As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Forum Let's Play Index -- OLD THREAD; Go to the new one!

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sweet, good work, Henroid.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    But where does 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand go? In the "F" section or in the "5" section?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    But where does 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand go? In the "F" section or in the "5" section?

Under "G". For "G" Unit.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I can objectively say that any sort of LP of Left4Dead will be bad

Too many people have played it and there's too little content to show off, and unless you and your three friends are really funny, I doubt there will be much in the way of entertaining commentary

Yeah, I have some playthroughs of L4D and, while they're fun (mostly because of who i'm playing with) I wouldn't consider trying to pass them off as LP's. They're just entertainment.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • DragonatrixDragonatrix Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

In terms of literal alphabetical, it'd go in the # section. In terms of phoenetical alphabetical, it'd go in the F section. Since just about every alphabetical list uses the literal system, it'd go in the #'s which come before A.

E; I noticed that Henroid put it in the B's for Blood in the Sand, but that's the games subtitle, so that doesn't really help.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fuck "Fiddy Sent," he'll go where I want him to. (hell)

Henroid on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So we can blame Gilder. Convenient!

vizzini.jpg

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So we can blame Gilder. Convenient!

vizzini.jpg

I lol'd

joshofalltrades on
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Browsing around as I do, I just stumbled upon this on the forums.

Let's Play Aliens Vs Predator
    - By UltimaGecko
    - Format: Video

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Good catch. It reminds me I still haven't gone through that link with all the LP bookmarks someone posted.

Henroid on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mirror's Edge --- by Bethryn --- video --- in progress

Also seconding the proposal that this be stickied, is good thread!

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can change my Saints Row 2 to Completed now. And a minor nitpick, the game on the list is "Rule of Rose" not "Rule to Rose"

Also add my current LP to the list:

Let's Play Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (Gnome Achievement Run)
    by Adus
    Video
    Completed

Adus on
    edited October 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    You can change my Saints Row 2 to Completed now. And a minor nitpick, the game on the list is "Rule of Rose" not "Rule to Rose"

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me prin- I'll get on it with the next update. :P

Henroid on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Could you add the Resident Evil Let's plays by Dark ID to the reccomended Something Awful LP section? They're still my favorites.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Crap. This means I need to go back and fix all my Half-Life image links on my LP now doesn't it?

EDIT: Speaking of, MMAN did a Video LP while I did a photo LP.
    Thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=38602

EDIT 2: I am working on fixing my links. I needed to clean up my photobucket account so I moved them all into a Half-Life LP subfolder.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited November 2009
    There's no rush for it, take yon time.

I actually need to go through the first few pages of the G&T index and add some stuff that I think isn't listed here. It'll probably be my project for the morning.

Henroid on
    edited November 2009
    So lacking with the updates. I finished an entire LP in the meantime!

Adus on
  • JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

A episode, that's 1/3rd.

Although im one to talk, im just about to update my LP for the first time in a month.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2009
    Semantics!

Adus on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jaramr wrote: »

A episode, that's 1/3rd.

Although im one to talk, im just about to update my LP for the first time in a month.

We need to set a better schedual for ourselves. Punishment for missing a deadline being remove one article of clothing per missed update. :winky:

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited November 2009
    I've updated the thread (oh shit the end times?). All things above this post have been updated accordingly, except for the following:
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Could you add the Resident Evil Let's plays by Dark ID to the reccomended Something Awful LP section? They're still my favorites.
    I'll need to see more people swear by those things before I do that.

Other updates I did was add a couple of LP's as far back as page 3 on the G&T index to the list. I changed the format of the OP to move the "Making an LP" section down to the bottom. I also rewrote a good deal of it. I added YouTube and Viddler as resources for people to use. No timetable on this, but I'm also going to start adding the webpages for any sort of editing programs (audio or video) as well.

As always, your guys' proofreading is appreciated.

Henroid on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Etrian Odyssey 2
    by Henroid -- screenshot -- abandoned

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited November 2009
    Etrian Odyssey 2

Fuck you, I knew someone was going to do that. :evil:

I actually have the shots uploaded now of the latest updated and just need to write it. :P

Henroid on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Motivation. Lord only knows I'm one to talk. I'm sitting here on about half the stuff I'd need to do a proper LP of FF VI Advance and I haven't done squat with it.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Updates:

Blood
    by Blain -- video -- completed
    Star Wars Republic Commando
    by Blain -- video -- in progress

Blain on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Etrian Odyssey 2

215236049_oYZzv-L-2.jpg

admanb on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    admanb wrote: »
    Etrian Odyssey 2

215236049_oYZzv-L-2.jpg

It always bugged me Gabe wasn't a red shirt..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited November 2009
    Ensign Fucking Stupid Asshole is great.

Henroid on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Motivation. Lord only knows I'm one to talk. I'm sitting here on about half the stuff I'd need to do a proper LP of FF VI Advance and I haven't done squat with it.

You'd better do that.

And I'm considering abandoning FE because I put too much work into it without much viewership, and unlike Dragon Force, it's not that fun to do.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2009
    If you can't LP without affirmation, you're doing it wrong.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It's not necessarily about affirmation. Some people do LPs as a social thing. They like talking about a game, and an LP gives them a focal point. From that point of view, there's no use pursuing an LP that's not generating any discussion. It's actually kind of rude.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Sir Winston Churchill

Blain on
    edited November 2009

I'm not sure I understand what this is suppose to me.

Henroid on
    edited November 2009
    Henroid, I was referring to:
    And I'm considering abandoning FE because I put too much work into it without much viewership

E;
    there's no use pursuing an LP that's not generating any discussion.

Actually there is. Regardless of whether or not you're doing it for friends, e-fame (*insert big no here*), whatever, the whole point of LPs is to show off games in some way. Whether it's a demonstration of how they can be horrendously broken, how retardedly bad they are, or maybe they're just an obscure game from your childhood you remember fondly.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Lack of discussion doesn't mean people aren't watching. That's what I learned from Diablo (my first LP); I was mostly keeping an eye on the views of the thread. If nobody was reading, I wasn't going to bother.

Henroid on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Personally, I like to LP games that I think are unappreciated. I've played Dragon Force to death, but a lot of people don't even know it exists. So if no one's interested, it's not worth pursuing to me.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2009
    You know, you could always whip up a test post to see how it goes.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Except I've already done it. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2009
    [strike]Done what exactly?[/strike]

Oh, right, yeah. Ignore me. I'm half awake.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Just wanted to give a heads up, the guys who did the Sonic 2k6 LP did Sonic Unleashed. I'm only just now starting to watch. It's on the LP Archive.

Henroid on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sonic and The Black Knight is also there, but that was far shorter then their previous 2 due to the fact that the game was much shorter and easier.

If you're watching their Unleashed LP through Viddler, you'll want to ignore the comments. Last time I checked, the amount of trolling going on there was astronomical.

PaperLuigi44 on