As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 2009 Primetime Emmys - Neil. Patrick. Harris.

12346»

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Those are quite some boots. Wow.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Time to watch BSG and HIMYM in protest

Khavall on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    Time to watch Lost and HIMYM in protest

UnbreakableVow on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So was there an actual Doctor Horrible skit as rumored, or was it just Joss' acceptance speech?

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Michael Emerson and Bryan Cranston won, so I'm pleased.
    So was there an actual Doctor Horrible skit as rumored, or was it just Joss' acceptance speech?

A skit, with Dr. Horrible breaking in to brag about how much better the Internet is than TV, than Captain Hammer coming in to kick his ass. Felicia Day and Simon Helberg (Moist) both appeared briefly too.

Captain Tragedy on
  • InHumanInHuman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I only watched for up until the first statue (supporting female)...

She was the short squinty one making faces and fake crying.

She annoyed me.

InHuman on
    edited September 2009
    InHuman wrote: »

She annoyed me.

:x

UnbreakableVow on
    edited September 2009

She annoyed me.

:x

I didn't say I stopped cuz of her.

I had to go someplace.

Also, I liked the glasses gag, the chick from betty (last nominee) was a bitch for not partaking.

InHuman on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Her not playing along was part of the gag.

And how dare you badmouth Chenoweth.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited September 2009

The squinty annoying girl?

How dare you condone that.

Mabye I missed out on the parts of her career where she was good looking or in anyway endearing.. it makes sense since this is my first exposure to her EVER.

InHuman on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Mabye I missed out on the parts of her career where she was good looking or in anyway endearing.. it makes sense since this is my first exposure to her EVER.

you're coming off like a massive dick here

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited September 2009

Ok so I'm one of the few people who still have to get over chenowith's ruining of Candide.

But Kristen Chenowith is incredible, amazingly well trained... she's a wonderful example of classical technique being incredibly useful, and her popularity proves it. Add to that that she was absolutely delightful in Pushing Daisies... she's really amazing and you should know who she is. Ever hear of Wicked? How about "You're a good man, Charlie brown"? Yeah. Her.

Khavall on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    She was annoying on the West Wing though. And we got creepy Leo/Chenowith vibes. They were gross.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    edited September 2009
    She was annoying on the West Wing though. And we got creepy Leo/Chenowith vibes. They were gross.

Her first discussion with CJ was amazing. Also keep in mind that part of the reason there was the whole Chenowith and the Chenowith as sex symbol was that even though Sorkin wasn't actually involved with WW post season 4, He and her were fucking like bunnies in that period, so she was in the show. The problem was of course that Sorkin wasn't writing by then.

Not everyone knows this, but the Matt Alby/Harriet Hayes thing in Studio 60? That was specifically based on the Sorkin/Chenowith relationship.

Khavall on
    edited September 2009
    Variable wrote: »

you're coming off like a massive dick here

THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

InHuman on
    edited September 2009

Her first discussion with CJ was amazing. Also keep in mind that part of the reason there was the whole Chenowith and the Chenowith as sex symbol was that even though Sorkin wasn't actually involved with WW post season 4, He and her were fucking like bunnies in that period, so she was in the show. The problem was of course that Sorkin wasn't writing by then.

Not everyone knows this, but the Matt Alby/Harriet Hayes thing in Studio 60? That was specifically based on the Sorkin/Chenowith relationship.

I thought everyone knew that and that's why they hated it.

enlightenedbum on
    edited September 2009
    I liked studio 60

MATTHEW PERR-AY!

InHuman on
    edited September 2009

They might. But most people hate it because it really is just Sorkin refined. Which is also why I actually like it. It's like, every Sorkin standby put into a situation that Sorkin can write with absolute authority in.

Khavall on
    edited September 2009

They might. But most people hate it because it really is just Sorkin refined. Which is also why I actually like it. It's like, every Sorkin standby put into a situation that Sorkin can write with absolute authority in.

But Sorkin's not you know, likeable. And neither were any of the characters on that show, except possibly Nate Corddry and guy who was Danny on the West Wing.

enlightenedbum on
    edited September 2009

But Sorkin's not you know, likeable. And neither were any of the characters on that show, except possibly Nate Corddry and guy who was Danny on the West Wing.
    Oh

Yeah I'm an artist myself so I don't care about likeable as long as I see quality. Sorkin writes like a motherfucker, and really that's all I care about.

One of the wonderful things about Sorkin overall though is that he writes very human characters overall.. they just happen to be amazingly snappy, idealistic and brilliant all the time. Unless they're the fall guy for the ideology Sorkin disagrees with.

Much like sorkin

Khavall on
    edited September 2009

Oh

Yeah I'm an artist myself so I don't care about likeable as long as I see quality. Sorkin writes like a motherfucker, and really that's all I care about.

One of the wonderful things about Sorkin overall though is that he writes very human characters overall.. they just happen to be amazingly snappy, idealistic and brilliant all the time. Unless they're the fall guy for the ideology Sorkin disagrees with.

Much like sorkin

But the West Wing (and to a lesser extent Sports Night, I thought) characters were likable people. Except Toby, sort of, but then again Toby was fucking awesome. Like you wanted to root for those people. The people on Studio 60 I wanted to die in a fire. Also, the women on that show were awful. I'm going to stalk you until you fall in love with me! ::Swoons::

enlightenedbum on
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I really would have no idea. Honestly, my training has left me a soulless shell of a person who can't connect with or actually like anyone ever.

So sure, I guess. But the Studio 60 people had this... rage to them that I love and appreciate.

Khavall on
    edited September 2009
    Studio 60 felt like Gov. Ritchie write large, only Sorkin's personal life opponents instead of his political opponents. And Gov. Ritchie sucked, as fantastic as "Game On" was, in a way.

Anyway, tonight's Emmys: things I think:
    NPH was robbed, obviously.
    Phil Keoghan is awesome and thus also robbed. Fuck Probst.
    Zac Levi and Adam Baldwin deserved nominations for actor/supporting actor in a comedy respectively. Over Sheen and Cryer.

enlightenedbum on
  • areaarea Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Here's the Dr Horrible segment for anyone who missed it.

area on
    edited September 2009
    Studio 60 was so angry.

Which I loved.

It was basically just an artistic giant bitching about the way art works.

I love it so

Khavall on
    edited September 2009
    I remember when Studio 60 first hit, and critics loved it.

And they weren't too crazy about 30 Rock.

Man, what the fuck happened there?

UnbreakableVow on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I remember when Studio 60 first hit, and critics loved it.

And they weren't too crazy about 30 Rock.

Man, what the fuck happened there?

30 Rock started to get funny, while Studio 60 started to suck?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited September 2009
    30 Rock started off pretty funny though, for the most part. The first two eps were certainly entertaining enough to get to the great comedy.

I've never seen Studio 60 as I have a blinding hatred for Friends and all Friends-Related Products.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited September 2009
    30 Rock started off pretty funny though, for the most part. The first two eps were certainly entertaining enough to get to the great comedy.

I've never seen Studio 60 as I have a blinding hatred for Friends and all Friends-Related Products.
    And people think I'm unreasonable..

InHuman on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    area wrote: »
    Here's the Dr Horrible segment for anyone who missed it.

This was taken down. :( Any other formats? I totally missed it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Patches7o9Patches7o9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    This was taken down. :( Any other formats? I totally missed it.

Patches7o9 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Delightful. :^: (It actually started buffering for real while I was watching it. :lol: )

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png