As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect - The Citadel Council: Hot or Not?

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »
    but can i make an asian when i want to? can i fuck

I do not the answer to your second question my son, but surely you must just seek to create a caucasian and you will end up with an asian.

Egos on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    but can i make an asian when i want to? can i fuck

I do not the answer to your second question my son, but surely you must just seek to create a caucasian and you will end up with an asian.

the game knoweth my true intentions

if i seek to make an asian by making a caucasian i end up with a black shepard

Nuzak on
  • EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This game is looking even better than the original. And that's saying something. The armours and weapons look so tasty.

EddieDean on
  • Phoenix1985Phoenix1985 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    From now on, Wrex will forever appear in my mind wearing a tophat and monocle.

Not so much carrying a cigar, tho. You're not supposed to smoke in flight.

Phoenix1985 on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That's why it's awesome. You think a top hat fits under a space helmet? Fuck no.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    New option at character stat screen:

> Helmet
    > No Helmet
    > [Top Hat]

EddieDean on
  • Phoenix1985Phoenix1985 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn me for spelling Top Hat as a single word :(

Oh, and he probably won't be naked in my mind's eye. Just cause it's .. kinda hard to properly imagine.

You know...

Oh, yeah, we're not doing that meme anymore...

Quuuaaaaaads

On another note..I've got nuffin. Just aching away, wondering where the game's at and all.. unable to wait till January.. worrying about my save files.. the usual.

Phoenix1985 on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

oh hey he's accidentally asian

All of my guys are Asian in ME.

I can't seem to make them NOT Asian.

But it was fine with me.

BlackDove on
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just used the default Male Shepard. My first try at making a character turned out terribly, so when I restarted to change classes I didn't even try to use the character editor.

gjaustin on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Eh, we haven't linked this one in awhile and I need to blue dot this thread:

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I've found that intentionally trying to make a ugly character usually ends up with one that looks damn near human.

I wonder what Freud would have to say about that.

That you want to fuck it?

DietarySupplement on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »

oh hey he's accidentally asian

All of my guys are Asian in ME.

I can't seem to make them NOT Asian.

But it was fine with me.

Post-racial future society, man. Everybody's everything.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fig-D wrote: »
    065.jpg

im missing something....

Joolander on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've found that intentionally trying to make a ugly character usually ends up with one that looks damn near human.

Freud says that about everything though.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited October 2009
    Joolander wrote: »
    065.jpg

im missing something....

Probably because I'm direct linking and they don't like that. Spoiler now has the URL.

Fig-D on
    edited October 2009
    no, i mean i dont get the joke

Joolander on
    edited October 2009
    Then I don't know what to do for you.

Fig-D on
    edited October 2009
    Then I don't know what to do for you.

Shotgun?______Shotgun
    _________\__/
    __________O----Shotgun
    _________/__\_
    Shotgun!______Shotgun

Joolander on
  • PilgrimPilgrim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There really should have been some way to kill off Udina in this game, I hate that guy so much.

Pilgrim on
  • Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    gjaustin wrote: »
    I just used the default Male Shepard. My first try at making a character turned out terribly, so when I restarted to change classes I didn't even try to use the character editor.

I liked the looks of the Shepard I created on my first runthrough, but in one of the early teaser videos for ME2 one of the bodyguards in the Asari diplomat's board room looks just like him and gets killed like a bitch by Thane, so I'll probably roll a default Shepard through for my ME2 carryover game.

Dr. Worm on
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I did the default female Shepard all 3 times. And her names are all that of my friends' mothers' and wives' names.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • KanamitKanamit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I tried to make an ugly Shepard once and he turned out exactly like my (not particularly ugly) math Professor.

Kanamit on
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    mastman wrote: »
    I did the default female Shepard all 3 times. And her names are all that of my friends' mothers' and wives' names.

This thread is getting to me. Here's what that sentence ended up as in my head.
    I DID with the default female Shepard 3 times. But I was thinking of my friend's mothers and wives.

I need help.

gjaustin on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

That the character you make looks like one of your parents, and that you want to fuck it.

BlackDove on
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    *Trying to avoid all spoilers of the first game*

Should I play Mass Effect on the PC, or on the 360?

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Depends on if you want to pay for the first DLC or not.

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That's really the least of the considerations.

Improved graphics, controls, menus, etc. The PC version is far superior to the 360 version.

Had I not put in an absurd amount of time into my 360 Sheps, I probably would have migrated to the PC version a long time ago.

As it stands now I'll be getting 2/3 on the 360 too. Which I'm fine with as for ME2 at least they've said the squad controls/UI will behave the same and one won't be "the best" version.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I only played the 360, but I hear (from best friend) the PC version is better for load times, controls, graphics. But, also, make sure you use the system you want to carry over your character for ME2. The xbox version is still awesome, just if you do the PC version you get the standard PC benefits.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That's really the least of the considerations.

Improved graphics, controls, menus, etc. The PC version is far superior to the 360 version.

Had I not put in an absurd amount of time into my 360 Sheps, I probably would have migrated to the PC version a long time ago.

As it stands now I'll be getting 2/3 on the 360 too. Which I'm fine with as for ME2 at least they've said the squad controls/UI will behave the same and one won't be "the best" version.

Alright, I think I'll get it off Steam then.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I should really finish Mass Effect before 2 comes out.

Every time I sit down to play it I get lost in the game for hours, but then another backlog rental will plop on my doorstep or something new comes out blarrghfgdhgfh.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    gjaustin wrote: »

This thread is getting to me. Here's what that sentence ended up as in my head.
    I DID with the default female Shepard 3 times. But I was thinking of my friend's mothers and wives.

I need help.

Quads? :winky: D:

a5ehren on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I only played the 360, but I hear (from best friend) the PC version is better for load times, controls, graphics. But, also, make sure you use the system you want to carry over your character for ME2. The xbox version is still awesome, just if you do the PC version you get the standard PC benefits.

I played it through the first time on the 360 when it came out. Since it's being released on the PC at the same time this go around I'm currently replaying it on the PC. I liked the way the story worked out for me the last time so I'll be making mostly the same decisions.

Cabezone on
  • PilgrimPilgrim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can I get the achievement for a Hardcore playthrough even if I didn't set the difficulty to Hardcore before near the end of Eden Prime? I'm kind of confused here because I'm getting a lot of conflicting answers on other sites.

Pilgrim on
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    Payback for Robman and Khavall:

Guess where Mass Effect sit on the Mohs Scale Of Science Fiction Hardness? Right next to my favorite novel! Maybe that's why I like it so much.
    The programmers definitely have a great Sense Of Scale, as you traverse the galaxy via the Portal Network even with your mass effect drive. All the aliens speak English because of ubiquitous computers and translation software. The Rubber Forehead Aliens are in fact the most alien, with truly Bizarre Alien Biology. Everything else in the setting reflects realistic science, including accurate geography, geology, astrology, physics, alien biology, computing, and military tactics and strategy. Think of it as Planetes with a squishy eezo center, like a Everlasting Gobstopper.

Someone will like that comparison.

Dammit. You're a terrible human being. Don't link that here. I don't want to lose 3 hours of my life to that again.

Havelock on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pilgrim wrote: »
    Can I get the achievement for a Hardcore playthrough even if I didn't set the difficulty to Hardcore before near the end of Eden Prime? I'm kind of confused here because I'm getting a lot of conflicting answers on other sites.

Some people will tell you as long as you set it before you finish Eden Prime you're fine.

I would personally say that you should set it before touching down on Eden Prime and never changing it again, to be safe.

Eden Prime is extremely short; if you're worried I'd just start over TBH. I've heard of enough people who didn't get their Hardcore/Insanity achievements for whatever reason, that it'd be better to waste 20 minutes than 20 hours.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ProsperoProspero Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It is amazing how difficult they make it to find which store gets what pre-order incentive. Well, aside from GameStop.

Prospero on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Prospero wrote: »
    It is amazing how difficult they make it to find which store gets what pre-order incentive. Well, aside from GameStop.

pfft

they're obviously in all versions, i'll just go into the PC files and enable them like the achievement stuff. i'll be buying on steam of course, but screw store exclusivity.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • SeanOrangeSeanOrange Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    Payback for Robman and Khavall:

Guess where Mass Effect sit on the Mohs Scale Of Science Fiction Hardness? Right next to my favorite novel! Maybe that's why I like it so much.

HOYL CARP, I got stuck on that page (and a bunch of its referential links) for HOURS. :D

SeanOrange on
    sig_powet-director.pngsig_powet-powetcast.pngsig_powet-famicomdojo.pngsig_powet-keepplaying.png
  • Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A New Zealand site might have leaked the contents of the Collector's Edition.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-Games/Mass-Effect-2-Collectors-Edition/3243730/
    Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition includes:

* Dark Horse Comic Issue #1
    * Hardcover Art Book
    * Bonus DVD (content TBC)
    * 1 Exclusive In-Game item
    * Cerberus Network Membership Card
    * Tin Box

That seems to pass the smell test. I mean, that's pretty much what you would expect from a Mass Effect CE. And I doubt that site just made all that up.

Wet Bandit on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn, I'm torn.

Do I want the CE for the Cerberus Network Membership Card, or do I want to save money and not get things that will end up in the trunk of my car like my Fallout 3 bobblehead and tin box?

Extreaminatus on