As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I gets to make [Chat]?

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm but a cipher. A shadow.

A faint memory.

Oh hey man. What's new?

A lot of pointless Saints 2. It's Thursday so I am going out drinking soon.

I suspect I will be back later but I spend most of my drunk time chatting with friends or playing games, and not [chat]ting as it were. I might drop in. It's always a good time to piss errbody off and what not. It's the 250th birthday of Guinness.

Hm I had a Guinness last night when I was in Kent. Surprisingly tasty beer that i've always avoided for some reason.

Enjoy yourself out there in the cold cruel world. Go to the hot dog guy.

I'm the coldest, cruelest thing out there, friend.

Well yeah. This is why you'll enjoy yourself especially if you buy a hot dog or sausage or gyro from the fellow that isn't Gyro Bob. It will warm your frozen heart.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    But seriously I react to stress by lying.

YOU'RE TRAPPED IN A SUBMERGED CAR WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR.

pink

no

green

YOU LIE TO ME

I CUT YOU OFF

Sarksus on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Fuck off, Poldy, The Presets are mine.

really? because I've met them

Boo.

Yeah, I played that card.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

possibly not the best habit

still, a single lie is a silly thing to kick a relationship to the curb over

Senjutsu on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Never had Borolo. I could probably try it this weekend if I find something cheap, because we're grilling.

Something you could try instead of Barolo is Amarone della Valpolicella. It's nothing to do with the sweet, weak Valpolicella. They use semi-dried grapes and a long (double?) ferment.

Basically dried grapes have lots of sugar, but they ferment it longer than usual so you get a very strong wine (15-17%) with tons of flavour.

It's fucking lovely.

Or a varietal Tempranillo from Spain or South America.

Or Chateneauf-du-Pape.

Fuck I love wine.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I love Guinness. It was the first beer I could drink regularly. I wish I could drink the liquor at the moment. So many good beers I cannot enjoy at the moment.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    So frustrated with this bullshit

Fuck it

Now I have to figure out how to make 200 bucks in thirty days, or else keep reinstalling this beta every few weeks for a couple months

Aren't you a student? Somebody asked you this earlier but I didn't see if you answered.

http://windows7.digitalriver.com/store/mswpus/en_US/DisplayHomePage?resid=Izo5kQoBAkYAACdz5UUAAAA1&rests=1253839139402

You can get the Professional version if you click the box when it asks if you need to connect to a school domain. Offer is good until like January.

I was the one who pointed this out to you guys remember

Would this work as like

Upgrading from beta to full?

Or only from XP/Vista to 7?

Me Too! on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I should play more with WPF

It is so much better than any other UI framework I've used. JavaFX is similar in general "neat" factor but doesn't come with nearly as much stuff (controls, libraries etc...) as .NET 3.5.

Course the downside is Windows only.

yeah, I think that's what holds me back

because if I'm doing something for myself I want it to work on everything I like to use, which means I either turn to Qt or just say fuck it and do it on the web

Silverlight 3 essentially WPF lite. Doesn't have the breadth but is a browser plugin and works on the Mac.
    Silverlight to me is essentially a repeat of the same mistake java applets and flash made: lock all the cool shit in a box on the page.

I like the broader interactivity of HTML 5, where the cool stuff is integrated into the DOM proper

If I had the slightest glimmer of hope (and I don't, not one bit) that HTML 5 or stuff like SVG was either
    1) Going to be widely adopted in the next 3-5 years
    2) Going to be implemented in even a remotely standardized fashion between different browsers and platforms
    3) Would not require me to write code in an evil, untyped, feature poor, unperformant piece of shit language (aka: Javascript)

I would be more interested.

But given how much bullshit is required to even make a static webpage look the same in Firefox, Safari, Opera etc... (and that's even ignoring IE) I am sick to death of web "standards". They are not standard and never will be.

Locking stuff up in a box does indeed kind of suck. But at least inside the box everything works the same in all supported browsers / platforms.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Unless that lie is about what kind of genitalia you have, Senj.

Nocturne on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dammit I'm falling asleep.

I mean, yes, it makes sense, it's logical, one could even say reasonable. I have been up since 6 pm yesterday but still.

I'm trying to stay awake.

I'm trying to force my sleep schedule back to a diurnal mode.

I'm sure my grandparents will be upset if I come to Sacramento this weekend and sleep all day. Bed time isn't until at least 8, preferably 10, dammit.

.... now I know why Roy pushed that nail through his palm at the end of Bladerunner.

Passerbye on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Fuck it

Now I have to figure out how to make 200 bucks in thirty days, or else keep reinstalling this beta every few weeks for a couple months

Aren't you a student? Somebody asked you this earlier but I didn't see if you answered.

http://windows7.digitalriver.com/store/mswpus/en_US/DisplayHomePage?resid=Izo5kQoBAkYAACdz5UUAAAA1&rests=1253839139402

You can get the Professional version if you click the box when it asks if you need to connect to a school domain. Offer is good until like January.

I am guessing I cant get that being in Canada.

:(

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    I don't drink beer. I just never liked it.

And no, I don't do "it's an acquired taste" stuff. If I think it tastes like shit I won't keep drinking it and hope it stops tasting like shit.

Echo on
    edited September 2009
    Fuck off, Poldy, The Presets are mine.

really? because I've met them

Boo.

Yeah, I played that card.

And you were appropriately boo'd sir.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2009

Fuck it

Would this work as like

It's not an upgrade. It's the full thing. Just format and install.

Sarksus on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I guess I will get Mass Effect, thats the one with the sex with the blue lady right?

Also I only saw a friend play total war for a bit and he was fighting pirates with some swedish allies in the seas and it looked cool.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    So tomorrow I am thinking of stopping by a Bestbuy and grabbing a computer game (I like having the box :3) I am thinking of spending around 20 dollars or so, grabbing a game that came out last year or years past.

So far I am looking at Mass Effect, Titan's Quest, Assassin's Creed or FEAR.

Though I am slowly getting tempted to get Empire: Total War.

FEAR 2 is apparently 50% off (25 Ameribucks) this weekend on Steam.

Hmmm man... I might have to grab that then too. :P

Just sign up for the newsletters from Steam, GamersGate, Direct2Drive, Impulse and Goold Old Games. All of them now have a weekend sale every weekend. With a little patience you can never pay full price for a game again.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Listening to Substance for the first time.
    Joy Division or New Order?

:^:
    Former. Oddly, I’m cool with post-punk and I’ve had a couple JD albums for nearly three years and only listened to a smattering of tracks.

So it’s about time.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

It's more or less single-handedly ruined my relationship with my mother.

Well, not ruined but it'd be a hell of a lot healthier otherwise.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    So I guess I will get Mass Effect, thats the one with the sex with the blue lady right?

Also I only saw a friend play total war for a bit and he was fighting pirates with some swedish allies in the seas and it looked cool.

if you can then get it on the pc or install it to your xbox hdd, the texture pop otherwise is murder

Rust on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I love Guinness. It was the first beer I could drink regularly. I wish I could drink the liquor at the moment. So many good beers I cannot enjoy at the moment.

It's weird, I can't drink beer at all. Even organic ones. Other booze is fine (except for hangovers+Crohns=suck).

But beer makes me flush all pink.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
    edited September 2009
    I like this track because it's softer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl4Rd5qsgec

Sarksus on
    edited September 2009

Fuck it

Would this work as like

Where can you get the professional version?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2009
    Pendulum - Propane Nightmares

bounce bounce

Echo on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    So tomorrow I am thinking of stopping by a Bestbuy and grabbing a computer game (I like having the box :3) I am thinking of spending around 20 dollars or so, grabbing a game that came out last year or years past.

So far I am looking at Mass Effect, Titan's Quest, Assassin's Creed or FEAR.

Though I am slowly getting tempted to get Empire: Total War.

FEAR 2 is apparently 50% off (25 Ameribucks) this weekend on Steam.

Hmmm man... I might have to grab that then too. :P

Just sign up for the newsletters from Steam, GamersGate, Direct2Drive, Impulse and Goold Old Games. All of them now have a weekend sale every weekend. With a little patience you can never pay full price for a game again.

It is a thing of beauty.

But seriously, Assassin's Creed and Titan Quest are both $5 on D2D.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ufW2INWmM

i like this track because of the video.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2009
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Never had Borolo. I could probably try it this weekend if I find something cheap, because we're grilling.

Something you could try instead of Barolo is Amarone della Valpolicella. It's nothing to do with the sweet, weak Valpolicella. They use semi-dried grapes and a long (double?) ferment.

Basically dried grapes have lots of sugar, but they ferment it longer than usual so you get a very strong wine (15-17%) with tons of flavour.

It's fucking lovely.

Or a varietal Tempranillo from Spain or South America.

Or Chateneauf-du-Pape.

Fuck I love wine.

Montepulciano is also a pretty good (albiet definitely cheaper in price and quality) alternative

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Unless that lie is about what kind of genitalia you have, Senj.

pussy, butt, the point is a hole's a hole

Senjutsu on
    edited September 2009
    If I had the slightest glimmer of hope (and I don't, not one bit) that HTML 5 or stuff like SVG was either
    1) Going to be widely adopted in the next 3-5 years
    2) Going to be implemented in even a remotely standardized fashion between different browsers and platforms
    3) Would not require me to write code in an evil, untyped, feature poor, unperformant piece of shit language (aka: Javascript)

I would be more interested.

But given how much bullshit is required to even make a static webpage look the same in Firefox, Safari, Opera etc... (and that's even ignoring IE) I am sick to death of web "standards". They are not standard and never will be.

Locking stuff up in a box does indeed kind of suck. But at least inside the box everything works the same in all supported browsers / platforms.
    Unless you’re doing things wrong, this is a bunch of garbage.

stilist on
    edited September 2009

Fuck it

Would this work as like

Where can you get the professional version?

When you sign up they'll give you a link to add the Home Premium version to your cart. Below that is a little banner that asks if you need to connect to a school domain, in which case you'll need Professional. Clicking that takes you to the Professional page and it costs the same as Home Premium.

Sarksus on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    I purchased a mug-sized tea infuser. It's quite nice.

What's that?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited September 2009
    My school e-mail address was actually deactivated recently since I didn't register this semester.

So I can't claim the copy of Windows 7 that I pre-ordered.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2009
    I think i'm going to teach myself C++ this weekend.

Anyway Fringe is going to be on. So I must watch it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009

Fuck it

Would this work as like

No, it's the upgrade

A) It's a discount from $119, and the full retail is $199

B) (and this is the kicker)
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009
    Ah, that cup of rooibos put some warmth in my frozen fingers. <3

Echo on
    edited September 2009

That's one boring ass square wave, doggie

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2009
    I think i'm going to teach myself C++ this weekend.

Anyway Fringe is going to be on. So I must watch it.

you might want to give yourself a smidge more time

Senjutsu on
    edited September 2009

What's that?

Those metal balls you put loose tea in and drop straight into the mug.

Echo on
    edited September 2009
    Who was the black lady r&b/soul singer who had a music video a few years back that showed her playing piano outside in the snow?

stilist on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

What's that?

teainfuserlg9680932.jpg

TL DR on
This discussion has been closed.