As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DS Gamers - Nintendogs

GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
edited August 2005 in PAX Archive
Is anyone else planning on getting Nintendogs and bringing it to PAX? It's only going to come out a few days before PAX but hopefully I'll get to bring my puppies around to play.

Oh come on, stop laughing at me. Puppies!

Puppies! Come on! :oops:

GeeCee on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I plan on getting it.

Hopefully before PAX.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I heard something about a deal where 3 old GBA games will get you Nintendogs at EB.

While I'm not very interested in Nintendogs myself, I find a deal like this hard to turn down.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I fly out on the wed. before PAX. I'm seriously hoping it will be in stores that tuesday so I can have it for the killer plane trip as well as PAX. Anyone know its expected in store date?

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    PaleZer0 wrote:
    I fly out on the wed. before PAX. I'm seriously hoping it will be in stores that tuesday so I can have it for the killer plane trip as well as PAX. Anyone know its expected in store date?

Release/Ship(?) date is monday the 22nd.

You know, you could always cancel a preorder if you have one and pick it up at an EB near PAX.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    PaleZer0 wrote:

I may gather up a group of DS gamers and do a "supertrip" down to EB to buy us all some Nintendogs.

Edit: no that doesn't mean im paying.

Edit: Which version will everyone be getting? I'm thinking of blue, since it has the type of dog I have in real life.

http://gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=263

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    PaleZer0 wrote:

I may gather up a group of DS gamers and do a "supertrip" down to EB to buy us all some Nintendogs.

Edit: no that doesn't mean im paying.

Edit: Which version will everyone be getting? I'm thinking of blue, since it has the type of dog I have in real life.

http://gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=263

Each version has all the dogs, I believe, some just come pre-unlocked and each version of the game has a different variety of pre-unlocked breeds.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I think all versions can support all of the dogs, cause thats how you play multiplayer (if you can call it that). But I'm pretty sure you can only use the dogs listed in that version unless you trade your dog or some crap.

It's Pokemon all over again...

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Why must golden retriever and lab retrievers be in different versions? :evil:

And why did EB charge me $10 more for the game than anyone else? :evil: :evil: :evil:

GeeCee on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I think all versions can support all of the dogs, cause thats how you play multiplayer (if you can call it that). But I'm pretty sure you can only use the dogs listed in that version unless you trade your dog or some crap.

No...You can either get them by playing with them or by getting enough money to buy them at the shop...You don't HAVE to collect 'em all.
    GeeCee wrote:

Why must you complain about something you already understand?
    And why did EB charge me $10 more for the game than anyone else?

How much did they charge you? O_o

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Legacy wrote:

No...You can either get them by playing with them or by getting enough money to buy them at the shop...You don't HAVE to collect 'em all.
    GeeCee wrote:

Why must you complain about something you already understand?
    And why did EB charge me $10 more for the game than anyone else?

How much did they charge you? O_o

I thought I might have been wrong regarding the different breeds of dogs.

EB charged me $51.29 canadian for the game, future shop and everywhere else is charging 39.99 + tax.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I forgot, Canadian money is that stuff we wipe our rumps with down here, you must have to use a lot more to get a piece of software. :lol:

Anyway, in all seriousness, this is good news. Now I can buy the blue version but still have a chance at getting a Husky (which I want more than any other dog, but the rest of the dogs on the red version are lame).

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    SlignotSlignot Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I'm getting the Lab & Friends version. (And cursing Nintendo for pusing Animal Crossing back to the 4th quarter without a hard date as yet.)

Slignot on
    5535a6a4.png
  • Options
    bionicbionic Washington StateRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    EB is supposed to get Nintendogs on the 23rd. I hope that it doesn't get pushed back because I'm excited to play at PAX.

Also, the three versions have their own dogs, I don't think you can have every dog on one version. I don't know exactly how the trading/playing thing works, but maybe you can keep dogs that aren't on your version by trading?

I'm also pretty sure that the price is $29.99 at my EB, unless I'm remembering very poorly, which would be bad since I work there.

Oh, and I'll be getting the Dachshund & Friends version :D, although the Chihuahua puppy is so adorable.

bionic on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    bionic wrote:
    EB is supposed to get Nintendogs on the 23rd. I hope that it doesn't get pushed back because I'm excited to play at PAX.

Also, the three versions have their own dogs, I don't think you can have every dog on one version. I don't know exactly how the trading/playing thing works, but maybe you can keep dogs that aren't on your version by trading?

I'm also pretty sure that the price is $29.99 at my EB, unless I'm remembering very poorly, which would be bad since I work there.

Oh, and I'll be getting the Dachshund & Friends version :D, although the Chihuahua puppy is so adorable.

Each of the versions have their own dogs, but you can unlock all the dogs in each version by either trading or getting enough moneys.

Legacy on
  • Options
    Shin AtariShin Atari Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Does anyone else have any of the Japanese versions of Nintendogs?

I don't know if the US and JAP versions can link up...I doubt it though :(

Shin Atari on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    bionic wrote:

I'll probably go for that one as well, I have to start with a Huskey, I have no choice in the matter (even though I have a Yorkie IRL). I'll want the Chihuahua eventually too though, so I'll have to pay out for it :(

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I'm pissed off. It's not going to be in stores here in Canadia until Wednesday, the 24th.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    GeeCee wrote:
    I'm pissed off. It's not going to be in stores here in Canadia until Wednesday, the 24th.

Then buy it here.

There's a Toys-R-Us nearby...

And I just got Dachshund & Friends. Yay!

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Oh, EB called me and I raced down to the mall on my lunch at work. Now I have Nintendogs but need to pick up my DS from my friend though.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    i've got mine! i'll definitely be bringing it to pax. i predict we'll all have every breed unlocked by meeting the other puppies during pax.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I don't know if I will have it before PAX. Maybe I will go buy it during the show...

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    I'll have a Labrador with me.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    If I somehow get it tomorrow, I will have a Huskey.

TrainwreckX on