As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TF2: Odd lag - Netgraph sections get "blank" (NSF56K)

SeguerSeguer of the VoidSydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys,

Any ideas what would cause the lag/stuttering in TF2 that is associated with the below gaps in my netgraph?

netgraph1.jpg

More in the spoiler:
netgraph2.jpg

netgraph3.jpg

netgraph4.jpg

netgraph5.jpg

This one went on for so long that TF2 decided to tell me I was in Arena. Again..

netgraph6.jpg

netgraph7.jpg

I have to restart my computer or Logoff/Logon again in order to fix this. This usually happens after my computer has been on for a while (overnight).

Seguer on

• GameHatGameHat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Do you run any torrent clients? Either while playing or otherwise?

GameHat on
  • SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I do, but I've tried closing it (and this doesn't always happen anyway, whether or not uTorrent is running/doing stuff)

Seguer on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does it happen in nearly perfectly precise intervals? (Say, every 30 seconds?)

Melkster on
    edited October 2009
    Not that I've noticed. Sometimes it'll make me rage how often it does it, other times I can go a round with only one or two.

Sometimes my HDD thrashes while it happens, but not always. And like I said at the start, it only seems to happen if my computer has been running for ages.

Seguer on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seguer wrote: »
    Not that I've noticed. Sometimes it'll make me rage how often it does it, other times I can go a round with only one or two.

Sometimes my HDD thrashes while it happens, but not always. And like I said at the start, it only seems to happen if my computer has been running for ages.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? If wireless:
    Logon/logoff seems to imply that it's an application issue. If it required a reboot I would say try disabling then re-enabling the network adapter.

Are you using Windows to managed the wireless connection or whatever software came with the adapter?

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Clearly the problem is that you aren't playing on a PA server.

UEAKCrash on
    edited October 2009
    Wired connection, and I'm in Australia, so playing on PA servers would not help, Crash :P

Seguer on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm going to assume you're getting ping spikes so huge, that it "times out" and doesn't even register on the netgraph.

No idea what would cause this.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg