Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat]wipe

14142434547

Posts

  • PodlyPodly good moleman to youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My only complaint about the iphone is that the HDD is not accessible.

    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    hlB028K.png?1
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ugh, that disco song was terrible. Even for disco, it was terrible.

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    But it was so pretty. Why??

    Because life is change and my hair being in a constant flux of length represents that.

    Alternatively because I was getting tired of having to wash and dry it, especially as the weather starts getting colder.

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/2009/sep/28/heavy-metal-music-us-army-iraq

    Probably total shit, but apparently the top 3 artists for US soldiers stationed abroad are Eminem, Slayer and Metallica.

    I like how the dude listing songs like Four Horsemen and Seek and Destroy doesn't mention One :P

  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    My only complaint about the iphone is that the HDD is not accessible.

    It's accessible so long as Apple says it's okay.

    Or if you jailbreak it, then you can do whatever you want with it.

  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    But it was so pretty. Why??

    Because life is change and my hair being in a constant flux of length represents that.

    Alternatively because I was getting tired of having to wash and dry it, especially as the weather starts getting colder.

    Ah, ok. The first bit is pretty much why I cut my hair too.

  • JokermanJokerman Love is careless in its choosing. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I would read reviews for that device before you do anything. Devices that "do everything" usually have drawbacks.

    well the idea is to build one to my exact specifications, but that is dammed close to exactly what i'd need.

    Chanus wrote: »
    the best asians are white people
    My blog about Beer!
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    From David Jones' mouth -
    "Basically, you have to buy the client. It's a traditional game that you buy...We're not going the normal ‘you have to subscribe to play the game every month' route. What we haven't said is which route we are going, and in some respects we're still looking."

    Which means the game won't cost $15 a month.

    What it does mean is they will probably have micro-transactions (an easy thing to pull off in a game like this, you just sell clothes or car designs or whatever for real money) or they will go the expansion pack release model, like GuildWars uses

    or have other locked content behind micro-transcations, like DDO is using now

    which, in any case, would be optional things you could just ignore if you didn't want to buy them.

    so whining about a monthly subscription fee like the game has to "justify" it can take a hike

    but, i continue to maintain you are an unpleasable whiner and at this point i challenge you to prove me wrong
    I'm an unpleaseable whiner because I don't want to buy another game that does nothing new or original besides let me dress up my character, and am dissatisfied when the first video released of this apparently ground-breaking game is of how I can put tattoos on people? I'm perfectly happy with GTA4 and its multiplayer already, thanks.

    Fine, then don't play it. We don't care anymore. People will play it and have fun.

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Ugh, that disco song was terrible. Even for disco, it was terrible.

    You'll awaken the beast.

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    High-five Passer!

    Also whoa what, DDO is free to play now? That is intriguing!

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/2009/sep/28/heavy-metal-music-us-army-iraq

    Probably total shit, but apparently the top 3 artists for US soldiers stationed abroad are Eminem, Slayer and Metallica.

    man we really have lowered our standards

    Per3th.jpg
  • JokermanJokerman Love is careless in its choosing. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    But it was so pretty. Why??

    Because life is change and my hair being in a constant flux of length represents that.

    Alternatively because I was getting tired of having to wash and dry it, especially as the weather starts getting colder.

    Ah, ok. The first bit is pretty much why I cut my hair too.

    No one fawns over my long hair.

    :(

    Chanus wrote: »
    the best asians are white people
    My blog about Beer!
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Ugh, that disco song was terrible. Even for disco, it was terrible.

    You'll awaken the beast.

    I'm 19 hours over bedtime with a weak cup of coffee propping me up and a houseful of bed bugs to stare down should the need for sleep attempt to overcome me. The best does not scare me.

  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarks you are terrible at drums. But the future Mrs Yami and I had fun, so it's okay.

    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The drums are terrible.

  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jokerman wrote: »
    No one fawns over my long hair.

    :(

    I just don't know you well enough, sorry. You should hang out in [chat] more often.

  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I made up for it with my beautiful rendition of Don't Stop Believing, though.

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    From David Jones' mouth -
    "Basically, you have to buy the client. It's a traditional game that you buy...We're not going the normal ‘you have to subscribe to play the game every month' route. What we haven't said is which route we are going, and in some respects we're still looking."

    Which means the game won't cost $15 a month.

    What it does mean is they will probably have micro-transactions (an easy thing to pull off in a game like this, you just sell clothes or car designs or whatever for real money) or they will go the expansion pack release model, like GuildWars uses

    or have other locked content behind micro-transcations, like DDO is using now

    which, in any case, would be optional things you could just ignore if you didn't want to buy them.

    so whining about a monthly subscription fee like the game has to "justify" it can take a hike

    but, i continue to maintain you are an unpleasable whiner and at this point i challenge you to prove me wrong
    I'm an unpleaseable whiner because I don't want to buy another game that does nothing new or original besides let me dress up my character, and am dissatisfied when the first video released of this apparently ground-breaking game is of how I can put tattoos on people? I'm perfectly happy with GTA4 and its multiplayer already, thanks.

    No, you're an unpleasable whiner because your entire reaction to this subject has been "this game sucks" and when every reason you give for that gets shot down by someone else, and you just make up a new one

    What it ultimately boils down to is you like GTA4's multiplayer (why on Earth, I have no idea, that game is fucking terrible) and you don't see the point in getting a multiplayer game that has conceptual similarities. Even though there's a lot of differences between a MMORPG and playing multiplayer GTA4, you don't see that difference beyond "Well I'm playing with other people over the internet, aren't I?"

    You bring up playing with your friends as if those are the only people you'd want to play with anyway, which to me says quite clearly that MMORPGs in general aren't for you. Which is fine, but then you just hate on MMORPGs entirely and APB isn't for you regardless of anything it does gameplay wise.

    What, honestly, could this game have done to impress you? I posit nothing, because you are predisposed to hating a game that is similar enough to a game you already like so much so that you see no point in playing it.

    Christ, if I had your attitude I would've never played Saint's Row and its sequel, and would've missed out on one of the best games to come out last year.

    Having a sniveling, close-minded attitude towards games because they might be similar in some respects to games you already like is an easy way to miss out on fantastic games, man.

    Games are to be enjoyed. They are not involved in some kind of titanic battle for your heart and mind, where all games of a similar genre or style must be compared to declare a victor that you want to spend your time on.

    Jesus, it reminds me of Star Wars nerds who hate on Star Trek. You can like more than one thing in the same genre.

  • JokermanJokerman Love is careless in its choosing. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    No one fawns over my long hair.

    :(

    I just don't know you well enough, sorry. You should hang out in [chat] more often.

    Are you kiddin? Im in [chat] all the time!

    :P

    Chanus wrote: »
    the best asians are white people
    My blog about Beer!
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    No one fawns over my long hair.

    :(

    I just don't know you well enough, sorry. You should hang out in [chat] more often.

    you're missing out.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If I was gonna kill a dude I'd probably have Slayer blaring in the background.

  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    No one fawns over my long hair.

    :(

    I just don't know you well enough, sorry. You should hang out in [chat] more often.

    Are you kiddin? Im in [chat] all the time!

    :P

    Well then develop telepathy so you can sense when I'm [chat]ting and can thus drag your pale ginger ass to the computer. :P

  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck ill-ass lemony snicket Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    um

    why are you guys still talking about this?

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    um

    why are you guys still talking about this?

    I am enjoying bludgeoning matt with my brain. I don't generally act like a pushy jerk towards people and it feels good to do it to people sometimes when they are being stupid and whiny.

  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I made up for it with my beautiful rendition of Don't Stop Believing, though.

    I had actually blocked that out. I can remember a dozen people singing it on TF2 voice chat, but yours was so terrible I blocked it out.

    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I made up for it with my beautiful rendition of Don't Stop Believing, though.

    I had actually blocked that out. I can remember a dozen people singing it on TF2 voice chat, but yours was so terrible I blocked it out.

    The game thought I was good.

  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And now more Mario & Luigi, because that game is so f'in good.

    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Alright, time to get naked and soap up Dyr.

    Then take pictures of Croatian folk dancers.

    Sleep will come, someday. I hope.

    Be good to each other, [chat]. <3

  • JokermanJokerman Love is careless in its choosing. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    No one fawns over my long hair.

    :(

    I just don't know you well enough, sorry. You should hang out in [chat] more often.

    Are you kiddin? Im in [chat] all the time!

    :P

    Well then develop telepathy so you can sense when I'm [chat]ting and can thus drag your pale ginger ass to the computer. :P

    I'm not that pale! look at my serious face!
    10319_514248486836_208501854_30937584_5247896_n.jpg
    Spoiler:

    Chanus wrote: »
    the best asians are white people
    My blog about Beer!
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If the four ever played together, I'd jizz myself.

    Several times.

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    jokerman being sunburnt doesn't make you not pale

  • PodlyPodly good moleman to youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    If I was gonna kill a dude I'd probably have Slayer blaring in the background.

    I'd probably go with something along these lines, and go for the old "insanity/refined classical music" stereotype

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1qAWcd4rr0

    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    hlB028K.png?1
  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I was away for a while.
    japan wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I'm psyched about building my own first computer and I will need extensive googling to get it together - that's how techsmart I am.
    It's really not that difficult.

    The difficult part is ensuring you buy components that will slot together.

    Beyond that, you just need to common sense to figure out why two parts aren't fitting together, instead of applying force until they do.

    Okay, I figure it'll be a fun experience to build one for myself. :) I'm not really scared of breaking anything, I'll be gentle.

    This is my list of parts so far if anyone's interested.

    I basically decided on the i5 processor, then looked for a motherboard which had the correct socket. And I noticed that it also required DDR3 memory - whatever that is.

    Basically just undecided about what video card and what RAM to buy, that's why there are two of each category there.

  • PodlyPodly good moleman to youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    woah, Kleiber's hand is hella slow in that performance

    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    hlB028K.png?1
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had so many dreams

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    I had so many dreams

    me too

    all crushed

    Per3th.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    now you got me listening to the Brahms 4-1 video on there Podly

    Per3th.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck ill-ass lemony snicket Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I had so many dreams

    me too

    all crushed

    haha

    I love you elendil

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I should listen to Wagner

    I am in a Wagnerian mood

    Per3th.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had a few dreams.

    They were pretty lame.

This discussion has been closed.