

You're right. Why even bother bathing.
    Hell, from here on out I'm only wiping my ass with my hand, and instead of washing afterwards I'll just wipe my hands on my pants.
    Germs are there anyway right?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited March 2007
    Evander wrote: »
    I just started this job.

I'm an intern.

I don't have rights.

I am an intern.

My boss is in Omaha.

I'm only in the office this week because it's my spring break; usually I just telecommute from my apartment.

When I actually go in to the office the closest thing I have to a supervisor there is eiher my Father, who works for a different department of the company from me, the Department accountant, who is an old family friend, or the department manager, who has been interested in taking me on for an internship in his department since before I started this current internship (the office I'm in isn't my department's office, they're out in Omaha, this is just the closest office to where I live.)

This is the second highest paying job I've ever had, and the highest doesn't really count since it was only two days a week for a couple of hours.

I make my own hours here. I generally work 10 hours a week during school weeks, but it's basically all up to me.

I am constantly recieving praise for the work I do. Mostly because I work hard and get results.

Yeah, I'm an intern.

That's pretty awesome.

What will happen when they actually hire you? 4 hour work weeks, a substantial raise, benefits, and blowjobs every hour on the hour?

sarukun on
    edited March 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    Manifest wrote: »
    Seriously people, touching the bathroom door handle isn't gonna kill you. You touch about a million other things every day that are just as germ-infested, if not more.

Hey look at me, I'm the Geek. I'm totally contrary and germ-ridden!

Send me all your gold and stuff in WoW if you're closing your account. I'm cooler then Futility.

My account is closed already. I can't even login.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Manifest do you carry hand sanitizer around with you?

Geek was pointing out not that washing and being clean is useless but there is such a thing as overdoing it.

Weaver on
    edited March 2007
    On that note, working for a medical research division of a hospital that hand sanitizer shit is everywhere around here

Weaver on
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    sarukun wrote: »
    Evander wrote: »
    I just started this job.

I'm an intern.

I don't have rights.

I am an intern.

My boss is in Omaha.

Yeah, I'm an intern.

That's pretty awesome.

What will happen when they actually hire you? 4 hour work weeks, a substantial raise, benefits, and blowjobs every hour on the hour?

Heh.

It's a wonderful company, and one that isn't afraid to spend money inorder to make money.

On top of everything else, since the office I'm working in belongs to the in-house economics department (we're an engineering and architechture firm, but we have in house economists so we don't have to contract that stuff out) I get to sit around chatting with Econ PhDs. Not a bad experience for a Financial Economics major to be having.

Evander on
    edited March 2007
    Weaver wrote: »

Geek was pointing out not that washing and being clean is useless but there is such a thing as overdoing it.

Nah, I stopped carrying hand sanitizer when it was proven to be a load of shit.
    Really though, bathroom door handles are disgusting. Why wouldn't you want to limit your contact with them?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I ain't touching that handle. You can keep your fucking germs to yourself.

What about the handle on the way in to the bathroom? Or the doorknob to get into the building? Or every single other door opening device that you encounter every goddamned day? Those are no worse.

How about money, do you ever touch a dollar bill? Or maybe some change.

What about your shoes? Do you touch your shoes with your hands when you put them on? The shoes that walk around on the dirty ground all day, the dirty ground covered in grime and mud and spit and who knows what else?

You're right. Why even bother bathing.
    Hell, from here on out I'm only wiping my ass with my hand, and instead of washing afterwards I'll just wipe my hands on my pants.
    Germs are there anyway right?

I think Frodo, on one of Geek's podcasts, said it best.

"If you've ever engaged in oral sex, you have no fucking business complaining that I don't wash my hands when I pee."

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I work as an intern at the state capitol here. I don't mind the 60-something wingbat secretary who listens to Rush Limbaugh, no she's all right actually.

What I really despise is the fact 95% of the legislators act like childish morons. If you're a legislator and diss someone's bill in commitee? Yeah, they will vote no on every bill you present for the rest of the session. You don't vote in lockstep with the party leadership? Then you can forget about being re-elected. Are you a legislator younger than 30? You better just shut up and let the big boys slowly legislate this state into Hell.

And the worst part is I have to treat these legislators like they are better than me, as if being elected makes them a higher being. Most of them are old, racist, sexist and obese jerk-wads. The only nice ones are the centrist lawyers.

Don't even get me started on the IT people here...

Curly_Brace on
    edited March 2007

Nah, I stopped carrying hand sanitizer when it was proven to be a load of shit.
    Really though, bathroom door handles are disgusting. Why wouldn't you want to limit your contact with them?

Well here, people wear gloves when in the labs, and most of the PHds have the hand sanitizer stuff at their desk because they get the habit when they are over at the main facility working with sick kids, so their hands are clean going in the restroom, and then when they are done with their business they wash their hands, so really there is never a poopy hand going for that door handle.

Now at a night club or bar where some drunk dude just pissed & shit all over everything yeah man I use my foot for everything. Opening the door, flushing the toilet.

Weaver on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    On that note, working for a medical research division of a hospital that hand sanitizer shit is everywhere around here

Way to help propagate resistant germs.

Echo on
    edited March 2007
    Echo wrote: »

Way to help propagate resistant germs.

man we have e coli and streptococcus and HIV research going on in the labs right now I think we are doing our share

Weaver on
    edited March 2007
    I work as an intern at the state capitol here. I don't mind the 60-something wingbat secretary who listens to Rush Limbaugh, no she's all right actually.

What I really despise is the fact 95% of the legislators act like childish morons. If you're a legislator and diss someone's bill in commitee? Yeah, they will vote no on every bill you present for the rest of the session. You don't vote in lockstep with the party leadership? Then you can forget about being re-elected. Are you a legislator younger than 30? You better just shut up and let the big boys slowly legislate this state into Hell.

And the worst part is I have to treat these legislators like they are better than me, as if being elected makes them a higher being. Most of them are old, racist, sexist and obese jerk-wads. The only nice ones are the centrist lawyers.

See this?

This is not how elected government is supposed to work.

sarukun on
    edited March 2007

See this?

Shouldn't you be off molesting a small asian child or something?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited March 2007

See this?

Too busy playin' WoW.

sarukun on
    edited March 2007

See this?

Too busy playin' WoW.

Probably easier to find victims that way.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited March 2007

See this?

Too busy playin' WoW.

Yeah, all those people that live on the other side of the planet.

Much easier to stalk through a medium of total annonimity.

Sharp.

sarukun on
    edited March 2007

See this?

Too busy playin' WoW.

Sharp.

Beats myspace.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Send me all your gold and stuff in WoW if you're closing your account. I'm cooler then Futility.

Close your acct at the pa-guilds.com forums too, please.

SeñorAmor on
    edited March 2007

See this?

Too busy playin' WoW.

Sharp.

Beats myspace.
    No way, mans, myspace has pictures and occassionally titties.

sarukun on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Why, he's still welcome to chat with us there.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007

Only if you promise to stop being an insufferable cunt.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Who is Senior in the PAA. So I can fuck with him...I mean troll him...I mean be nice.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007

Who is Senior in the PAA. So I can fuck with him...I mean troll him...I mean be nice.

Tsar.
    He's a fucking nub druid.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited March 2007

Pretty much any variant of Tsar. My main is my mage Tsarcane, however. I don't play my druid (Tsarina) or my priest (Tsar) any more.

SeñorAmor on
    edited March 2007

k, you go first.

SeñorAmor on
This discussion has been closed.