As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Call of [Chat]hulu

TamTam Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Artist's Corner
2hxrey9.jpg

Tam on

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was about to say "wtf just happened" but now I get it.

NightDragon on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That was...

The weirdest chat transition I have ever seen.

Fugitive on
  • MufasaJoeMufasaJoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If you're gonna open with that image, you should probably post the .wav of McGibs' dramatic reading of the words too.

MufasaJoe on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    welcome to shitty shit, population: you

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'll allow it.

But remember the previous agreement that it is implied you agreed to now.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    forbe is a doo-doo head

also, I agreed to nothing, napp

Tam on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That is a good picture.
    I keep telling people I will get therapy. But I don't. I wish I cuold go. But then i would be admitting I have a problem. And that is very scary to me.

PROX on
    edited November 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    forbe is a doo-doo head

also, I agreed to nothing, napp

it was an unspoken agreement. You all saw it.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

edited November 2009
    okay I watched it

it was good

Tam on
    edited November 2009
    I don't believe you.

Nappuccino on

edited November 2009
    How do I overcome fear of therapy?

PROX on
    edited November 2009
    PROX wrote: »

Tell yourself plenty of other people (most of whom are completely sane, but they have problems that they feel the need to discuss in private or just want someone they know is good at giving advice to give them advice) go in for therapy. That you are not the only one and that is not an uncommon thing in this day and age?

I would think that's a decent start.

Nappuccino on

edited November 2009
    That is a good picture.
    I keep telling people I will get therapy. But I don't. I wish I cuold go. But then i would be admitting I have a problem. And that is very scary to me.

I think it's already been admitted.

And it's not like saying "I have a problem" will make it exist or make it worse - it's existed prior to your admission, whether or not you've come to terms with the fact.

Getting therapy will only help you. Don't you want to stop feeling like this? Refusing to admit to yourself that you have a problem (which it seems you've essentially already admitted, just by making that comment) will only hinder your recovery process. Don't do that to yourself.

NightDragon on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    That is a good picture.

Nothing will change, nor is there anything anyone else can do for you, until you realize turning this all around starts with you taking the first step. Until then, all the effort from others in the world will go at a loss until you're ready to make that change yourself.

On a lighter note, I went to a lecture (or an evening, if you will) with Brad Bird. That was pretty neat.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

There's therapy for that.

DeeLock on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

What, you still haven't done that yet?

Man up and do it. You're only compounding the pain the more you delay it.

Godfather on
    edited November 2009
    What do the insane do? I feel like I'm kinda insane. Your words make sense to me but I am stubborn about it for some reason..

edit: in hindsight i probably should have taken some of those free counseling sessions they had at my school while I was there. I had some pretty low points there.

PROX on
    edited November 2009
    On a lighter note, I went to a lecture (or an evening, if you will) with Brad Bird. That was pretty neat.

What, really? Wow. What did he talk about?

Tam on
    edited November 2009
    Insane people get "help" whether they want it or not.

Either that or they live in Savannah.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009

A new pixar project, i hope.

Nappuccino on

edited November 2009
    Oh man Pixar is coming this week, I am excited. They always have fun lectures.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    I guess I'm not insane then. I should get some therapy. Since everoyne is suggesting it. I hope I can afford it.

edit: they were at my school last wednesday and I missed it! Gaaah beating myself uo for that.

PROX on
    edited November 2009
    That is a good picture.

You've just spent the last hour admitting that you have a problem. Whether you were doing it jokingly or not, you know it's the case, you've admitted it to yourself, hell you've even admitted it to the girl you're obsessed with. It's open season on Prox admitting he has problems. You just need to admit it to someone who can actually do something about it.

What you're doing right now is a placebo. You're posting about your problems and talking about going to therapy, and it makes you feel like you're starting to get control of your life, and then you just leave it at that. You've got. To. Go. Talk to someone. Possibly someone who will prescribe you something, since it sounds like it's getting desperate. If you can get a friend to take you, do it. Make them be your human alarm clock that drives you to your appointments, if need be, no matter how much you protest. You need to let go and let someone else help you, someone who isn't white words on a blue background.

Fugitive on
    edited November 2009
    What do the insane do? I feel like I'm kinda insane. Your words make sense to me but I am stubborn about it for some reason..

You're stubborn because you're letting your resistance get to you, and right now it's your biggest enemy.

It'll do everything it can to stop you from getting shit done, but one of it's biggest strengths is instilling fear. Ironically, what you fear you have to do most is what you need to get done ASAP, so it's somewhat of a divining rod that tells you what has to be done.

I would not hesitate to get therapy whenever I needed it. Anyone who thinks differently of me because of that could fuck right off.

Godfather on
    edited November 2009
    Fug makes a good case.

I guess I just wanted to know that people cared. And I apologize for that.

PROX on
    edited November 2009
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to know people care. We care so much that we want you to actually do something about it :)

Nappuccino on

edited November 2009
    We care, but the caring of a bunch of avatars isn't enough. You can't just use this forum to keep backing yourself off of the ledge every few days. An internet forum is by no means a reliable suicide hotline, and some day, no matter how much we may care, it will let you down, and then what's going to happen?

You're a very promising artist, Prox, and a cool guy, when you aren't letting this problem get the best of you. You can't just hinge a lifetime of hard work and talent on what someone says in a chat thread.

Fugitive on
    edited November 2009
    I got to meet these fine individuals today!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=1271525914896&ref=mf

They are very good dancers!

Godfather on
    edited November 2009
    Fugitive wrote: »
    We care, but the caring of a bunch of avatars isn't enough. You can't just use this forum to keep backing yourself off of the ledge every few days. An internet forum is by no means a reliable suicide hotline, and some day, no matter how much we may care, it will let you down, and then what's going to happen?

You're a very promising artist, Prox, and a cool guy, when you aren't letting this problem get the best of you. You can't just hinge a lifetime of hard work and talent on what someone says in a chat thread.

And if you do not respond saying you read this I am going to spam your PM box until you do.

Fugitive on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    nappucino the nappy headed hoe

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009

for somebody as sheltered as yourself from world events, I am surprised you know about this.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    I know the most randomly useless stuff, also I am being edumacated by watts

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009

for somebody as sheltered as yourself from world events, I am surprised you know about this.

Also, i'm pretty sure someone else has called me that in the past. He may have learned it from verbal osmosis

Nappuccino on

edited November 2009
    art's not all there is loom

Tam on
    edited November 2009
    yes this is why there educating me on stuff like nappy headed hoes

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009
    actually I forgot where I got that from, where am I

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009
    Loom you should rule the Universe on a planet guarded by an unprobability field

Tam on
    edited November 2009
    anything that enters the field possibly sometimes forgets what its doing but loses any real effort to actually carrying out performing its task, whether it be the laws of physics or cleaning dishes

and I sit somewhere off to the side doing absolutely nothing endlessly

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009

It was a series of four "conversations" hosted by local John Carroll. Brad Bird's was the first of the series. He kind just talked about stuff I'm sure he's on record as having said before, but some of it was great to hear tonight.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2009

It was a series of four "conversations" hosted by local John Carroll. Brad Bird's was the first of the series. He kind just talked about stuff I'm sure he's on record as having said before, but some of it was great to hear tonight.

Highlight reel plz.

Angel_of_Bacon on
This discussion has been closed.