As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Uncharted 2 : Seriously.

• Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tried deathmatch, too, and I approve. Managed to be the highest ranked guy on the winning team, which isn't bad for a first try, though 90% of the players were level 1s who presumably didn't have a clue what they were doing. Still, hey, drew for kills with a level 30-something on the other side, so I'm quite happy with that.

I'm buying it for the singleplayer but this is going to be a very nice bonus if it keeps on at this rate. And no lag here, either.

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just got the beta and it's a lot more fun then i expected, my PSN is BlueMap if anyone wants to add me.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    luring a eurogamer 10/10 review in front of me before this game's released is like sliding a cold glass of peroni in front of a recovering alcoholic on the day he's about to reach step twelve

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Downloaded the demo, tried both a deathmatch and a plunder match. Got my ass handed to me. Good times.

I didn't have anyone from my friends' list online, so I was playing with strangers. Please add BFicky to the PSN thread list. I'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to try it out.

Oh, I haven't played an online game since Counterstrike, so I'm pretty rusty. What's the best way to learn the ins and outs of this game? Co-op levels? Deathmatch?

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    bficky wrote: »
    Downloaded the demo, tried both a deathmatch and a plunder match. Got my ass handed to me. Good times.

I didn't have anyone from my friends' list online, so I was playing with strangers. Please add BFicky to the PSN thread list. I'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to try it out.

Oh, I haven't played an online game since Counterstrike, so I'm pretty rusty. What's the best way to learn the ins and outs of this game? Co-op levels? Deathmatch?

Ass tons of playing. That's really the only way to go. Just find weapons that work for you, and repetition will take care of the rest.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Learn weapon placements.

1UP also had this game for their game night, but no way am I watching it and spoiling it for myself.

Kyougu on
  • xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i'm in as rexamadex

how do you reload again? i beat the first one, but i cant for the life of me figure it out

thanks

xta on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    R2 reloads.

I'll be up for a few quick games tonight, add me if you like. Pretty please. I'm lovely. And have a 'sexy' Northern English accent.

PSN: SirGrinchX

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Throw me in the OP (LiquidSolid), though I won't be playing the beta. I'm going to be strong and just wait for the actual release.

Also, as fantastic as the OP is, I'd imagine some people will completely skip over it because they don't recognise 'Charted'. Oh and it might be nice if the OP had review scores in it. 10/10 from Eurogamer is pretty fantastic.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Motherfuck, the reviews for this are retardedly high.

*sigh* Looks like Demon's Souls is going to have to wait.

Muddy Water on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Motherfuck, the reviews for this are retardedly high.

*sigh* Looks like Demon's Souls is going to have to wait.

Go without food for a month, it'll be worth it.

(And yes, I'm torn between those two AND Ratchet and Clank which is out two weeks later (Well, not torn, I KNOW I'm buying Uncharted first))

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Demon's Souls, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank and Brutal Legend. These are all games I'd like to play eventually. But since I don't live and breathe video games, I was only planning on getting on Demon's Souls for now, and the rest December onwards. But Uncharted 2 just came along and pissed all over my plans by apparently being so drat awesome.

Muddy Water on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Have they said whether or not there will be a SP demo?

Torso Boy on
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Downloaded the demo yesterday and tried out a few deathmatches and one co-op. Liked both, but I think I liked the co-op better. Mostly sucked at deathmatch; fewest kills, most deaths, ARRGH!, but I was happy to see I still have my headshot skills. Took a while to get used to the controls since it's been a while since I've played the first one, and there's no list of controls! I feel like I'm missing a run button somewhere.

PSN is, wait for it....MegoThor. I need more folks on my friends list!

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Managed to squeeze in few objective games last night. Apart from taking ages to find a game I had a blast.

Plunder is the best mode by far. Heaving the idol forward, then lobbing it over an enemies head and then pumping said enemy full of lead ( hey, that rhymes ), is the best thing ever.

My first plunder match ever I went 7-1 in K/D and captured the idol once. In that time I broke the neck of a guy using a riot shield, found a minigun and mowed down 3 people, shot 2 people hanging from ledges and shot a dude while peeking over a ledge. Next game I got pulled over the edge of the snow cave D:.

But even though I lost more games than I won I had a total blast during all of it.

Also, the cinema is the best thing.

*edit* I don't want to play with PA peeps until I get my mic sorted at the weekend. It just wouldn't be right.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
    edited September 2009
    Next game I got pulled over the edge of the snow cave D:.I]

Did someone hit you with the batclaw?

And if so, was it upgraded, and he took two more with you?

:mrgreen:

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mego Thor wrote: »

I don't think Batman would pipe over chat in a squeaky voice " Get down here bitch ".

D:

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mego Thor wrote: »

I don't think Batman would pipe over chat in a squeaky voice " Get down here bitch ".

D:
    That's actually his normal voice.. his bat-voice-modulator broke.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited September 2009
    Presenting...my brand new sig!

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have some of you friended from Fat Princess. I plan on pre-ordering this game in the near future, and will be on the open beta later today after work.

No headset yet, but I'll likely grab one at the time of the pre-order, which won't be today. Soon... *strokes cat while sitting in a leather chair* soon...

EDIT: ArcticArctos in case you can't read my trophy sig. :P

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am apparently awesome in chain reaction. I don't know how good a badge of honor that is but I just played 3 or 4 matches and had the highest captures every time (and barely any deaths!). It was glorious. I also got the "Put 'em down" medal which made me oh so happy.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    managed to get in a couple hours of the multiplayer beta last night and i gotta admit i had a blast.

the wait to find a match can, at times, be absolutely ridiculous but i just use that time to take a smoke break so i guess it's all good.

hatedinamerica on
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've gotten three "Put 'em down" medals. What are they for?

pyromaniac221 on
    edited October 2009
    I've gotten three "Put 'em down" medals. What are they for?

"Put 'em Down" is a medal you get if you kill somebody who's on a killing streak. Once you start getting Medals, you should get an option in the Main Menu that lets you review your medals and it tells you how you get them. There's quite a few.

Darth_Mogs on
    edited October 2009
    Ah, I see. Do you get cash for medals?

Also, playing pub games with no mics really sucks. Everyone kind of just goes off and does their own thing, and that's murder in arena.

pyromaniac221 on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Awesome, I did the "pull down" on some guy in the snow level.

I hated the combat in the first game, but I'm having all manner of fun in this demo. Maybe that's because it's not full of super hardcore people who play it several hours everyday and ruin the fun for everyone else yet.

Darlan on
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I believe medals award additional cash.

The combat is really good, but I hope I never run into the team I ran into today again. Whole bunch of 'bros partied together, level fucking 40 and above, and I was on a team where the highest level person was 8. Uhh, guess how that turned out.

I wouldn't have minded so much if they weren't such cunts afterwards. "I wish we could hear them crying, but they don't have any mics!"

Yeah, whatever dude.

Darth_Mogs on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I wouldn't have minded so much if they weren't such cunts afterwards. "I wish we could hear them crying, but they don't have any mics!"

Yeah, whatever dude.

I don't get this. Like, do they think the other people take the game so seriously they break down into tears when they lose a match? Maybe I just don't get into games enough these days.

-Loki- on
    edited October 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »

Yeah, whatever dude.

I don't get this. Like, do they think the other people take the game so seriously they break down into tears when they lose a match? Maybe I just don't get into games enough these days.

They were just being cunt-bags, boasting and reaffirming their own 'skillz' because they won a match against people who probably just started playing fucking today. (At least, I did, and I was level 6.)

Darth_Mogs on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Darlan wrote: »
    Awesome, I did the "pull down" on some guy in the snow level.

I hated the combat in the first game, but I'm having all manner of fun in this demo. Maybe that's because it's not full of super hardcore people who play it several hours everyday and ruin the fun for everyone else yet.

I done that one, and then I found out you can actually do the reverse, slamming someone's head on the surface and pushing them off the wall to earn another medal.

Kyougu on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I rather liked Tychos comment on this game on the main page.
    The following is a public service announcement.

Releasing your Goddamned reviews for Uncharted 2 more than two weeks before the game's retail release goes past mean, vaults over cruel, and keeps running past the sign which indicates you've entered the realm of bastards.

-Loki- on
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yeah, whatever dude.

They were just being cunt-bags, boasting and reaffirming their own 'skillz' because they won a match against people who probably just started playing fucking today. (At least, I did, and I was level 6.)

I'm sure everyone here has seen it before but let it never be forgot.
    215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg
    Best thing you can do with these kinds of people is mute them. Or just tune them out.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, apparently on Sessler's Soapbox he states that Uncharted 2 was the "greatest single player experience [he's] ever had."

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    So, apparently on Sessler's Soapbox he states that Uncharted 2 was the "greatest single player experience [he's] ever had."

That's some mighty glowing praise right there. 'It deserves to be taken apart an analysed because it's doing things right in a way we always dreamed of'. Or something.

-Loki- on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm not gonna watch that just because I figure that Sessler is quite the eloquent speaker and that there is no way he could praise the game without spoiling some sort of thing. Tycho was right.

edit:
    I rather liked Tychos comment on this game on the main page.
    The following is a public service announcement.

Releasing your Goddamned reviews for Uncharted 2 more than two weeks before the game's retail release goes past mean, vaults over cruel, and keeps running past the sign which indicates you've entered the realm of bastards.

You would think PA would have some pull. Enough to get a review copy, at least.

I mean, he has a new kid. It's not like he'll have time to play it anyway!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited October 2009
    I'm not gonna watch that just because I figure that Sessler is quite the eloquent speaker and that there is no way he could praise the game without spoiling some sort of thing. Tycho was right.

He didn't spoil anything. He basically said while playing it, he didn't think 'wow, these mechanics are good, wow, these graphics are great', he just felt like a kid again when he saw Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time and though that's what adult life would be like. And that it wasn't like playing a game. It was an experience. He just heaps praise on the game without mentioning anything about the story.

-Loki- on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Re:Multiplayer

Customizable Appearance at all or nah?

Egos on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can select from a list of characters...which reminds me, I have 2 codes from comic-con for a multiplayer skin. Should I give them out now, or do something special closer to launch?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are there any cool masked character, per chance?

Egos on
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    Are there any cool masked character, per chance?

Preaty much every single vilan skin. Some look like bdsm gimps but the others arnt too bad. Also I think your able to use the army-of-two-rip-off enemy skins too.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.