As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uncharted 2: Electric Goddamn Boogaloo

• Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've been going through first uncharted in hard so I can unlock the highest difficulty. I do not notice any difference in shooting mechanic from the second one. the a.i. dances a lot more though. fucking duck and slide shit is pissing me off.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The pirates are also dancers.

hottoq on
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I haven't touched this series before, but got the first one real cheap yesterday. I am now missing 8 hours. I'm not done with the whole thing yet, but holy shit!
    A WWII german submarine in the middle of the jungle? Jet skiing up a whitewater jungle river? Yes please.

And the second game is better?

Yann on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yann wrote: »
    I haven't touched this series before, but got the first one real cheap yesterday. I am now missing 8 hours. I'm not done with the whole thing yet, but holy shit!
    A WWII german submarine in the middle of the jungle? Jet skiing up a whitewater jungle river? Yes please.

And the second game is better?

I loved the first game, it's one of my favourite games of all time.

And the sequel is SO much better.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The only problem with the second game is the plot feels kind of familiar to the first. But otherwise everything is better.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Its good at the misdirection and interpretation but the endings are kind of samey yes.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! THREE MONTHS ON I'M FINALLY FUCKING UNJAILED! Now to get jailed again for nothing :(

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1044396p1.html

ign article, but give it a chance! Its actually pretty good.

deadlydorito on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I just finished the first game on normal and immediately started a new game on hard.

I don't really get how the bonuses you unlock works. Like, playing on hard I usually get "you need to complete the game on crushing to be able to use this" when I try to select weapons. But then every now and again when I check the menu they are available and I can use them.

And I assume I have to complete the entire game on hard to unlock crushing?

Yann on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    weapons and other perk unlocks are made available by medal (trophy) points

so when you get a new medal for a certain number of kills or collecting x many treasures it unlocks features like selectable weapons, behind the scenes videos and new skins and filters

and yeah, crushing is unlocked by beating the game on hard. don't use weapon or other cheat bonuses though, or they'll make your playthough redundant

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You know what makes multiplayer infinitely more enjoyable? Actually being able to play it without connection errors. I replaced a brand new Belkin router with one that actually plays nice with the PS3, and suddenly all my issues are gone. I've actually been purposefully not playing in parties with other PAers because I didn't want their games to be messed up with my connection issues. No more. I'll be in the PA U2 chat room whenever I'm on my PS3, even when I'm not playing U2... I'm up for some MP action whenever.

Also, there's DLC for this game coming out, right? I think I remember hearing about that. Any ideas/speculation on what it will be? I downloaded that comic-episode thing on PSN but haven't watched it yet. It the DLC just going to be more of those or something else?

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Uncharted 3: with new playable character Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr.

Henry Jones... junior

That would be fucking awesome.

But it would never happen.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bficky wrote: »
    You know what makes multiplayer infinitely more enjoyable? Actually being able to play it without connection errors. I replaced a brand new Belkin router with one that actually plays nice with the PS3, and suddenly all my issues are gone. I've actually been purposefully not playing in parties with other PAers because I didn't want their games to be messed up with my connection issues. No more. I'll be in the PA U2 chat room whenever I'm on my PS3, even when I'm not playing U2... I'm up for some MP action whenever.

Also, there's DLC for this game coming out, right? I think I remember hearing about that. Any ideas/speculation on what it will be? I downloaded that comic-episode thing on PSN but haven't watched it yet. It the DLC just going to be more of those or something else?

I'm pretty sure ND has said the DLC will be for competitive MP. Maps and/or skins probably. I think they even said that that was (unfortunately) the only area they could really add to. Might be wrong though.

The comic thing will go on as well, just don't know when.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bsjezz wrote: »
    weapons and other perk unlocks are made available by medal (trophy) points

so when you get a new medal for a certain number of kills or collecting x many treasures it unlocks features like selectable weapons, behind the scenes videos and new skins and filters

and yeah, crushing is unlocked by beating the game on hard. don't use weapon or other cheat bonuses though, or they'll make your playthough redundant

You sure about that? People seem to be saying different things.

I'm surprised such a polished game doesn't work better in that regard. Why not do it on a chapter by chapter basis, like halo? Let me do them in any order I want and mark them clearly with what difficulty I've completed them at.

Oh, and let me know how many treasures I have left to find per chapter as well. I'm not gonna play through the entire game looking for that last one I missed somewhere...

Yann on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I'm like 75 percent done with UC1, and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and the silly plot twist to happen. I'm playing it as a person who knows the twists, so I keep waiting for it.

I probably shouldn't, but since it's sort of out in the non-spoilered open that UC2 also has a similar plot/twist that I won't spoil for people who are clean, I just want to say that I hope it's not a last act one again. If it progresses naturally, maybe at the midway point, then perhaps I won't have such an issue with it.

Then again, I'm not actually at the twist yet in UC1, so while I know what it is and have seen others play through it, I myself have not played it and can't really judge. In fact, maybe anyone who wants to talk about UC1 shouldn't come into a UC2 thread, since people will still let out spoilers and then get indignant when we complain.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh, and let me know how many treasures I have left to find per chapter as well. I'm not gonna play through the entire game looking for that last one I missed somewhere...
    At least they name the treasures so you can figure out which you've missed with a walk-through.

Curse you inFamous, I'm not wasting my time trying to find the last 5 shards for a platinum!

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

It actually does that. If you go in at the main menu and select a chapter, it'll tell you exactly that.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    David_T wrote: »

It actually does that. If you go in at the main menu and select a chapter, it'll tell you exactly that.

In the first game?

Yann on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

In the first game?

Oh, no. Didn't follow the quote, sorry. They just fixed it for the second one, which was one of the first things I saw that made me go "Oh, neat".

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

In the first game?

Oh, no. Didn't follow the quote, sorry. They just fixed it for the second one, which was one of the first things I saw that made me go "Oh, neat".

Thats pretty cool at least. Luckily I'm not very OCD when it comes to trophies and shit like that.

Yann on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well the treasures in the first game are a bit simpler to get too. They are always on a flat surface somewhere. There are several in 2 that are on handholds on a wall, or where you have to swing on a rope to get to, or shoot down from some place.

Yeah if you realy want to go after a full treasure run just bring up a treasure list and compair it to a guide. Preaty sure that they propigate the list by the order you found them in. So if you've already done two play throughs you will probly have to check the list twice.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Some guns or grenades have a blue ski mask icon when I pick them up, what does that mean?

Zenitram on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Zenitram wrote: »
    Some guns or grenades have a blue ski mask icon when I pick them up, what does that mean?

You get them from a stealth kill. The mask means they're better (or in the case of grenades, present) versions of what the grunt would have carried, had you just shot them. Basically, if they would've had the low pistol, you got a better pistol than that or if you got a grenade, you wouldn't have gotten a grenade from them originally.

It's pretty much a reward for being awesome.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nitpicks -
    Nate still does that weird slide when he goes from walking to running.
    Next time, I hope they make the jumps a bit more believable. I get that he's athletic but here he's making jumps that just aren't humanly possible.

God, multiplayer has it hooks in me deep. I'm sick of trying to clear Survival with pubs. Won't one of you brilliant talents help me out?

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hey, I just got to the genre shift in UC1. It's actually pretty fun, especially since it comes after that cheap gunfight right before.

edit: Nevermind. Now it's all spawn closets and narrow corridors.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey, I just got to the genre shift in UC1. It's actually pretty fun, especially since it comes after that cheap gunfight right before.

edit: Nevermind. Now it's all spawn closets and narrow corridors.

just wait. the gameplay change never expires itself with one tired idea, it's more like a series of fun twists to the combat before the game's full-barelled strategic finale

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nitpicks -
    Nate still does that weird slide when he goes from walking to running.
    Next time, I hope they make the jumps a bit more believable. I get that he's athletic but here he's making jumps that just aren't humanly possible.

God, multiplayer has it hooks in me deep. I'm sick of trying to clear Survival with pubs. Won't one of you brilliant talents help me out?

Unfortunatly my gamming time will be sparse at best untill thursday. At which point I would love to do some arena. Though I warn you my skill may be a bit dulled from all the dragon age I've been playing lately. I totaly agree though I had a pug game this weekend where my partner decided to get the choke hold off me with a grenade. Why I didn't just quit that game there I will never know.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My pug teammates use rocket launchers to get them off me.

/facepalm

I remember one game we got to level 10 of survival in the monestary...we were doing pretty good, i was almost out of ammo on a high vantage point and some heavily armed minigunners were under me so i couldnt get a target...so i jump over the wall so i can fall down behind the guy and grab some ammo since he was targetted on the other player in the opposite direction. As soon as i hit the ground, a grenade launcher takes out the minigunner and myself...and the round finishes...*cry* no money for me for round 10..

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Goddamn you, Navarro! Goddamn you and your thugs!

edit: Nevermind. In this case, listening to the walkthrough I was reading was getting me shot to death.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Starting up Among Thieves now.

Easy, or VERY easy?

edit: Okay, so I'm not getting my cash bonus from Drake's Fortune. Do I have to pop UC1 back in, skip to "Showdown", beat it again and then save? I did start a new game but I should still have my trophies and whatnot, right? I want my UC2 cash!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Starting up Among Thieves now.

Easy, or VERY easy?

Hard. Crushing on Uncharted 2 is comperable to hard on Uncharted 1. VE I imagine you could quite possibly melee your way through the whole game cept for armor and snipers.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I didn't really have all that much trouble on hard first time through.

It's somewhat easier than the first game to me.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The cash bonus is only for multiplayer, not single. Are you looking at the right thing?

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I dont think i got the cash bonus but that was because they didnt add trophy support until after i had beat it last. you may have to start a brand new uncharted 1 game and playthrough completely to get all the trophies. Then you can go into the store and i hear there is a button that will make it check for your trophies to give the cash.

azith28 on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You also have to start up a UC2 game first. If you dont' have a UC2 save, you can't import the cash.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    You also have to start up a UC2 game first. If you dont' have a UC2 save, you can't import the cash.

Truth. I thought mine was borked too, but I was trying to get the $100k bonus by going into the multiplayer store. Start a new game (I vote for Normal your first time through, btw) and go into the single player store to get your $100k.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Sorry for the double post, but:

Naughty Dog on Twitter: "Things are looking up that we're going to have something quite awesome lined up for multiplayer at the end of this week."

Another double-cash holiday weekend? Every Hero is a Native American and every Villain is a pilgrim? (:P) I saw something about adding new playlists, like Deathmatch-variants only. Hopefully something like that.

bficky on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Plunder-only playlists please.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Plunder-only playlists please.

I would love this.

I played a Plunder last night that lasted almost the entire 20:00 and was action packed the whole time. My team won, I captured the treasure three times, and finished with 30something kills. I got over $20k in that one game (that may not be that high for pros, but that was at least double my second best game earnings wise).

bficky on
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just beat this last night.

*squeal*

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Now start it on the next difficulty and play through it again!
    *squeeeeel*

:)
    Honestly the last game where i immediately started the game over on the higher difficulty (with UC2 i went from normal to hard) after beating it.....maybe bioshock? UC2 seriously has pulled me back to play it again and again in a very busy game season...incredible game.

azith28 on