As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Mutant and Symbiote edition

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    The Carnage DLC is out though, right? Or do they wait to unveil all the DLC characters to release the DLC?

I believe they're releasing the DLC in character packs. They're working on the first one currently, and Carnage is the first revealed character in the pack.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Has anyone had achievements totally bug out? I've unlocked customers for all but the spoiler character you get after beating the game, but no achievement. It also shows I've beaten 14/15 bosses without revival and no achievement for that either (I've only played on Super Heroic or Legendary).

Ganluan on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ah, fuck it. I think I am going to pick this up as a part of my 3 games at TRU.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know what this means right? Carnage is gonna be an upcoming character is some marvel movie... I'm thinkin Spider-Man 4 (he was already rumored) or the Venom movie.

He's just such an odd, outta place character. He's not all that popular. He had no role in the events of the civil war. And in current lore he's been dead for a while. There is almost certainly a catch somewhere.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
    edited October 2009
    Could just be that they assumed that people who knew little about Marvel might find his design cool. I mean, for someone who knows little about Marvel aside from having watched a few of the movies he probably looks more interesting than a few of the characters in game.

Iblis on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Iblis wrote: »
    Could just be that they assumed that people who knew little about Marvel might find his design cool. I mean, for someone who knows little about Marvel aside from having watched a few of the movies he probably looks more interesting than a few of the characters in game.

Pretty much this. There's nothing to this decision beyond A) Casual Spider fans know who Carnage is and B) Aesthetics. Carnage is the kind of guy that would be fun to watch in motion, in game.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Carnage does less than nothing for me. I got my fill in the 90's. I'd have been far more interested if they took any given one of the characters whose models are already in-game and made them playable. I mean, She-Hulk and Hercules! But, whatever.

You know what is crazy about this game, and I hope they patch? The friend I usually play it with unlocked everyone by playing single-player, but in multiplayer they were re-locked. That, or he did something really stupid without realizing it. Also! It only lets you unlock costumes with the character being played by whoever is signed into an XBL account, and only for that person. Or something. All I know is that none of the kills I got counted towards Iron Fist's alternate costume. It's a really oddly obtuse system for a game that's designed to be played with other people.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know what is crazy about this game, and I hope they patch? The friend I usually play it with unlocked everyone by playing single-player, but in multiplayer they were re-locked. That, or he did something really stupid without realizing it. Also! It only lets you unlock costumes with the character being played by whoever is signed into an XBL account, and only for that person. Or something. All I know is that none of the kills I got counted towards Iron Fist's alternate costume. It's a really oddly obtuse system for a game that's designed to be played with other people.

Not a bug, that's intentional design. The game only unlocks characters (and character costumes) for a single save, unlike MUA1. Which means you will never have any character universally unlocked, you can't start a game from level 1 on Normal or Heroic and play as Thor. Playing Thor on a new playthrough is only possible on a Legendary playthrough post-Normal or Heroic.

It's retarded but whatcha gonna do.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, that was probably my biggest disappointment with the game. I was hoping the patch they're working on would fix that, but after re-reading it I realized it just allows people to play on the other difficulty levels with their leveled up characters.

Kind of wish they would meet us half way and allow the all character cheat to be used with out disabling saves. At least if a person has a completed file anyway.

Iblis on
    edited October 2009
    Got this with my 3 for 2 deal at TRU. Can't wait to play.

edit: Played a bit earlier today before work and might hop on for a bit tonight. Loving it so far.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • ZorodiusZorodius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They've accidentally revealed all the DLC characters in this pack- the list is, Carnage, Psylocke, Magneto, Black Panther, and Cable.

There's also going to be at least two new sim missions. You can see some footage at 6:26 here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/marvelultimateallianceiifusion/video/6233249/today-on-the-spot

Zorodius on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Looks like I will be waiting for the Platinum edition!

hohohoho

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man this is why I knew I should of waited. Stupid toys-r-us and their lack of game selections!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man why isn't there a pc version of this.

Especially since the Wii version is apparently terrible.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Wait, so they are only releasing 5 dl characters? Or is that just one planned pack? They released what, 8 last year? Throw in the damn Juggernaut.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited October 2009
    Wait, so they are only releasing 5 dl characters? Or is that just one planned pack? They released what, 8 last year? Throw in the damn Juggernaut.

They've said they'll continue to release DLC as long as there is sufficient demand. Though I'm not sure if they specified what type of DLC.

Iblis on
    edited October 2009
    Per Xbox360 Achievements:

Magento, Psylocke, Carnage, Black Panther, Cable

selectg.jpg

edit: Also, whatever happend to the versus mode from like the first Xmen Legends game? You could like spawn whatever enemies you wanted and just battle.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited October 2009
    Magneto and Black Panther are cool. And Cable gives me hope that they're planning on releasing all the people who were unplayable. I can't wait to be Justice!

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Three mutants and a guy married to a mutant. Don't get me wrong, I love the X-Men, but even I'm getting tired of playing as them.

Wet Bandit on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Plus Carnage...@#!@%;$#%!$! Carnage! :x

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited October 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Plus Carnage...@#!@%$#%!$! Carnage! :x

You shush.

If anything, I want more Spider-Man characters!

Black Panther, Magneto, and Psylocke do nothing for me. They also need more friggin unlockable costumes. What made them think, "I am sure people hate using different costumes. Let's limit them to just two."

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wet Bandit wrote: »
    Three mutants and a guy married to a mutant. Don't get me wrong, I love the X-Men, but even I'm getting tired of playing as them.

Really? You're throwing in Black Panther on association basis? Everyone has mutant associations. They're a huge part of the marvel universe, even after Decimation. I feel like this gets complained about way too much. Powers is powers, who gives a shit how they got them when you're playing?

It's like playing a DC beat-em-up and complaining about all the Justice League characters.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited October 2009
    It's a little ridiculous when the game's background is Civil War, one of the most recent major marvel events to not feature even a tiny bit of mutants.

durandal4532 on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's a little ridiculous when the game's background is Civil War, one of the most recent major marvel events to not feature even a tiny bit of mutants.

It was never meant to follow the story of the comic closely, it was loosely based on CW.

I'd rather have a wide variety to play than just set to the characters in that story. Plus the story is horrible no matter which media writes it.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

The mutant storyline was completely fucked up during Civil War, though.

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Zampanov wrote: »

Really? You're throwing in Black Panther on association basis?

Absolutely. It's not like I'm damning Spider-Man for fighting alongside Wolverine at times. Black Panther is most relevant right now for marrying one of the most popular X-Men. It's hard to disassociate him from Storm.

Wet Bandit on
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Eh, I'd just rather not have repeats of characters from previous games (Psylocke, Magneto) when there were plenty of NPC heroes that I've not gotten to play as in the previous games. I know I might be in the minority, but if they released She-Hulk, Wonder Man, Havok and a few others, I'd gobble those up. Cable is a plus, though.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I want some mother-fuckin Blackbolt action. That'd be siiiiiiiick.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The pack needs more hercules and victor mancha

Canada_jezus on
    edited October 2009
    I just unlocked Venom and Green Goblin and have to go to work. Ugh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have a serious boner for this game. And I don't even know shit about Marvel aside from the various movies. I was strictly Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters, TMNT, Power Rangers kind of guy growing up. This game is making me wish that could have been different. :( . However, I did start reading Deadpool comics though after I playing through this for the first time. It reminds me of the old school arcade beatemups in all the right ways. (Simpsons, TMNT, X-men? There was an Xmen style coin-op back in the day too right?) That plus the RPG elements of course. Whoever thought up fusion attacks is a genius. The first time I saw Spider man suck in all those baddies while Iron Man blasted away at it my jaw hit the floor. I can't wait to see where else the decide to take the franchise.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thawmus wrote: »

The mutant storyline was completely fucked up during Civil War, though.

Mostly because it makes no sense if include mutants so when they were like fuck we forgot about the xmen it really got fucked up.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The pack needs more hercules and victor mancha
    Nothing needs more Victor Mancha.

Except maybe a list of characters too boring to live.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited October 2009
    This game is glitchy as hell D:

I'm hoping that DLC pack will at least allow me to get a 23rd costume and finish my achievements for this poorly tested game!

Ganluan on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Finally Cable.
    Only non-fighting game I've ever got to play him in is X-Men Legends 2 for the PSP.

Also pretty happy about Psylocke and Carnage, since they're rare as playable characters as well.

Invisible on
    edited October 2009
    Ganluan wrote: »

I'm hoping that DLC pack will at least allow me to get a 23rd costume and finish my achievements for this poorly tested game!

Explainnnnnnnnnn!

I think I read about it, but I am not sure.

Basically, unlock all the characters for whatever faction you choose in your first and second runs through, right? That is what I am doing so far. I chose registration the first time and I have already unlocked all the registration character's costumes.

What they really need to do is just release a shit ton of characters as DLC. Also, new stories to use new characters. And a battle mode of sorts.

edit: Just beat it. What a terribly lackluster ending. Not really spoiler worthy, but...
    What the fuck ever happened to the huge boss fights from the last game? I can't remember one boss battle. They were just a bunch of NPCs basically. I don't even think I want to discuss the ending.

Green Goblin seems pretty broken. I played on normal. He seemed to tear right through everything. Hell, the final battle I just used his glider and did the regular ol shooting the whole time.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited October 2009
    Well, as for what happened to me - somehow, the game unlocked Storm's alt costume but it shows she has zero kills and when I look at the Review menu for the Alternate Costume dossiers, the one for her costume still shows a "Locked" even though it shows I've completed every heroic deed for her.

Basically the game can't tell I've unlocked every costume, and it seems the only way to fix it would be to start all over. I'm hoping the DLC characters will count toward the 23 and I can get it that way, since it's the only one left! It sounds like other people have had this glitch as well, along with a more common glitch affecting Undefeated Heroes (which also hit me but fortunately fixed itself later).

Ganluan on
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ganluan wrote: »

Explainnnnnnnnnn!

I think I read about it, but I am not sure.

Basically, unlock all the characters for whatever faction you choose in your first and second runs through, right? That is what I am doing so far. I chose registration the first time and I have already unlocked all the registration character's costumes.

What they really need to do is just release a shit ton of characters as DLC. Also, new stories to use new characters. And a battle mode of sorts.

edit: Just beat it. What a terribly lackluster ending. Not really spoiler worthy, but...
    What the fuck ever happened to the huge boss fights from the last game? I can't remember one boss battle. They were just a bunch of NPCs basically. I don't even think I want to discuss the ending.

Green Goblin seems pretty broken. I played on normal. He seemed to tear right through everything. Hell, the final battle I just used his glider and did the regular ol shooting the whole time.

RE spoilers: Did you really want QTE event bosses back? I hated that shit in the first MUA. I much preferred the boss fights in MUA2.

aBlank on
    edited October 2009
    I think I just hated them because of the characters they picked. They all seemed so generic.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think the bosses in this game were fine :) Although, did we ever get an explanation for anything that happened in the end if the game, as far as I recall on normal mode you learned nothing about the plans of the final bad guys. Perhaps on the hardest mode there is a secret ultimate boss?

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln