As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cloudy [Chat] Calculator

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Which clip?

This clip

Gim on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    fuck the police

haha jesus christ this looks like something out of a fucking anti-establishment music video
    I'm not a huge fan of the police.

I'm also not a huge fan of aimless G20/WTO/Globalisation protesters.

I am conflicted.

Andrew_Jay on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    A dead person is not bothered by me chopping him up into manageable pieces then sinking them in the fjord.

Unless you spoke with them before they died and they indicated they wouldn't be bothered by that, how would you know?

that was before they died

now they are dead

now they don't bother about things anymore

the concept of death isn't hard

Not everyone agrees with your idea of what happens after death. Independent of that, you're being a cockbag in my [chat]. Have you considered making a thread about your question?

I am not going to make a thread about the morality of disposing corpses

are you insane

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A dead person is not bothered by me chopping him up into manageable pieces then sinking them in the fjord.

Unless you spoke with them before they died and they indicated they wouldn't be bothered by that, how would you know?

that was before they died

now they are dead

now they don't bother about things anymore

the concept of death isn't hard

Not everyone agrees with your idea of what happens after death. Independent of that, you're being a cockbag in my [chat]. Have you considered making a thread about your question?

this chat is your chat

this chat is my chat

it's also that guy's chat

even though he keeps obliquely talking about killing people:whistle:

Your song is amusing and wise. I have no problem with him talking about killing people. Refusing to recognize what Elldren was getting at made me annoyed though.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »
    fuck the police

haha jesus christ this looks like something out of a fucking anti-establishment music video

I am conflicted.

in this day and age anyone who can be bothered to protest about anything without being a horde of toothless racists is praiseworthy

Rust on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

are you insane

A knife is useless against those MASSIVE CLAWS!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2009
    fuck the police

I am conflicted.

I'm not

I'm a huge fan of watching police beat the shit out of protesters

police wins

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Punk shows:

I saw Black Flag, and some Europunk kept spitting on Henry Rollins. He thought it was some mark of respect or something.

Henry watches, and rocks back and forth, and watches. The Europunk gets closer.

Then Henry punches him in the face, BAM, and the Europunk's nose goes SPLUTCH.

Security haul him away, blood streaming down his face. He's calling 'Henry, vy you hit me? Henry, I luff you Henry!'

Also:

I saw the Henry Rollins Band.

Some girl got crushed in the moshpit. Henry and the bouncers pulled her out, checked she was OK. Turned out it was her birthday. Henry made everyone apologise for crushing her and sing Happy Birthday. He then sat her on the stage for the rest of the show, making her day/week/year.

Point I guess I'm trying to make, cartoon punk comedy slamdancing is lame, and Henry Rollins is God.

Henry Rollins is an awesome dude, Get In The Van is pretty cool to listen to because I guess the audiobook cuts out a lot of bullshit and just includes the cool stuff

Like getting hit in the head with a guitar and the pegs cutting his forehead and bleeding all over it so they tried to wash it off with Coke and it came out all fucked up and then he punched a guy out

Fuck yeah Rollins

Although I've always been partial to Bill Stevenson going "Fuck Black Flag I wrote these songs" and then ALL covers some stuff

Me Too! on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    fuck the police

I am conflicted.

I think both are stupid equally and move on from there.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't find a decent picture online of the basement of the 13th note cafe in Glasgow.

Every band of note originating in Scotland has played there. I'm 5'10" and I have to stoop to avoid cracking my head on the beams.

It is not an environment conducive to moshhing, but people do it.

japan on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    what's with all this Casket 2.0 chat

Senjutsu on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    fuck the police

I am conflicted.

I will side with the police on this one because at least they're doing something constructive.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2009
    fuck the police

I am conflicted.
    in this day and age anyone who can be bothered to protest about anything without being a horde of toothless racists is praiseworthy
    True. Over the past year the bar has been lowered so far even these dudes have no problem getting over it just by doing what they always do.

Andrew_Jay on
    edited September 2009
    Say a decent argument instead of saying "you annoy me by thinking something stupid"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2009
    fuck the police

I am conflicted.

Accept that it is bastards beating up retards and move on with your life.

japan on
    edited September 2009
    Say a decent argument instead of saying "you annoy me by thinking something stupid"

Should we go ahead and completely excise the concept of a last will then?

I mean, this is what you are arguing against.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2009

Completely forgetting about the whole respect for the dead and their last wishes.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited September 2009
    I have a friend who's counter-protesting a Neo Nazi rally today. I expect it to be civil and courteous.

Gim on
    edited September 2009

technically that concerns the deceased's property more often than the deceased

possessions can have value after their poessessor is dead

corpses rarely have value on the open market, except maybe for extremely broad-minded fertilizer/animal feed salesmen

Rust on
    edited September 2009
    Also, I bet you ten bucks to get some junkie to think this idea is totally awesome and that I should totally do it if he ODs

that doesn't make it more or less right

basically my position is I'm not hurting anyone (If we disregard the people that might actually care more than I thought they would) so therefore it's okay

But I'm not crazy enough to chop up people anyway

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2009
    Also, I bet you ten bucks to get some junkie to think this idea is totally awesome and that I should totally do it if he ODs

basically my position is I'm not hurting anyone (If we disregard the people that might actually care more than I thought they would) so therefore it's okay

Ever think about that next of kin you might not know about? Family even if they are estranged or something like that. A body is something to connect to, dumping doesn't help. Just a thought. Also don't dump, find a pig farm.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited September 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    I have a friend who's counter-protesting a Neo Nazi rally today. I expect it to be civil and courteous.

Oh man, this is something I really want to do, and I'm in the second best location in the UK to do it.

I just need to figure out where and when these things are going to happen in advance.

japan on
    edited September 2009

This wasn't at you, it was at the other guy who think it is totally stupid for us to disagree

but anyway, no, but a will only matters to whoever wrote it for as long as they are alive, after that it concerns only the ones who are alive

basically what I'm saying is that dead people are dead and the only ones you can hurt are the living

but we've been saying the same things at each other over and over, we're not going anywhere, so I'll change the subject if you want to

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't think Fleet Foxes is for me

skippydumptruck on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    [

To be fair, Abdhiyus is kind of a cockbag in general.

Nerdgasmic on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    japan wrote: »

Oh man, this is something I really want to do, and I'm in the second best location in the UK to do it.

I just need to figure out where and when these things are going to happen in advance.

The problem with Neo-Nazis is I just want to punch them in the neck, but they're really big and tough.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
    edited September 2009

corpses rarely have value on the open market, except maybe for extremely broad-minded fertilizer/animal feed salesmen

If I do not own my own body then I don't know what.

The value or lack thereof has nothing to do with it. People leave pieces of otherwise worthless sentimental junk in their wills all the time. This has no bearing on the legal concept and its underlying cultural base.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2009
    japan wrote: »

The tough thing about the one going on today is that the Nazis have been refusing to say where it's being held at. They're sneaky little buggers.

Gim on
    edited September 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Ever think about that next of kin you might not know about? Family even if they are estranged or something like that. A body is something to connect to, dumping doesn't help. Just a thought. Also don't dump, find a pig farm.

uh

I did

I said if we disregard those people

I'm not hurting anyone

If we don't, then yes

I don't own pigs, but I do own or have access to heavy-duty garbage bags, a saw, a boat, and a fjord that's hundreds of meters deep

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2009

The value or lack thereof has nothing to do with it. People leave pieces of otherwise worthless sentimental junk in their wills all the time. This has no bearing on the legal concept and its underlying cultural base.

look i'm not even trying to argue with you i just wanted to make that post cuz i am in a posting mood

posting machine on the video screen

posting like you ain't never seen

Rust on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Actually, in all seriousness, is it worth being rational with them? Their ideology shows they're not up for point-counterpoint.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
    edited September 2009

You don't own it after your death, dead person cannot own property. We inherit automatically, or the state takes it, because it has to go somewhere as there is no owner anymore.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2009
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Actually, in all seriousness, is it worth being rational with them? Their ideology shows they're not up for point-counterpoint.

of course not, why is that even a question

it's rarely worth being rational to people at the best of times, let alone if they have a completely opposition-defined antagonistic ideology

Rust on
    edited September 2009
    lordloveaduck.png

Huh.

Gim on
    edited September 2009

This wasn't at you, it was at the other guy who think it is totally stupid for us to disagree

but anyway, no, but a will only matters to whoever wrote it for as long as they are alive, after that it concerns only the ones who are alive

basically what I'm saying is that dead people are dead and the only ones you can hurt are the living

but we've been saying the same things at each other over and over, we're not going anywhere, so I'll change the subject if you want to

I have no problem with you disagreeing, but repeating your postulate as if it were a fact makes the argument uninteresting and tedious. You were begging the question is all.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

No, it concerns the wishes of the deceased.

If the wishes of a dead person were unimportant then we wouldn't have wills to decide how their property would be divided up, we would just take whatever we can get.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2009
    He should drive them off of a bridge with his second-hand cop car.

Andrew_Jay on
    edited September 2009

You don't own it after your death, dead person cannot own property. We inherit automatically, or the state takes it, because it has to go somewhere as there is no owner anymore.

This is false. The estates of dead people often exist long after they do.

At least in common-law countries.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

If the wishes of a dead person were unimportant then we wouldn't have wills to decide how their property would be divided up, we would just take whatever we can get.

Wait what?

Shit, I have been doing it wrong.

Greeper on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

people lined up outside sickrooms like on Black Friday

waiting to rush in and grab the best deals

skippydumptruck on
This discussion has been closed.