As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NHL 10 - USA gets silver; Crosby is still a bitch

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    We lost our floor hockey game 5-3. Was a close game. I was out for like one goal against. Our guy passed very slowly back to the point and the guy read it (one of if not the fastest guy in the league) and he had a step on me and, well, yea. He flubbed a shot but it went five hole.

I got an assist on a pass to my D partner who took a slap shot for a goal. I also had 2-3 nice shots on net that could've went in. Being sick didn't help. We had a two week break, so it was nice to get back to playing. Now to get rid of this fucking sickness and get a goal next week.

I am here all night (after the Phillies game). I will join up in the goalie league after this Phillies game and if anyone wants to play in either league, let me know.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS! *dudududududu DUHHH... DUN DUN*

In the EASHL today, the New York Islanders took both games of a home-and-home against the Tampa Bay Lightning to improve to 11-2-2 on the season. Head coach Remlap had this to say:

"You know the boys out there gave it their all. It was tough going against arguably the best team in the league and we just persevered, gave 110% and came out of it with 4 points."

The win was marked by extremely solid goaltending once again by Dwayne Roloson, who after sitting on the bench for the first 2 games of the year, has gone on a tear, posting a 10-3 record with a 1.00 GAA and a league leading 5 shutouts. Another trend that continued for the Islanders was scoring throughout the lineup. 10 different players had points in the 2 wins, with the 4 goals coming from 3 separate lines.

With those 2 wins the Islanders now sit in first place in the PAL. However, the Lightning, coached by CCF, are just 3 points back with 2 games in hand. The Boston Bruins are also seen to be contenders, sitting at 6-0-2 so far this year. The Islanders must hope to at the very least get points in both those games if they hope to stay in the hunt for the Mayor's Cup, and first place in the playoffs.

And the Dallas Stars don't get a mention? How soon we forget sir who gave you a pair of losses, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited November 2009
    Getting settled in a few. Gonna sign up for the goalie league and be on for whoever to play me.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    BREAKING NEWS! *dudududududu DUHHH... DUN DUN*

In the EASHL today, the New York Islanders took both games of a home-and-home against the Tampa Bay Lightning to improve to 11-2-2 on the season. Head coach Remlap had this to say:

"You know the boys out there gave it their all. It was tough going against arguably the best team in the league and we just persevered, gave 110% and came out of it with 4 points."

The win was marked by extremely solid goaltending once again by Dwayne Roloson, who after sitting on the bench for the first 2 games of the year, has gone on a tear, posting a 10-3 record with a 1.00 GAA and a league leading 5 shutouts. Another trend that continued for the Islanders was scoring throughout the lineup. 10 different players had points in the 2 wins, with the 4 goals coming from 3 separate lines.

With those 2 wins the Islanders now sit in first place in the PAL. However, the Lightning, coached by CCF, are just 3 points back with 2 games in hand. The Boston Bruins are also seen to be contenders, sitting at 6-0-2 so far this year. The Islanders must hope to at the very least get points in both those games if they hope to stay in the hunt for the Mayor's Cup, and first place in the playoffs.

And the Dallas Stars don't get a mention? How soon we forget sir who gave you a pair of losses, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....

That is very true. 2 of my 4 losses are against the Piz man.. Hmm indeed..

remlap13 on
    edited November 2009
    Remlap, I want Tavares and Tambellini.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited November 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »

K what do you want to give me for em? They've been 2 of my best players the past few games. Tavares is finally starting to come into his own haha.

remlap13 on
    edited November 2009

K what do you want to give me for em? They've been 2 of my best players the past few games. Tavares is finally starting to come into his own haha.

Not sure. I'll have to look eventually.

Tube, you got next. :winky:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited November 2009
    Yo, in the goalie league, who wants Price? I can't have that schmuck manning the pipes for me! Any and all deals will be considered!

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited November 2009
    Yo, in the goalie league, who wants Price? I can't have that schmuck manning the pipes for me! Any and all deals will be considered!

I'll take him. I'll give you Huet.

remlap13 on
  • Hey AshtrayHey Ashtray Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I started a game with wild, sorry! I'm so impatient.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009

I'll give you Giguere!

edit: Fucking Tubesteak. Couldn't just wait. Haha.

Nice game, Chucksteak. I uploaded an awesome picture of Backstrom ready to score his goal. Heh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited November 2009

I'll give you Giguere!

Nice game, Chucksteak. I uploaded an awesome picture of Backstrom ready to score his goal. Heh.

DAMN! He's offering the better Frenchman.

EDIT: WAIT! He's offering a fake Quebec Frenchman. I'm offering the real deal. Straight from across the Atlantic. That means hes better.

remlap13 on
    edited November 2009

I'll give you Giguere!

DEAL! Even though Halak went 12/13 in his first game ... and tuber's team missed the net on umpteen chances.

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited November 2009
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO foiled again..

remlap13 on
    edited November 2009
    4071372518_638cf8eca8.jpg

Chucksteak scoring on me to tie the game.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited November 2009
    4071372518_638cf8eca8.jpg

Holy piss that net is oooooooooooooooooopen

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited November 2009
    snip

Holy piss that net is oooooooooooooooooopen

Yea. I fucked up hitting him at the point with Souray, turned into Hemsky, and wound up with three of my guys chasing him, him shooting, and him getting the rebound.

edit: This was the player league, not goalie league.

edit: Tube, that is what you get for making me wait two games. 8-)

edit: I fucking love going to bed just before 4am and sleeping for maybe 2 hours and waking up to fucking coughing that doesn't let me sleep. FUCKING LOVE IT. This is hockey related beause I am watching a replay of the Flyers-Lightning game. *sigh*

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That was a fun game to watch.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited November 2009
    No swine, just bronchitis. :?

edit: Oh, and apparently I went from 5'11 to 5'10. Haha. Scale wasn't to nice to me either. Ugh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yay I ended my losing streak at 3.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Know what sucks? Injuries. Michael Grabner fractured his ankle playing warm up soccer. Here's the Canucks lineup. Anyone in red, is injured. Anyone in brackets is a call up.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
    Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
    Demitra (Grabner) (Glass) - Wellwood - Bernier
    Rypien - Johnson (Bolduc) Pettinger - Hansen Hordichuk

Defense is healthy

Luongo
    Raycroft
    (Schneider)

:?

It's so bad, one of our defensemen (Kevin Bieksa) is playing wing tonight.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    CCF23 wrote: »
    Know what sucks? Injuries. Michael Grabner fractured his ankle playing warm up soccer. Here's the Canucks lineup. Anyone in red, is injured. Anyone in brackets is a call up.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Defense is healthy

Luongo
    Raycroft
    (Schneider)

And you're still up 1-0. :x

"Let's leave a guy standing wide open in front of the net! Brilliant!"

twmjr on
    edited November 2009
    twmjr wrote: »

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Defense is healthy

Luongo
    Raycroft
    (Schneider)

:mrgreen:

9-7 would be pretty damn impressive considering the decimated lineup. We started 0-3 too, so that would be 9-4 in the last 13, most of that time with a lot of the team injured. The Canucks are going to be scary when everyone is healthy.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    twmjr wrote: »

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Defense is healthy

Luongo
    Raycroft
    (Schneider)

:mrgreen:

9-7 would be pretty damn impressive considering the decimated lineup. We started 0-3 too, so that would be 9-4 in the last 13, most of that time with a lot of the team injured. The Canucks are going to be scary when everyone is healthy.

Pretty intense for a non-conference game.

twmjr on
    edited November 2009
    The 3rd period in this Canucks/Rangers game has been BANANAS.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Eh, you're not going to get much sympathy bringing up injuries at this point this year from at least half the teams in the league. Just way too many injuries overall for that.

Schide on
    edited November 2009
    Fucking Weber is now injured 1-2 weeks. Ugh. Fuck fantasy hockey this year. Haha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited November 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    Eh, you're not going to get much sympathy bringing up injuries at this point this year from at least half the teams in the league. Just way too many injuries overall for that.

Hey Schide, you gonna keep playing the league?

remlap13 on
    edited November 2009
    For the love of god can they please fix the line change glitch or whatever the hell it is in a patch? I'm sick of sitting on the bench while the same two lines are skating for over half a period.

Schide on
    edited November 2009

Name me a team that has as many guys out as the Canucks.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2009

You mean as many injured guys in terms of omportance? The Penguins. Oh, and the Thrashers, Bruins, Red Wings, Panthers, Canadiens, Predators, and Devils.

Oh, and the league...uh, I guess. But like I said, I just really haven't been wanting to play lately. Is anyone one right now? I can guess I can try to get one game in tonight.

Schide on
    edited November 2009

You mean as many injured guys in terms of omportance? The Penguins. Oh, and the Thrashers, Bruins, Red Wings, Panthers, Canadiens, Predators, and Devils.

Oh, and the league...uh, I guess. But like I said, I just really haven't been wanting to play lately. Is anyone one right now? I can guess I can try to get one game in tonight.

The Penguins still have 1 of their 2 franchise players.

The Thrashers lost their franchise player, and a goalie, but Ondrej P. was ready to challenge for their starting job anyway, so it's not nearly as big a loss as Luongo.

Red Wings are missing a couple key guys, but Zets, Dats, and Lidstrom are healthy.

Panthers are a terrible team anyway.

Habs have lost 1 key guy.

Preds are a bad team anyway.

Devils have lost 1 key guy (Elias). Still have Parise, Zajac, and Brodeur.

I mean, I understand there have been a lot of injuries, but with the Canucks it's been beyond that. Not only are key guys hurt, but the guys being called up to replace those guys (Bolduc and Grabner) are also getting hurt.

Oh, and hey, Henrik Sedin is now having his foot x-rayed. If he's out that's Sedin, Sedin, Luongo, Demitra, Grabner, Johnson, Bolduc, Hansen ALL injured. Other teams may have it bad, but the Canucks situation is laughable.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Well, I'll certainly agree with you that it is pretty funny.

Schide on
    edited November 2009
    If Henrik is out this is going to be the Canucks lineup next game:

Burrows - Wellwood - Bernier
    Glass - Pettinger - Rypien
    Some defenseman - Bliznak - Hordichuk

I mean, come on...3 call ups and a defenseman playing forward, a 2nd line that's really a 3rd line. A 3rd line that's really a 4th line, and a 4th line that would barely be a 4th line in the AHL.

:(

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • mheff13mheff13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If Henrik is out this is going to be the Canucks lineup next game:

Burrows - Wellwood - Bernier
    Glass - Pettinger - Rypien
    Some defenseman - Bliznak - Hordichuk

I mean, come on...3 call ups and a defenseman playing forward, a 2nd line that's really a 3rd line. A 3rd line that's really a 4th line, and a 4th line that would barely be a 4th line in the AHL.

:(

Good, leave Bieksa at forward so he becomes double position eligible for fantasy haha. Maybe his +/- will get better.

Ryan Kesler is a beast.

Mario Bliznak ftw haha.

mheff13 on
  • UbuRoiAAUbuRoiAA Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey if the Trashers are still available to play in the league let me know, send me a pm with the infos or something, I don't know how it work I've never been in a league before. If there others or new leagues let me know, my gt is Ubu Roi AA you can add me.

Except for goalie league because I can't stop a damn puck.

UbuRoiAA on
  • Hey AshtrayHey Ashtray Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    UbuRoiAA wrote: »

You'll fit right in!

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    UbuRoiAA wrote: »

You'll fit right in!

Yea, you will be just as good as Tubesteak. :winky:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Guys, I'll play again in a few days, but right now I am kind of sick. I have Tonsillitis and Conjunctivitis in my left eye. The only problem is the eye because my vision is all screwed up. I am hoping to be good in a few days.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Suck it up.

(feel better)

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg