Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Social Entropy++: AWESOME POST in "I like webcomic threads. they help people with their problem

FAQFAQ Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
FAQ has reported a post.

Reason:
the heads are various posters, is this an in-joke I don't know
Post: I like webcomic threads. they help people with their problems
Forum: Social Entropy++
Assigned Moderators: WhipstitchZombie, Larlar, Bogey, Knob, potatoe, Orikaeshigitae

Posted by: SabreMau
Original Content:
this has truly become a thing

Or has it?

FAQ on

• UnluckyUnlucky Trouble? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

....what?

Fantastic
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the phrase you're looking for is

5 stars

• UnluckyUnlucky Trouble? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh, why the hell not.

5 stars.

Fantastic
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The heads are forum personas. The pony and wizard are from a kate beaton comic. The original ad is an old mac (I think? Mighta been windows it doesn't really matter) ad.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    What is up on the screen is like four people's av/sigs in se++ and it is oppressive and awful and that brave woman tried to save us before the tyranny of the pony stole the hammer of shut up this is worth five stars sabremau is a treasure

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    The heads are forum personas. The pony and wizard are from a kate beaton comic. The original ad is an old mac (I think? Mighta been windows it doesn't really matter) ad.

It's a groundbreaking (for 1984) Apple ad.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Holy shit

7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The timeline went something like this. During the week this thing of dancing avatars started popping up, and eventually natek had these five and put them in this sig:

2z72zhs.jpg

Robcham added his slightly later: 8xq98g.jpg

After a few hours at work, I managed to finally upload the scrolling gif version, which was then turned by bombardier into a ytmnd about an hour later (which is where the music came from). I got the idea for the video around that point, but I couldn't do anything about it until I got home and started to work with my video-editing tools. So that got done around 1:30 this morning.

1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I want your babies SabreMau.

I WANT YOUR BABIES.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Zilla360Zilla360 Spaaaace! In Space.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm kind of split on this one

On one hand this is really cool

On the other it's basically a subforum injoke that makes no goddamn sense and is unfunny to people outside of the subforum

Now, a lot of posters here give D and D reported posts shit for basically being glorified injokes, and that's totally fair; it's warranted as a matter of fact. I'll be the first to vote down a D and D reported post for being an injoke because, even though I post there, I expect that standard to be held; awesome posts must be awesome regardless of context unless the context is easily explained (like, two sentences explained)

Now if we hold D and D to that standard, which I utterly agree with, we must hold all subfora to this standard.

Therefore, I am giving this post a one star, not because it isn't awesome, because it is, but because of a combination of lack of context, subforum in-joke that isn't funny regardless of context to out-of-subforumers, lack of context in the OP, and context not easily explainable (as SabreMau brought everyone up to speed, that was a good paragraph or two of context)

No offense meant guys

• ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
  • Tanooki MarioTanooki Mario __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2009
    Eh.

I'm the artist formerly known as Satan.
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hahaha, I wasn't expecting the pony.

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It had no context for me, but I love random things so I'm five starring it anyway.

I had sex with the Ecumenical Patriarch and he infected me with syphilis
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    there is no reason to not 5 this whatsoever

simply for that fucking pony

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rent wrote: »

On the other it's basically a subforum injoke that makes no goddamn sense and is unfunny to people outside of the subforum

Now, a lot of posters here give D and D reported posts shit for basically being glorified injokes, and that's totally fair; it's warranted as a matter of fact. I'll be the first to vote down a D and D reported post for being an injoke because, even though I post there, I expect that standard to be held; awesome posts must be awesome regardless of context unless the context is easily explained (like, two sentences explained)

Now if we hold D and D to that standard, which I utterly agree with, we must hold all subfora to this standard.

Therefore, I am giving this post a one star, not because it isn't awesome, because it is, but because of a combination of lack of context, subforum in-joke that isn't funny regardless of context to out-of-subforumers, lack of context in the OP, and context not easily explainable (as SabreMau brought everyone up to speed, that was a good paragraph or two of context)

No offense meant guys

I never, ever would have guessed you are from D&D.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009

No offense meant guys

lmao

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Artreus wrote: »

What would you have guessed I was from?

Or this is sarcasm I'm missing really badly

Either way should end in hilarity, I'm guessing

• A steak!A steak! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2009

Are you kidding, or can you really not tell?

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
    edited November 2009
    A duck! wrote: »

Are you kidding, or can you really not tell?

My sarcasm detector's all out of wack today

(I didn't know if he was going with the "tl;dr" joke or the "D and D is full of unreasonable assholes" joke, in all actuality)

edited November 2009
    And now this good thing has become a bad thing. Christmas is canceled.

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    edited November 2009

No offense meant guys

you have knocked the air from my lungs

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

And the chances of successfully guessing that you are from D&D continue to plummet

• LuthzLuthz Registered User
    edited November 2009

No offense meant guys

This post is as funny, or funnier than the reported awesome post.

Although, I say that from the perspective of someone not "in".

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the video is pretty hilarious even though I'm not from SE

the pony made it magical

• CyvrosCyvros Look behind you, a catharsis of spurious morality!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Krosius wrote: »

I WANT YOUR BABIES.
    No! They're mine!

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

I am hip and with it. I do the Twitters. I have a blog.
    edited November 2009
    Cyvros wrote: »

I WANT YOUR BABIES.
    No! They're mine!

Look out SabreMau, you're about to have a kidnapper conflict by the cradle.

- @Ludious
  • CyvrosCyvros Look behind you, a catharsis of spurious morality!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Cyvros wrote: »

I WANT YOUR BABIES.
    No! They're mine!

Look out SabreMau, you're about to have a kidnapper conflict by the cradle.
    WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE

RARGLWARGLBARGL
    Spoiler:

I am hip and with it. I do the Twitters. I have a blog.
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh wow. Thats amazing.

Also rent why you gotta do a thing.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rent is terrible always

People put D&D in jokes down because they lack in things

things like music, colour, and doofus ponies

sig-1.jpg
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Tube's Favorite Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I gave this five stars.

To piss off Rent.

Because, all things aside, it was honestly funny so long as you knew there was a groundbreaking apple commercial in 1984.

• Tanooki MarioTanooki Mario __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2009
    Hurr hurrr my subforum is better than your subforum

I'm the artist formerly known as Satan.
    edited November 2009
    I gave this five stars.

To piss off Rent.

Awwwww i-i

Really though, I just wanted to approach reasonability for my decision as opposed to something like "Forum in-joke 1 star"
    Because, all things aside, it was honestly funny so long as you knew there was a groundbreaking apple commercial in 1984.

It was really cool, I agree, and I personally think it's a five-star worthy post

Just...you know...would be a bit hypocritical if I did vote it up

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Do you like dags? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can appreciate dubious, friendly animals.

poochy.jpg

Five for justice.

RonaldoTheGypsy.png
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh my god this is the most amazing awesome post yet. Sweet Lumberjacking Christ.

Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
    edited November 2009
    Hurr hurrr my subforum is better than your subforum

this is exactly the debate I hoped to inspire when I reported this

• BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User
    edited November 2009
    FAQ pushes the social envelope like a mailman with an insertion fetish.

Any sufficiently advanced friendship is indistinguishable from magic.
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the pony makes this

DKFA7.gif