As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Paranoia IC] System Crash...

2»

• BandorrBandorr Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    We are assigned a job from friend computer and you want to delay that with personal time? As team leader I can not allow that. Now everyone follow me to the plc office and when we get to the rd facility don't touch anything

Bandorr on
    edited October 2009
    Addendum to my speech.
    You may pay your fees after everyone has collected. Their things. While you all pay, anyone that does not have to pay will come down to RD Inspect and guard the cargo

Bandorr on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, allow me to rephrase that Bandorr, you cant modify posts *before* my last GM update (#40), that's all canon, multicorder recorded, etc...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Ah, excellent choice team leader. Now then shall we get moving? I'm sure the Computer would not approve of us just standing around here talking!"

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "I also agree, Team Leader- We have an assignment that Friend Computer has asked us to perform. Let's get to it without delay!"

El Skid on
  • PygmalionPygmalion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Oh, I have been remiss. We will be more careful in the future. I can only hope that my example will be a means of teaching others."

Manuel carefully records the mission briefing for later editing and then tapes himself nodding solemnly with an determined expression as the Team Leader's pronouncement plays faintly in the background. As he walks along with the group, he chooses appropriate theme music from the non-forbidden list to accompany the mission.

Pygmalion on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nathan simply follows the rest of the group, fiddling through his pack.

"Just making sure I brought everything. Friend Computer always directs double-checking!"

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Rice put his book away after scribbling a few more notes and follows along, his smile not budging from his face. Happy happy happy!

El Skid on
    edited October 2009
    Not only is the PLC guy being penalized by the same people he works for, but he isn't even reading to leave? Even though i am the team leader i will give due credit and have everyone following the PLC guy since we are going to the PLC outfitting office.

Bandorr on
    edited October 2009
    Manuel never really understands what the Team Leader says, but cheerfully records it in the hopes of being able to degarble it later. He then remembers that degarbling is treason.

"Shall we go! There's a mission to do, carrying of packages and so forth!"

Pointing his recorder and trying to give everybody but the Team Leader equal time, he follows the group to wherever it is they're going.

Pygmalion on
    edited October 2009
    Ok you all go on ill be right there im just gonna program this bot over in the corner to clean up in this room - it's filthy. I figured the hygiene officer would have pointed it out but i guess it's up to the team leader after all to point out the problems that need fixing

/Bot Programming action skill goes here.

Bandorr on
    edited October 2009
    Manuel arches an eyebrow and focuses his camera on the bot. "Yes, heroic team leader, do that thing!"

Pygmalion on
    edited October 2009
    Ugh, Sorry for not updating on Friday, but I got a big post coming up by Sunday.
    I had a headache that Im sure could have dropped a horse and I had to drive 30miles in NYC traffic (not fun even w/o the headache).

For those of you wondering about me naming NYC one week and LA the next, I travel for my job a lot...

anyways, some of you are a bit confused about what you are supposed to do in this game. Dont worry, I am doling out the information gradually so you can get used to certain fundamentals without me just posting the whole friggin book. (doable, but counter to what this game is about, and illegal in US)

POST UPDATE and MDB roles:
    Sorry about the pics, I took these the night before I flew out to NYC, but they should be readable.
    Also, LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR CHARACTER SHEET ON MYTH-WEAVERS! It has your skills and data, and it may give you ideas of what to do.

Equipment:
    The PDC series 1300 is just like a cellphone
    PDCpg1.jpg
    PDCpg2.jpg

The Equipment Guy Toolkit:
    You have a tool box with any and every kind of hand tool you'll need for your job (whether you know how to use em is your problem)

C&R Officer Equipment:
    Comm Unit: acts *just* like a PDC, except it is shielded from EMP, Radiation and pretty much anything else that fries electronics that are emitted by waves. Bullets and lasers are another matter...

Multicorder: Pyg/Manuel is loaded out with a Multicorder Mk1. Besides acting as a camcorder, it can only run one of the following programs at a time:
    Bot damage analysis: Runs a series of tests designed to determine the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction to a number of bot types. DOES NOT indicate alterations to programming or Frankenstein's (rogue bots)

GPS: Stores and displays a variety of maps of Alpha Complex. When running, the operator must input current position; thereafter, the unit will display the map on request with current position, route and identifiable features.

Disease analysis: Analyses tissue and blood samples for foreign bacteria, viruses and so on, and well as chemical imbalances, genetic disorders and so forth.

Editing: The C&R Officer can use the multicorder to revise and arrange the mission's video recordings into an aesthetically pleasing whole. Altering records to distort or falsify the truth is, of course, treasonous.

Infrared: Displays a variety of processed infrared images in various degrees of magnification with overlays interpreting temperature levels. Hot areas are brighter, cold areas are darker. Mk1 has a range of 100meters.

Lie Detector: Uses electrodes attached to the subject. Interprets the subject's spoken and biochemical respones to a series of questions, indicating true, false, or amibiguous statements. Partly reliable.

Recorder: May operate like a sound or video recorder and can also record data, images and interpretations from any other program.

Self-destruct: Will wipe all currently loaded or recorded programs. Hardware is undamaged, but will require a reinstall to use again.

Hygiene Officer Equipment:
    The Skin Core Sampler-6 is used to determine if a troubleshooter is below minimum cleanliness standards.
    Wrap the leather band around a body part and set the depth meter between 6 and 100. wait a few seconds and an analysis will print out.

If the troubleshooter fails the test, you may call in a CCBot or administer an experimental Clean-It-Up pill.

Loyalty Officer Equipment
    ILTR-1: An Indestructible Loyalty Transcripts Recorder. Basically a Notebook that is indestructible... can only be opened by the loyalty officer.

Happiness Officer Equipment

Pills: The Happiness Officer is supplied with many pills to help adjust teammate's behaviors back to a happy state of mind.

Here is a bit more of an indepth on your bonus duties. Bonus duties basically allow you to power-trip and lord over the team in certain ways. Think outside the box! Think like McGuyver in a cartoon show! Can of Bouncy Bubbly Beverage? Turn it into a claymore. Want to get an edge in the inevitable double-cross? Ask for a weapons check and sabotage a laser barrel. Give me an idea you want to try, and if it is *really* out there, Ill bring it back to an acceptable reality level. Your given an ability to tell your teammates what to do, on the surface, its benign, but you can switch pills, sabotage equipment, order members into lines of fire. Remember if they refuse you, its treason.

As for Mandatory Bonus Duties, here is a summary of each:
    MDBdescriptionspg2.jpg
    MDBdescriptions.jpg

RULES UPDATE!!
    Since there is not much talking between players (probably due to my 1 player to player post limit) I've decided to recind that part of the rules. Let the double-dealing fly!

Just remember to keep putting the current post # in each title so that they can be done in order. Also, when you send a message to a player, send one to me as well (the forums allow you to forward PMs up to 8 people at once, so you dont need to worry about writing a message twice)

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited October 2009
    Everyone salutes Dirk-Y-UCD and prepares to leave for the UCD PLC office. Kyle-R and Nathan-R shake hands and talk about the glory days back in the decantation creches. Obviously they havent seen each other in ages and it's good to catch up with old friends. Manuel-R and Where-R stay back in the room for a few more minutes and work on a cleaning bot. Manuel-R mostly just watches over Where-R with the camcorder, leaving everyone else unwatched except by the ever-present surveillance of Alpha Complex...

Along the way, Manuel-R's PDC chimes with a ringtone singing, "Money Money~ Yah!~"

Bandorr has sent in a Secret Action
    Pygmalion has sent in a Secret Action
    Kuhlmeye has sent a message to Gandalf_the_Crazed

Make your way to the PLC outfitting post. Along the way, try to break away from the team to recieve orders from your Secret societies and Service groups. Everybody knows about it, but still, come up with a way to do it.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited October 2009
    "Please try to stay in camera," sighed Manuel. "I don't want to have to do another take with you people."

Pygmalion on
    edited October 2009
    Not sure why you'd record someone programming a bot to do the job of someone else but whatever. You know that camera looks a little dirty like you got something on the lense or something?You can't see well if the lense is dirty you know? I wonder why this bot wasn't in use anyways? i saw some corrupt programming but nothing too bad. Maybe you should have your camera analyze it?

As i step out of the room i say that keeping your equipment in shape is an important part of the job but you can't be too late. I assume you know where the PLC office is? Then i step back and yell oh right maybe you can have the bot clean the camera. They do a great job at that i have one in the lab cleaning my stuff.

I then walk off down to the lab wondering how my experiments are going at my lab. Maybe the hygiene officer will be interesting in trying out this new gum-like substance that when you chew it cleans all the gunk off your teeth and then disintegrates leaving behind a fruity taste.

Bandorr on
    edited October 2009
    *while walking down the hallway to the PLC he ponders where everyone has gone. Did someone from R&D teleport me to another dimension again? I hate when they do that. Oh well i guess i will have to keep walking around until i see someone*.

Bandorr on
    edited October 2009
    Other dimensions are treason.

Pygmalion on
    edited October 2009
    Kuhlmeye has sent a message to Gandalf_the_Crazed

Umm? I never received this, was it intercepted?

"Team Leader, sir! It seems one of the side effects of memory reform, of the sort which I was recently ordered to perform upon myself, is a highly sensitive bladder! Permission to enter the nearest lavatory to avoid damaging Friend Computer's lovingly bestowed regulation clothing?"

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Permission given. Go take care of what you need to, then head to PLC. If we aren't there when we get there head directly to R&D. Although i will tell you this.. the last one to R&D has to try my newest experiment. So I'd go fast..

Bandorr on
    edited October 2009
    "Should I take a visual record, Team Leader?" says Manuel. "Trust is suspicion, after all."

Pygmalion on
    edited October 2009
    Illustrious Team Leader- I must also leave for a moment so that I can make sure I have enough credits to pay my fine. May I go get the funds and meet you at PLC?

...Also, why would you insinuate your newest experiment would be undesirable? Surely you should be REWARDING the first person to get to PLC with the amazing opportunity to use your wonderful new invention, because you've done a thorough job with the experiment and are not responsible for any collateral damage should anything go wrong with it...

El Skid on
    edited October 2009
    Well yes it was designed so well but there is say... 1 in 1000 that the device will overheat and explode most likely. But I can come up with a compromise.

First one there, not counting me gets to use the device on the last one there. Two birds 1 stone. And yes all you people do what is needed before you get to RD I don't want this mission interrupted once it starts.

Since I have nothing to do, no penalty to pay, and know the best route to RD. I'll get there first and wait for everyone to arrive.

*** arrives at plc to get his stuff and goes toward rd

Bandorr on
    edited October 2009
    *heads off to the not-at-all-suspicious-or-treasonous bathroom*

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited October 2009
    *heads off to "find credits"*

El Skid on
    edited October 2009
    "I'll go with you, Team Leader! I think we should have a record of the first entrance to R&D on the mission! Yes, yes." Manuel says, as he follows along, continually recording.

Pygmalion on
    edited October 2009
    Since you have to pay the credits at the PLC how about you record the teams first penalty this mission from the computer. You can then come to the R&D and record the first use of.. well the name is a secret but it will be the first use of the device. That reminds me.. ill need to program those bots for EXTRA cleaning there is a very good chance that someone will lose at least ONE body part.. and cleaning up blood and gore is hard.

I wonder where my pen has BEN. It is so hard to find infact i would say it's NOTORIUS for getting lost.

Bandorr on
    edited October 2009
    Gah! Im sorry guys... there were *way* more problems to running this game than I thought there would be via PbP, and I was completely unprepared for them... its all easy to do when your sitting around at the house with everybody, but the PM boxes are just a little underpowered for what we need. I may just have to relegate this to a VOIP or chatroom, but Ill be working on this for a couple of weeks... Coin toss! Reactor meltdown or Computer shows its affection with a high intensity laser 'light show'

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited October 2009
    Nooooooooooooo

Thanks for giving it a try, BEN. It was fun while it lasted. :(

El Skid on
    edited October 2009
    Again, my sincerest apologies... If I can get this thing figured out, you guys are at the top of the list for draft picks.

but as an act of contrition, I submit myself to the "Public Corrections Arena" (read: Public Hatings) for the remainder of the day...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited October 2009
    Awwww. :-(

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sad to hear it! No worries though!

kuhlmeye on