As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Blackout--Game Over! Mafia Victory

• fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What are the chances that someone is a Bus Driver from their vote target to their PM'd name or some inane shit like that?

fadingathedges on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    Jobastion wrote: »
    I received Demon's Souls today, and lost track of time with that :P

Oh yes, good game, isn't it?

I like it so far. I've got the chinese version (basically means no manual and the translation isn't identical to the US version in game) so I'm a little bit in the dark - but it's pretty great. Pleasure and pain and whatnot.

ANYHOW. This is bad. Yellow means Kime was a special?

What are the chances that the mafia has found each other if they started without a network?

UUuuusually Yellow's Neutral.

!Jobastion for placeholder for not reading the OP very well. Yellow was on the vigilante line of the example, so it's pretty clearly special.

(Just to be clear, this is just a placeholder vote for now)

And yet, the Seer line is green. Is he/she not special?

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What are the chances that someone is a Bus Driver from their vote target to their PM'd name or some inane shit like that?

OP wrote:
    This is a simple, basic game. There are no mechanical surprises as far as roles are concerned. However, there is one small detail that is different from normal, and is incredibly important.

garroad_ran on
    edited October 2009
    Right.

Just trying to figure.

fadingathedges on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i have a question for the seer...

presumably you are in contact with (or were in contact) with burnage, being that he was confirmed. if you had sent a seering on duna, why did you not pm burn and ask him to move the bandwagon off duna? i only ask because it seems like you could have at least prevented the foreseeable... ie the vote killing your seering target.

in the future, please be more attentive.

thank you for your continued help,

psolms.

psolms on
    edited October 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    For everyone's reference, Ahava is laughing maniacally in the IRC again.

Shenanigans, hooray

I'm willing to bet that answers your concerns psolms. The seer was under the impression he/she had changed his/her target, and forgotten about the "I will only accept the first order you send me" bit

garroad_ran on
    edited October 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    For everyone's reference, Ahava is laughing maniacally in the IRC again.

Shenanigans, hooray

I'm willing to bet that answers your concerns psolms. The seer was under the impression he/she had changed his/her target, and forgotten about the "I will only accept the first order you send me" bit

ahava doesnt like us very much, does she?

to be laughing at the seers reading comp fail...

psolms on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I love you children very much.

So much, that there are only so many things I can do, before I must laugh.

lonelyahava on
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay. Based on a simple points system of "Stuff I think is suspicious", the following people have accumulated the most points/done the most stuff that I think is suspicious:

Fatal3RROR
    iamtheaznman

Followed by:

kuhlmeye
    Osvik
    Zandracon

These things include, but are not limited to:
    * Not contacting Burnage
    * Hopping on the bandwagon a bit late
    * Posts that seem to indicate activity, but upon closer examination are just "vote + throwaway comment"
    * Lack of analysis to help the village

I'm going for Fatal3RROR for the vote, and someone else for the kill. Um. Won't be much of a surprise, I think. :P

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    God. Damn.

God damn.

Burnage on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay. Based on a simple points system of "Stuff I think is suspicious", the following people have accumulated the most points/done the most stuff that I think is suspicious:

Fatal3RROR
    iamtheaznman

Followed by:

kuhlmeye
    Osvik
    Zandracon

* Not contacting Burnage
    * Posts that seem to indicate activity, but upon closer examination are just "vote + throwaway comment"

I'm going for Fatal3RROR for the vote, and someone else for the kill. Um. Won't be much of a surprise, I think. :P

Sounds reasonable to me. !Fatal3rror.

Savant on
    edited October 2009
    Fatal3rror for now.

Maybe the seer is mafia?
    Probably not.

fadingathedges on
    edited October 2009
    * Not contacting Burnage

I'd like to point out that I am guilty of all four charges as well :P

I don't know how I missed that we had a living seer'd confirmed villager - I was of the mindset that all of our seer'd were dead by the time we knew.

fadingathedges on
    edited October 2009
    Fatal3RR0R it is.

Although it's probably worth pointing out that due to the nature of this game, mafia members would probably have had a lot less reservations about contacting Burnage.

garroad_ran on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sadly, I likely won't be around before vote close, so I'm putting a vote on iamtheaznman.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just remember to send me your orders, childrens.

I get very sad when nobody has talked to me.

lonelyahava on
    edited October 2009
    Just remember to send me your orders, childrens.

I get very sad when nobody has talked to me.

Dawww... she's lonely.

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    edited October 2009
    It's because she's always laughing at us!

garroad_ran on
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Fatal it is. I'm not sure why I'm higher on suspicion then Kuhl, Osvik or Zandracon.

Zand said absolutely nothing yesterday except for his vote on Dunadan.
    Kuhl voted for fadingathedges based on personal suspicions without sharing his suspicions.
    Osvik voted for Savant with no reasoning.

I think the only thing I'm guilty of is hopping on the bandwagon a bit late and the only reason that was the case was because I was in class during the time of the wagon forming. In any case, we should try to have a good discussion of a second place so that we can have a bit of vote analysis for tomorrow. We have 14 people left, with 5 deaths flying about we will only have 9 tomorrow. If we don't hit a mafia member/the serial killer tonight (assuming 3 mafia/1 SK) we will probably lose, since even if we are 100% accurate and hit a mafia/sk with both the vote and vig, we will have 4 on the last day, with 2 villagers, 2 evils (with two kills), so the best we could hope then is a tie with another day of 100% accuracy.

iamtheaznman on
    edited October 2009
    Mmm... I keep blacking out here, and dreaming that I'm at a party. It's much more exciting than this place. And without any decent anything, I'm going to go with the FatalError vote too.
    I'd like to have a good discussion of second place, but I've got fuckall to talk about.

A random conversation we might be having in this world:
    Hey, how you doing?
    Hungry, but at least it's easy to sleep with all the lights out.
    See anything last night.
    No. Some jackass is bogarting the lighter, and only flicks it on when someone screams in agony, just to see who died.
    Damnit.

Jobastion on
    edited October 2009
    im positive i dont like this 'follow the vig' mentality that this group seems to have.

however, the people you listed are on my radar as well.

fatalerror

psolms on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Zandracon on
    edited October 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    im positive i dont like this 'follow the vig' mentality that this group seems to have.

however, the people you listed are on my radar as well.

fatalerror

Got a better suggestion? (I sure don't)

garroad_ran on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Fatal

Because of this post.
    Fatal3RR0R wrote: »
    Well that was terrible.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Fatal3RROR
    iamtheaznman

Followed by:

kuhlmeye
    Osvik
    Zandracon

* Not contacting Burnage

Only thing I have to say in my defense is that I'm in process of moving and therefore haven't had a chance to be very active. It's been taking longer then I expected.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Fatal3RR0R wrote: »

Fatal3RROR
    iamtheaznman

Followed by:

kuhlmeye
    Osvik
    Zandracon

* Not contacting Burnage

Only thing I have to say in my defense is that I'm in process of moving and therefore haven't had a chance to be very active. It's been taking longer then I expected.

Well, ya got about 5 minutes to change our minds, and our hearts.
    Go GO GO!
    :)

Jobastion on
    edited October 2009
    Vote Closed loves.

Narration soonish.

lonelyahava on
    edited October 2009
    Okay.

So, just a quick list that I've made from today's stuff:

Suspected to be mafia:

psolms

Give 50/50:

Osvik
    Zandracon

Maybe mafia if all else is exhausted:

kuhlmeye
    garroad_ran
    Savant

ecco the dolphin on
    edited October 2009
    blacknar4.jpg

lonelyahava on
    edited October 2009
    iamtheaznman

Nice aim eeccooooooooooooo

garroad_ran on
    edited October 2009
    ooOooOooOOoOoOOOoo

It's dark... darker than... usual...

Why...?

oOooOooOOOoooOOoOo

ecco the dolphin on
    edited October 2009
    Well, that makes things simple for tonight. !iamtheaznman.

Savant on
  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OooOooOOOoooOOoOo

Damn you RL!

OooOooOOOoooOOoOo

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    iamtheaznman is the obvious vote.

whoo yay we found two in one night

kiss kiss kiss

simonwolf on
    edited October 2009
    Also, looking back fatal3rror and aznman both voted for dunadan over me in the bandwagon a couple days back. So I imagine there's a decent chance one of the mafia (if there is just one left after aznman) voted for me that night.

Edit: or they could have voted for someone else randomly, I notice kuhlmeye voted for fading.

Savant on
    edited October 2009
    Savant, you realize that implicates that you're mafia and they were trying to save you, right?

garroad_ran on
    edited October 2009
    Well, if I was a mafia that could be the case, yes. Wasn't there a bit of space between the bandwagons though, enough that they wouldn't have needed to stick their necks out to save me?

Savant on
    edited October 2009
    I don't know, to be honest. I kind of remember it being neck and neck. I'd have to go back and tally it up again.

Either way, I'm still buying into the unmasoned mafia theory, so I doubt they would have or could have banded together to save anyone.

garroad_ran on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    aznmaaan

Zandracon on
    edited October 2009
    I don't know, to be honest. I kind of remember it being neck and neck. I'd have to go back and tally it up again.

Either way, I'm still buying into the unmasoned mafia theory, so I doubt they would have or could have banded together to save anyone.

Well, I thought the theory was that the reason they only had 2 kills night one is because one of them targeted another mafia, leading them to hook up.

Also, in retrospect I could imagine them all hopping on the dunadan bandwagon to try to cast suspicion my way and make it look like I was getting rescued if any of them died along the way. So those vote records might not be the most useful.

Savant on
This discussion has been closed.