Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mini-Phalla] Blackout--Game Over! Mafia Victory

1235713

Posts

  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Yeah today seems pretty dry on shenanigans.

    peachip4sig.png
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    reserve

    there's your shenanigans

  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Quick 5 minutes to contact me if you are evil.

    Epic Reveal:
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Vote Closed.

    Slightly less than happy host.

    Narration incoming soonish

    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Don't say that, you might be a special instead.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User
    edited October 2009
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.

    Spoiler:
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Vote Closed.

    Slightly less than happy host.

    Narration incoming soonish

    how soonish? cause I am tiredish waiting to see if I diedish and I need my sleepish.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    Ideas for a phalla:

    everyone is vote immune except for Kime.....

  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    I am Spartacus.

    PSN: the-K-flash
  • dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    Ideas for a phalla:

    everyone is vote immune except for Kime.....

    :^:

  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Obligatory: If I die it was probably aznman because he wanted to grudge me :D

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    Ideas for a phalla:

    everyone is vote immune except for Kime.....

    :^:

    But it'd be such a wasted mechanic (until day two)! We wouldn't want that :P!

    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    Ideas for a phalla:

    everyone is vote immune except for Kime.....

    :^:

    But it'd be such a wasted mechanic (until day two)! We wouldn't want that :P!

    once you die, everyone wins except you and the game is over.

  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    Ideas for a phalla:

    everyone is vote immune except for Kime.....

    :^:

    But it'd be such a wasted mechanic (until day two)! We wouldn't want that :P!

    once you die, everyone wins except you and the game is over.

    This game needs to be made...now

    peachip4sig.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Whack-A-Mole Phalla.

    Find the non-vote immune player.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    Ideas for a phalla:

    everyone is vote immune except for Dac Vin.....

    Another possibility.

  • dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    Whack-A-Mole Phalla.

    Find the non-vote immune player.

    Alternatively Whack-A-Mole Phalla. The Rage of Dac Vin

  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Aww nobody finished the song.

    Edit: Though I probably had a different song in my head than what Darius posted.

    I was just doing the background vocals for your song.

    Also, TAG! The part of Darius will now be played by Daius. Thank you for your support.

  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    Ideas for a phalla:

    everyone is vote immune except for Dac Vin.....

    Another possibility.

    Seems like a good way to set Dac on murderous rampage.

    peachip4sig.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fatal3RR0R wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm actually vote immune. This is going to be hilarious.
    You too??

    Ideas for a phalla:

    everyone is vote immune except for Dac Vin.....

    Another possibility.

    Seems like a good way to set Dac on murderous rampage.

    I think he already quit for a while or something.

  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How about Nowish::

    blacknar1.jpg

    VH and Burn, this is your warning for lack of orders. Don't let this happen again. Please.

    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd like to take this chance to remind the person who targeted darius (aka, the vig) and the person who targeted arivia (aka, the seer) to NOT REVEAL

    DO NOT REVEAL

    THE GUARD IF THERE IS A GUARD WILL NOT KNOW THAT HE IS A GUARD SO YOU WILL HAVE NO GUARUNTEE OF SURVIVAL.

    SO DON'T REVEAL

    DON'T

    REVEAL

  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User
    edited October 2009
    OoOoOOoO
    terrible
    OoOooOo

    Spoiler:
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmmm, two mafia kills. That's a bit disconcerting.

  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dunadumb, I was just about to post.

    So, the guard is among the villagers. There are no bus drivers because we are only required to send in one target.

    The vig knows who they are, and the seer knows who they are, potentially. There's a chance for overlap. Everyone else is wondering if they are vanilla or the guard.

    The vig(s) can call their target tonight, hopefully there is no overlap and we'll know who it is. The only one else who will call a kill are overlapped villagers, so they won't be exposing anything.

    All non-mafia who are not the vig or seer now target the outed vig, either doing nothing or guarding him.

    Seer doesn't need to contact anyone, but they can prove themselves to the vig the next night to make a network so at least the vig doesn't vig them.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    One of us could be a nullifier, which would present a problem.

    It seems like specials should only reveal to the person who seered as good the previous night, which presents us a bit of a quandary with arivia dead.

  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A nullifier is either a mafia role, or a village role when the mafia have individual powers.

    I highly doubt the latter is the case here.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    A nullifier is either a mafia role, or a village role when the mafia have individual powers.

    I highly doubt the latter is the case here.

    Or it could be a role to spike our punch a bit since we don't know who we are. We also don't know how the mafia kills are allocated.

    Anyways, there's a chance that people doubled up on darius and arivia, so there may be multiple people thinking they are the seer or vig. The chances of them hitting the same target two nights in a row should be much slimmer, so they should know tonight.

  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    But it's only a duplication of effort if you trust the spreadsheeter. I've seen them rig the things before (though it's quite rare, I will admit). So you as an individual, if not networked, would want to keep your own anyway, if you use them, just to make sure. And if you've got one, you might as well share. Of course, if the spreadsheeter is confirmed to be on your team, you can let him do what he will, and then you only have to trust that he's accurate.

    What? When? Where?!

    The whole point in being a spreadsheeter is to not lie, even when you're mafia because it destroys your entire credibility!

    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    A nullifier is either a mafia role, or a village role when the mafia have individual powers.

    I highly doubt the latter is the case here.

    Or it could be a role to spike our punch a bit since we don't know who we are. We also don't know how the mafia kills are allocated.

    Anyways, there's a chance that people doubled up on darius and arivia, so there may be multiple people thinking they are the seer or vig. The chances of them hitting the same target two nights in a row should be much slimmer, so they should know tonight.

    Which is my point about why they should call it tonight.

    There's no reason to put a village nullifier in when the mafia has full power while the village is hampered by the mechanics.

    We don't want to dick around and allow the mafia to pick off our vig, or have the vig off the seer, etc. Unless there were actual kills blocked or overlapped, we probably have one of each of the basic roles.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Alrighty. Spreadsheet updated to Infidel's post #193.

    I believe we're all technically tied for first and last place right now. =P

    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Alrighty. Spreadsheet updated to Infidel's post #193.

    I believe we're all technically tied for first and last place right now. =P

    Well we know how to fix that!

    !ee... ehhhhh naw just kidding.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Alrighty. Spreadsheet updated to Infidel's post #193.

    I believe we're all technically tied for first and last place right now. =P

    Oh god, we're all tied?

    Jumping jacks now people. We don't want to freeze to death.
    Spoiler:

  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    A nullifier is either a mafia role, or a village role when the mafia have individual powers.

    I highly doubt the latter is the case here.

    Or it could be a role to spike our punch a bit since we don't know who we are. We also don't know how the mafia kills are allocated.

    Anyways, there's a chance that people doubled up on darius and arivia, so there may be multiple people thinking they are the seer or vig. The chances of them hitting the same target two nights in a row should be much slimmer, so they should know tonight.

    Which is my point about why they should call it tonight.

    There's no reason to put a village nullifier in when the mafia has full power while the village is hampered by the mechanics.

    We don't want to dick around and allow the mafia to pick off our vig, or have the vig off the seer, etc. Unless there were actual kills blocked or overlapped, we probably have one of each of the basic roles.

    I'm not sure I agree about calling the kill, though. It would be one thing if the vig could contact Arivia and have a mouthpiece that had already been proven good to call the kill. But we don't know for sure that there is a guard, and even if there is, the guard probably doesn't know that they are one. Unless you think you can get every single villager to target the vig on night three in the hope that they can protect him/her, I think that calling a kill will simply lead to a dead vig sooner rather than later.

    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If everyone else is a villager/guard, not only do we want any guards on the vig but we also don't want them randomly on mafia that the vig is trying to take out correctly.

    Calling the kill addresses both of those as well as being able for the seer to confirm themselves to someone. This keeps the village kill and seering (good as a kill) in the game the longest, comparing the odds of leaving everything to pure chance to trusting that the guard won't be inactive.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fair point. I'm still a little skeptical that it will end well, given the rate of villager inactivity of late, but it's probably the best chance we have.

    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User
    edited October 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    A nullifier is either a mafia role, or a village role when the mafia have individual powers.

    I highly doubt the latter is the case here.

    Or it could be a role to spike our punch a bit since we don't know who we are. We also don't know how the mafia kills are allocated.

    Anyways, there's a chance that people doubled up on darius and arivia, so there may be multiple people thinking they are the seer or vig. The chances of them hitting the same target two nights in a row should be much slimmer, so they should know tonight.

    Which is my point about why they should call it tonight.

    There's no reason to put a village nullifier in when the mafia has full power while the village is hampered by the mechanics.

    We don't want to dick around and allow the mafia to pick off our vig, or have the vig off the seer, etc. Unless there were actual kills blocked or overlapped, we probably have one of each of the basic roles.

    I'm not sure I agree about calling the kill, though. It would be one thing if the vig could contact Arivia and have a mouthpiece that had already been proven good to call the kill. But we don't know for sure that there is a guard, and even if there is, the guard probably doesn't know that they are one. Unless you think you can get every single villager to target the vig on night three in the hope that they can protect him/her, I think that calling a kill will simply lead to a dead vig sooner rather than later.

    I think a better plan would be to wait for a confirmed seer target. The vig/seer etc can use that person to get in touch and then if for some reason we do not have a guard(or the guard is terrible) we only risk a villager.

    Downside is an extra uncoordinated day.

  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How does a villager verify a vig and seer?

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
This discussion has been closed.