As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Solicitations for January 2010

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Graphic Violence
Solicitations are out on Monday for DC. Here are the previews. I'll update the thread when the full solicits come out.

Full solicits: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23366

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That is a damn weird Justice League lineup.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wonder how much time is supposed to have passed since Static escaped the Dark Side club.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I really want to drop plain Batman, but I love Daniels's art so much when it's handled by decent inkers and colorists.

I also really want to drop Streets of Gotham, but I've fallen in love with the manhunter backup.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    I really want to drop plain Batman, but I love Daniels's art so much when it's handled by decent inkers and colorists.

Judd Winick isn't a good enough reason?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    McCly wrote: »

Winnick's done.

I'll give Daniels another try, because I think Battle for the Cowl was: A. fed to him beat by beat via editorial and winnick, and B. really really poorly inked and colored, leaving it feeling pretty flat and average looking.

If Winnick cycles back onto the book after this Daniels arc, I'll definitely drop it.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Winnick's done.

I'll give Daniels another try, because I think Battle for the Cowl was: A. fed to him beat by beat via editorial and winnick, and B. really really poorly inked and colored, leaving it feeling pretty flat and average looking.

If Winnick cycles back onto the book after this Daniels arc, I'll definitely drop it.

They've already confirmed that Tony Daniel and Winick will be alternating after every 5 issues.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Winnick's done.

They've already confirmed that Tony Daniel and Winick will be alternating after every 5 issues.

I feel like I've heard so many things from DC lately that ended up getting changed at the last minute, that I won't believe it until I see solicits for it.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No real surprises.

Hmm.

I also think I'll be skipping the World of New Krypton trades for Vol 3 and 4. It's an alright book, but I detest how it's being collected (with the Codename: Patriot hardcover stealing its two best issues).

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It looks like BN: JSA is a continuation of BN: Superman.

I don't really get why they're splitting up all the Superman books in trade format, as it reads a lot better in trade in the order the little S Symbol says, even if it goes over 5 titles.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I was hoping to see something about the Azzarello pulp series, but unless I skimmed over it, I didn't see anything about it.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2009
    Excited for this.

2qk7c09.jpg
    JOE THE BARBARIAN #1
    Written by Grant Morrison
    Art by Sean Murphy
    Cover by Sean Murphy
    Having an overactive imagination can get a kid through a lot, but it doesn’t change the facts: Joe’s still the kid in school that can’t fit in. He’s the victim of bullies. His dad died overseas in the Iraq war. And then there’s the Type 1 diabetes he has to live with.
    So is it insulin-deprived delirium or something much, much bigger that transports Joe to a land inhabited by all his toys – from ninja commandos to action robots to magical knights to star fleet captains? Is Joe really the savior of this wild fantasyland that’s been held under siege by dark magic and evil forces? With the help of a samurai rodent, is he ready to take back besieged castles and win the freedom of an oppressed people? Or is he just an over imaginative boy who could die if he doesn’t take his meds?
    White-hot writer Grant Morrison follows up his phenomenal BATMAN AND ROBIN with an epic adventure that’s Home Alone by way of Lord of the Rings accompanied with to-die-for art by future superstar Sean Murphy (YEAR ONE: BATMAN/SCARECROW, HELLBLAZER).
    On sale January 20 • 1 of 8 • 32 pg, FC, $1.00 US • MATURE READERS

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    BATMAN AND ROBIN #7
    Art by Cameron Stewart
    Cover by Frank Quitely
    Variant cover by Cameron Stewart
    Knight, Squire and DETECTIVE COMICS’ Batwoman guest-star alongside The Dynamic Duo in “Blackest Knight,” a 3-part story illustrated by Cameron Stewart (SEVEN SOLDIERS OF VICT0RY: MANHATTAN GUARDIAN). Readers who enjoyed BATMAN R.I.P. and FINAL CRISIS won’t want to miss this captivating new storyline packed with additional clues on the Domino Killer and the details surrounding the “death” of Bruce Wayne!
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Frank Quitely), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Cameron Stewart). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
    On sale January 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    Why'd this need to be released in January again? I'm not seeing any Blackest Night references in there.

Other than that, Joe the Barbarian sounds pretty awesome. Everything else DC had already pretty much revealed with the ridiculous number of solicitations previews.

Edit: Okay yeah, they're collecting the Superman books in the dumbest way you could possibly imagine.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm not too upset about the Superman collection methods. Those first 5 issues of each book really are completely separate from eachother, and integrating them would just be stupid.

The Codename: Patriot Tie Ins are in a similar boat.

I'm upset because the two issues of WoNK that lead directly into and out of Codename: Patriot are also extremely good issues that could quite easily stand on their own (since they're prologue and epilogue to C: P, but also really important to WoNK itself beyond status quo reasons).

Anyway, Joe the Barbarian sounds neat, and it's safe to assume that Seaguy Eternal will be Morrison's next vertigo book afterward, probably around a year from now.

The solicit for B&R 7 also makes it safe to assume that the big reveal in Blackest Night #6 will probably involve the first big hint about Bruce Wayne, leading directly into Blackest Knight which will probably give us even more hints.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anyway, Joe the Barbarian sounds neat, and it's safe to assume that Seaguy Eternal will be Morrison's next vertigo book afterward, probably around a year from now.

No, he has one or two other (new) Vertigo books coming out after Joe the Barbarian. Who knows when he'll get around to Seaguy again, especially if the rumour that he'll be writing Superman and Wonder Woman books pretty soon turn out to be true.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Joe the Barbarian sounds cool. I guess I'll put it on my list of things to trade wait.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BATMAN AND ROBIN #7
    Art by Cameron Stewart
    Cover by Frank Quitely
    Variant cover by Cameron Stewart
    Knight, Squire and DETECTIVE COMICS’ Batwoman guest-star alongside The Dynamic Duo in “Blackest Knight,” a 3-part story illustrated by Cameron Stewart (SEVEN SOLDIERS OF VICT0RY: MANHATTAN GUARDIAN). Readers who enjoyed BATMAN R.I.P. and FINAL CRISIS won’t want to miss this captivating new storyline packed with additional clues on the Domino Killer and the details surrounding the “death” of Bruce Wayne!
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Frank Quitely), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Cameron Stewart). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
    On sale January 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    Why'd this need to be released in January again? I'm not seeing any Blackest Night references in there.

Other than that, Joe the Barbarian sounds pretty awesome. Everything else DC had already pretty much revealed with the ridiculous number of solicitations previews.

Edit: Okay yeah, they're collecting the Superman books in the dumbest way you could possibly imagine.

Why wouldnt it be released in January?

KVW on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It missed a month in December, ostensibly for reasons related to Blackest Night.

Cameron Stewart stated that the issue was done in time to ship for December, and that he wasn't sure why it had to be delayed.

Munch on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was under the impression it missed December because of the skip week, which would have been its regular shipping date (last week of the month). I'm guessing they just spaced it out to bank some time for whenever Quitely returns.

KVW on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2009
    Nope, the regular ship week was the first week. #7 is skipping december and comes out in the last week, so it'll be over two months between issues

Garlic Bread on