As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NASA Moon Bombing: No Blood for Moonajuana

• nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is there anywhere to see the video yet? I fell asleep :(

nerve on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    moon.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, if there's one thing Americans do well, it's bombing things.

By now other countries should know not to fuck with America. If we're willing to bomb the moon, which did nothing to us (except tides and werewolves), who'll be next?

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gyral wrote: »

By now other countries should know not to fuck with America. If we're willing to bomb the moon, which did nothing to us (except tides and werewolves), who'll be next?

Saturn.
    That bastard's got a new ring all of a sudden, so now it's the biggest fucking thing in the solar system.

Kill it before it steals our land!

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    moon.jpg

:^:

So when are we gonna finish dicking around and actually nuke the moon?

It's not like there are moon-indian reservations to contaminate.

Falx on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ok well did we find water?

or like...something cool?

Arch on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Apparently we've no pictures of the plume for some unknown reason. I guess the spectro-analysis will take time?

electricitylikesme on
    edited October 2009
    Apparently we've no pictures of the plume for some unknown reason. I guess the spectro-analysis will take time?

Man i could spectro analyze that shit in my SLEEP come ON nasa!

:P

oh well someone PM me if we find water the exciting part is over

Arch on
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    HerrCron wrote: »

Saturn.
    That bastard's got a new ring all of a sudden, so now it's the biggest fucking thing in the solar system.

I hear they have a secret nuclear plant hidden in one of those rings. Also, oil.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I really hope there is a significant amount of water up there. It'd be like finding out there was a big Gas Station up there with the cheapest prices in town.

Drake on
  • GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The local yokels in the TV news kept telling everyone everything will be ok. People had been calling in all night worried that we'd all be hit by moon rocks, that we'd fracture the moon, or that we'd knock the moon out of its orbit.

GungHo on
    edited October 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    The local yokels in the TV news kept telling everyone everything will be ok. People had been calling in all night worried that we'd all be hit by moon rocks, that we'd fracture the moon, or that we'd knock the moon out of its orbit.

Haha. Woooo.

That makes me wish I'd caught my local news. Sadly, knowing Alabama though, no one even knew this was going on most likely. At least not enough for the news to have to calm the locals down. And a significant part of the Space Program is still here. I bet it was big news in Huntsville anyway.

Drake on
  • SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Its the same shit as the Large Hardon Collider. Public concern because of ignorance. I liked the way someone put it. Its like an eyelash hitting an airliner.

SkannerJAT on
    edited October 2009
    SkannerJAT wrote: »
    Its the same shit as the Large Hardon Collider. Public concern because of ignorance. I liked the way someone put it. Its like an eyelash hitting an airliner.

Goddamn, we will not see a better typo all day.

Drake on
  • SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It wants a typo. It always has been and always will be the Large Hardon Collider to me. I don't know how the hell a board could not see that happening when deciding to name the thing.

SkannerJAT on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My understanding was that the reason the cloud was going to be so big was because the part that's still orbiting is going to fly through the cloud on one of its next orbits and take a sample.

So NASA probably won't be analyzing for a while yet. Still, I can't wait for someone to post this, as I slept through it.

Terrendos on
  • HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Burns.gif

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am glad that the brave Americans at NASA did not waver in their mission to bring Democracy and Freedom to the moon.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I love hyperbole. :D

Henroid on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I know I shouldn't be surprised... but...

Did you/they start informing the public that this ought to have less of an effect on the Moon as throwing a grain of sand at them would?

The moon is really really big, and what we hit it with... wasn't.

I think these might be people who take the whole "butterfly flapping its wings causing a typhoon" bit a little too seriously.

Edit: damnit, figures I'd miss the other thread that's like 12 damned pages long...

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    HerrCron wrote: »

Saturn.

I hear they have a secret nuclear plant hidden in one of those rings. Also, oil.
    If the Saturnites are brown, we've hit the trifecta.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited October 2009
    Forar wrote: »

Did you/they start informing the public that this ought to have less of an effect on the Moon as throwing a grain of sand at them would?
    This is Texas. We don't understand scientific analogies. It's better to just tell people it's all gonna be ok. The devil is in the details. No seriously. The real devil.

GungHo on
    edited October 2009

This is Texas. We don't understand scientific analogies. It's better to just tell people it's all gonna be ok. The devil is in the details. No seriously. The real devil.

Just tell them the Devil is on the Moon and that he jes' got whut fer.

Drake on
    edited October 2009
    I am glad that the brave Americans at NASA did not waver in their mission to bring Democracy and Freedom to the moon.

yesssssssss

Arch on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Drake wrote: »

We're taking him out with Jesus' nuclear love.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited October 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »

We're taking him out with Jesus' nuclear love.

He died for our Satan-stomping nuclear stockpile.

Drake on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Ugh, you'd think with NASA here, people might have some interest in basic sciences.

Thomamelas on
    edited October 2009
    They do. If they work for NASA. Understand, we have geoscientists where I work that are creationists.

GungHo on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They do. If they work for NASA. Understand, we have geoscientists where I work that are creationists.

Thankfully I manage to avoid these people most of the time.

Thomamelas on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone have info that the crazies are spouting about this? I'm so curious.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Did anyone post this? Because it's fairly appropriate for the occasion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csj7vMKy4EI

Captain Tragedy on
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I know I should be all serious about this, but all I'm thinking is "YEAH FUCK YOU TAKE THAT MOON EARTH ROOOCKS"

Wallhitter on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Detharin wrote: »
    Obviously since our election of the Obama, who as we all know was created in a lab and to this day requires injections of his native mole people DNA mined from the very hearts of the mountains of Afghanistan and his need for health care reform has begun to shake the very foundation of our deal with the moon dwelling reptilons something had to be done.

As those in the know, already know, since the late 1960's when Sputnik alerted the Reptilons to our presence, and began what some like to think of as "the great space race" the rest of us know it for what it truly was "the great bribe race". By landing on the moon we were able to both put a negotiator in face to face contact, but also delivery them many many shiny gems, which they continue to covet. The technology, and assistance we negotiated has served us well, both in ending the cold war (oh star wars program, if only the populous knew how aptly named you were) as well as finally allowing us to detect and neutralize the brain worms plaguing most of Mu. Returning it to an undersea paradise, as well as preventing its inhabitants in their madness from revealing its location to the outside world.

The Reptilons agreed to never directly interact with the people of earth and keep their existence a secret. We agreed to trade much needed supplies and technology with them so they could return their base to full functionality, as they were lacking several rare earth based compounds. Specifically Unobtainium 236, Plotonium 238, and some Explodium 137 to restart their primary reactor.

After negotiations were finalized in 1972 things have been rather cool between us and the reptilons, they were content to let our species kill itself off before reclaiming their ancestral homeworld. However with the new president trying to pass health care measures that would cause more people to go see doctors, thus exposing the level of implantation and experimentation that the reptilons have been secretly guilty of over the last 50 years they had to do something. Thankfully due to the ongoing efforts of Illuminati scientists we have been able to keep their ongoing biological attacks in check.

While it saddens me to know that so much of our defense budget has had to be buried in black ops for so long to effectively create enough Weaponized Self Assembling Macroscopic Killbots, as well as the delivery system needed to get them through the Reptilon shields. I am amazed that the amount of pushback in all sectors has not alerted more people into questioning what the money black holes have been working on.

Anyway, now that we finally have the weapon, and the means of delivery we can finally end the reptilon menace once and for all. America, fuck yeah!
    Reported for Awesome. :D

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    edited October 2009
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    I know I should be all serious about this, but all I'm thinking is "YEAH FUCK YOU TAKE THAT MOON EARTH ROOOCKS"

no that is kind of how I feel as well

Arch on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "This is an unbearable strain but I'm doing it as hard as I've ever done it before."

5kobrb.jpg

Panda4You on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay, best Obama/moon joke I've heard yet:
    Latest picture of the moon:

chaonthemoon.jpg

It was supposed to say CHANGE, but they ran out of bombs

Jragghen on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    Mooninites were the first thing I thought of when I learned of this. And apparently the rest of the internet is no different.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The moon called, and he is pissed off:
    moonm.png

Gentlemen, we have three days...

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That thing still creeps me the fuck out.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't like this thread as much.

Anyway, this isn't the first time we have bombed the moon. Lots of the lunar modules were dropped on it as visiting astronauts left. This is just the first time we've bombed that particular part of the moon for that particular reason.

ProPatriaMori on