As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]wipe

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My only complaint about the iphone is that the HDD is not accessible.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ugh, that disco song was terrible. Even for disco, it was terrible.

Passerbye on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    But it was so pretty. Why??

Because life is change and my hair being in a constant flux of length represents that.

Alternatively because I was getting tired of having to wash and dry it, especially as the weather starts getting colder.

Inquisitor on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/2009/sep/28/heavy-metal-music-us-army-iraq

Probably total shit, but apparently the top 3 artists for US soldiers stationed abroad are Eminem, Slayer and Metallica.

I like how the dude listing songs like Four Horsemen and Seek and Destroy doesn't mention One :P

Tav on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    My only complaint about the iphone is that the HDD is not accessible.

It's accessible so long as Apple says it's okay.

Or if you jailbreak it, then you can do whatever you want with it.

Sarksus on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Because life is change and my hair being in a constant flux of length represents that.

Alternatively because I was getting tired of having to wash and dry it, especially as the weather starts getting colder.

Ah, ok. The first bit is pretty much why I cut my hair too.

Passerbye on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I would read reviews for that device before you do anything. Devices that "do everything" usually have drawbacks.

well the idea is to build one to my exact specifications, but that is dammed close to exactly what i'd need.

Jokerman on
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    From David Jones' mouth -
    "Basically, you have to buy the client. It's a traditional game that you buy...We're not going the normal ‘you have to subscribe to play the game every month' route. What we haven't said is which route we are going, and in some respects we're still looking."

Which means the game won't cost $15 a month.

What it does mean is they will probably have micro-transactions (an easy thing to pull off in a game like this, you just sell clothes or car designs or whatever for real money) or they will go the expansion pack release model, like GuildWars uses

or have other locked content behind micro-transcations, like DDO is using now

which, in any case, would be optional things you could just ignore if you didn't want to buy them.

so whining about a monthly subscription fee like the game has to "justify" it can take a hike

but, i continue to maintain you are an unpleasable whiner and at this point i challenge you to prove me wrong
    I'm an unpleaseable whiner because I don't want to buy another game that does nothing new or original besides let me dress up my character, and am dissatisfied when the first video released of this apparently ground-breaking game is of how I can put tattoos on people? I'm perfectly happy with GTA4 and its multiplayer already, thanks.

Fine, then don't play it. We don't care anymore. People will play it and have fun.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2009

You'll awaken the beast.

Tav on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    High-five Passer!

Also whoa what, DDO is free to play now? That is intriguing!

Inquisitor on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/2009/sep/28/heavy-metal-music-us-army-iraq

Probably total shit, but apparently the top 3 artists for US soldiers stationed abroad are Eminem, Slayer and Metallica.

man we really have lowered our standards

Elendil on
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Ah, ok. The first bit is pretty much why I cut my hair too.

No one fawns over my long hair.

:(

Jokerman on
    edited October 2009

You'll awaken the beast.

I'm 19 hours over bedtime with a weak cup of coffee propping me up and a houseful of bed bugs to stare down should the need for sleep attempt to overcome me. The best does not scare me.

Passerbye on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarks you are terrible at drums. But the future Mrs Yami and I had fun, so it's okay.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited October 2009
    The drums are terrible.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2009
    Jokerman wrote: »

I just don't know you well enough, sorry. You should hang out in [chat] more often.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009
    I made up for it with my beautiful rendition of Don't Stop Believing, though.

Sarksus on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    From David Jones' mouth -
    "Basically, you have to buy the client. It's a traditional game that you buy...We're not going the normal ‘you have to subscribe to play the game every month' route. What we haven't said is which route we are going, and in some respects we're still looking."

Which means the game won't cost $15 a month.

What it does mean is they will probably have micro-transactions (an easy thing to pull off in a game like this, you just sell clothes or car designs or whatever for real money) or they will go the expansion pack release model, like GuildWars uses

or have other locked content behind micro-transcations, like DDO is using now

which, in any case, would be optional things you could just ignore if you didn't want to buy them.

so whining about a monthly subscription fee like the game has to "justify" it can take a hike

but, i continue to maintain you are an unpleasable whiner and at this point i challenge you to prove me wrong
    I'm an unpleaseable whiner because I don't want to buy another game that does nothing new or original besides let me dress up my character, and am dissatisfied when the first video released of this apparently ground-breaking game is of how I can put tattoos on people? I'm perfectly happy with GTA4 and its multiplayer already, thanks.

No, you're an unpleasable whiner because your entire reaction to this subject has been "this game sucks" and when every reason you give for that gets shot down by someone else, and you just make up a new one

What it ultimately boils down to is you like GTA4's multiplayer (why on Earth, I have no idea, that game is fucking terrible) and you don't see the point in getting a multiplayer game that has conceptual similarities. Even though there's a lot of differences between a MMORPG and playing multiplayer GTA4, you don't see that difference beyond "Well I'm playing with other people over the internet, aren't I?"

You bring up playing with your friends as if those are the only people you'd want to play with anyway, which to me says quite clearly that MMORPGs in general aren't for you. Which is fine, but then you just hate on MMORPGs entirely and APB isn't for you regardless of anything it does gameplay wise.

What, honestly, could this game have done to impress you? I posit nothing, because you are predisposed to hating a game that is similar enough to a game you already like so much so that you see no point in playing it.

Christ, if I had your attitude I would've never played Saint's Row and its sequel, and would've missed out on one of the best games to come out last year.

Having a sniveling, close-minded attitude towards games because they might be similar in some respects to games you already like is an easy way to miss out on fantastic games, man.

Games are to be enjoyed. They are not involved in some kind of titanic battle for your heart and mind, where all games of a similar genre or style must be compared to declare a victor that you want to spend your time on.

Jesus, it reminds me of Star Wars nerds who hate on Star Trek. You can like more than one thing in the same genre.

Pony on
    edited October 2009

I just don't know you well enough, sorry. You should hang out in [chat] more often.

Are you kiddin? Im in [chat] all the time!

:P

Jokerman on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

you're missing out.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited October 2009
    If I was gonna kill a dude I'd probably have Slayer blaring in the background.

Tav on
    edited October 2009

Well then develop telepathy so you can sense when I'm [chat]ting and can thus drag your pale ginger ass to the computer. :P

Passerbye on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    um

why are you guys still talking about this?

skippydumptruck on
    edited October 2009
    um

why are you guys still talking about this?

I am enjoying bludgeoning matt with my brain. I don't generally act like a pushy jerk towards people and it feels good to do it to people sometimes when they are being stupid and whiny.

Pony on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I had actually blocked that out. I can remember a dozen people singing it on TF2 voice chat, but yours was so terrible I blocked it out.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited October 2009

I had actually blocked that out. I can remember a dozen people singing it on TF2 voice chat, but yours was so terrible I blocked it out.

The game thought I was good.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2009
    And now more Mario & Luigi, because that game is so f'in good.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited October 2009
    Alright, time to get naked and soap up Dyr.

Then take pictures of Croatian folk dancers.

Sleep will come, someday. I hope.

Be good to each other, [chat]. <3

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009

Well then develop telepathy so you can sense when I'm [chat]ting and can thus drag your pale ginger ass to the computer. :P

I'm not that pale! look at my serious face!
    10319_514248486836_208501854_30937584_5247896_n.jpg
    n208501854_30666494_8176.jpg
    Ok, maybe i'm pale

Jokerman on
    edited October 2009
    If the four ever played together, I'd jizz myself.

Several times.

Tav on
    edited October 2009
    jokerman being sunburnt doesn't make you not pale

Pony on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If I was gonna kill a dude I'd probably have Slayer blaring in the background.

I'd probably go with something along these lines, and go for the old "insanity/refined classical music" stereotype

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1qAWcd4rr0

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I was away for a while.
    japan wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I'm psyched about building my own first computer and I will need extensive googling to get it together - that's how techsmart I am.
    It's really not that difficult.

The difficult part is ensuring you buy components that will slot together.

Beyond that, you just need to common sense to figure out why two parts aren't fitting together, instead of applying force until they do.

Okay, I figure it'll be a fun experience to build one for myself. :) I'm not really scared of breaking anything, I'll be gentle.

This is my list of parts so far if anyone's interested.

I basically decided on the i5 processor, then looked for a motherboard which had the correct socket. And I noticed that it also required DDR3 memory - whatever that is.

Basically just undecided about what video card and what RAM to buy, that's why there are two of each category there.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited October 2009
    woah, Kleiber's hand is hella slow in that performance

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had so many dreams

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009