As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Got a PS3 -- Now What?

HilleanHillean Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Games and Technology
So, like many I'm sure, I plan to pick up one of the PS3 combos available on Black Friday. The one I've chosen has LittleBigPlanet GOTY edition, and the God of War 2-pack.

I've heard quite good things about Uncharted, what other PS3-exclusive games do people recommend? And for non-exclusive games, what games are better on PS3 than the 360?

greenguy1980.jpg
Hillean on

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PS3 was lead platform for Burnout Paradise. It's great.

Renzo on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Valkyria Chronicles.

Henroid on
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    doesnt batman AA on the ps3 let you play some combat rooms as the joker... id definately say batman on either system is ++

farbekrieg on
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    doesnt batman AA on the ps3 let you play some combat rooms as the joker... id definately say batman on either system is ++

Was this just an on-launch promotion, or does it come with all versions? I got the 'special armor' with my Walmart-bought copy of Batman: AA on the 360, and it was pretty junk.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Valkyria Chronicles.

I like the cut of that game's jib... GameStop has buy-2-get-1 free preplayed games on black friday weekend, I plan on burning that up if I can find some decent games there. Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, maybe Lair, those are a few that I'd end up looking for.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If you like hard action game, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 are pretty much awesome.

In the same vein, Devil May Cry 4. Not really better or worse than the 360 version (shorter load times, though), but it's a great, cheap game.

Graviija on
  • useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Without a doubt : Valkyria Chronicles.
    Second : Uncharted 1 and 2 (Play them in order - should take a weekend)

useless4 on
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hillean wrote: »

Was this just an on-launch promotion, or does it come with all versions? I got the 'special armor' with my Walmart-bought copy of Batman: AA on the 360, and it was pretty junk.

I was under the impression that play as the joker in challenge rooms was free dlc for the ps3 (but i dont have one)

farbekrieg on
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Demon's Souls is an amazing (if difficult) action RPG, and arguably the best game on the system.
    Go get it.

Xagarath on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I was under the impression that play as the joker in challenge rooms was free dlc for the ps3 (but i dont have one)

Borrowed my friend's copy, the Joker stuff is just free DLC. It's different.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Uncharted 1 & 2: Personally my favorite set of games on the PS3. U1 is a bit more basic, and maybe it won't live up to the hype the series has now, but it's still good and you should go through it all just to make your experience with 2 much better. Uncharted 2 is a definite 100% must play.

Valkyria Chronicles: Yeah, you had better do your best to find a copy. It's seriously very unique and fun to play. Very much worth it.

Heavenly Sword: VERY much worth a rental or a cheap 20 dollar or under buy despite what anyone says. It's a great game, and was downrated and shit on for being short. Well, no worries since you're not slamming down 60 dollars cash or anything. It's a fun beat 'em up type game with a cool fighting system, great mo-cap and a decently well told story. It isn't anything that'll really wow you a ton, but it's fun.

Infamous: Kind of Grand Theft Auto except you're a superhero (or not so heroic super powered guy). Doesn't have the greatest graphics out there, but the comic scenes are more than enough eye candy for me. The game's pretty fun as long as you don't pull out your hair searching for all the shards.

LittleBigPlanet: Definitely worth playing especially if you can get a friend or two over to play. By yourself it's not that great. It's kind of a short, basic platformer, but with friends the fun goes up exponentially. And, with friends you can hop around online levels and get almost infinite levels of awesome. Edit: Woops, you already said you'd be getting this with the PS3 :p

Warhawk: Honestly this one's hard to recommend even though it's one of my favorite games of this generation, and definitely my favorite online game. The thing is that it takes a helluva lot of learning to get into it. I'm also not honestly sure what the online community's like nowadays. I think there are still enough people playing to get some gaming going, but I don't know for sure. You can probably find it for cheap, and if flying around in planes doing dogfights or fighting on foot in some pretty epic battles sounds up your alley you should.

Resistance 1 & 2: They're both kind of generic FPSs, but I'd say they're still worth a bit of a playthrough. R1 is more fun co-op, especially with the higher difficulties selected. You'll have a lot of fun figuring out which of the crazy weapons to use and where. I also really liked the style and presentation in the first one. It hasn't aged that well in graphics, but it gets the job done. It was a nice launch title. The online I hear was awesome when it first launched, but I didn't get it that early and I doubt anyone's playing as much anymore with the 2nd one out. The second one is very much worth a playthrough, too. A lot of people say it's not as good as the first, and even Insomniac has admitted that it was kind of a failure to their fans. That said, there are some cool moments throughout.

Killzone 2: It's not completely revolutionary or anything, but it's more than a solid campaign playthrough. The graphics are very one-dimensional, but fucking a they're astounding. The online is probably still decently healthy, too, and I found it to be pretty addictive. It also has one of the most badass sniper classes in the online ever, so don't neglect going online with it.

Wipeout HD : Online title that you simply MUST play. It's one of my favorite racers of all time, and definitely my favorite this generation. I personally describe it as kind of futuristic Mario Kart on crack cocaine... and speed. It's hella-fast and just really freaking fun. Get it and the expansion pack for hours and hours of awesome.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Some of the best graphics of the generation (Uc2 and sometimes Killzone 2 beats it I'd say), so it's worth it there. This one was one of my all time favorite games, but I realize it's pretty hit or miss. If you have played the rest of the MGS series this one's a definite play. If you have not, you may want to skip it. Your love of it will be dependent on how much you can handle a lot of completely over the top ridiculous (and awesome to me) cutscenes. I personally also thought the gameplay was really really awesome, and the change the series has needed for a long time.

Motorstorm and Motorstorm Pacific Rift: The first one probably isn't worth a rental anymore since you could probably buy it for that price somewhere (I bought mine for like 10 bucks a year ago even). I haven't played much of the 2nd one, though, but judging by the first I'd say it's at least worth renting. The first was really fun, and I think the 2nd improved on the formula quite a lot.

Super Stardust HD : Another online game that I'd say is worth it. It's a twin stick shooter that's very addictive and also pretty damned pretty.

LAIR: You mentioned it, so thought I'd go over it. I suppose it might be worth playing now if you can find it really cheap, and I'm sure you can. You may have heard they patched in analog controls and think it's now worth it to go through. Well, in my opinion the motion controls weren't the problem at all. Personally I hated the analog ones, and prefer the motion. But, the game itself is just very poorly designed. Mission objectives are vague, and I never got past one of the missions because I wasn't precisely sure which of the like 5 things it was telling me to do I had neglected. That had me wanting to throw the controller through the screen.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Quite informative Radikal, thanks for the info... I had wished in the several years it was out, PS3 would have some more nice exclusive titles... I wonder about Ratchet & Clank, and a Jak & Daxter if they have one... God of War 3 will be a must-have, but in the past few years I've really fallen behind on Sony-exclusive stuff.

I remember reading about Last Guardian, did that ever come out? Or White Knight? That was announced years ago, but I haven't heard a word about it in awhile.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Two words. Mon tage.

But seriously, one PS3 exclusive that hasn't been mentioned is Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction. It should be easy to snag cheaply by now and it's a whole bunch of fun.

Other than that, depending on your tastes I'd say that Infamous, Little Big Planet and the Uncharted twins are well worth the cash. If you like anime and strategy/RPG games, certainly add Valkyria Chronicles to that list.

Lawndart on
  • CrewMember169CrewMember169 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Demon's Souls is an amazing (if difficult) action RPG, and arguably the best game on the system.
    Go get it.

I agree 100%. I played Uncharted 2 for like 20 minutes and then went back to Demon's Souls.

CrewMember169 on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    936034_80875.jpg
    Siren: Blood Curse

The most critically-acclaimed survival horror of the current gen, and one of my personal faves. You can import a disc version for the price of a new game from PlayAsia, it's probably possible to find on Ebay, or if you like you can just download the whole thing off the US/Canadian PSN store for $40.

There's a demo, but it doesn't begin to showcase Siren's true strengths.

928391_67454.jpg
    Heavenly Sword
    I finally found this for thirty bucks last month, and it just blew me away. Honestly - I am now absolutely pumped for Ninja Theory's next game, even if the combat was a little button-mashy. Just the fact that they have Andy Serkis back doing the cutscenes makes whatever they do next a must buy.

There's a demo that only obliquely suggests at the scale of events in the game, but gives you a taste of the combat mechanics.

932984_75525.jpg
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and

955125_138915.jpg
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
    You can find the original Uncharted for around thirty bucks these days, which is a great deal for what is still considered to be one of the best games on the PS3. As for the sequel, it's like the best sex you've ever had, in video game form.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune has a demo, the sequel does not :(

942165_99991.jpg
    Valkyria Chronicles
    ...is practically the definition of cult hit, in that there is a goddamned cult of hardcore Valkyria lovers here on the PA boards. This game kinda' bombed when it came out (despite it being the most critically acclaimed JRPG - yes, I said it - of the HD consoles), but Valkyria nutcases like myself just kept on screaming our lungs off about how incredible it is.

Try the demo.

954345_125120.jpg
    Demon's Souls
    Hard. Core. Phenomenally satisfying. Beautiful. Addictive. There is no demo, but trust me - it is incredible, and unlike anything else on the current gen.

942025_93069.jpg
    inFamous
    One of my favorite games of the year. The art direction is very good, the voice work is generally above-par and the facial animation sucks balls, but the gameplay is just so slick, so comfortable, I have no trouble saying I love inFamous.

There is a demo.

932369_74248.jpg
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction,

950926_111335.jpg
    R&CF: Quest for Booty and

959038_138916.jpg
    Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

You may have experience with these titles on the PS2, if not here's the lowdown: Explore beautiful, strange alien worlds as an anthropomorphic space wombat while nodding your head to a catchy space-bop soundtrack, collect an insane arsenal of weapons and blow the holy hell out of everything. Quest for Booty is a 4-6 hour DLC that links the two main games, though it can be purchased in disc form in the UK.

Demos available, one for Tools of Destruction, two for A Crack in Time.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (there's a demo) has the play-as-the-Joker Challenge Rooms, which are a nice touch but nothing really huge. Mirror's Edge and Burnout: Paradise (which have demos) both used the PS3 as the lead platform, and Mirror's Edge has some PS3-exclusive DLC.

What else, what else...? Personally I have no real problems with Killzone 2 (there's a demo), but if you're looking for a hardcore online shooter I can't imagine why you wouldn't go with Modern Warfare 2.

Oh, and I guess Metal Gear Solid 4 kinda' goes without saying, if you're a fan of the series.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I remember reading about Last Guardian, did that ever come out? Or White Knight? That was announced years ago, but I haven't heard a word about it in awhile.

White Knight Chronicles is due out February and The Last Guardian is due out sometime next year. I don't think it's settled on a month yet.

The reason for Level 5's long localization process of White Knight, I think, is just because

A) It's Level 5 and that's what they do and
    B) The online modes included, I believe, are new to the game just for the EU and NA releases. I've looked around, but haven't really found a concrete answer, and I don't really care, because one of the modes is GeoRama mode. (Make your own town Dark Cloud 1 and 2-style, be able to go into other peoples towns, party etc.) Being a big fan of Dark Cloud 1 and 2, that's all I really need to know.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I will add to the Heavenly Sword recommendations. We'll probably never get a sequel but I hope Nariko will live on through Enslaved's female lead. :)

Some people say it's too short but personally most games are padded out and too long. I'd love for there to be more 6-8 hour games that mixes up gameplay styles and have high quality acting and writing. DMC4 might have been twice as long but Heavenly Sword was far more memorable and I look back on it with a lot of fondness.

Moioink on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dang, I'd pick up Quest for Booty if it were a disc release.

edit: That's an epic list. I just popped into the store to check out the Valkyria demo. I want to see what the big deal is.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flower is the best ten dollars you can spend on the PSN.

Also, Valkyria Chronicles, because it cannot be recommended enough.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The demo of Valkyria Chronicles is still up right?
    I would recommend playing that before buying that game. I did not enjoy it at all.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited November 2009
    That IS quite an epic list.

Ok, here's my current situation:

Gonna camp GameStop for a PS3 on Black Friday (their lines are always pretty thin compared to BB/Walmart), will get God of War combo/Little Big Planet GOTY edition free. Gonna use their buy-2-get-1 promotion to get Uncharted 1, Disgaea 3 (WTF where did this come from) and Ratchet & Clank: ToD (all around $30 apiece roughly). Ordered Valkyria Chronicles off Walmart's website for $20 (had giftcards), and I ordered Infamous off Goozex since I had a spare 1000 points sitting around. I started to get Uncharted 2 off Goozex, but I was like... 600th in line, meh. I'll pick it up once I finish the first one.

I'm thinking of trading out some 360 games to go pick up Demon Souls and a few others, Heavenly Sword and Resistance probably on the list for that.

Amazing lists guys, thanks for all the help so far! Gives me lots of research to do while I'm supposed to be working the rest of the week :D I'm pretty up to date with DLC on the 360, is there a similiar amount on the PS3? I read that they have PSone games for DLC, what all's out there worth getting?

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Valkyria Chronicles isn't for everyone. But as a kid that grew up playing Xcom the game played great. (Felt like a neat evolution of that kind of combat, also canvas engine is easy on the eyes.) There just aren't any games like it anymore which is also another big part of the reason people like it.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i really really really wanna get demons souls once i get a ps3

Barcardi on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I already have a physical copy of Suikoden I but you should definitely pick it up on PSN.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah Demon's Souls is an awesome game if you like a challenge. Its not ball bustingly hard/frustrating as old NES games like Ninja Gaiden where you had like 3 lives and 3 continues. But you do get a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I already have a physical copy of Suikoden I but you should definitely pick it up on PSN.

....WHO THE FUCK DIDN'T TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE SUIKODEN 1 ON THE MARKET?!

IS THERE SUIKODEN 2?! WELL IS THERE MOTHERFUCKING SUIKODEN 2 ON THE MARKET DAMN IT! PLEASE TELL ME THAT IT IS!

Casually Hardcore on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Not on the US store at least.

(edit) Not in any region.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pixeljunk Eden and Monsters. Racers is pretty good too.

inFamous is a must.

All have demos...but I think you'd need to rent inFamous in order to get a fair evaluation of the gameplay. The demo didn't thrill me but I gave the full game a chance and it was fantastic.

Torso Boy on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

White Knight Chronicles is due out February and The Last Guardian is due out sometime next year. I don't think it's settled on a month yet.

The reason for Level 5's long localization process of White Knight, I think, is just because

A) It's Level 5 and that's what they do and
    B) The online modes included, I believe, are new to the game just for the EU and NA releases. I've looked around, but haven't really found a concrete answer, and I don't really care, because one of the modes is GeoRama mode. (Make your own town Dark Cloud 1 and 2-style, be able to go into other peoples towns, party etc.) Being a big fan of Dark Cloud 1 and 2, that's all I really need to know.

No, online's been in White Knight Chronicles for ages. But they've added voice chat and apparently added a lot more online content.

Anyway, even though you've mostly decided what you're buying, I'll still like my PS3 must haves:
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Burnout Paradise
    inFamous
    Killzone 2
    LittleBigPlanet
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
    Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time
    Uncharted
    Uncharted 2
    Valkyria Chronicles

And on the PSN:
    Critter Crunch
    Flower
    PixelJunk Eden
    PixelJunk Monsters
    Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
    Shatter
    Super Stardust HD
    Trine
    Wipeout HD

Of the PS1 games available, I'd probably recommend FFVII, MGS1 and Suikoden. The Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot games are still pretty good too.

cooljammer: If you feel like importing, R&C Quest for Booty came out on disc in PAL territories.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    disgaea3a.jpg

Though it never gets much attention here. Either no one here with a PS3 is into Disgaea, or it's just not as good as 2. Still an easy way to kill a few (hundred) hours.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have Disgaea 3 and it's fun and really great, but I can't bring myself to play it. I start thinking about all the craziness, Reverse world, Pirates, Reverse Pirates, Reverse Ninja Pirates, grinding, etc. and I just can't let myself go in and try to aspire to do all that stuff since I don't have that kind of time or drive. Not to mention I'm just not that great at Strategy RPGs. I can -easily- recommend it to somebody who likes those types of games, though.

And
    No, online's been in White Knight Chronicles for ages. But they've added voice chat and apparently added a lot more online content.

Yeah, I was about to come in and edit my post. Turns out the extra modes (GeoRama, GeoNet) have been in the Japan game for a time thanks to having it patched in. But it'll be all on-disk for us, as well as pretty much all the stuff Japan's gotten so far.

I swear, every other night I'd looked into it, I just found articles from when they were showing it off for NA and EU. But still, it'll be a great feature.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Christened my new PS3 this past week with:

infamouscover.jpg

variant on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Playing the demo convinced me inFamous was a very good game. It has a few problems - facial animation during cutscenes is the biggest - but after platinuming it and abandoning it for four months, I picked it up again and realized it's one of the games I really love.

It's got great art direction, mission design, sound work and the electricity effects are gorgeous, but thet's not why I love it:

It is so fun to play.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • ZeroNowZeroNow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My First Post!

Everyone seems to have covered everything, but nobody has suggested the brilliantly fun SuperSonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars on PSN. Great game for 10 mins of play between breakfast and setting off for work or something hehe.

I definately reaffirm some of the other games, little big planet, metal gear solid 4, infamous, uncharted(s), god of war etc

ZeroNow on
    Mortal+Avenger.png
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    greeble wrote: »
    Yeah Demon's Souls is an awesome game if you like a challenge. Its not ball bustingly hard/frustrating as old NES games like Ninja Gaiden where you had like 3 lives and 3 continues. But you do get a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

This is going to be my next purchase. I'm prowling Ebay to see if I can get it cheap. 60 bucks is a lot to pay for self-torture, 45 is more reasonable.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gametop's bundle is oh so tempting, even if I already own both God of War 1 and 2. I've heard a lot of great things about LBP, and the idea that it actually still has a good fan community amazes me.

Infamous was done by the same team that did Sly Cooper right? I'll buy anything they ever produce. It is a damn, damn shame that Sly gets overlooked every time when talking about great platformers.

NaturalNarcissist on
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Moioink wrote: »
    I will add to the Heavenly Sword recommendations. We'll probably never get a sequel but I hope Nariko will live on through Enslaved's female lead. :)

Some people say it's too short but personally most games are padded out and too long. I'd love for there to be more 6-8 hour games that mixes up gameplay styles and have high quality acting and writing. DMC4 might have been twice as long but Heavenly Sword was far more memorable and I look back on it with a lot of fondness.

Yes...exactly my experience.

Scotty on
    edited November 2009
    Gametop's bundle is oh so tempting, even if I already own both God of War 1 and 2. I've heard a lot of great things about LBP, and the idea that it actually still has a good fan community amazes me.

Infamous was done by the same team that did Sly Cooper right? I'll buy anything they ever produce. It is a damn, damn shame that Sly gets overlooked every time when talking about great platformers.

I think the biggest drive (at least for me) for GameStop's particular bundle is, well, timing. The way my town works, I can probably drive up to GameStop righ at like 5:30, be the first one in line (we have a strip store), walk in, get my shit, and leave while everyone is going bat-shit crazy in the Wal-Mart directly behind the strip outlet. If I wanted to get a PS3 at BB/Walmart, I'd probably hafta leave like... 10pm the night before, and sit there in the cold (and wet apparently, weather says its gonna rain) with a bunch of people I probably want 0 to do with.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't know if this is the right place for it or not, but...

I'm considering getting a PS3, but seeing as I only have an SDTV in my room, and don't want to hook it up to the big TV in the living room (It's a shared TV and I never, ever use it, and pretty much my roommates would have to stare at me playing games they don't care about...) Is there an easy way to hook up a PS3 to my computer monitor? It has DVI and VGA connections.

freakish light on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't know if this is the right place for it or not, but...

I'm considering getting a PS3, but seeing as I only have an SDTV in my room, and don't want to hook it up to the big TV in the living room (It's a shared TV and I never, ever use it, and pretty much my roommates would have to stare at me playing games they don't care about...) Is there an easy way to hook up a PS3 to my computer monitor? It has DVI and VGA connections.

Solution: Play multiplayer games, like streetfighter and tekken!

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig