As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Step 5: Remove [DOODLES] from microwave, mix in content of flavor packet. [NSFW]

Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
edited January 2010 in Artist's Corner
Really running out of good Doodle-related puns.
Tam wrote: »
Probably the most color it's ever going to see

he's not dismounting anymore, the broom is in perspective, and the hand is still fucked

i2tsv8.jpg
F87 wrote: »
Tam, I colored your lines for some fun time activity. I hope you don't mind.

tamtam.jpg
FANTOMAS wrote: »
Doordzle.

9qhhsh.jpg

and Digidoordzle

2hp1zpj.jpg
So guys, im quiting drawing and moving into real estate. Heres a mock-up concept of my identity. its 'ATM Real Estate: Property Consultants'. ATM = my initials

4ufoll.jpg

LMFAO-LOL-ROFL. Had you all fooled. im not moving to real estate. this is for one of my uni assignments. A BUGE subject, so not part of my actual art studies.:)

Angel_of_Bacon on

• CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    [DOODLE] thread? More like [WIP] thread, amirite?

1002477tq.jpg

I did this like, half a year ago on shitty paper in one night, but I still like the colors, so up it goes.

Charis on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Next thread title: Oodles of Doodles.

you're welcome, Bacon.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Help! My flavor packet isn't mixing in! It's just clumping up on the edges!

Veritas on
  • pittenspittens Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The dark shadows around her chin are uncomfortably intense for me, Charis, but the colours on her face all look really awesome together. :]

pittens on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    For the record I think this is a pretty great title.
    The dark shadows around her chin are uncomfortably intense for me

and for the other record, I thought that was a guy?

Mustang on
  • pittenspittens Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    For the record I think this is a pretty great title.
    The dark shadows around her chin are uncomfortably intense for me

and for the other record, I thought that was a guy?

Wuh oh

possibly my bad

pittens on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Veritas wrote: »
    Help! My flavor packet isn't mixing in! It's just clumping up on the edges!

Add the polyethylene glycol levigating agent. Duh.

TheBog on
    edited September 2009
    Shame on you Mustang, it's deff a chick because it's me. Shame on you.

But I can see the mistake. Not only are the shadows around the jaw too dark, but the jawline is also too far out and too big. I've noticed this a million times before, but I've been reluctant to go back into it. It's wood paints (the 99 cent crafter's paints from Michael's) on Bristol Board. I am no too interested in saving it.

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    Charis wrote:

D:
    I forgot to mention that you are a very pretty she-man who will make someone very happy someday.
    Swish!

Mustang on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i thought that was a beard :?:

Projeck on
    edited September 2009
    Awesome.

If I had some kind of sweet lumberjack beard, I would be the manliest person on this forum, and I could have all the virgins.

Charis on
  • Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    Charis wrote:

D:
    I forgot to mention that you are a very pretty she-man who will make someone very happy someday.
    Swish!

She already makes me very happy. >:[

Anyway, I've been working on that commission. And not much else. But here's my progress on that shiz:

dfsmall.jpg

Editz: On second thought, I may have to fix that neck. Not sure the highlight would be that strong there. Or maybe add a small highlight towards the back of his head. But, I'm not sure.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Projeck wrote: »
    krillin1.png
    image.php?u=8772&dateline=1253772769

Best avatar/sig ever.

EDIT: to make this worth the post, heres fun doodle graphic design business cards. print screen of Microsoft Publisher. Still screwing around with the logo. this is a temporary one. gettin a colour palette sorted.
    6frvrm.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't wait for the Projeck/DMAC fist fight over Krillin rights.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    I can't wait for the Projeck/DMAC fist fight over Krillin rights.

Where did DMAC go anyways?

Where did Bombs go?

Where did Grifter go?

Is Bacon the only super putty holding down the lincoln log fort that is the AC?

Godfather on
  • Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    11h3ytd.jpg

Asamof the Horrible on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    can the next thread be named "Teenage Mutant Ninja Doodle"?

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How about "Just Doodle It"

Tam on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    Where the heck were all of you smarty-pantses before I made the thread, huh?

Well it's too late now, let's see if anyone remembers to start throwing out titles in 98 pages' time.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Pretty sure we had 'oodles of doodles' a few years back, anyway.

tynic on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Radar, does your client have gills?? When you're tilting your head like that the skin does not bunch up into folds.

CheerfulBear on
  • FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    AoB you know you can edit the thread title, right?

double click next to the title while viewing the AC mainpage?

the world is your oyster

Fletcher on
  • FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Radar, does your client have gills?? When you're tilting your head like that the skin does not bunch up into folds.

i think he said elsewhere that the guy was actually a little on the chunky side from some angles

and that he was having a tough time making the piece acceptably flattering without it being straight up fantasy

but yeah it does look odd. there really wouldn't be that many folds unless the neck was a heck of a lot wider as well

Fletcher on
    edited September 2009
    Fletcher wrote: »
    AoB you know you can edit the thread title, right?

double click next to the title while viewing the AC mainpage?

the world is your oyster

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

The fickle masses can suck my nuts, I say!

To change the title now would show weakness.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited September 2009
    2d1pjee.jpg

And yeah, title shouldn't change. if its got doodle in it somewhere, good enough

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So i'm not that happy with this, but i was trying to get the look of the old man logan comic. I think it was an ok first attempt. Aside from the shitty drawing, how can i improve the color?

sketch33.jpg

here's a slight tweak.

sketch33-1.jpg

NakedZergling on
    edited September 2009
    Fletcher wrote: »

i think he said elsewhere that the guy was actually a little on the chunky side from some angles

and that he was having a tough time making the piece acceptably flattering without it being straight up fantasy

but yeah it does look odd. there really wouldn't be that many folds unless the neck was a heck of a lot wider as well

Both good points. Now that I'm looking at it, you guys are right. That'll be remedied. I knew something looked off about the neck...

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So i'm not that happy with this, but i was trying to get the look of the old man logan comic. I think it was an ok first attempt. Aside from the shitty drawing, how can i improve the color?

sketch33.jpg

Try to blend the values. You've got the color down pretty well but the way you shaded is a bit sloppy and doesn't help the lines any.

mensch-o-matic on
    edited September 2009
    00ae608b381f1d88162ee80ad0cf217e.jpg

I have a class called Conceptual Art. Which, you would think would be like "Concept Art", but it's not. Well, it is sort of, but rather, we have to take a single object and render it in 76 different ways. We have to exemplify words like joy, sorrow, and even more ridiculous statements like "Sunday Evening" and falsification.

And we can't use words and... we weren't supposed to use symbols, though most people in the class are and my professor says nothing to them. So I'm thinking about getting more literal.

So far I've done these traditionally and just haven't' scanned them, but this one I put a bit of effort into (about 2- 2.5 hours) and did it digitally, so I figured I'd toss it up.

Oh, and this is "hate". Bleh.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Conceptual Art is also known as Everything That is Wrong With Art

rts on
    edited September 2009
    Hey look, me and cake agree on something.

Mustang on
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, me too.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    edited September 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »

Does conceptual art = "modern" art?

Because fuck that stuff.

Godfather on
    edited September 2009
    me four

also emma frost is kinda bendy at the tip

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    cakemikz wrote: »

Does conceptual art = "modern" art?

Because fuck that stuff.

Nah, our class is mostly about trying to convey messages and feelings through art. There is some merit to it, though my process so far has been, "Hey look, colors are emotions." And my teacher is all, "Hey look, now you have to work in black and white for a while."

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    Radar6590 wrote: »
    I have a class called Conceptual Art. Which, you would think would be like "Concept Art"

MWHAHAHAHA
    I love the last section in there:
    In Britain, the rise to prominence of the Young British Artists (YBAs) after the 1988 Freeze show, curated by Damien Hirst, and subsequent promotion of the group by the Saatchi Gallery during the 1990s, generated a media backlash, where the phrase "conceptual art" came to be a term of derision applied to much contemporary art. This was amplified by the Turner Prize whose more extreme nominees (most notably Hirst and Emin) caused a controversy annually.[4]

The Stuckist group of artists, founded in 1999, proclaimed themselves "pro-contemporary figurative painting with ideas and anti-conceptual art, mainly because of its lack of concepts." They also called it pretentious, "unremarkable and boring" and on July 25, 2002 deposited a coffin outside the White Cube gallery, marked "The Death of Conceptual Art".[12][13] They staged yearly demonstrations outside the Turner Prize.

In 2002, Ivan Massow, the Chairman of the Institute of Contemporary Arts branded conceptual art "pretentious, self-indulgent, craftless tat" and in "danger of disappearing up its own arse ... led by cultural tsars such as the Tate's Sir Nicholas Serota."
    [14] Massow was consequently forced to resign. At the end of the year, the Culture Minister, Kim Howells (an art school graduate) denounced the Turner Prize as "cold, mechanical, conceptual bullshit".[15]

In October 2004 the Saatchi Gallery told the media that "painting continues to be the most relevant and vital way that artists choose to communicate."[16] Following this statement Charles Saatchi began to sell prominent works from his YBA collection.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited September 2009
    Hrm

I do not think I get this Conceptual Art thing

Godfather on
    edited September 2009
    Not actually what the class is about.

It's more about conveying ideas through images. Like, if you were working for a client, perhaps making a logo for people who do air conditioning installation, how would you convey 'cold' to make sure the logo shows their trade? Things like the color blue, ice cubes, snow, popsicles, polar bears, ice caps, or even down to how you draw the logo. Maybe you draw it as if it's frozen, or the lettering as if it's made of icicles.

It's not like the people who stick a cow in formaldehyde and say it's a statement on the economy. That stuff is BS.

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    Ok, yeah, guys you're out of control here. The class is dumb, that's to be sure, which is why I agreed, but it's not that kind of bullshit - the kind that Bacon linked.

Which I figured would also be partially apparent by what I posted, btw. Which no one has said anything about. The class wasn't supposed to be the focus, here.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    edited September 2009
    I had just assumed you were trying to stick it the man by doing illustrations instead of nailing condoms to pickup trucks. Labeling an (albeit vaguely defined) illustration class as "conceptual art" makes as little sense as a Marine recruitment poster that just said, "FREE PIANO LESSONS" on it.*

Gonna win me the Turner Prize with that one, yeah.

Angel_of_Bacon on
This discussion has been closed.