Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mini-Phalla] Blackout--Game Over! Mafia Victory

• garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    I don't know, to be honest. I kind of remember it being neck and neck. I'd have to go back and tally it up again.

Either way, I'm still buying into the unmasoned mafia theory, so I doubt they would have or could have banded together to save anyone.

Well, I thought the theory was that the reason they only had 2 kills night one is because one of them targeted another mafia, leading them to hook up.

Also, in retrospect I could imagine them all hopping on the dunadan bandwagon to try to cast suspicion my way and make it look like I was getting rescued if any of them died along the way. So those vote records might not be the most useful.

Foot, meet mouth.

• SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    I don't know, to be honest. I kind of remember it being neck and neck. I'd have to go back and tally it up again.

Either way, I'm still buying into the unmasoned mafia theory, so I doubt they would have or could have banded together to save anyone.

Well, I thought the theory was that the reason they only had 2 kills night one is because one of them targeted another mafia, leading them to hook up.

Also, in retrospect I could imagine them all hopping on the dunadan bandwagon to try to cast suspicion my way and make it look like I was getting rescued if any of them died along the way. So those vote records might not be the most useful.

Foot, meet mouth.

Well, dunadan had some overkill on him that night I think, eating a vote, seer, and mafia kill, and he was one of my primary detractors. I can imagine them having no problems with subtly trying to make me look like a badguy, as I've been higher profile and haven't been cleared.

edited October 2009
    haha, I'm just kidding around (mostly), but even by your logic, there were two mafia kills on night one, then three on days 2 and 3, and two again last night.

Meaning that if the theory pans out that "one name missing from the mafia kills=mafia finding each other," there would have only been two networked mafia at the time of the Dunadan/Savant bandwagons.

Again, I seriously doubt that they could or would influence a vote.

• JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OOOOOOOOOO
    Curses Mafia! CURSES
    HAH though, I was good!
    OOOOOOOOOO

Recommended reading - Worm | Playing - LoL | Backlog Wars - Alan Wake? | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    iamthenobrainer

so what else do we do today?

• fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oooOOOoooOO
    Foolish Vig!
    OOoooOOOooooooOO

• visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    iamtheaznduh

<3 public seerings

DogSig.gif
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User
    edited October 2009
    I'm glad I was seered and not vigged. Hey Village, you better ask the SK to help you guys out because you really are going to need it.

!Iamtheaznman

Also, all mafia contact me k thanks. Oh and when you do you better mention what's special about us that was said in our role pm.

• OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sorry for the inactivity today guys. Had a minor family emergency and have been out pretty much all day. Missed the vote and my order. At least we have a clear idication on who to vote for finally.

!iamtheaznman

edited October 2009
    OP doesn't show Fading has having died

that confused me for a second into thinking someone hadn't voted yet. Can we shank aznman already?

• iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User
    edited October 2009
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    aznman, for being evil. Good job Mr. Seer.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If I can get concensus, I'll end it now, if you want.

My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This works for me.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited October 2009
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    DO IT NAO

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Closed.

Incoming.

Soonish.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rocks fall.

edited October 2009
    computer is having issues...

will be up soon. sorry for the delay.

edited October 2009
    blacknar5.jpg

As the Body of V.H. Owlis hit the floor, the lights turned back on. There were bodies everywhere. Some had been stabbed with pencils, One had been smothered with the Honesty Top Hat.

And there were six people still standing.

Three of them grinned and high-fived each other, doing a little jig. Excellent! They had completely ended the seminar weekend. How fucking awesome was that?

And while the other three were shell-shocked and just staring at the gore around them, and the dancing sociopaths that they had been locked up with for days now, Keith Uhlmeye shook his head, flicking the lighter in his hands one last time.

Thank god he hadn't quit smoking like he'd told his wife he had.

Nobody likes a quitter.

Game Over:

Mafia Victory!

Survivors:

Kuhlmeye-seer
    Savant- Villager
    Zandracon-Villager

psolms- Mafia
    garroad_ran- Mafia
    simonwolf-mafia

You can all proceed to yell at me now.

edited October 2009
    That's a lot of mafia and a lot of kills from the mafia...

• Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Good job my mafia brethren!

peachip4sig.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ahava it would have been awesome if you'd actually told us that psolms was a fellow mafia member.

14LXWPx.jpg?1
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aww, we lost.... thanks for running though ahava, 'twas fun! I was a special :P.

3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
    edited October 2009
    Well psolms, you can't blame me for not believing you, lol.

edited October 2009
    Mafia PM:

You hate seminars. Hate them with a passion. You’ve been to so many, they’re all the damned same. Trust falls and honesty excercises. And one of you is going to have to wear the damned Abe hat. Well not you. Not this time. You will make sure that nobody else ever has to go to one of these things again. Ever.

Every night, you will send me a name. One name. If that person is another member of the disruptive forces, you will not kill them, you will join with them. Two of you each night will have your kill succeed. This will be decided at Random.

• AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Fun game Ahava, I only wish I'd been around for more of it.

huntresssig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Simon, that would have been the PM that went out tonight.

Had the game continued on.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Credit where credit's due, Dunadan sent me this PM when I was a temporary network head.
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    List -O- Suspects

Kime
    Iamtheaznman
    Psolms
    Simonwolf.

And the reason I didn't shift the bandwagon off him was because I was asleep. GMT's a bitch sometimes.

edited October 2009
    So...uh...why did the mafia get 3 kills some nights?

edited October 2009
    Wow, nicely done d019

Savant: They weren't three kills. You'll notice the third kill the first time is a double-up on Infidel, and the second time it was a double-up on dunadan who got voted out.

Ahava was just letting us know when we'd double-targeted somebody.

edited October 2009
    The thing with Infy...

He was actually triple killed.

By the Mafia that night.

Well, Triple aimed.

So I put up two of them.

edited October 2009
    Kuhl was the Seer
    eecc was the Vig

And yes

Kime was the Guard.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The thing with Infy...

By the Mafia that night.

Well, Triple aimed.

So I put up two of them.

Just for funsies? I approve haha.

3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Aww, we lost.... thanks for running though ahava, 'twas fun! I was a special :P.

You were, kime.

I was quite gutted when you died, and feared terribly for my life. :P

Good times!

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited October 2009
    short-lived mafia proboards

Notable events:

Day 1- I seered simonwolf
    Day 3- We seered aznman
    Day 4- psolms contacted me saying he was mafia, but for some reason we didn't get the memo from ahava

edited October 2009
    Just for funsies.

He was TRIPLE KILLED

but the orders on the night Duna died.

my god.

edited October 2009
    The thing with Infy...

By the Mafia that night.

Well, Triple aimed.

So I put up two of them.

Well, helps the mafia figure things out but sort of screwed with how much the village could figure out since we didn't know anything about how the mafia worked. I was thinking that there might have been 3 of them with a kill each.

• ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also, well played, mafia, well played. =P

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited October 2009
    To be fair, we didn't know for sure until day 4 either.

Thanks for running the thing lonelyahava. I loved the idea and had a lot of fun, especially once we got some mafiosos together :)

This discussion has been closed.