As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2009 - This is the best Secret Santa in the universe! SRSLY!

• Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So my Santee is never going to get all of this before the 25th, it's still not all here yet. I'm hoping it will be here by the second week of December. Just an FYI to any mods who think I may have been a deadbeat....I'm not, I just live in a land far far away.

Also, whats the average dollar amount spent on each person?

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    WraithXt1 wrote: »
    So my Santee is never going to get all of this before the 25th, it's still not all here yet. I'm hoping it will be here by the second week of December. Just an FYI to any mods who think I may have been a deadbeat....I'm not, I just live in a land far far away.

Probably about $50 U.S. ...but probably more. Has to be at least $20 though. (As far as I know)

Scotty on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Scotty wrote: »

Probably about $50 U.S. ...but probably more. Has to be at least $20 though. (As far as I know)

You can't put a price on love though!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »

You can't put a price on love though!

Well, it depends on what kind of love.... :winky:

Slagmire on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Rest assured that some people will always go for the bare minimum...

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just ordered the first component of my gift. For this component, I have just got something that I think is awesome, and would want. I'm also going to get something that my stalking has lead me to know my santee wants.

LewieP on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The G&T Secret Santa 2009 wall is now up and the 2008 wall was moved (but is linked from the new page). I've started adding people but since I'm not doing it all by hand this time there might be kinks in the system, if you see something that doesn't make sense, please let me know.

Hypatia on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My gift box is all packed up, man it's pretty heavy, and all that's left to do is cut out letters from magazines to make the note that goes with the gift. Oh wait, are you not supposed to write Christmas letters like ransom notes?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My gift box is all packed up, man it's pretty heavy, and all that's left to do is cut out letters from magazines to make the note that goes with the gift. Oh wait, are you not supposed to write Christmas letters like ransom notes?

I think you pretty much have to now.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

I think you pretty much have to now.

It would probably give me away at this point. I'll just write dirty things on the outside of the box.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I found out this weekend that the components that would otherwise make my cool gift an awesome gift are prohibitively expensive. That, and I don't need Customs tearing the thing apart because they see wires and whatnot. Sorry, Santee, looks like you're just getting the items and a funny letter this year!

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck, looks like my gift has gone AWOL on the route. Everything has been re-funded, but I'm back to the drawing board.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hypatia wrote: »
    The G&T Secret Santa 2009 wall is now up and the 2008 wall was moved (but is linked from the new page). I've started adding people but since I'm not doing it all by hand this time there might be kinks in the system, if you see something that doesn't make sense, please let me know.

You have fucked me up with honor!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So if one needed an proxy...

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

...one would have one available. This one.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

...one would have one available. This one.

...and would now have to wait at least a day so their Santee doesn't get suspicious. Seriously people you can't advertise in public for them or your Santa will twig when he gets a PM five minutes later. Just PM the last guy who posted in the thread, he's probably cool.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hypatia wrote: »
    Looks good, but we will fuck you up with our generosity? I gotta be honest. I'm not a big fan of the tag line. :?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I am a huge fan and a completely unbiased one.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I feel like I should apologize to my Santa for being absent the past few days (week?). I recently convinced my girlfriend that we should buy a PS3, and I rented Assassin's Creed 2 to commemorate the event. Given that this information has not been posted anywhere in the forums, or the internet for that matter, I figured I'd give you a heads up that I now own a whole new system. Games I own for it include the following:

Metal Gear Solid 4
    LittleBigPlanet
    Oblivion
    Final Fantasy VII (PSN)
    Silent Hill 1 (PSN)

So as you can see, I have a ways to go to get caught up with the PS3. I do have Infamous and God of War Collection checked out through Gamefly, too. I also recently bought NSMBWii, and now have to go to the backlog thread and admit my to fall off the wagon.

Dourin on
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My Santee should be getting their package sometime today. I haven't actually checked the tracking yet, but this is what the nice UPS lady told me. So it might actually get there tomorrow or something.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    My Santee should be getting their package sometime today. I haven't actually checked the tracking yet, but this is what the nice UPS lady told me. So it might actually get there tomorrow or something.

Great. Now every knock at the door is gonna make me jump up in excitement.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, I'm not sure, but I think I may have something waiting for me at home. My girlfriend just IM'd me to let me know that I had gotten something in from Amazon. My UE3 Game Design textbook arrived last week, so am not expecting anything from Amazon. Now I just have to suffer through the next 2 hours of work, and try to not wreck my car trying to get home. If it is indeed Christmas cheer from my Santa, I will hopefully have pictures posted tonight. I warn you though, I have a terribad camera.

Dourin on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Should be sending both my packages this Thursday. It didn't take very long last year so I am confident it will get there in good time.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    All my stuff is in order, I just need to organize & pack it and come up with a cool letter and/or box to include. I will probably send it out on Sunday, as I don't want to risk the gift arriving on or about Thanksgiving and have the recipient be unavailable.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can't wait until my Santee gets their gift. I originally wanted them to wait until Christmas, but now I'm excited about them getting the stuff. :D

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santee,

Your package has shipped!

Too bad it's coming to my house first. Mwahahaha.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've decided what I'm getting for my Santee. Due to international shipping, I though it would be better to spend more cash at Amazon that ship from here. So what would you guys recommend to make it a little more personal, PM, Email, Letter?

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Huzzah! The final piece has been shipped to me! Now the real work begins~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Anarchy wrote: »
    I've decided what I'm getting for my Santee. Due to international shipping, I though it would be better to spend more cash at Amazon that ship from here. So what would you guys recommend to make it a little more personal, PM, Email, Letter?

Cash. Small, varied used bills.

Willeth on
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Think my Santee would want an enormous jug of pure maple syrup?

Its very Canadian

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Its very Canadian

I would pity the person who wouldn't want an enormous jug of maple syrup.
    I don't think I would call such a one a "person" at all, instead referring to him/her/it as a sad, soulless, lump of unhappy flesh.

see317 on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mmm Maple Syrup!

Don't think us continentals can't buy that here though!

I had to go all the way to a nature food store to get that stuff grmbl grmbl :?

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    see317 wrote: »

Its very Canadian

I would pity the person who wouldn't want an enormous jug of maple syrup.
    I don't think I would call such a one a "person" at all, instead referring to him/her/it as a sad, soulless, lump of unhappy flesh.

personally, i do not really like the taste.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My Santee is very difficult to get a gift for. His tastes in nerdyness are on a different side of the spectrum than mine. He likes the RPG's and I like the FPS's. He likes the RTS's and I just like acronyms.

I will find something(s) if it ends me!!!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anarchy wrote: »

I think a letter with maybe something small and personal in the envelope. That's what I'm doing.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mmm... syrup. I'd make celebratory Xmas pancakes if I ever got a jug of Canadian maple syrup as a present.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My family has started having a large breakfast Christmas morning to lessen the focus on presents. Always plenty of maple syrup to go around.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My family has started having a large breakfast Christmas morning to lessen the focus on presents. Always plenty of maple syrup to go around.

That is awesome.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i got something in the mail today. something... jolly!

and here are pictures of it.
    27119996.jpg
    A mysterious parcel from Englandland! Lt. Tickles (of the 403rd Mechanized Kitty Division) is intrigued.

20733019.jpg
    And inside... treasure! After some unwrapping, objects of interest were revealed.

45262802.jpg
    A totally awesome HR Giger art book, and Evil Dead 2 on Bluray. This is Awesome.

18019799.jpg
    The Kickass PA Secret Santa Mix CD 2009, overflowing with holiday SPIRIT! and an Atari keychain with dang Asteroids on it. I used to be able to flip the score on that on my Atari back in the day, I wonder how my skills hold up?

92664015.jpg
    Incredible edibles! Thus far I have sampled the Hobnobs and they are tasty as a motherfucker. Big fan of the Pac-Man sours too, just from the packaging. And the Tunnock's caramel wafers sound delicious, going to dig into those in a second here. Mmmmmmm.

10785538.jpg
    The whole shebang.

18218160.jpg
    And a whole box full of mystifying delights for the Lieutenant!

Thanks a ton Peppersinclaire! You're a Good Person®. I'm gonna go get all holiday'd up and put on Evil Dead 2.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Great call on the Tunnock's! I shall have to remember that for next year.

Willeth on
This discussion has been closed.