As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't know what Gumpy thinks, as he's currently not here.

But that was the plan.

G'night, it is too late timewise for me to consider stuff.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All PMs should be sent out. Let me know if there's any problems.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    I just want to know why Gumpy lied to us about the Halt card.
    Just as planned.

Gumpy's trap card activates! Which ones in the lounge are the bodyguard(s) and which are the conspirators?
    Are we to infer that Gumpy thinks he's lured a Bodyguard into the Lounge?

I didn't see anything about a halt card, but I did play a move 2, so that might be why he ended up moving 2?

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    I just want to know why Gumpy lied to us about the Halt card.
    Just as planned.

Gumpy's trap card activates! Which ones in the lounge are the bodyguard(s) and which are the conspirators?
    Are we to infer that Gumpy thinks he's lured a Bodyguard into the Lounge?

I didn't see anything about a halt card, but I did play a move 2, so that might be why he ended up moving 2?
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Gonna be blowing a high level Halt card today, Dr Lucky won't be moving. If you want to kill him, hit the lounge.

With that we have to assume at least one bodyguard moved there to protect the Dr.

The question is... who?

Hippie on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Heh

Alright number crunchers, this is when we actually need your records and shit. Someone find me an example of a bodyguard kill going through when we know there ain't any bodyguards in the room.

boogedyboo, until those results come through

Gumpy on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    I gotta get to the garage!

!iamtheaznman
    swear to God that's gotta be a Bodyguard

Obbi on
    edited October 2009
    Heh

Alright number crunchers, this is when we actually need your records and shit. Someone find me an example of a bodyguard kill going through when we know there ain't any bodyguards in the room.

I'll take a look'see now, have an hour or so to kill anyway.

Just to be clear, your after someone getting bodyguard killed who was in a room with no bodyguards? This to make sure they dont need to be in the same room, yes?

Or am i missing something?

Hippie on
    edited October 2009
    Wait, the day 1 bodyguard evictions still happened even though no one had chosen their starting locations, wouldn't this alone show that they do not need to be in the same room?

Or, again, have i gotten your request wrong?

Hippie on
    edited October 2009
    Your day 1 point is a valid one

Hurm

This does not bode well

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    Obbi for now.

Heh, just realized his avatar wasn't a fish, but a fish hat.

Hippie on
  • boogedybooboogedyboo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Another day, another revelation. I'm going to vote !Gumpy (and RawwkkingGoodguy is on notice too) because I have been part of a network working with Egos, Dogbone33, and ToxicToys. Both Dogbone33 and ToxicToys said they were working with Gumpy and Rawkking. In the past two days had set themselves for attacks against Dr. Lucky. Guess what happens, they all get evicted by bodyguards. Yesterday, I sent in an order to use a +3 weapon against Dr. Lucky along with Dogbone33. It fails. Guess who else was in the room with us, that's right, Gumpy.

boogedyboo on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOO

Time for a phalla break. I'm way to distraught about this

OOoooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooo

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
    edited October 2009
    boogedyboo wrote: »
    Another day, another revelation. I'm going to vote !Gumpy (and RawwkkingGoodguy is on notice too) because I have been part of a network working with Egos, Dogbone33, and ToxicToys. Both Dogbone33 and ToxicToys said they were working with Gumpy and Rawkking. In the past two days had set themselves for attacks against Dr. Lucky. Guess what happens, they all get evicted by bodyguards. Yesterday, I sent in an order to use a +3 weapon against Dr. Lucky along with Dogbone33. It fails. Guess who else was in the room with us, that's right, Gumpy.

"Out of the two people in the room that survived, it was him! Not me!"

Nothing you have said here matches with any information we have. You are accusing me of worming my way into a network and then destroying it? Why would I destroy a village network built up around myself when I could simply misdirect its efforts?

That don't make no sense

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    Our members used movement cards to get Dr. Lucky to the billiard room for Toxic Toys to attack. After he lets us know that he has a +4 weapon to use against Dr. Lucky.

Who else is in the Billiard Room? Gumpy, Rawkking, and LoserForHireX.

The bandwagon against LoserForHireX was orchestrated because he was an unknown at the time TT/Dogbone33 had vouched for Gumpy/Rawkking so we voted LoserForHireX out.

The attack fails either because Toxic gets thrown out by the bodyguards (bodyguard eviction > kill order hypothesis) or a bodyguard was in the room.

boogedyboo on
    edited October 2009
    Well, ok we thought. Maybe, there are more bodyguards outside then we thought and they just got lucky.
    Egos also had suspicions about Gumpy, but Dogbone33 was in contact with Rawkking after ToxicToys was eliminated and he then vouched for Gumpy.

So our backup plan was for Dogbone33 and me to wait in the Lounge for Dr. Lucky. We went ahead with the attack assuming Gumpy was not bodyguard.

Look where that got us.

boogedyboo on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Allright, I've been working with Dogbone all this time and will confirm that he did vouch for both ToxicToys and Gumpy, which, in fact, corroborates what boogedyboo is saying.

So now, it's up to the rest of us to figure out who's lying.

Seeing as my partner never vouched for you, boogedyboo, I have to vote for you, but goddamn it, I don't know how Gumpy is still alive after all this time, and if he's the bodyguard, all I have to say is "good show".

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, I trust boogedyboo, and I'm also about 95% sure RU is good. Does anybody have anything good to say about Obbi, azn, and Hippie (other than being generally awesome and whatnot). I've got those guys pegged as quiet and shady.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited October 2009
    Both TT and Dogbone33 could win either with Revenge/Greed. I was part of the Greed network with Egos and worked with TT/Dogbone33 toward a dual win for both Revenge and Greed factions.

boogedyboo on
    edited October 2009
    So neither me or RU have heard anything about Boogey being part of that network, even though Dogbone told us about each other?

Interestin'

Gumpy on
  • oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Those are fresh accounts from Boogedy but the fact that Gumpy's been in the rooms with when your attacks fail seem largely coincedental. I would believe that bodyguard attack takes place before consipiritor attacks though, but your story is the only evidence of it thats been brought up so far.

Following the logic train:

Either Gumpy or Boogedy are bodyguards or niether.
    or) if neither are than bodyguards don't have to be in the same room as lucky for kills or defense.
    or) if neither are than bodyguard evict comes before normal attacks (so the attack never went off and the bodyguards still likely have to be in the same room).

(has all this been sorted out and I'm slow to it?)
    (does this make sense?)

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Boogedy has been a member of the Money network from the beginning, !Gumpy.

Houn on
    edited October 2009
    So boogey is claiming to be in the revenge network

While being in the money one?

Well ain't that interesting

Gumpy on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No, he's claiming to be money. Money was working with Revenge, due to Dog and TT being dual-motive Money/Revenge.

Also, I thought you were Revenge, Gumpy. Stop trying to confuse the issue.

Houn on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    boogedyboo, I choose you.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    So boogey is claiming to be in the revenge network

While being in the money one?

Well ain't that interesting

Dogbone33/Toxic Toys had dual motive Money/Revenge and I was part of the Money (Greed) network headed by Egos. We were in touch with both of them in order to get a win through either Dogbone33 or Toxic. We were never directly in touch with members of the Revenge network that had only Revenge as a motive.

boogedyboo on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jesus, you people.

YOU. PEOPLE.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Heh

In addition to the day one theory, there was also day 4, where Toxic and Ringo were the only ones in the Billard Room, and Ringo was removed.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    Heh

In addition to the day one theory, there was also day 4, where Toxic and Ringo were the only ones in the Billard Room, and Ringo was removed.

This does not bode well

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    And now, a brief note from the council of number crunching regarding previous attempts at killing Dr Lucky.
    Remember, we have to have a weapon value greater than the remaining number of bodyguards.
    Using the 15-20 percent average, there would be a minimum of 9, max of 12. I estimate it towards the higher value due to the attacks we can all make.
    I'm making one assumption here. I'm going to believe that our attacks and bodyguard throwouts either take place simultaniously, or our attacks go first, otherwise it'd just be bullshit and I'll be forced to engage in internet rage

By day 7, we had killed 6 mafia, leaving between 3-6 remaining.
    Toxic attacked Dr Lucky with a 4 point weapon. If Gumpy or Rawkking is not a body guard, then there were a minimum of 4 remaining bodyguards, max 6.

Yesterday a total of 8 had been killed, and Boogedy says he attack Dr Lucky with a 3point weapon. If Gumpy is not a bodyguard or if boogedy is not lying, that means there are min 3, max 4 bodyguards remaining.

Do attacks against Dr Lucky occur concurrently or before Mafia Kills?

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Do attacks against Dr Lucky occur concurrently or before Mafia Kills?

All I can tell you is that both things happen some time during the Action Phase.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    At this point, if Gumpy turns out to be a bodyguard I'm just going to have to tip my hat to him.
    Then grudge him within an inch of his life.

That said, boogedyboo, I was in contact with many of the (dead) people that you claim to have networked with, and none of them ever mentioned speaking with you. Not one.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    edited October 2009
    Well, depending on how things go today, if boogedyboo is NOT a bodyguard, then it's 100% confirmed that Gumpy is.

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2009
    eh, I figured this would happen. TT/Dogbone33 probably didn't mention it because they had access to our forums and posted there. Unfortunately, nothing short of revealing/unlocking the Greed faction proboard will convince you all. (Is that even allowed for Phallas?)

boogedyboo on
    edited October 2009
    As far as I know... yes. You could just invite everyone individually, so revealing it in thread simply expedites matters. Of course, I think to be fair, someone who is still alive has to do the unlocking, if that's you, more power to you. But I'd ask MrB just to be sure before you do.

Jobastion on
    edited October 2009
    Well, depending on how things go today, if boogedyboo is NOT a bodyguard, then it's 100% confirmed that Gumpy is.

I must have missed something. What 100% confirms Gumpy for bodyguard if boogedy isn't one?

Jobastion on
    edited October 2009
    Can what is left of Occult please get in contact please k thanks

Was there a 4th motive?

Oh right love

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    !Aznman

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    Everyone send in their top 3 suspects please

lets crack heads and get this done

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009

I must have missed something. What 100% confirms Gumpy for bodyguard if boogedy isn't one?

Because Gumpy and boogedyboo where the only non-confirmed individuals in the room when the now dead dogbone and Toxic Toys tried to kill Dr. Lucky. The attacked Lucky with ridiculous numbers, that should have far overwhelmed the amount of remaining bodyguards, yet the attack failed anyways, which means that someone in the room has to have been a bodyguard.

The only still-living people in the room that weren't in on the plot were Gumpy and boogedyboo.

One of them is a bodyguard.

We just don't know which for sure, but I'm going with boogey, because Gumpy was confirmed to me prior to the attack, but Houn and his network are backing boogey.

At this point, I'm trusting Gumpy because my now-dead partner told me to, but it's entirely possible he's playing us all and using boogey as his patsy. He is experienced enough to do this, so it is possible.

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2009
    Also, everyone, I would hold off on trusting Gumpy until we know for sure boogey is a bodyguard.

If boogey is innocent, Gumpy dies next. If he is guilty then Houn and whoever he was aligned with needs to die.

Romantic Undead on
This discussion has been closed.