As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Call of [Chat]hulu

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    indeed

Tam on
  • deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    if your need for therapy is serious business im pretty sure insurance would cover it. (donno how america is but here in australia everything is covered.) But yes, if you feel the need go to your school/uni councellor and talk to him, they will put you in contact with someone that can help, or they themselves can help. They are there for a reason you know.

edit- also :D, man up, its manlier to have giant manly balls and admit you have a problem than to wuss out and say your okay. A friend of mine lived with a hairline fracture in his shoulder for six months because he didnt want to admit he needed to go to the doctor and another epic failed an hero since she didnt want to take no happy pills.

deadlydorito on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I spoke with my uncle for about 60 seconds today and now I'm nervous to go back home.

He and my aunt are at my grandmothers house (where I've been living for just over four years now), helping to take of her...and he was very curt with me on the phone and sounded aggravated when I called to just tell him what day I'd be back, because my mother had given him the wrong date. I asked how he was. I asked how my grandmother was. He cut the conversation short.

I have no idea what I've done wrong to this side of the family, save for being the daughter of a really, really difficult woman. I think they associate me with my mother a lot. I've been threatened with being kicked out of my grandmother's house by my uncles, who like to visit every now and then, ask me why I haven't left yet, and then they go back to their own homes, 100's and 1000's of miles away. Reasons for being kicked out include: me having left [a couple of] my dishes in the sink, and my room (on the 2nd floor, in the back, with my door shut) being "too messy" (really not that messy at all).

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. I don't want to go back home and have my uncle create this ridiculous tension in the house, while I'm trying to work on my portfolio...and am housebound when it starts snowing and icing everywhere. I could send him an email and ask him if he doesn't want me there, and could suggest that I ask a friend's parents if I can stay in a spare room for the break (this would really be my only option, and they've already offered, but I wouldn't want to take them up on that offer unless circumstances were more dire - i.e. my having been officially kicked out of my house).....although if I did do that route, I could offer them some "rent money" and maybe help around the house a bit...although my friend really doesn't have any chores at all, I wouldn't know how to deal with that...I take out the trash, fix my own meals, buy my own food, pay for my own gas...and she has all of that and etc. taken care of for her by her parents.

~~~~~~~~

Jesus I can't wait to be in charge of my own living situation.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    Anybody have any suggestions on how to deal with this

aside from winning the lottery, because fuck that bullshit, money can buy quite a bit of happiness thank you very much

NightDragon on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    seduce your uncle

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009
    Loomdun when I meet you in person I will smack you across the face with a glove for that remark.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    seduce your grandmother

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009
    Huh?

GLOVE is evolving!

Congratulations! Your GLOVE evolved into FIST!

NightDragon on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    Sounds like staying at your friend's house would be the better option- less stress for you, and since your friend's parents are already offering it sounds like they'd be glad of your company and any work you offered to do around the house.

Though if I were you I wouldn't 'ask if [your uncle] wants you there', I'd just say, "I'm going to stay at my friend's house over the break". That way it comes across as "I'm staying with my friend because I want to stay with my friend for happy cool times" and less drama-inducing "I'm staying with my friend to avoid your sack of shit attitude, you total sack of shit." No reason to make a bad situation worse, even if the situation is total unfair bullshit to begin with.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Move to Pakistan where political upheaval and the ever-present threat of suicide bombers will put your tiny little problems into perspective for you.

Grenn on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    family iz drama.

No suggestions, sorry - having no income totally sucks in these situations. But if your friend's family are nice then you should definitely go there, I'm sure you'd be a great houseguest.

tynic on
    edited November 2009
    Sounds like staying at your friend's house would be the better option- less stress for you, and since your friend's parents are already offering it sounds like they'd be glad of your company and any work you offered to do around the house.

Though if I were you I wouldn't 'ask if [your uncle] wants you there', I'd just say, "I'm going to stay at my friend's house over the break". That way it comes across as "I'm staying with my friend because I want to stay with my friend for happy cool times" and less drama-inducing "I'm staying with my friend to avoid your sack of shit attitude, you total sack of shit." No reason to make a bad situation worse, even if the situation is total unfair bullshit to begin with.

that bacon always giving good advice to people even at 2 in the morning

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    that bacon always giving good advice to people even at 2 in the morning

It's just to build up credibility to lull people into a sense of trust, and that's when I start giving out bad but entertaining advice like 'you can improve the gesture and fluidity of your drawings by practicing making quick and accurate hand movements by boxing emus.'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RVZvUJDTUE

They're fast little buggers!

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2009
    I guess so. I dunno...maybe he was just having a bad day? But my mother told me yesterday that he'd acted weird when she'd told him what day I'd be returning home...which doesn't make any sense - I told him I would be up around Thanksgiving...he knew I was coming back, and roughly when, and for how long...

I guess I'll test the waters for a few days...if I ask him outright I don't think it would complicate things, it may even make them easier if he just gives me a straight answer - yes - and then I can leave without having to gather extra "signals", and then I wouldn't feel as bad asking my friend's parents about their offer.

When I get back home I'll ask my friend if she could talk to her parents about it, just in case.

NightDragon on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Clearly the only real solution is to come out to San Diego and couch surf between Chase, Kevin and myself.

rts on
    edited November 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Clearly the only real solution is to come out to San Diego and couch surf between Chase, Kevin and myself.

I suspect that much of that burden is going to be with you, considering our respective couch statuses.

You: Has a couch. Or two, depending on if you count Franklin or not.
    Me: Has no couch. Closest thing I've got is either my chair or my drawing horse, neither of which would be very comfortable to sleep on.
    Chase: 'What's a couch?'

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2009
    tynic wrote: »
    family iz drama.

No suggestions, sorry - having no income totally sucks in these situations. But if your friend's family are nice then you should definitely go there, I'm sure you'd be a great houseguest.

They are nice, though her mom's depressed...and gets angry at everybody for no reason, sometimes, and yells and is angry at nothing sometimes, and everybody else in the house just kinda rolls their eyes, holds their heads down and waits for the storm to pass...

...in which case it would remind me about living in the Hell Situation with my own mother during the heights of my depression, and sweet mother of god I do not want to go back there.

But I'd be living in a furnished room in the basement, so I guess I wouldn't have to deal with most of it, if it even starts to happen. It's not incredibly often that my friend's mom does that, but it's often enough that it coul make things awkward.

Whatever though, that's my only option. When she's not in one of those moods, though, her mother is very pleasant! And her dad is always pleasant! And also extremely hilarious.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »

I have a mental picture of waking up on the floor, with one of Chase's charcoal drawings sticking to my face, and having the reverse image of a naked man on my face after peeling the paper off.

Glorious times are ahead!

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    Hmmm.

Solving this problem would be a lot easier if all of the people you knew weren't crazy.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2009
    Well I mean I have other friends, with other parents, but staying with any of these other people would just not be an option...mostly due to the fact that my friends have moved out of their parents' houses, and live in small abodes.

Either that or they live many states away and I'm not even sure my friends would be around that often......so it'd be like........hey. I'm your daughter's/son's friend........just....hangin' out here..........in your space.........where's your daughter/son? uhhh, dunno..........nope, just......heeeeeere by myself..

......yyyyyyyyep

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    Well, there's always the last resort.

Splitting open and sleeping inside a tauntaun for warmth.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2009
    small abodes.

I read this as 'small adobes'.

Just ... the weirdest mental picture about your social circle.

tynic on
    edited November 2009
    Well, there's always the last resort.

Splitting open and sleeping inside a tauntaun for warmth.

hahahaha

hahaha, and: "Classic Star Wars sleeping bag simulates the warmth of a Tauntaun carcass"

Alas, though, it says "not for camping, only for indoor use"....so I will still have to find an "indoors" to use it! SOME SUGGESTION. PFFT.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    Shit, didn't read the fine print.

Tynic brings up an interesting suggestion: pueblos.

Try to find or make a pueblo in the area.

I am sure a pueblo will solve all your pueblo needs.
    I just like saying pueblo
    pueblo

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2009
    PUEBLO PUEBLO PUEBLO PUEBLO PUEBLO PUEBLO

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    :o!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PUEBLO PUEBLO PUEBLO PUEBLO PUEBLO PUEBLO

Quinzee

Agentflit on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just for the record if you include Franklin I have three couches. But one of them we call the 'Franklin couch' and it is disgusting.

rts on
    edited November 2009
    please don't put me on the Franklin couch I promise I'll be good

NightDragon on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Could you use Franklin as a couch?

flannel is making my nipples so itchy i can't sleep i'll never be a real lumberjack

Kochikens on
    edited November 2009
    gasp

6am

is it time for...

another fajita!?!

Protip: don't take 5-hour long naps at 6pm.

But if you do, make fajitas afterwards.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »
    flannel is making my nipples so itchy i can't sleep i'll never be a real lumberjack

this post veers from rather disturbing to rather sexy incredibly rapidly.

Provided you find lumberjacks sexy. :winky:

tynic on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm starting to think there's a chance that I'm (mildly) bipolar. Either that or a hypochondriac. I guess I'll ask tomorrow when I see one of my many doctors again.

Oh hey a new chat thread hai guyz.

Flay on
    edited November 2009
    bipolar is very easy to misdiagnose flay, so carefulls. we thought i had uber bipolar last year but it was just some other gay illness. Get your gp to refer you to somme dude the specializes on bipolar disorder.

deadlydorito on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I know I'm late, but I just wanted to get in on some of this pueblo action.
    PUEBLO! :D

Okay, back to all your regular serious-problems scheduling.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited November 2009
    hah, hey angel i misclicked on your sig and am currently looking at your website. first of all, wow, and secondly.... lulz irish

deadlydorito on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just like saying pueblo
    pueblo

This is the name of the super market I go to. Supermercado Pueblo.

MagicToaster on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I keep getting random Spanish phrases stuck in my head, like "que es leer" and "un poco", but I keep doing terribly in my class.

Fugitive on
    edited November 2009
    Hey, I dreamt in german last night! Apparently this is a good sign re: language acquisition, but on the other hand, I still only understood about 30%.

I think my brain is taunting me.

tynic on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I dream in German all the time.
    Because I am always fighting Nazis.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
This discussion has been closed.