As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Double the Screens, Double the Fun!

unintentionalunintentional smellyRegistered User regular
edited January 2010 in Social Entropy++
So there's this handheld game console called the Nintendo DSi that none of us have
except a lot of us have a Nintendo DS or DS Lite so we play games on those

ds_lite.jpg

those games include (currently)

-Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
-Is Anyone still playing Scribblenauts?
-Chrono Trigger DS
-Nostalgia
-Phantasy Star Zero
-ETC

Janson had a better OP I'll get copy it in a minute or two with pictures and such

but for now, here is the new DS thread!

unintentional on

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Phantasy Star Zeroooooo

Who wants to kill these stupid damn Octopi with me?

George Fornby Grill on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So hey I'm coming to the realisation that I more than likely left my DS in the seat pocket on the flight home from PAX.

I have been in denial for 2 months

#pipe on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I left my charger for my DS somewhere in Geelong, still have the DS though.

I want to play Mario and Luigi.

Blake T on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'll have to remember to at least rent Phantasy Star Zero this summer. Or just play Phantasy Star Online on Gamecube again. We'll see what happens.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am thiiissss close to beating Bowser's Inside Story

I mean, I think

so what do I get after

YaYa on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Blake

I am making your cookies this weekend.

gonna put my now useless DS charger in the package with them cause you're an ok dude.

#pipe on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    YaYa wrote: »

I mean, I think

so what do I get after

The credits.

George Fornby Grill on
    edited November 2009

I mean, I think

so what do I get after

The credits.

man, you are worthless!

YaYa on
    edited November 2009

I mean, I think

so what do I get after

The credits.

man, you are worthless!

Also correct!

George Fornby Grill on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Blake

I am making your cookies this weekend.

gonna put my now useless DS charger in the package with them cause you're an ok dude.
    I bought one on Monday!

But thanks anyway!

Blake T on
    edited November 2009
    edited November 2009
    No, earlier in the week.

Blake T on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    As a huge Star Wars nerd, I'm curious about the new Battlefront game that just came out for the DS. Has anybody picked it up?

DMAC on
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I want to try the Dark Spire

Is it good? I hope it's good

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
    edited November 2009
    The Dark Spire is good, but you have to have a high tolerance for skull-rape.

George Fornby Grill on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The last big road trip we had me and my wife took turns driving while the other one played Rythym Heaven with the sound hooked into the car speakers

it was whacky fun

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm only playing FF5 Advance on my DS, dispite owning Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PECK YOUR BEAK

QUACK QUACK QUACK

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Well, that's a very good game to play.

E: ahahaha Crashmo

George Fornby Grill on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I started a new game in Final Fantasy Tactics A2, this time in hard mode.

Ivar on
  • OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm just wrapping up the first Layton and I'm considering making a new town in Animal Crossing because all my neighbors suck

I'm looking forward to playing Diabolical Box and that new Zelda because Phantom Hourglass is strangely more fun than I thought it'd be

Okami on
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i'm going to get this for my mom for her birthday

the ds i mean

ack on
    edited November 2009
    man I wasn't anywhere near finished with Mario and Luigi

I was like three hours away from the ending!

good times, though, the final boss was fuuunn

YaYa on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Dark Spire is good, but you have to have a high tolerance for skull-rape.

This

Just about every treasure chest in the game is booby trapped, and late in the game there's a particular trap that instantly kills your entire party

Green on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    there's a particular trap that instantly kills your entire party

What

unintentional on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

What

This was my reaction as well

Green on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Green wrote: »

What

This was my reaction as well

That sounds awesome. Now I need to find out who stole my DS before I buy this game. :(

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    My daughter wants a DSi for Christmas. I'm going to see if Frys will have a bundle deal in the paper tomorrow.

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I didn't think the end of Bowser's Inside Story was that long

but that was probably thanks to Broggy Omnislash

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DMAC wrote: »
    As a huge Star Wars nerd, I'm curious about the new Battlefront game that just came out for the DS. Has anybody picked it up?

I've been wondering this as well. I may have to look at the gamefaqs boards to see what the general impression is.

Zerokku on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Disgaea DS is really quite fun!

apparently they cut out a lot of the voice acting? I am considering this a positive because every character's voice is so annoying

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yeah the voice acting is only in all of Etna's previews of the next episode.

Which is kind of weird because they would introduce a character, I would have this idea of what they sound like in my head and then a few hours later they'd have their first line of spoken dialogue. (I had never played D1 before)

unintentional on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I hear they are making a Hotel Dusk sequel. That makes me happy.

What should my next DS purchase be: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box or Scribblenauts?

Muse Among Men on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I'm not very far into Pokemon Platinum, but Layton and the Curious Village is taking up my game-time with the DS, and otherwise I'm just fucking around in Jam Sessions.

And then today Chrono Trigger DS shows up. I'm swamped in just DS titles at this point.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited November 2009
    The new Jam Sessions? How is that compared to the old one?

George Fornby Grill on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nah, the old one. I had stopped using my DS at all by the time it came out, and it's like 8 bucks now.

If the new one lets you choose different root notes of chord shapes then that alone would incite me to buy it, having now seen what the first is like.

Also the new Korg-DS title is gonna have a bunch of DSi exclusive features which is really making me consider picking up the big-size DSi that I can never remember the name of.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited November 2009
    DSi LL, I think

George Fornby Grill on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Zerokku wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »

I've been wondering this as well. I may have to look at the gamefaqs boards to see what the general impression is.

Sad to inform you DMAC that it is apparently incredibly mediocre.

Zerokku on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The new DSI looks pretty rad, I may end up getting that

Moriveth on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    'Saw', minus the obvious death-traps?

EDIT: According to a SA-forumer who took a look at the Japanese site for the game..
    It's a point-and-click adventure with multiple endings. You're a college student who finds himself aboard a ship with eight others, each with a bomb attached to their wrist. They have nine hours to work through nine numbered doors or die.

Each person is assigned a number from one through nine. They must form a group of three to five for opening doors. The assigned numbers in the group must be summed, and the amount exceeding ten becomes the "key number" for opening a door with the same number. For example, if the group consists of people with the numbers 1, 4, 5, and 6, the total is 16, the remainder is 6, enabling the group to open door no. 6.

Of course, it's not just a simple arithmetic game--there appears to be a lot more in the way of puzzles and traps. Ultimately, you need to form a party with the key number adding up to nine to open the final door before another party does.

Owenashi on