As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uncharted 2 : Seriously.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    David_T wrote: »
    Or Bruce Campbell

No. Stop it.

But he would be wonderful. Sam Axe from Burn Notice is pretty much Sully to a T and Bruce Campbell is great there.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    jclast wrote: »
    Or Bruce Campbell

No. Stop it.

But he would be wonderful. Sam Axe from Burn Notice is pretty much Sully to a T and Bruce Campbell is great there.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. "Who in cinema / TV is most like Sully... hmmm... ohhhhh!"

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sam Axe would never bring a hooker to church.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are you kidding me? He totally would.

"El Goddamn Dorado"

Just picture it. It works. Aw yeah.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    With the world wide appeal of Uncharted you'd think that some of the Fortune Hunter Editions would have been set aside for giveaways outside the US.

Playstation blog says "Fuck you World."
    Kotaku says "Fuck you World... sorry."
    Some guy on Ebay says "Hey World, want a FH Edition!... $3500!"
    World says "Fuck you guy".

C'est la vie I guess.

MuttonChops on
    muttonchops.png
  • Options
    pennies2dollarspennies2dollars Registered User new member
    edited October 2009
    skipped the demo and am all about the game (although co-op needs more than 3 maps!)

pennies2dollars on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Or Bruce Campbell

No. Stop it.

I might not have agreed were it not for Burn Notice, but yeah, Bruce Campbell is basically playing Sully already and doing a damn fine job of it.

Bruce Willis, on the other hand, I cannot see at all as Sully.

And this reminds me that last night when I went to check my email there was a link on the Yahoo main page to a slideshow on celebrities with video game lookalikes. Relevant to this thread... :P

Ketar on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm pleasantly surprised by how deep, fun & robust the multiplayer is. The couple of games I've played have been on pubs and I haven't had any problems. Still, even though I don't have a headset and am sitting in India, I'd love to play a couple of rounds with fellow PAers.

So could I get an invite to the chat room? ID is muddywater009. I just touched level 8.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Add me to the list, PSN is Fathom216.

Urian on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Honestly havn't seen too many using the chat room lately. Maybe I'm just not playing at peak times but I sent you a psn friend request so that you can be added.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was in the chat room by my lonesome for a couple hours last night. Not sure if I'll be on tonight.

Yay for my first platinum. I don't feel guilty at all for cheesin' the end-boss :P

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Malechai wrote: »
    Honestly havn't seen too many using the chat room lately. Maybe I'm just not playing at peak times but I sent you a psn friend request so that you can be added.

Everytime I've gone on, there's been 3 or 4 people in the chat room. They don't always reply right away, but that's because they are in the middle of a match.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think a lot of people are playing Borderlands and various other new games that are coming out. I know when everyone was finishing up single player, a lot of "regulars" were off playing Brutal Legend. It's probably going to be rough for a lot of multiplayer. I've been busy this week due to illness and school stuff on top of catching up at work, and I imagine it'll be slow this weekend due to halloween parties as well. And then Dragon Age comes out.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Double cash weekend and an update:
    The next time you start up UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves you will be required to download an update to the game (Japan and Asia regions — your update will be available next week).
    Here’s the list of (most of) the changes we made. Some changes have been withheld to protect the innocent.

Addressed respawn points when the artifact goes out of bounds in the Plunder gametype
    Dynamically adjust the win condition for fewer players during the course of a match
    Added features to deter players from voluntarily leaving during a match
    Added rate limit to “When a Chapter is Completed” Twitter event
    Fixed a display issue during letterboxing
    Fixed Danish Trophy description
    Fixed screenshot utility in standard definition resolutions
    Fixed the “Players Met” list not displaying recent players
    Addressed a variety of Multiplayer connectivity issues
    BUT, that’s not all…

With Halloween on the horizon, we wanted to take this spooky occasion to announce that this weekend is also our first ever Double Cash Weekend in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. The Double Cash Weekend starts on Friday, October 30, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST and continues until Monday, November 2, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST.
    In every match during Double Cash Weekend, you’ll be getting twice the Cash award you normally would for completing typical game actions – not medal-related currency awards – giving everyone a leg up in increasing their Rank for a limited time. That means this weekend is the perfect time to hop on to our Competitive and Co-op Multiplayer modes – whether you’re just a few levels away from the vaunted ‘X’ or this is just your first time online.

A bunch of Naughty Dogs will also be playing this weekend, so be on the lookout for the red Naughty Dog paw next to our PSN ID in the game and feel free to say hi, ask any questions or shoot at our characters. Stay sharp! There might be something spooky around the next corner…

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Double cash weekend and an update:
    The next time you start up UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves you will be required to download an update to the game (Japan and Asia regions — your update will be available next week).
    Here’s the list of (most of) the changes we made. Some changes have been withheld to protect the innocent.

Addressed respawn points when the artifact goes out of bounds in the Plunder gametype
    Dynamically adjust the win condition for fewer players during the course of a match
    Added features to deter players from voluntarily leaving during a match
    Added rate limit to “When a Chapter is Completed” Twitter event
    Fixed a display issue during letterboxing
    Fixed Danish Trophy description
    Fixed screenshot utility in standard definition resolutions
    Fixed the “Players Met” list not displaying recent players
    Addressed a variety of Multiplayer connectivity issues
    BUT, that’s not all…

With Halloween on the horizon, we wanted to take this spooky occasion to announce that this weekend is also our first ever Double Cash Weekend in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. The Double Cash Weekend starts on Friday, October 30, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST and continues until Monday, November 2, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST.
    In every match during Double Cash Weekend, you’ll be getting twice the Cash award you normally would for completing typical game actions – not medal-related currency awards – giving everyone a leg up in increasing their Rank for a limited time. That means this weekend is the perfect time to hop on to our Competitive and Co-op Multiplayer modes – whether you’re just a few levels away from the vaunted ‘X’ or this is just your first time online.

A bunch of Naughty Dogs will also be playing this weekend, so be on the lookout for the red Naughty Dog paw next to our PSN ID in the game and feel free to say hi, ask any questions or shoot at our characters. Stay sharp! There might be something spooky around the next corner…

Well maybe this will get people to stop playing border lands and pass the Idol around. I'll admit for a while there I was having way too much fun with the Brutal Legend multi player. I think I'm done with that game though till baron spam gets fixed.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'll definitely be on sometime today and probably Sunday then for sure. Can't be on Saturday, as I have a big party to go to. See you guys on.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Game updated (I like the villain halloween skins). Midway through first match my PS3 suffers a complete lockdown. Not a good sign?

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I wish my copy arrived in the mail so I don't have to wait and hear about everyone else talking about it.

What is this strange package in the mailbox today?

OH MY YES.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    BrymBrym Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Difficulty spikes are just part of the series.

For me, "the first one sucked in the same way" isn't a defense. :lol: One of the ways that Uncharted 2 improves upon the first game is that the difficulty spikes are fewer, and more concentrated towards the end. But it'd still be better with a smoother difficulty curve.

Brym on
  • Options
    BrymBrym Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    It's always gone for a natural look over brightly coloured handholds.

There are ways to make it look realistic but still be obvious. A great example comes from within Uncharted 2 itself - once you get to the snowy mountain areas, the handholds are much more easily seen. But in the jungle, it's a muddled mess. The snowy areas show that you can do high contrast without unrealistic bright colors.

Making them difficult to spot doesn't enhance realism either. The problem is that there are a number of things in the game that look like they should be climbable, but aren't. How do you tell what rocks you can grab? You make them have higher contrast with the background wall. The game does this well in the snowy areas, and poorly in the jungle.

Brym on
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Or Bruce Campbell

No. Stop it.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. "Who in cinema / TV is most like Sully... hmmm... ohhhhh!"

Sully always reminded me of J.K Simmons.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Analrapist wrote: »
    Or Bruce Campbell

No. Stop it.

No, he was born to play J. Jonah Jameson.

And he did it.

And it was awesome.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That WAS awesome.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    As much fun as the party system is with people, it kind of ruins the fun when you have to play by yourself. They should put a warning when you go into matchmaking without a party of 4 or 5 that says "Warning: You're probably about to get stomped. We suggest you gather up your finest lubes and bend over before continuing. Are you sure you really want to play?" And partying up should just be labeled "Pubstomp"

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I think mostly because it's more likely that a group all has mics. I mean, when we get a group of 4-5 PAers together, we typically win -- partly because most of us have mics. And then all those randoms end up teamed against us ;D

I'll probably be on tonight for shooting some mans.

EggyToast on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man where are you guys, we get double monies! We also are apparently all playing with Halloween skins...

EggyToast on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'll probably be on in an hour or so.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll hop in in an hour or so. If I don't play Katamari instead.

Houn on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey can someone invite uselesstomorrow into a game? I suck slightly less then "bad" and need some good solid deathmatching to get better.

useless4 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Jumping on right now eggy.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just started play co-op survival. Wow is that fun.

Algertman on
  • Options
    DesertChickenDesertChicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I need people to play with, can I get an invite to the chatroom?

DesertChicken on
    PSN/XBLA/SteamID- DesertChicken
    LoL - Renon DeSaxous
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kinda behind the curve on this, I know, but that convoy sequence is easily the best thing I've ever seen in a game.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If someone doesn't get to you before tomorrow Desert, I'll add you and get you in

Good games tonight guys! I love how when we get 5 PAers together, we almost always pull out a win ;D

EggyToast on
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Loving the halloween skins.
    They also seem to of fixed the disconnection issues?
    I hated them so much after the first few days of playing I resubscribed to WoW for a few weeks and then I came back to Uncharted and everythings working great :D

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wow some great games tonight. Managed to move from 24 to 28.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow

Okay, i need to start playing with you guys. I've been getting steam rolled.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Analrapist wrote: »
    Or Bruce Campbell

No. Stop it.

No, he was born to play J. Jonah Jameson.

And he did it.

And it was awesome.

Nathan Filion IS Nathan drake. I just wonder if hes young enough to do all that climbing.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Was going to go to a big Halloween party today but I guess I get pinkeye instead. So I'll probably be shooting some mans tonight and getting my double cash. Hopefully there are more people home for Halloween that want to party up.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Pinkeye? Obviously you need to go as Skelzor.

l337CrappyJack on
This discussion has been closed.