As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The One Piece thread : Luffy vs Goku Chess match of the century!

1565758596062»

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »
    risumon wrote: »
    Also, any weekly spoilers out yet? I need my fix...

Suspected fake, but this is what we've got.
    Chapter 561 Luffy vs Hawkeye
    Luffy: I don't have time to face a strong guy like you right now!
    Whitebeard's division captain appears, and tells Luffy to leave it up to him.
    Mihawk knows the man as well.
    (Apprentice didn't say if this was Marco or not)

Luffy heads to Ace again.
    Sengoku starts the operation, and tells the marines to stop the broadcast to the world.
    Meanwhile, Crocodile rejects DoFlamingo's offer to team up, and instead attacks him.
    The chapter ends as Sentomaru shows up with the PX army.

Spoiler Speculations
    I was thinking that Sengoku would want to take this chance and use it to not only kill the son of Gold Roger, but also put an end to the great pirate era for good. I mean, with Whitebeard and his crew wiped out it wouldn't take long to take out the other three emperors. Of course there is the problem that the Navy isn't a match for even Whitebeard's crew. Then it hit me.

Pacifistas. Just how many of them are there? I think with enough they could give the Whitebeard pirates a run for their money. Maybe this battle is gonna end up as a total wipe out for the Whitebeard pirates, thus sparking a pirate hunt campaign destined to stamp out the age of pirates for good, thus turning the race for the one piece into a battle for survival.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone else having major problems with Funi's player? Haven't been able to get it to work for the past 2-3 weeks or so. Using firefox with adblock, even tried disabling adblock in case that was doing weird mojo. Any thoughts?

Go into tools --> Addons and manually disable adblock and restart firefox. It should work then.

Zerokku on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    darunia106 wrote: »

Sengoku starts the operation, and tells the marines to stop the broadcast to the world.
    Meanwhile, Crocodile rejects DoFlamingo's offer to team up, and instead attacks him.

Spoiler Speculations
    I was thinking that Sengoku would want to take this chance and use it to not only kill the son of Gold Roger, but also put an end to the great pirate era for good. I mean, with Whitebeard and his crew wiped out it wouldn't take long to take out the other three emperors. Of course there is the problem that the Navy isn't a match for even Whitebeard's crew. Then it hit me.

Pacifistas. Just how many of them are there? I think with enough they could give the Whitebeard pirates a run for their money. Maybe this battle is gonna end up as a total wipe out for the Whitebeard pirates, thus sparking a pirate hunt campaign destined to stamp out the age of pirates for good, thus turning the race for the one piece into a battle for survival.
    Yeah, I hate to step outside to this degree, but from a "big picture" perspective, the Marines kinda have to win. Now, it's been stated that the three forces (Shichibukai, Yonkou, Marines) are basically even, and that's largely because the Yonkou are in-fighting so much, to the point where Shanks and WB teaming up was such a significant deal.

The Shichibukai are basically at one half of what they originally were. Jimbei switched sides. So has Hancock. Blackbeard isn't here. If WB were to win, the Shichibukai and Marines would become a non-entity for the New World. Can't happen. Not only because of things like Mihawk plot immunity, but because while fighting other pirates would still be interesting, it doesn't maintain the "anti-establishment" motif which the series has held, leading to what will be the eventual confrontation with the WG and the missing century.

That being said, an army of Kumas is silly. My personal expectation? Marines have revived one of the ancient weapons. Now, whether it's going to be something along the lines of a "perfect" Pacifista, a huge warship ala Pluton, or something else altogether I don't know. My crazy guess? Blackbeard is going to come riding in on its helm and was sent to get it by the Marines - if you recall, he showed up to the call before going to Impel Down. But whether or not it's him, one of the ancient weapons is going to come into play here.

Jragghen on
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    darunia106 wrote: »

Spoiler Speculations

Yeah, I hate to step outside to this degree, but from a "big picture" perspective, the Marines kinda have to win. Now, it's been stated that the three forces (Shichibukai, Yonkou, Marines) are basically even, and that's largely because the Yonkou are in-fighting so much, to the point where Shanks and WB teaming up was such a significant deal.

The Shichibukai are basically at one half of what they originally were. Jimbei switched sides. So has Hancock. Blackbeard isn't here. If WB were to win, the Shichibukai and Marines would become a non-entity for the New World. Can't happen. Not only because of things like Mihawk plot immunity, but because while fighting other pirates would still be interesting, it doesn't maintain the "anti-establishment" motif which the series has held, leading to what will be the eventual confrontation with the WG and the missing century.

That being said, an army of Kumas is silly. My personal expectation? Marines have revived one of the ancient weapons. Now, whether it's going to be something along the lines of a "perfect" Pacifista, a huge warship ala Pluton, or something else altogether I don't know. My crazy guess? Blackbeard is going to come riding in on its helm and was sent to get it by the Marines - if you recall, he showed up to the call before going to Impel Down. But whether or not it's him, one of the ancient weapons is going to come into play here.
    I think the collapse of the marines might lead to some cool hooks - imagine Admirals turning pirate, the splintered remains of the world government each pursuing their own agena....but I don't think that's going to happen, just that it might be cool if it did.

I'm not sure the world government has an army of pacifistas. In Saobody someone mentioned that each one costs as much as a battleship, and while the world government has deep pockets I don't think they have that many pacifistas.

Pluton showing up I hadn't thought of and that might be the case. If the world government defeats Whitebeard AND has Pluton then they suddenly become an even more formidable enemy, and it becomes a race for one piece with the government in pursuit. It also gives new motive to figure out the deal with the poneglyphs, since the secret to defeating Pluton would likely be related to the lost history.

I don't think the marines would trust Blackbeard, or any of the Shichibukai, with retrieving an ancient weapon. That doesn't mean Blackbeard would be above trying to steal it if he knew they had it of course.

On something of a related note, does anyone know why none of the yonkou have made it to Raftel yet? I've heard that they're "stalemated" but that doesn't quite satisfy me as I don't see how it would stop them just racing from island to island. My best guess is that some islands in the new world take a long time for a log pose to locate, like years.

Yougottawanna on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pluton can't be built anymore guys. Franky burned up the plans.

I guess you forgot that extremely large detail in the greatest arc of the series.

Godfather on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

I guess you forgot that extremely large detail in the greatest arc of the series.
    Doesn't the original Pluton still exist though?

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    edited October 2009

Note that I didn't say Pluton itself. I said like it.

There's other Ancient Weapons.

Jragghen on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Like the two or three that Robin knows the location of...:P

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited October 2009

There were only two period.

Pluton was supposed to counter/balance out the other one.

Now it's a race to the finish to see who finds it first.

EDIT: The plans exists, the weapons themselves do not.

Godfather on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would not be surprised
    if Franky had it memorized

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Manga
    Didn't Blackbeard go to Impel Down to recruit Magellon? Wouldn't it also be feasible for him to let things go to hell for a bit and then ride in towards the end and attempt a coup over the WG while they're all tired from fighting?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

The other one then, which for some reason I think was called Poseidon? The WG could have found the plans offscreen.

Yougottawanna on
    edited October 2009

The other one then, which for some reason I think was called Poseidon? The WG could have found the plans offscreen.
    They only mention two by name thus far, but they never say that those are the only two. I was under the impression that there were others

Jragghen on
    edited October 2009

They only mention two by name thus far, but they never say that those are the only two. I was under the impression that there were others
    I think Poseiden was the first one out of the gate, and then they realized it's unstoppable power and countered it with Pluton, then never made anymore horrific weapons again.

Ten bucks says they came from the Blank Period of History.

Godfather on
    edited October 2009

I think Poseiden was the first one out of the gate, and then they realized it's unstoppable power and countered it with Pluton, then never made anymore horrific weapons again.

Ten bucks says they came from the Blank Period of History.
    Pulling from the wiki: Only 2 weapons are mentioned but were never shown. The Ancient Weapons known in the story so far are Pluton and Poseidon. Each weapon was constructed during the void century and so far all mentioned weapons were capable of extreme mass destruction, such as the complete destruction of entire islands.

We're not limited to two here. Only two mentioned

Jragghen on
    edited October 2009
    No way Jragghen you can't think that way that's just silly

What are you some kind of big silly

Godfather on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No way Jragghen you can't think that way that's just silly

What are you some kind of big silly

Yeah that is pretty silly.

Now Hancock joining the crew? That's just crazy.

:P

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    heeyooooooo
    I think the thing I would most like to see is Sengoku having some ulterior motive OTHER than actually killing Ace. Some convoluted plan to actually justify his title of the 'strategist'

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guys, Blackbeard is totally going to show out of nowhere and kill everyone.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
    edited October 2009
    Weekly spoilers, early ones weren't too far off.
    Cover image is Luffy eating bananas with monkey

Luffy vs Mihawk
    Mihawk's fierce attacks forces Luffy to back away further and further from Ace.
    Luffy can't attack, only thing he can imagine by doing so is to be sliced up.
    Mihawk smiles, noticing Luffy's gaining experience.

Scene changes to Croc
    Croc says something to the likes of "teaming up with you? don't make me laugh. Don't you mean, "please Mr Croc can I work under you?" Get lost Doflamingo!
    Croc creates a massive sandstorm, blowing away both Jozu and DoFlamingo.
    Buggy is caught in the sandstorm also and is blown away

Scene back to Luffy
    Two prisoners attack Mihawk, and says their names but I forgot them. (<- Nja's comment)
    Mihwak says the likes of "I don't remember names of fodders" and continues attacking Luffy
    Luffy finds Buggy up in the sky. "Gomu Gomu no JET scapegoat!"
    Switch places with Buggy, and now it's Buggy vs Mihawk

Buggy doesn't die even from getting sliced into bits, and he gets cocky and shoots a bomb at Mihawk.
    Mihawk hits the bomb back at Buggy, blowing him up.
    Luffy: BUGGGGYYYYYY!!! I will never forget you!!

Luffy gets back to heading to his brother, and Marco is watching him.
    Marco: Hey, back him up!
    Marco calls up the fifth division captain, Vista "The Sword Flower".

Mihwak vs Vista
    Vista: First time to meet you, good sir Hawkeye.
    Mihawk: You are the Whitebeard Pirates Fifth DIvision Captain Vista "The Sword Flower" are you not!?
    Vista: Oh, you know me?
    Mihawk: Of course I would....

Sengoku stops the broadcast
    Sengoku (If we broadcast this, the whole world might be against us... the only thing that needs to be broadcasted after is our victory)
    After that, huge army of PX shows up

End

Additional bits by Nja
    Oh, and Mihawk was shaking in joy from Luffy's power.
    He was thinking to himself Luffy may be the most powerful man on the sea, because he gains alliance and friends everywhere he goes, even his former enemies.

Jragghen on
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, we got Buggy vs. Mihawk, after all.

Also, Crocodile is badass. Uh-huh.

And Sengoku's big plan is a bunch of PXs? That's kinda... tame, really.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If true:

1) Awesome way for Luffy to deal with Mihawk. Honestly though, what else where you expecting with available resources/people near by?
    2) Croc man, way to not disappoint.
    3) I think the whole stopping the broadcast and PX thing would be more inline with human abuse/torture/cyborgs on the WG side. The world knows Impel Down exists, but do they know what goes on in there? Afterall, no one is released from the prison, you need a Marine Battleship to get there, and once there you stay there. I bet Sengoku just wants the PX to show up, put things in order and leave, resume broadcast and execute Ace while the pirates are all dead/ko'd and the WG Victorious. Any survivors who leave spread the "rumor" of the PX and the WG basically have an unkillable force to purge pirates on the sea.

Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    heeyooooooo
    I think the thing I would most like to see is Sengoku having some ulterior motive OTHER than actually killing Ace. Some convoluted plan to actually justify his title of the 'strategist'

Well, you are in luck.
    This shit is getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOO REAL.

This will work as a good excuse for why the world government is in the New World and kicking ass in it as someone mentioned.

Couscous on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    um...we have a new thread guys

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.