As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scarab is giving away some games to good people. Inquire within.

The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Games and Technology
Scarab is away in China - of all places - but he left instructions for me to give away a bunch of his stuff before he gets back (he's moving).

[IT'S ALL GONE]

The_Scarab on

• InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh god Boom Blox fuck yeah. I wish the guy with the Wii hadn't moved out of the house, or I'd be all up in that shit =(

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    For some reason I get the mental image of The_Scarab coming home from a long trip to find an empty house and screaming "Where the fuck is my shit?"

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • 12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Spore would be quite nice, as I haven't played it, but honestly, I would not have the time to play it anyway. Nice idea of yours though :^:

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was all ready to shoot off a PM for Boom Blox...

But then I remembered REGION ENCODING. Oh well. I'll be able to find a copy in a bargain bin someplace in New York.

MechMantis on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The Scarab is awesome! He sent me Uncharted 2, admittedly when it arrived I'd already bought it though, so I passed on the good will by giving it to a friend who has:

a) Lost their job
    b) Just had a child
    c) Is getting married next year

So they can barely afford food, nevermind games. They were very appreciative. So thank you kind Mr Scarab :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This is so awesome of you. (Well, Scarab that is.)

donhonk on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gyral wrote: »
    For some reason I get the mental image of The_Scarab coming home from a long trip to find an empty house and screaming "Where the fuck is my shit?"

This is exactly what I am thinking.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All the profits go to his husbands mistress.

Leitner on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I assure you, this is not the case. I am his flatmate and he gave specific instructions before he left.

If the mods believe this is a scam then I guess they can lock this thread. But I urge them not to. As Mr_Grinch said, Scarab has given away stuff before. He is doing so now. He's moving in with his girlfriend, and the situation arose to give away a bunch of games he will no longer need. It just so happened that he left for Singapore a week ago and when he gets back they're going right into the new flat.

The_Scarab on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would say yes to Killzone 2 but I've already had Uncharted 2, so I'll put my hat in the ring if no-one else wants it :) I don't want to be greedy!

Remember overseas folk, PS3 games are region free.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

I assure you, this is not the case. I am his flatmate and he gave specific instructions before he left.

If the mods believe this is a scam then I guess they can lock this thread. But I urge them not to. As Mr_Grinch said, Scarab has given away stuff before. He is doing so now. He's moving in with his girlfriend, and the situation arose to give away a bunch of games he will no longer need. It just so happened that he left for Singapore a week ago and when he gets back they're going right into the new flat.

Not to worry. I have no doubt this is on the up-and-up. It's totally the kinda thing The_Scarab would do. But it doesn't stop me from imaging an 80's comedy flick ending to the scenario when everything he owns is gone when he gets back. :)

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    edited October 2009

Not to worry. I have no doubt this is on the up-and-up. It's totally the kinda thing The_Scarab would do. But it doesn't stop me from imaging an 80's comedy flick ending to the scenario when everything he owns is gone when he gets back. :)

The 80s comedy flick scenario here is that all his pre-loaded or pre-ordered games on Steam are coming out while he is out of the country. And his PC is a file server for the building, so it has to be on. So when he gets back, he will somehow, through mysterious elves creeping into our apartment, have a level 45 soldier in Borderlands, a 14 level mage in Dragon Age and three new hats in TF2. :lol:

The_Scarab on
    edited October 2009
    Uncharted : Drake's Fortune and NWN have been called for.

The_Scarab on
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would love to have a copy of Killzone 2, if it is acceptable

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd really like to have the Spore : Galactic Edition, if it's alright with you.

Biosys on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    When will Scarab be back?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

She's totally making him throw stuff away. You can't tell me otherwise. <.<

Henroid on
    edited October 2009
    Hello. All titles have been claimed. Sorry to those who did not get anything, I had to abide by my first come rule to be fairest.

Please don't send anymore PMs.
    Thanks for the kind words though.

Of course some bastard living in bumblefuck, USA had to claim Spore Galactic Edition, which is going to be a whore to ship internationally.

But as I said, I'll cover all costs, this is a generous giveaway on the internet. A rare thing. Bask in its golden glow.

Happy Halloween everyone.

PS: She totally is making him throw away all his stuff. Which fortunately means I get the TV!

The_Scarab on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The real important question is: Is Scarab coming back to the forums, or his wife will take even that away from him?

We're kinda gonna miss him. A bit.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I'll miss Scarab. He always seemed pretty cool from the few posts I've read of him. Team Old World won't be the same.

Kazaka on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I would organize a search party across seas to find Scarab and kick him in the nuts to remind him they're still his, and make him come back to the forum!

But nah he's probably away in Scanda-wherever for the moment.

Henroid on
  • LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Of course some bastard living in bumblefuck, USA
    Coincidentally, when I moved here from PA, I called it 'bum-fuck-nowhere', so its about the same thing. I'd be happy to reimburse the shipping price, just let me know how.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Leonius wrote: »
    Coincidentally, when I moved here from PA, I called it 'bum-fuck-nowhere', so its about the same thing.

To be fair, Ozark is a prime example of bum-fuck. Not that I don't like the town, I got family all over that part of Missouri, let's see cousins in Ozark (one of which has been Mayor for awhile), an aunt in Springfield, aunt and uncle in Nixa, etc...I've got deep roots in them there woods.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited November 2009
    Kazaka wrote: »
    Man, I'll miss Scarab. He always seemed pretty cool from the few posts I've read of him. Team Old World won't be the same.

Team Old World is our TF2 clan. It consists of two people, me and him.

Also he is coming back.

Also Leonius don't fret, not only will I cover shipping but I've already sent it. It wasn't expensive at all. Mainly because while the box is big, and the art book expansive, it doesn't weigh a lot.

The_Scarab on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Scarab is a class act.

SirUltimos on
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Leonius wrote: »
    Coincidentally, when I moved here from PA, I called it 'bum-fuck-nowhere', so its about the same thing.

To be fair, Ozark is a prime example of bum-fuck. Not that I don't like the town, I got family all over that part of Missouri, let's see cousins in Ozark (one of which has been Mayor for awhile), an aunt in Springfield, aunt and uncle in Nixa, etc...I've got deep roots in them there woods.

Wow, pretty sure you're the first person in all the years I've frequented these forums that I've seen that lives in KCMO. I had taken the lack of PA KC peoples as a perfect reason why I should leave this place as soon as possible. Admittedly, I'd take just about any reason to leave this place and never look back, though.

Dourin on
    edited November 2009
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Scarab is a class act.

smxcb7.jpg

A big bag of parcels to America.

To those who are receiving, could you swing a PM over this way when it arrives.

Also, normal Scarab service will resume in a month or so when he gets back.

That is all. We're done here.

The_Scarab on