As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer 40,000: Angels, Bugs, & Power-armored Hugs

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    D'awww

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Matrias : If you downgrade to the battle group leader, you lose an attack... but you can get outflank! Eh, eh! But no belt.

Also, the idea of riding with cav is pretty good, but I'd much rather have the IC do the beating and run with a full wolf pack of ablative wounds.

Counterspin on
  • paintvagrantpaintvagrant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

All the xcom games are on steam for $15 as well. Just started another landing and everyone got off the ramp fine, then a shot from fucking no where just missing about six guys in front and blows Ein's head off. I reloaded because that shit just does not fly.

Also someone needs to make a 40k mod for this.

5, not 15!

paintvagrant on
    pvbanner.jpg
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man I totally want to do a cool battle report next time i play. With pictures and whatnot.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    edited October 2009
    Off Topic:

Which X-Com game do I play? I have all of them now:

X-com: Apocalypse, Enforcer, Interceptor, Terror from the Deep and UFO Defense?

back on topic.

If a model has base 4 attacks, then adds a wolf mount, then adds wulfen, does he get D6+1 +5 attacks?

altmann on

signature.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This just in, Gabriel Pitt is fucking Immortal. He got shot, went unconscious, then it told me he bleed out and died, but now he's sitting in sickbay wounded.
    Death is for those who lack the tenacity to keep breathing.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Matrias : If you downgrade to the battle group leader, you lose an attack... but you can get outflank! Eh, eh! But no belt.

Also, the idea of riding with cav is pretty good, but I'd much rather have the IC do the beating and run with a full wolf pack of ablative wounds.

No you can't, not with a thunderwolf.

Saga of the Hunter is infantry only.
    altmann wrote: »
    back on topic.

If a model has base 4 attacks, then adds a wolf mount, then adds wulfen, does he get D6+1 +5 attacks?
    He'd have D6 + 2 attacks. 1 + D6 is what he replaces his base attacks with to get the MoTW. You'd get another +1 for the wolf.

Mark of the Wulfen on a TW rider is worthless. A Wolf Lord on TWM is going to get 7 rending attacks on the charge anyways.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Off Topic:

Which X-Com game do I play? I have all of them now:

X-com: Apocalypse, Enforcer, Interceptor, Terror from the Deep and UFO Defense?

back on topic.

Delete all but UFO Defense. Enforcer and Interceptors are atrocities, Apocalypse was an interesting failure and Terror from the Deep is UFO defense with a different tileset. No, it's not Cthulhu and yes, it should have been.

...So, that 40k is totally on topic. I figured out today that one Imperial Bastion has enough heavy bolters and weird optics to outfit a squadron of Leman Russ tanks and leave a bunker behind. I think I know the next phase in operation: Lord Russ.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tim,

I have 3 of those sentinels if you still want em pm me your 20 so I can get them inbound.

alqadim on
    edited October 2009
    Remind me never to follow a GW Space wolf painting tutorial ever again.

I think my concurrent model painting count limit is 5. 5 guys at a time and I don't get bored, steps can be done within 30 minutes. Any more and it becomes a chore.

altmann on

signature.png
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hm... Might have just picked up a Chimera and forgeworld Manticore for $50 total. Not too shabby.

TheBog on
    edited October 2009
    NEVER GO ON FORGEWORLD. ONLY PAIN LIES THAT WAY.

(fuck I want a thunderhawk)

altmann on

signature.png
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    nice. im scoring a tau battleforce minus 2 fire warriors for $30 (prolly tomorrow). im pretty happy about that. Now to get my girlfriend some more sisters :)

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • JerickJerick Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Woot, Just snagged:
    1 Kasrkin Squad
    1 Box of Grey Knights
    1 Box of GK Termis + 2 Blisters
    1 Land Raider w/ FW Doors and brass etching
    1 GK FW Dreadnought
    1 Nid Battleforce
    and the Nid half of Battle for Macragge

For 150 bucks. *flex*

Jerick on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

This man speaks the truth.

<-- Goes back to assembling Elysians...

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Matrias: Well, I'll be damned. Saga of the Hunter is indeed infantry only. Very sad.

Counterspin on
    edited October 2009
    The only units I see that can take saga of the hunter are the wolf priest and WG Battle leader.

altmann on

signature.png
    edited October 2009
    Wait.. what's wrong with forgeworld now?.. Other than it's very very expensive.. and I think I got around that already.

TheBog on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Some people find their wallets mysteriously emptied. Others stay conscious through the experience.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

This man speaks the truth.

Why yes he does. What I spent on Forge World just THIS year is about on par with what some people pay for cars.

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    This battle report is just too awesome.

I love the idea of every time you drink a beer, you place the bottle on the table * rule.

* Bottles are impassable terrain which blocks line of sight and cannot be destroyed.

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
    edited October 2009
    thebog be careful of that alqadim asshole you are contemplating that purchase with ;)

alqadim on
    edited October 2009
    Hah!.. True. I'll keep my eye out for him. He looks like a sneaky bastard.

<edit> I thought d6hobbies sounded familiar.
    <edit2> Money is s-s-sent.

TheBog on
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, he's one shifty bastiche. If it weren't for the fact that he has stuff I want, I'd like, not give him a single multi-hundred dollar order. :mrgreen:

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    I was doing really good just now until I had the smart idea to breach the wall of a ufo with high explosives.

Man, the only way to breach UFOs is to have a blaster launcher and use one shot to pop the top of a UFO and then followup shots that zoom around inside the UFO until they hit something.
    This man-portable total destruction device is the heaviest weapon alien artifact you'll discover. It fires the football-shaped Blaster Bomb which can hover and route through up to nine programmable waypoints before detonating on impact with a small explosion. 'Small' being a relative term for battlefield nuclear weapons. A safety radius of 10-20 meters is a good guideline. Blaster Bombs are outside toys, and can generally be relied upon to kill anything unlucky enough to be hit by them (and anything nearby). Although the weapon can only fire one shot before requiring a reload, one shot is usually enough.

Echo on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, X-Com Apocalypse isn't that bad!

But definitely play UFO Defence (or, as we know it, UFO: Enemy Unknown) first.

Wildcat on
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I like Apocalypse, but it was the first one I played and I've not revisited it in years, so who knows.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    I was doing really good just now until I had the smart idea to breach the wall of a ufo with high explosives.

Man, the only way to breach UFOs is to have a blaster launcher and use one shot to pop the top of a UFO and then followup shots that zoom around inside the UFO until they hit something.
    This man-portable total destruction device is the heaviest weapon alien artifact you'll discover. It fires the football-shaped Blaster Bomb which can hover and route through up to nine programmable waypoints before detonating on impact with a small explosion. 'Small' being a relative term for battlefield nuclear weapons. A safety radius of 10-20 meters is a good guideline. Blaster Bombs are outside toys, and can generally be relied upon to kill anything unlucky enough to be hit by them (and anything nearby). Although the weapon can only fire one shot before requiring a reload, one shot is usually enough.

Considering I just recruited a replacement with your name I think he'll now be the designated blaster launcher operator.:P

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited October 2009
    I'm trying to find out which day this weekend I should go to SnB for gaming. Nax are you going down there at all? I know scurvy is out all weekend but Wednesday I'll be there for league night as normal.

altmann on

signature.png
    edited October 2009
    What's a good place to pick up a couple of Chimera bits? I heard there was one particular bit provider I should avoid because the material is stolen. Alqadim? Heh.. Sorry for not mentioning this before, but I just got the idea. Would you be able to sell me the Chimera ball lasguns and rectangular top hatch? I'm looking to turn my Hellhound into another Chimera.

TheBog on
    edited October 2009
    Bog I'll look and see if I have any of those sprues laying around, if I do I'll just stick it in with your stuff.

alqadim on
    edited October 2009
    That's incredibly kind of you.

TheBog on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    @alqadim: How is your line of terrain coming along? :)

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited October 2009
    Nax wrote: »

Yeah, any plans for urban Valkyrie bases?:winky:

Librarian's ghost on

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yeah, any plans for urban Valkyrie bases?:winky:

The windshield off the Valkyire models are a pain to get

Brainleech on
    edited October 2009

Nax the terrain is going slowly, we are experimenting with some new resin "foam" that will allow us to make some larger pieces without having the ole 30 lb blob of resin thing going on. It's been a little slow on the development side lately with our personal lives both being affected alot lately, but we are startin to pick the pace back up.

and Tim if you want valk bases tell me what you want them to look like and I'll see what we can do ;)

alqadim on
  • UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I believe there was some talk a while ago of a base for a vulture equipped with twin-linked punisher cannons as a mountainous pile of spent shell casings, with the occasional guard-issue boot sticking out from inside.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
    edited October 2009
    I believe there was some talk a while ago of a base for a vulture equipped with twin-linked punisher cannons as a mountainous pile of spent shell casings, with the occasional guard-issue boot sticking out from inside.

Hah! That would be awesome.

Thinking about it I'm not sure what an Urban Valkyrie base would look like since it's so big. Sidewalks would look weird. Maybe some type of street with a median of some sort running at various angles. Maybe have it be a two part base with the street on the base and the median (thinking some future looking interstate concrete thing) being a separate piece so each of the bases could be assembled differently with the median in variable spots. If you did it right, the median section could be sold separately as barricades for terrain pieces.

I'm thinking a street because if a Valkyrie was flying that low, a wide street in a city would be the only open enough area to move around.

Also you guys need to make sectional street pieces.:P

Librarian's ghost on

• DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Matrias wrote: »
    The various conversations sorta blasted past my earlier post, but I would like to hear from people a little more familiar with the SW and the rules so I'll give it one more go. Are wolf lords on thunderwolves using a powerfist S 9 (thunderwolf is like a frost blade or furious charge and goes on after the doubling) or S10 (thunderwolf is not a weapon effect and is thus on all the time. Profile strength essentially 5). I can see arguments both ways, and you can see them too cause they're in the brackets. What do people think?
    Going with S9. After some discussion with the local 40k gurus, it was agreed the wolf lords on mounts don't actually get the same range of benefits as the cavalry dudes get. Namely, no true S5 or T5.

I wouldn't waste S6 I5 opportunities on a fist, though. Frost Blade!

I would disagree. The Thunderwolf mount entry clearly says it changes the profile itself, not a +1S, +1T bonus like things such as Bikes add.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
    edited October 2009
    RE: thunderwolf mount +pfist.

It all comes down to how you calculate it. 4x2+1=9 4+1X2=10.

Also, Rumors of a new Blood Angels 'dex?

NAX is gonna be giddy like a little girl at a Jonas Bro's concert.

Also, NAX are you going into the club this weekend?

altmann on

signature.png