As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borderlands: Shoot zombies on Nov. 24 for consoles and unknown date for PC.

• Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah but you could just play with the random number generator in excel and have just as much fun, minus the loadtimes!

tofu on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Speaking of "Here's where cars live!", have I mentioned how endearing it is (to me, anyway) that this game is set on a planet populated almost entirely by lunatics and morons?

It's like Idiocracy meets Tank Girl.

Crap, now I need to rename my Roland "President Camacho".

The total lack of normal people is the best thing about Pandora.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Im currently level 45 with Brick... I have two Helix style rocket launchers ( one fire one acid ) that do 606x3 damage with one rocket, 88.7 and 93.1 accuracy ( the lesser being the acid one ), and im running a Bombadier class mod, while specced for rocket usage.

I can fire 11 rockets before either of my rocket launchers is empty, and i have 64 rockets to shoot.

I literally blow the shit out of anything in my path. The game feels like its on easy mode. Plus im specced with damage resistance on kill and explosive resistance, so that after i kill someone im immune to my own rocket damage.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Speaking of "Here's where cars live!", have I mentioned how endearing it is (to me, anyway) that this game is set on a planet populated almost entirely by lunatics and morons?

Man, I always thought the plethora of vagina monsters was the best thing about Pandora.

Or maybe it was the worst, I forget...

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ugh, I finally found a white shield that was better than the one I've been using since level 8.

Maybe one of these days a chest or a mob will actually drop one with some mods.

Kivutar on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    This is just spring on Pandora. An expansion pack will be set in summer, which is when the phallic monsters come out.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ampix wrote: »
    Man, all this talk about the New Haven chest run made me think it was super special.

It's only six chests :(

I did an hour of chest runs last night, for gear for myself and my buddy. First playthrough.

I made four hundred thousand dollars and filled up my inventory with useful guns, like a 211 damage x3 corrosive sniper rifle that my friend uses nearly exclusively now, good shields, and class mods.

New Haven chest runs are awesome.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Man, I always thought the plethora of vagina monsters was the best thing about Pandora.

Or maybe it was the worst, I forget...

The Gelgamek vagina is three feet wide and filled with razor-sharp teeth! Do you really expect us to have sex with that?!

Hmm so if i'm gonna hit around 33 with my siren at the end of my first playthrough(32 now and i think it's almost done) I'm assuming I'll hit 50 a decent deal through the 2nd playthrough?

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I also have a revolver that does 212x7 damage a shot with 6 rounds, and a 2.1 fire rate. Its a lovely item to fall back on when im out of rocket ammo.

Seriously all you guys keep talking about these low level guns. Wait until you get into your second playthrough. You will have guns that will make you orgasm with each shot.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MorrandirMorrandir Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmm so if i'm gonna hit around 33 with my siren at the end of my first playthrough(32 now and i think it's almost done) I'm assuming I'll hit 50 a decent deal through the 2nd playthrough?

I'm nearly 46, and I just reached New Haven on my second playthrough. I also have a tendency to do every single quest I can find, if that helps you ballpark it.

Morrandir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Finally a new thread. I was going to do one once I got off work if no one had fixed that yet. Wooo no need now...

Time to go murder some BadMutha Hardened Alpha Shock Skags D:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I just got into the rust commons and im level 45. Also i play nothing but co op.

Skagzilla was fun the second time through. Learned that he shrugs off rockets. But my combat rifle with unlimited ammo got the job done... eventually.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_MasterplanThe_Masterplan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    28 hunter looking for a PA'er to coop w/ RITE NAO.. send an invite to BurnMage or post here w/ your gamespy id and I'll try to find you

The_Masterplan on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They need to make a sequel where scooter is the guardian angel.

"yer gonna meet this little robot. And by "little robot" I mean "asshole who wrecked my momma's girl parts""

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Drswords wrote: »
    I just got into the rust commons and im level 45. Also i play nothing but co op.

Skagzilla was fun the second time through. Learned that he shrugs off rockets. But my combat rifle with unlimited ammo got the job done... eventually.

My co-op buddy and I found Skagzilla easier than normal alpha skags, actually. He never hit either of us.

But we're on the first playthrough, dunno if his AI gets boosted on the 2nd.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Trying out Brick and while it's fun as hell to punch people to death after Roland and Lilith he feels so.....fragile.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Trying out Brick and while it's fun as hell to punch people to death after Roland and Lilith he feels so.....fragile.

You're joking, right?

The first skill points that you get to distribute can, and should, go into making you have twice the survivability of anyone else.

Not to mention, Berserk is like a free heal if you aren't in the middle of a fight, and an "I win" button if you are.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Out of curiosity, when did everyone start seeing their first oranges?

Kivutar on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kivutar wrote: »

About level 10 I scraped one off a chest.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Took me til lvl 20 ish to get one.

Also, I'm the same way Morrandir. Not sure if I'll do everything the second time around though.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

I didn't see one until about 5 minutes before I hit the final boss on my first playthrough D:

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Level 18 and I haven't seen anything above blue. Even the blue ones are few and far between at this point. Most things are green.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Are you hitting all the chests? Those always give the best loot for me.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Barrabas wrote: »
    Level 18 and I haven't seen anything above blue. Even the blue ones are few and far between at this point. Most things are green.

You get a purple SMG from Bone Head. Nine-Toes' repeater might be purple.

You have much better luck finding good random loot in chests early on than from drops.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

I didn't see one until about 5 minutes before I hit the final boss on my first playthrough D:

eh, guess I'm lucky. It was a Vladof Blast Shotgun with a "Drop the hammer!" mod. Still using it for Spiderant killing.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »

You're joking, right?

The first skill points that you get to distribute can, and should, go into making you have twice the survivability of anyone else.

Not to mention, Berserk is like a free heal if you aren't in the middle of a fight, and an "I win" button if you are.

...what.

+60 percent health, +40 percent shields, damage resistance AND regenerating health while berserking...

I think you're doing something wrong.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shit, you guys are killing my photobucket account! Is imageshack better? I'll rehost the chest run pics here when I get a chance.

pantsy on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Barrabas wrote: »

You get a purple SMG from Bone Head. Nine-Toes' repeater might be purple.

You have much better luck finding good random loot in chests early on than from drops.

Were those purple? They might have been. I had better stuff then them (well better than the 4 lines I could see) and sold them off pretty quick. I might not have noticed.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Phasewalk is a free heal when you are in the middle of a fight though. Lilith may not have the straight up tanking ability of Brick or even Roland, but she probably has the highest survivability, at least when specced for it.

Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dudes, I need some help!

I am attempting to use the guide provided in the OP to let me see more than 4 item bonuses on an item! I go into the Borderlands folder, into WillowGame, but from there I have no Localization folder to go into, only Logs and Config! I tried to search for gd_globals.INT and found nothing, but searching for gd_globals led me to the WillowEngine txt file in Config. There was nothing in there that looked like
    AttributePresentationTranslation="$NUMBER$ $CONSTRAINT$ $DESCRIPTION$"

though!

I have the Steam version if it helps any - I just like the sound of 5 lines of bonuses, and would like to get me one!

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lilith definitely seems more survivable than Roland at any rate. My friend, who is no slouch, dies semi regularly whereas I pretty much never die if I'm paying attention(as Lilith)

Elementalor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Phasewalk is a free heal when you are in the middle of a fight though. Lilith may not have the straight up tanking ability of Brick or even Roland, but she probably has the highest survivability, at least when specced for it.

Lilith is consistently the one who dies the least in any co-op game I've been in. Mostly because using Phasewalk makes your enemies start attacking your teammates instead of you, which leads to hilarious deaths when a Badass Psycho sneaks up behind your team.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dudes, I need some help!

I am attempting to use the guide provided in the OP to let me see more than 4 item bonuses on an item! I go into the Borderlands folder, into WillowGame, but from there I have no Localization folder to go into, only Logs and Config! I tried to search for gd_globals.INT and found nothing, but searching for gd_globals led me to the WillowEngine txt file in Config. There was nothing in there that looked like
    AttributePresentationTranslation="$NUMBER$ $CONSTRAINT$ $DESCRIPTION$"

though!

I have the Steam version if it helps any - I just like the sound of 5 lines of bonuses, and would like to get me one!

Steam/steamapps/common/borderlands/WillowGame/Localization

edit: phasewalking away is for babies. Real men solve their problems with more rage.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Lilith is consistently the one who dies the least in any co-op game I've been in. Mostly because using Phasewalk makes your enemies start attacking your teammates instead of you, which leads to hilarious deaths when a Badass Psycho sneaks up behind your team.

Lilith does have the best survivability, because she's the best at running away. Calling Brick fragile is just silly though as no one can stay in the middle of the fray nearly as long as he can.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lilith definitely seems more survivable than Roland at any rate. My friend, who is no slouch, dies semi regularly whereas I pretty much never die if I'm paying attention(as Lilith)

I agree. My friend is mediocre at best, but his Lilith walks through everything, whereas, I consider myself above competent, play Roland, and go down easily. Pride before the fall and all that.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm just saying if you go from playing Lilith to playing Brick you're going to be dying a lot more than you're used to

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Pfff Liliths who run away are chumps. The only reason to stay in phasewalk is to regen! Otherwise *BOOMBOOMBULLETSINALLVITALSPOTS* and everything is dead.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm just saying if you go from playing Lilith to playing Brick you're going to be dying a lot more than you're used to

I completely fail to see how this is the case.

Unless I'm like, asleep at the keyboard, I have yet to find a situation where enemies can overpower my health regen during berserk, and with the right class mods there is close to no downtime.

Brick is just like a punching machine of invulnerability. The bosses I had difficulty with on other characters were a joke. I just punched them until they stopped moving. I'm actually starting to get a little bored with how easy it's been.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Verr wrote: »

I agree. My friend is mediocre at best, but his Lilith walks through everything, whereas, I consider myself above competent, play Roland, and go down easily. Pride before the fall and all that.

I rarely go down with Roland unless I fuck up a turret placement and once I picked up Stat I pretty much didn't.

I focused on the first tree for Brick and that may be part of the problem. I really think some of it is Beserk gets me into trouble where the turret or phasewalk gets me out of it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Steam/steamapps/common/borderlands/WillowGame/Localization

edit: phasewalking away is for babies. Real men solve their problems with more rage.

Much obliged!

p.s. Phasewalking away is not how one Phasewalks. One Phasewalks to get from bandit to bandit so that a hearty explosion of acid marks one's passage through the world.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.