As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nok [Chat] Hun

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, shit

looks like it's time for everybody to fold their arms and talk about how right they are about something unimportant

A good ol' douche off.

I always show up at the best times.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm not saying they're assholes, I'm saying I find it scary. Because it's new, and fast, and lacks a familiar structure. Just so you know my position.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay you're exagerrating how awesome/horrible SE++ is.

That there isn't a will to stay remotely on topic for more like, three posts annoys me. I mean, we're having a conversation here much like one in real life; no-one is changing the subject willy nilly.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Stage one complete.

Should I change themes to the PA Revolution or not

I'm afraid

I will if you will.

Alright I'm going to go for this.

Workin' on it.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

That there isn't a will to stay remotely on topic for more like, three posts annoys me. I mean, we're having a conversation here much like one in real life; no-one is changing the subject willy nilly.

obviously it isn't like real life at all then, is it?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So anyways, borderlands, I'm super psyched though I worry I might get the flu and the wife will be upset if I don't rest and just play games all day. She doesn't realize that is me resting.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SE++'s rules change on the daily. It is a living, breathing, Mad Hatter's dinner table.

Only you were asleep when they shouted CHANGE PLACES!!!!

For God's sake they've had polls to see who gets perma banned.

Ludious on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

It's not like they are proposing getting rid of the entire D&D sub-forum, just the D&D chat thread. There would still be the D&D sub-forum for on topic threads. It's not like the chat thread doesn't change topics all the damn time here.

You know, at this point I hope they do abolish our [chat] thread just so you all either have to start posting in SE++ or quit the forums.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    I'm not saying they're assholes, I'm saying I find it scary. Because it's new, and fast, and lacks a familiar structure. Just so you know my position.

Yeah. And, saying it is the same as our chat is just wrong. So therefore, one could reasonably assume that we're not just posting here because we haven't found SE yet.

So, we should keep this thread.

What actual reason is there to remove it?

Come on, fight the power guys!

¡VIVA LA PA REVOLUCION!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bloody hell Inquisitor, you are a complete dick. Seriously. Shut the fuck up.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It's not like they are proposing getting rid of the entire D&D sub-forum, just the D&D chat thread. There would still be the D&D sub-forum for on topic threads. It's not like the chat thread doesn't change topics all the damn time here.

You know, at this point I hope they do abolish our [chat] thread just so you all either have to start posting in SE++ or quit the forums.

Wait what, they are actually proposing to close [chat]?

Honk on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had 17k posts in G&T before posting in SE. I enjoyed posting there for a few months before it being blocked at work.

It's fine and not scary.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SE++ doesn't hate new people.

They hate people who don't post like them and know all the ins and outs and memes

Yeah, no, that's wrong, but, okay, have fun being wrong?

I've dropped in randomly into SE++ all the time. I don't post like them and I don't know their memes. I don't get any flak.

But you are right, [chat] you are all so civilized and superior.

We should just have all of SE++ join the [chat] thread so we can accuse them all of being alts and try to figure out who they really are.

I didn't say anything about one being superior to the other

what I posted above is in line with my experience of trying to integrate with SE following the dissolution of the G&T chat thread

people were petulant that new people were being foisted on them

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    /quit

I read other threads, but I am as bland as white bread and don't have much to add to any real discussion.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Oh come on, it would be hilarious. You'd all be scared, and then post, and realize that they are just like any other forumers on the forum, and then we'd all have a good laugh about it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey [chat]. I am in the pre-op waiting room bored. How are you?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Yeah. And, saying it is the same as our chat is just wrong. So therefore, one could reasonably assume that we're not just posting here because we haven't found SE yet.

¡VIVA LA PA REVOLUCION!

I imagine the same arguments that were used to get rid of the G&T chat thread.

Six on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

That's not what I said. I like there being no set topic, but I like the CHAT culture of staying with a topic for a while if it catches our collective interest.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    fuck me I just beck meme'd the vegetarian thread

it kinda worked as well? I guess I see why he gets so much play

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Six wrote: »

¡VIVA LA PA REVOLUCION!

Uh, my arguments are for this thread

I don't get you

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Eeeh, Rage Against the Machine. Such a good group.

Pity they broke up when the lead singer buggered off to South America.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow Quizzy, you just took your ball and went home as far as I'm concerned. But nice way to wish ill on a whole lot of people who don't deserve it.

And I wouldn't "quit the forums" But I sure wouldn't post nearly as much, which would be a sad thing (for me, not for anyone else.)

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

what I posted above is in line with my experience of trying to integrate with SE following the dissolution of the G&T chat thread

To be fair, the G&T chat posters were petulant about being displaced into SE++. It was an ugly scene on both sides because neither of them wanted the change, and both of them were making a stink about it.

And the G&T chat threads represent a lot more people than our chat thread here, as well.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Oh come on, it would be hilarious. You'd all be scared, and then post, and realize that they are just like any other forumers on the forum, and then we'd all have a good laugh about it.

I've been around these boards on and off longer than every single SE++ poster except Whippy. I know exactly what it is like and D&D offers a signifigantly different environment.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hey
    i post in se++
    what's wrong with se++

nothing

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm almost entirely certain that I am a petulant, ADHD-afflicted youth.

I can make it anywhere on the internet.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Looks like some people can't take a bit of ribbing from the locals.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That's not what I said. I like there being no set topic, but I like the CHAT culture of staying with a topic for a while if it catches our collective interest.

That's how it happens in SE++ too you know.

Lud: Oh please.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Wow Quizzy, you just took your ball and went home as far as I'm concerned. But nice way to wish ill on a whole lot of people who don't deserve it.

And I wouldn't "quit the forums" But I sure wouldn't post nearly as much, which would be a sad thing (for me, not for anyone else.)

Same here. As I've said before, I consider a few [chat]ters here to be my genuine friends. I'd still keep in touch outside of [chat], but with so many of you in Canada and on the east coast, it wouldn't be the same as feeling like I'm stepping into the local pub to have a chat with my buddies, even if we had a SE++ thread of our very own.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

To be fair, the G&T chat posters were petulant about being displaced into SE++. It was an ugly scene on both sides because neither of them wanted the change, and both of them were making a stink about it.

And the G&T chat threads represent a lot more people than our chat thread here, as well.

Neither of them wanted the change, so why the hell change?

Because the people have no power, man!

Come on! Rise up!

Power to the people!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Gotta get Asperger's first if you want to fit into the real exclusive internet places.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Hey [chat]. I am in the pre-op waiting room bored. How are you?

Still going to be living life with my penis. Tranny.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Six wrote: »

¡VIVA LA PA REVOLUCION!

Uh, my arguments are for this thread

I don't get you

I know, and I agree with you.

I'm saying that the reasons to remove this thread will likely be similar in nature to the ones that were used to remove the G&T one.

Six on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SE++'s rules change on the daily. It is a living, breathing, Mad Hatter's dinner table.

It's madness! Up is down, black is white, cats and dogs live together in sin!

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I don't get what his problem is today. I don't recall quizzy being such a complete douchebag in the past.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I've been around these boards on and off longer than every single SE++ poster except Whippy. I know exactly what it is like and D&D offers a signifigantly different environment.

Is this some kind of attempt at pulling seniority or something? :P I've been on these boards, not posting but reading, for a very long time as well.

And we aren't talking about what D&D offers as opposed to SE++ but what the D&D chat thread offers as opposed to SE++. Conflating D&D and SE++ is obviously silly.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Gotta get Asperger's first if you want to fit into the real exclusive internet places.

>implying I don't have Asperger's

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It's madness! Up is down, black is white, cats and dogs live together in sin!

I've been dabbling my feet there lately. It's starting to grow on me.

Mazzy, what're you getting surgery for?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Are we talking about this for any specific reason? Like, is it actually being proposed that [chat] is closed?

If not then I will go hang out in the stargate thread until I see some lolcats in here.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm gonna try to limit my ragging on the mods

especially because they'll whip out that most infuriating of mod arguments "Stop whining to the people who spend alot of free time to provide this service free of charge to you"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.