As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EINHANDER MEMORIAL STATION

Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is loveRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Social Entropy++
Jesus Christ no one told anyone?

He lived in Eugene, but his house caught on fire so he moved out here to Idaho to stay with him mom (I knew him from when he lived out here a couple of years ago), then he bought a truck from a friend of mine and moved to Portland. He got a job but was couchsurfing with a friend of his until he could save up for an apartment. He was hit by some asshole drunk driver on his way home from work.

I helped his parents clean out the stuff he left at their house that he was going to come back for, and housesat for them when they went to the trial of the woman that hit him. It was fucked up.

angry_baby1.jpg

Einhander was pretty tops, so far as i recall

let's remember the dude
Anjin-San wrote: »
so, what did this cat do

what were his pleasures?

I met him a couple of years ago, we were room mates. He used to write a lot, he was into videogames, and he liked to bike the trails around town. He'd come home covered in dirt all the time from riding. He liked to sing, but he was terrible. He used to joke that he "sang like an amputee" because he couldn't hold a note or carry a tune. He was learning how to play the drums for a while, and he got to be ok, but decided he didn't want to do it anymore. He collected old books and would read all day sometimes if he wasn't doing anything else.

He refused to do dishes. He hated it. He'd do anything else around the house, but you could not get him to put a sponge to plate. He'd rather clean out the toilet.

I remember he got along well with pretty much everyone, and he was very charming. More of a people pleaser I guess. I think his biggest problem was that he was the nicest guy in the world, and he expected everyone else to be just as nice back.

I remember one time we had some people over and we were drinking and he decided he was going to make cookies with the George Forman grill. It didn't work out. He's the only guy I've ever met who was kicked out of an IHOP for being too loud. He was always cool about not playing music too loud or anything at the house, but he snored like a fucking chainsaw sometimes. He kept real weird hours. For a while he was working nights so I never knew when the hell he would be home.

He loved animals. We had a couple of cats at the house. He wanted to get a dog but the landlord wouldn't let us. He had a huge collection of Kung Fu movies. He was very private sometimes, he didn't like people going in his room or messing with his stuff. He'd loan you anything he had no problem, but if you screwed around with something of his without asking him he didn't like it. Although he always used to steal my shampoo, but it was cool because I always used to steal his shaving cream. He was the only person in the house who could get our old busted washing machine to work on a regular basis, and was pretty much the go to guy for broken stuff. He liked to sleep on the couch a lot, even though he had a decent bed.

He was the funniest person I have ever met. He was the best person to have at a party, and we'd always make sure and schedule stuff for his days off. He liked to mix drinks but I remember that they were always stiff. He would drink cheap Monarch vodka and chase it with Code Red. He always made a point to make sure everybody had a sober ride home or a blanket to crash at the house with before he passed out.

Basically, he was an all around ok guy. He was always kind of shy at first, but once you got to know him he was the nicest person there was. He had a lot of faults, but he knew them and didn't let them get in anyone's way. And the fact that of all the people on the planet, he gets killed by a drunk didn't and still doesn't make any sense to me.

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
Mr. Henry Bemis on

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah so Einhander died.

I really liked this guy.

Hope the bitch rots.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well that sucks.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    fuck

drunk

drivers

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Woah shit I remember that guy. Sad day. :(

SirToasty on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That is really awful

I enjoyed him

Swill on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Do you know what happened to the woman?

It was like her third DUI, so she's going up for a long time. I guess she cried and begged and apologized at the trial, but the judge wasn't having it because she fucking killed him.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am reading through his old threads right now.

Fuck.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    jesus

uh

do we have any other confirmation here?

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Do you know what happened to the woman?

It was like her third DUI, so she's going up for a long time. I guess she cried and begged and apologized at the trial, but the judge wasn't having it because she fucking killed him.
    Fuckin' right.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    To the moon.
    Godspeed, memorial thread, godspeed.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yeah this was surprising news

dang

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I dunno. The guy who helped cleaned out his room with his parents seems like a pretty reliable source.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    drunk driving should really be a one and done thing

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How long ago did this all happen?

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It kind of weirds me out thinking about other forumers who may have passed away, and no one realizing it.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    se++ paints its dick on things as a sign of respect

this einhander fella sounds only vaguely familiar but going by a drunk driver is so very awful. :(

i'm always so weirded out by these stories, because other than my grandfathers, nobody I knew has died. definitely nobody I knew personally from school or work. D:

Faricazy on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Veretas wrote: »
    I dunno. The guy who helped cleaned out his room with his parents seems like a pretty reliable source.

it's a reasonable question because for whatever reason, he could be lying

but I thought other people that know him had confirmed it, just not in this thread

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am torn between going downtown and drinking beer at a bar with nobody because my friends all ditched me and I think a drink would be pretty appropriate at this point, or do I go pick up some beers and get drunk on the internet because I have no comiserates to interact with except SE++

Regardless, I'm gonna be pouring some out for Einhander tonight.

He's a guy I remember from ages ago, he's been here for ages, made good posts, lived so close I always felt it kinda sucked we didn't get any real good chances to hang out. "Goddamnit" is about all I can say right now.

Edit: And I'll be walking, just so we're all clear, because I'm not an irresponsible cuntrag.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    damn

when did this happen? (is there any article posted up about this that anyone knows of?)

natek on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

He lived with forumers for a while in Eugene. I don't remember which ones off of the top of my head but I might be able to find their names somewhere.

I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't have mentioned it.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I liked Einhander. To be honest, I didn't have a big opinion of him either way, but he was likeable enough.

Also Bemis, think maybe you could put more into a memorial thread OP than just throwing a quote in?

That just seems really disrespectful, even for SE++.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    did he burn down his house like he threatened to in the thread or was it all different

Killjoy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm gonna go to bed because I have a bullshit teamwork class tomorrow. But we go rock climbing.

So I'm gonna climb to the top

For Einhander.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

this einhander fella sounds only vaguely familiar but going by a drunk driver is so very awful. :(

i'm always so weirded out by these stories, because other than my grandfathers, nobody I knew has died. definitely nobody I knew personally from school or work. D:

wow really? two members of my graduating class have died since high school, not to mention the couple of people at my high school who died while i was there. you are very lucky.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aw jeez this sucks :(

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    alot of people have dissapeared within the last year it seems.

Dsmart on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »

it's a reasonable question because for whatever reason, he could be lying

but I thought other people that know him had confirmed it, just not in this thread

For whatever reason you could be a dick. Forgive me if I don't have a scan of the police blotter or death certificate handy.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dude calm down. Let's not drama up a memorial thread.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gnight guys

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

wow really? two members of my graduating class have died since high school, not to mention the couple of people at my high school who died while i was there. you are very lucky.
    wait

shit

no

i take it back

one kid I knew died in HS, he was this tiny redhead. apparently he had serious heart problems. he was really active in the theater club, and several months before he died he helped direct a fucking amazing production of Tommy. He also played Tommy. It was damn near brilliant.

alas

:(

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Goodnight Veretas, sleep well.

SmokeStacks, just chill man, we've had other deaths, and even a few supposed deaths, over the years. We lost two forumers in 2008, so its kinda sore spot.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    usually drunk driving incidents get a small article in the paper, and most papers have websites
    asking for proof of something like this is not that big of a thing

natek on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

wait

shit

no

i take it back

one kid I knew died in HS, he was this tiny redhead. apparently he had serious heart problems. he was really active in the theater club, and several months before he died he helped direct a fucking amazing production of Tommy. He also played Tommy. It was damn near brilliant.

alas

There is nothing worse in this world than witnessing the death of a loved one first-hand. :cry:

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited October 2009
    I'll see if I can look anything up.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

3 guys in high school, 2 of which I knew, were arrested for first degree murder. They killed the father of another guy I knew. It was a really odd feeling hearing about that and seeing their mugshots on the news.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    There is nothing worse in this world than witnessing the death of a loved one first-hand. :cry:

in 22 years, nobody close to me has died

I am going to be a complete wreck when something eventually happens

natek on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    one guy i graduated with joined the police force but then he got fired when it turned out he molested his little cousin

i wonder if he'll show up to the reunion

satansfingers on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jesus. He always seemed like an alright guy.

Man, that's terrible. :(

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    also it seems like a lot of people got themselves banned for going insane this year. leli, arod, potu etc etc

Dsmart on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    natek wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »

in 22 years, nobody close to me has died

I am going to be a complete wreck when something eventually happens

yeah

you will

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png