As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

skull man is literally pimping us [regerlar or innernetdating thread]

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    also I wish I could do a search of this site to exclude profiles with "down to earth" in them

but I would probably get zero results!

#pipe on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »
    doggs just talk to women you meet in your life

you will be amazed at the result

Tried this.
    Results confused me.
    Plz send help,

Pink in Seattle.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    neville wrote: »

Tried this.
    Results confused me.
    Plz send help,

Pink in Seattle.

Dear Pink,

YOU'RE GAY

Regards,
    Dr. TMS

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    neville wrote: »

Tried this.
    Results confused me.
    Plz send help,

Pink in Seattle.

Dear Pink,

YOU'RE GAY

Regards,
    Dr. TMS

Dear Pot,

Hey! Long time no see!
    How've you been?

Love,
    Kettle

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Man, it is hard to write a profile that is not self-depreciating.
    I am, if anything, a man of passion - which, to put it somewhat less grandiosely, basically just means that when I find something I like I tend to burn it at both ends until I get absolutely sick of it, which could take anywhere from days to years depending on the particular subject. When I find a book or a movie I really enjoy I tend to spend a good few hours afterward just hunting down every bit of interesting trivia I can find on it.

Thoughts, anyone?

unless you actually talk like this when you are hanging out with friends I'd drop a heap of adjectives and just say what you mean without embellishment

i.e.

"I know what I like, and I am passionate about what I like. Sometimes I burn out on it because I get so into it. When I find a book or a movie I really enjoy I tend to spend a good few hours afterward just hunting down every bit of interesting trivia I can find on it."

I actually do talk like that - but let me give trimming down a shot.
    I am a man of passion - to put less pretentiously, just means that, when I find something I like, I tend to burn it at both ends until I get absolutely sick of it, however long that takes. I have a habit of wasting a few hours just hunting down random trivia for any movie or book I particularly like.

Better?

man see that just sounds depressing

you're adding a lot of words that aren't saying anything and are in fact hinting at the idea that whatever you like, you will eventually not like

such as you know

a GIRL

I was aware that could possibly be one of the unfortunate implications.

Alright, another shot at it...
    I am, at the base of things, a man of passion - when I find something I like, I have a tendency to burn it at both ends until I have entirely exhausted myself on the subject, or just exhausted myself in general. I often find myself finishing a book or movie only to immediately lose several hours searching down all the fascinating little bits of trivia I can find about it. I am a sucker for DVD extras, sequels, prequels, and will, given time, milk every last drop of entertainment/information out of any given subject.

I believe that opinions and personalities mean nothing in a vacuum, and that the unshared experience means infinitely less than the shared experience, that there's nothing that can't be improved or rejuvenated by having someone to discuss it with - good company makes everything better.

I think that entertainment is just as important a goal as true art, and that dumbstruck awe, cheap laughs, and "hell yes" are just as important for any work of art to inspire as any of the less base emotions.
    I don't know why are you so insistent on putting the words "burn it at both ends" in there. It strikes me as totally unnecessary... just say you are passionate about the things you like; you completely immerse yourself in something you find interesting.... then bam hop into bit about finishing a book or movie and all that. The second and third sentences in your paragraph are great. The first one (the most important one) is clumsy.

I dunno why I am still on about this but it just seems like a very awkward thing to say (both grammatically and personally) at the outset in any sort of setting.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Viv I think you need to burn this at both ends

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    All the girls I've ever liked have been taken or worse, engaged. It's like I'm being expected to force people into infidelity.
    so why are you attracted to unavailable women and why can't you get your own?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I need to get a chick friend to help me analyze my strengths and weaknesses, i'm too codependent to even figure out what i'm feeling, much less my qualities

right now it's like

Fallout
    23 - M - Sacramento
    Turn-Ons: ???
    Turn-Offs: go to hell

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fallout you just need to face the fact that no real life girl will ever compare to your Aion anime lady

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Had an account for like 3 hours, already blarting out a message to a girl

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i quit playing a few days before the first month was up

once i found out the whole mass PVP thing that the entire game was centered around was completely awful, it killed it for me

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    it's true though, the characters in the game are gorgeous

see: the pa comic about gabe and angelic perfection

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    aw yeah, just got a nibble from a cute, 22 year old photography student

2366842_2393772_0_5_0.jpg

good thing emo chicks give me massive boners

#pipe on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Had an account for like 3 hours, already blarting out a message to a girl

"blarting" is the best term I've ever heard

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    aw yeah, just got a nibble from a cute, 22 year old photography student

2366842_2393772_0_5_0.jpg

good thing emo chicks give me massive boners

nice

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    NAIL THAT hashpipe NAIL IT HARD

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pipe you should nail that.

As in nail her foot to the floor so she can't go near you.

Blake T on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    She looks crazy

hit that

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hit it hit it hit it hit it hit it hit it hit it hit it hit it hit it hit it.
    Or not, totally up to you dude

Gatsby on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    She looks like a girl I dated in high school

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    She looks fat

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    She looks fat
    You'd think being a photography student she'd be able to hide that.

Blake T on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey guys the 'no pictures ofpeople without their consent' rule is still in effect

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    aw c'mon ori, she looks like she'd be ok with it

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So....
    I sitll have no idea how to fix mine other than the mention of I might be immortal or at least immoral

Brainleech on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dang pipe so was that from okc or rsvp

also hey is skull man around to judge people

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hey now my okc profile has in fact gotten me into contact with about half a dozen different ladies

only one of whom i've actually decided to meet

and bone

ha!

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/page5

it is very incomplete and bad, i think...

Iskander on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just showed up

who wants a reading, first pref to pipe cause he's been asking

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Iskander wrote: »
    hey now my okc profile has in fact gotten me into contact with about half a dozen different ladies

and bone

ha!

It's better than mine

But why is that poem in german shows up to me in english?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    do me skull man do me
    in the butt!

Iskander on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    on it

Skull Man on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

and bone

ha!

81% friend!

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009

and bone

ha!

81% friend!

let's date!

Iskander on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    *smooch smooch*

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    For Air

My Self-Summary
    I am a university student whose studies have had a big influence on the way I live my life. This means that I can easily forget about any pressing concerns and make an online profile for myself while being distracted by the tv.

This is good, university student is a good thing to be. Fun, young, probably not an idiot, probably into some weird fun stuff while you're forming your grown-up personality. One mistake here is you're falling into what I'm now going to call the "profile perspective". Don't talk about the act of writing the profile in the profile. I know it seems self-aware and meta, but really it's just so common as to be boring.

What I’m doing with my life
    I study Engineering so I guess you could say I am technically minded, though if something is broken I will usually just kick it until it fixes itself. I also did an Arts major in Japanese and now have free choice of a few subjects to finish up. With one year left as a student I am hoping to ramp up both work and play to make it a memorable and satisfying finish to this particular chapter. Thoughts for what to do post graduation swing between 'travel the world' and 'work a little bit to get some experience and money with which to travel the world' before settling on 'I will think about it later'.

You're at a perfect place here: still in college, yet about to be a real-style adult. You've got the opportunity to attract the maximum number of ladies here. Talk about a specific place you might want to travel to. Talk about the job you might be getting, and where. Maybe mention an internship or interview you've had/hope to have. Show your plan, or at least pretend you have one. Ladies like a guy with a specific plan--it's a guy who has his act together.

My favorite books, movies, music, and food
    When I was a kid I read books all the damn time, and I kinda miss it. Now I settle for other distractions so these days I don't read quite so much, and I don't get through a book as quick as I used to. I keep meaning to expand my literary knowledge, though I generally stick to a particular author who I am a fan of at the time, with the odd title here and there of books that I have heard of numerous times and want to see what the fuss is about. This means my shelf has a few books recommended to me like Shantaram, a few classic books I sought out such as The Great Gatsby and Catcher in the Rye, but is still mostly Haruki Murakami books.

Talk about some of those books you read as a kid. You've got the student/adult balance going well, so pitch some broadly-accessible nostalgia in there, like The Hobbit or something. Mention some more authors you like now, try to pick at least one that's at least kind of well-known.

My taste in movies is pretty open, however these days I tend to watch more tv shows than films. Favourite shows include 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, and The Wire. Basically shows that are silly and funny, or in depth and serious, either leading to long discussions with friends about the motivations of different characters or trying to stifle laughter on a crowded bus because I suddenly remembered a scene where someone fell over.

This is good, even though now you kind of seem like a crazy person. But crazy can be ok, in very manageable doses.

Music - My collection seems to be predominantly hiphop, but that just happens to be what I've added the most of over the years. I don't listen to the radio very much, though when I do its usually fbi or jjj.

You like hiphop? Me too. However, I still feel like I don't know you because hiphop is such a broad genre. Get a little more specific. Do you like NWA or Talib Kweli? Jay-Z or Mos Def?

I like cooking but I prefer takeout. This is because I don't have to hose down the kitchen afterwards or apologize to everyone for the food.

Maybe mention that you're fairly good at cooking. Even if that's kind of a lie.

The six things I could never do without
    Jeans
    Sneakers
    A computer
    An alarm to wake me up because I spent all night on the computer
    Coffee because I didn't get enough sleep
    A car because now it's too late to catch the bus

Self-deprecating, but not too much. Good balance. Maybe change it up a little to seem less like a man who only exists to computer and computercomputer

I spend a lot of time thinking about
    The rattling noise coming from my fridge, fixing the broken speaker in my car, whether there is a better system of clothes management than throwing them all in a pile, and how long I can put them all off until they come together to make a Wacky Situation.

Not a bad profile. Try to sell yourself just a little more in the "time thinking about" section as this is the last thing that your viewer will see about you. But all in all, not bad.

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Do me I want to see what horrors await
    So boring

Brainleech on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Goddamn Skull Man you are good at this you and I have the same approach to dating and attraction none of this PUA bullshit

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    She looks fat
    You'd think being a photography student she'd be able to hide that.

well she gave it a go with the filter and myspace angle.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    for brainleech
    My Self-Summary
    I came here because I was curious about it
    I am my worst enemy it seems

Lies go here as I was told once but then I don't have any good ones?
    I know my profile is rather vague
    I just don't know where to start or how to describe myself

This seems like a poem. Are you writing a poem? I can't tell! Vague is right, as in vague feeling of unease.

I sprang fully clothed and armed from Zeus' head

Alright!
    What I’m doing with my life
    Nothing constructive as of now. I kind of hit a time where it went all arye and left me to think about it and here I am still thinking about it

Ladies don't really like a man who is doing literally nothing with his life, surprisingly! Maybe...don't say this.

Well if you are still reading what I am doing is
    Attempting to finish school
    Being odd and werid to people it seems

Attempting is a bad word. It seems like you're going to fail. Also odd and weird. What is this, man? You seem like a guy who wants to meet women to hold them perfectly still while you hum into their ear. And you don't care who knows it.

I’m really good at
    I learn fast
    Not everything I know is trivia either
    Making odd jokes that make you think

Are there any other things? You kind of seem like a weird robot. Maybe make a joke to show that joking-talent.

The first things people usually notice about me
    How tall I am and how quiet I am

See? Tall quiet robot. Talk about being handsome! Or not! Tall is fine. Actually, man, just keep it.

My favorite books, movies, music, and food
    I don't know what I like, only know what I don't

Ok.

I really cannot say I have a favorite book. movie, song or food.

You can't mention a single book, movie, or band you like. What the hell, man. What the hell.

There are foods I enjoy but I try to fave them rarely as some of them are bad

What?

I read a lot so I don't have a favorite book there are books I have enjoyed over the years but can I say I really like one of them above the rest?

MAYBE MENTION EVEN ONE SINGLE BOOK

I enjoy playing games like 40k, various rpgs and puzzle games.

Alright, man. Alright. Ok.

The six things I could never do without
    Durr air and food the obvious ones

Ok. "things I could never do without" is not the same was "what boring things do humans need to live". Talk about those things that you're really passionate about...have you not been programmed for passion??!

I do enjoy my dog's companionship because a coyote is fun to have for a pet

Ok maybe talk about how/why you have a coyote. Or why you describe your dog as one. Or whatever.

I spend a lot of time thinking about
    Far too much to even describe let alone write about in this space

Such as

On a typical Friday night I am
    At work bored out of my mind. It does not help I talk to people there for my own causal amusement

Women love a guy who is never available on Friday.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit here
    I could say I have no secrets and there is nothing that you should know

Seriously? At this point I feel like you're just fucking with me.

You should message me if
    You have questions I understand
    If you want to help me fix or make something of this page

How would they know? YOU HAVE OFFERED NOTHING ABOUT YOURSELF.

Seriously man. Open this up with some information. Things you like. Things you dislike. A personal swear that you are not a deadly woman-eating robot.

Skull Man on
This discussion has been closed.