As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mordheim: City of the Damned

• Options
    gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Part #2
    Starting Locations

Black Pit Settlement: 
    Prestige: 3
    Income: 2
    Station: 15
    Open to: Skaven, Beastmen, Undead, Human Mercenaries, Possessed

Brigandsburg
    Prestige: 5
    Income: 5
    Open to: Human Mercenaries, Witch Hunter’s, Sister’s of Sigmar, Dwarves, Carnival of Chaos

Cutthroat’s Den 
    Open to: Human Mercenaries, Skaven, Beastmen, Possessed, Orcs

Deepinark
    Open to: Elves, Beastmen, Undead, Skaven, Possessed, Orcs

Grunak
    Open to: Dwarves, Elves, Beastmen, Orcs

Karg Az 
    Open to: Darves, Elves, Beastmen, Orcs, Undead

Sigmar Haven 
    Open to: Sister’s, Witch Hunters, Human Mercenaries

Sylvien Moor
    Open to: Elves, Human Mercenaries

The Districts

Cemetery of St. Doffer
    Prestige: 10
    Income: 3
    Station: 5
    General Bonus
    	Bury your dead: When a hero class member of your warband dies, all units receive a +1 bonus to their leadership in the next battle.

Undead Bonus
    	Grave Robber: You may add +2 to Station in this district if the units are zombies and you may exceed the maximum warband limit by one if the extra unit is a zombie. Control of this district also allows you to maintain zombie and skeleton units on the map without a vampire or necromancer leader. These units may not be used for offensive purposes. Finally, when defending this district, Necromancers receive a +1 bonus to all spell casting rolls.

City Hall
    Prestige: 15
    Income: 9
    Station: 7
    General Bonus
    	By the Powers Vested in Me: You gain the ability to propose laws and house rules. All ideas presented must be voted on by all players and require a majority to become effective. (Ideally, a stack of random political cards would be very nice.) Ideas for laws include:

Expansion Limit: You may not take more than one territory per campaign turn.
    Hero Limit: You can only employ a certain number of hero’s in your entire army.
    Magic Outlawed: No one may hire casters, or, they are very hard to find.

Clock Tower
    General Bonus
    	Scouting: You can see the city for miles. You may move reinforcements to and from a district that you control in response to an enemy attack. The districts cannot be further than 2 spaces away from the Clock Tower.

Riekland Bonus
    	Sniper: Anytime an enemy warband moves in or through a district that is one space away from the Clock Tower. Choose a stationed Hero (if there is no hero, you may not use this ability) and test his BS; If the result is a 6, you may choose which unit the target of the attack is. The player of the enemy warband chooses the target on a result of 1-5. If the attack is successful, the unit is immediately destroyed if a henchman, or if a Hero, is forced to make an injury test as per the normal after battle rules.

Count Eleinhart’s Palace
    Income: 10
    Station: 6
    General Bonus: 
    	Luxurious Quarters: When rolling to determine if injuries were inflicted on your leader, you may reroll the result and choose the roll of your liking.

Marienburg Bonus
    Comfortable Living: Add +3 to the Prestige, Income and Station score of this district.

Docks
    Prestige:
    Income:
    Station:
    General Bonus
    The Water’s be Ours: You control the river system that runs through Mordheim. The local shipwrights now do your bidding. You gain +1 Campaign Map movement when using the river and you also gain control of all purchases and sales of boats. Immediately gain a free boat. 

Pirate’s Bonus
    	Avast!: When attacking from the river, your units all gain +1 to their WS and BS.

Execution Square
    General Bonus
    	Serious Consequences: Two steps forward, no steps backward! On pain of death, all henchmen gain +1 to rolls against routing. This bonus stacks with any others listed in other districts.

Witchhunters Bonus
    	Burn the Witch!: Zealots now gain the benefits of this special ability. Also, if a magic user is put out of action during a combat with your warband, you capture him on a roll of 1-4. He is immediately put to death.

Gatehouse (North, West, South, East and River)
    Prestige: 4
    Station: 10
    General Bonus
    	Man the Walls!: When fighting in this district, you always choose order of placement, regardless of scenario. Additionally, your warband receives +1 to all rolls against routing when defending this district

The City is Ours!: If you control all five gatehouses in Mordheim, you effectively seal off the entire city. No one may pass into or out of the city without clashing with your forces. The defending district is the closest one to the breech.

Great Library of Mordheim
    Prestige: 9
    Station 5:
    General Bonus
    Now I Know my ABC’s: You may choose a hero unit class in your warband that does not ordinarily have access to Academic skills. Academics are now available to that specific hero class unit when they attain a new skill from experience. 

Poor Quarter
    Prestige: 1
    Income: 1
    General Bonus
    	Exploiting the Masses: Send the beggars to do your bidding! For every three points of Ld score that your leader has, you may change 1 dice number by +1/-1 for treasure finding.

Sisters Bonus
    	Sympathy Vote: The poor love a hot martyr! When the Sisters control this territory, Income increases by +3. Also, when using Exploit the Masses, Sisters may change 1 dice number by +1/-1 for every two points of leadership.

Market Square
    Prestige: 2
    Station: 3
    General Bonus
    	Greater Network: You add +2 to all rolls when attempting to purchase rare items.

Merchant’s Quarter
    Prestige: 8
    Station 5: 
    General Bonus
    High Unemployment: If any of your units die or are captured, your warband or district retains the gear he was carrying.

Middle Bridge
    Prestige: 15
    Income: 8
    Station: 10
    General Bonus
    	Key to Mordheim: You have secured the only river crossing in Mordheim, allowing fast passage for your troop. You may now move reinforcements two spaces per turn.

Ramerk
    General Bonus:
    	Tent Town: Your forces can rest on the move; the spaces adjacent to this district do not count against you during the Movement phase.

Orcs Bonus:
    	Filth: Living in tent town has made their immune system and resistance to outside agents strong. All units gain +1 to rolls to resist disease, poison and spells.

Raven Barracks
    Station: 7
    General Bonus
    Veteran’s Haven: All dramatis personae/hired swords hiring and retainer fees are reduced by 10%.

Middenheim Bonus
    	Camaraderie: Middenheim heroes may reroll injury checks during the battle aftermath phase and choose either result. Middenheim henchmen are only removed on a roll of 1. Station increases by +3. 

Rich Quarter
    Income: 14
    Station 5:
    General Bonus
    None 

Ruprecht Von Epson Amphitheatre
    Prestige: 11
    General Bonus
    Are You Not Entertained?: By spending 30 gold and hiring entertainers, your main warband receives a +1 Morale bonus to WS, BS or I for the next combat.

Carnival of Chaos Bonus
    	The World is a Stage: The Carnival gains +3 to Station and immediately gains 2 henchmen units to be placed in this district. Should these units die in a battle over this district and you are able to retain control, these two units are automatically replaced at the beginning of your next campaign turn.

Steinhardt Memorial Gardens
    General Bonus
    	Healing Herbs: All Drugs and Poisons are bought at base price (no variable applied) and you add +1 to all rarity rolls when purchasing them.

Elves Bonus (Either type)
    	Camouflage: All enemies attempting to spot Elves while attacking this district suffer -1 to Initiative checks. Elf Bows and cloaks are not subject to rarity restrictions and are bought at half cost. Increase Station by +3.

Statue of Count Gotthard 
    Prestige: 2
    General Bonus
    	Brothers in Arms: Henchmen earn +1 Group Experience after a successful battle where their unit class did not suffer a casualty. There must be more than one unit class type in the warband to receive this bonus experience.

Skaven Bonus
    	Vast Tunnels: The Skaven have a myriad of tunnels, and many intersect at a spot underneath the Count Gotthard Statue. Skaven may send any number of units from any controlled district to this area on a single campaign turn as long as it does not exceed the Station number. Skaven add +3 to Station in this district. Note: You may move more than the Station limit if the forces are being moved into an adjacent district for a battle on the same campaign turn.

Stirland Fjord
    Prestige: 0
    Income: 0
    General Bonus:
    	River Access: You may move units up and down the river 2 spaces if your faction owns a boat.

Temple of Morr
    Income: 4
    Station: 6
    General Bonus
    Divine Inheritence: You dedicate the ruins of this temple to the deity of your choice. If you have a spellcaster of either Horned or Prayers (excluding Sisters of Sigmar), he gains a new spell of his choice from the appropriate list immediately and gains +1 morale bonus to all spellcasting rolls while you control this district.

Temple of Sigmar
    General Bonus
    	None

Sisters of Sigmar Bonus
    Holy Inspiration: Your spellcaster gains a new spell of her choice from the appropriate list immediately and gains +1 morale bonus to all spellcasting rolls while you control this district. Also, increase Station by +3.

The Gaol
    Prestige: 6
    Income: 6
    General Bonus
    	Training Grounds: When rolling for experience advancement, you may reroll a result and choose one of the two.

The Pit
    Prestige: 25
    Income: 0
    Station: special, see below
    General Bonus
    Wyrdstone Monopoly: All other warbands receive -3 to their rolls when searching for Wyrdstone.

Possessed Bonus
    	Hallowed Ground: Your Magister is overcome by the corruption of The Pit; he may now choose to take a mutation if he so desires, at normal cost. Only one mutation may be added.

Special Note	
    	The Pit is occupied by a Horrific Daemon which must be defeated before taking control of the region. Stats are listed below. Also, you may place any number of troops in this district but holding this area is dangerous (even to Possessed). Every campaign turn, roll a d6. On a 6, a full scale Possessed Warband rises from the Pit and attacks any troops stationed in the district. If the result is anything else, add a cumulative +1 to the roll for every campaign turn that passes without incident. Eventually, you WILL have to defend the territory.

Pit Daemon
    M  WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  Ld
    9      8     8   7   5   5   9  3   9

Gear
    Two Handed Sword
    Light Armour (Natural Armour)

Attributes
    Fear
    Frenzy
    Hatred – Everyone that enters the Pit!
    Large (Well, Massive actually)

The Rock
    Prestige: 7
    Station: 9
    General Bonus
    	Captive: If an enemy warband leader is taken out during a combat, roll a d6 after the battle. On a 5 or 6, you capture the leader and hold him in the prison. Immediately gain prestige equal to the experience point total of your captive. Note: A leader can be freed if you lose control of the district in an attack.

Mercenaries Bonus
    	Hardened Criminals: Test your leader’s Leadership skill; if successful you immediately gain 4 criminals who fight for your cause. Use Warrior stats with -2 to their Ld score. If you fail, the income for The Rock is 0.

Tullen
    General Bonus
    	Animal Pens: You have control over the sales and purchases of horses. Horses grant +1 campaign map movement. You also gain horses for free. (Horses cannot be used in battle.)
    Beastmen Bonus 
    Empower the Beast: The weakness of man inspires delusions of grandeur in even the most dimwitted creature. Minotaurs can now become heroes.

Wizard’s Mansion
    Income: 4
    General Bonus
    Arcane Laboratory: If you have spellcaster with Necromancy, Shadow, Lesser or Chaos, he gains a new spell of his choice from the appropriate list immediately and gains +1 morale bonus to all spellcasting rolls while you control this district.

Outlying Districts
    All districts outside city walls:
    Prestige: 0
    General Bonus
    	None

gredavin on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    boy that would have been a good thing to put in a spoiler tag.

anyone quotes that, I kill them.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ohhhh, the temptation!

Silpheed on
  • Options
    gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sorry, now spoilered.

gredavin on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So I printed off the rules but I can't seem to find the section on trading. Did I just miss it in the sections I printed or is that section missing?

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The trading section can be found in the third download of the main rulebook on the page labeled 102 titled Trading. It's under the Campaign Rules pdf download.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The trading section can be found in the third download of the main rulebook on the page labeled 102 titled Trading. It's under the Campaign Rules pdf download.

Yeah I found it right after posting. Odd how it simply says "see trading section" and doesn't give a frealing page number.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Whats this Karak Azgal I hear about?

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hey I just realized that this would be a good use for my Battle for Skull Pass guys. I should try to see if I can make some warbands out of those.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah I found it right after posting. Odd how it simply says "see trading section" and doesn't give a frealing page number.

Games Workshop'd!

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ok so does anyone have a good source of parts that would work well with the militia guys? I'm looking for basic shields and swords.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    thorpe wrote: »
    Whats this Karak Azgal I hear about?

Alternate mordheim setting. Takes place in a fallen dwarven Fortress and features...

slayer warband
    Dwarf engineer warband
    adventurer warband
    Strigoi warband (very fun)
    Savage orc warband
    night goblin warband
    Clan mor skaven warband
    Clan moulder warband

The warbands are a mixed bunch, with afew of them having ridiculous edges in the power category (slayers and Strigoi)

Gaddez on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Goddamn I miss this game. It was the only Games Workshop game that I could both afford and find the time to paint. I'm going to take a whirl through the rulebook for olde thyme's sake.

With that said, I'm looking to unload some of the Chaos cultists. I basically have an entire warband that is just sitting in my bitz box, going unused. There's a bunch of humans, some mutants, and some beastmen. Any takers? I also have a bunch of Dwarve pirates from the Dogs of War that I no longer use. Unlike the cultists, these are all painted.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Man, I am having a really hard time building a dwarven treasure hunter warband that is more than like, 6 models strong without arming them all the the absolute bare minimums (which is far too boring in my book). Any pointers or should I just settle with a small starting warband?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    With my Tilean styled mercenary band I started with 4 models ( I think ) and did quite well. Crossbows all the way!

My High Elf band also did well with 5 models.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That is quite reassuring :D

This is the list I am currently considering starting with:

Dwarf Noble with Dwarf Axe, Pistol, Helmet and Dagger 125 crowns

Engineer with Crossbow, Shield, Hammer, Helmet and Dagger 93 crowns

Troll Slayer with Dwarf Axe and Axe 70 crowns

Troll Slayer with Double Handed Axe 65 crowns

Two Dwarf Thunderers with Crossbows, Shields and Hammers 146 Crowns

499 crowns spent.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That looks like a damn good list to me. Dwarves are not very mobile so you'll probably get most of your kills from the crossbow and guns. But having a couple grunts for the HTH work is vital too.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Excellent to hear.

Anyone know where this dudes shield is from?

thunderer_big.jpg

I really dig its look, I am just not entirely sure what Dwarf box it is from.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Pretty sure it's one of the regular Warrior shields...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I don't know dwarves to save my life, so you are probably right. Thanks.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Ye, regular dwarf warrior shield.

Echo on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You bastards.

Mordheim is well within my price-and-time-range, where a full-on army wouldn't be. You're all leaving me craving it, but I know absolutely no-one in Edmonton, let alone where all the good game stores are.

(w)Argh!

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So I built a Mercenary list.

500 GC - Reiklanders Roster - Nathan's Band of Miscreants

1 Captain @ 90 GC
    Dagger; Sword; Experience (x20); Leader; Free Dagger; Sword (x1); Pistol (x1); Shield; Military Discipline

1 Champion @ 65 GC
    Dagger; Two-Handed; Experience (x8); Free Dagger; Two-Handed Weapon; Shield; Helmet; Military Discipline

1 Youngblood @ 55 GC
    Dagger; Sword; Free Dagger; Sword (x1); Crossbow; Shield; Military Discipline

2 Marksmen @ 100 GC
    Dagger; Sword; Free Dagger; Sword (x1); Longbow; Military Discipline

2 Marksmen @ 100 GC

1 Swordsmen @ 55 GC
    Dagger; Sword; Free Dagger; Sword (x2); Expert Swordsman; Military Discipline

1 Warriors @ 31 GC
    Dagger; Hammer; Free Dagger; Hammer (x2); Military Discipline

Total Roster Cost: 496

Once again Army Builder kicks ass. I just wish the non-rule book lists were in the program. In this list I went for numbers and tried to link into the better range skill. Plus I love Longbows. Also the guy with the dual hammers I just had to have in there for the conversion. Made him look like a crazy old blacksmith on acid.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Nathan? Intimidating

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    Nathan? Intimidating

Watch it man, he'll slit your throat for wyrdstone.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It's a pretty decent list timespork but if you do not mind I'll give you a few pointers.

I love mercenaries, especially Reiklanders. One of their biggest advantages is the low cost of their heroes. Heroes are better then henchmen in everyway pretty much, especially in campaigns. The number of surviving heroes you have determines the number of exploration dice you roll after a fight, which determines how much wyrdstone and other forms of income you get. With that in mind I'd recomend getting another champion and another young blood. I know the youngbloods seem weak, but they should (hopefully) quickly get some exp under their belts.

The only other piece of advice I can give is that there is no reason you have your marksmen split up into two seperate henchmen groups. You should combine them into one group of 4. They have the same equipment anyway, and henchmen gain exp as a group, so it couldn't hurt.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    Nathan? Intimidating

Watch it man, he'll slit your throat for wyrdstone.
    Someone obviously hasn't heard of Nathan Flintlock.

He's in the other warhammer universe, mind you.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hey, I was stuck on a name.

Inquisitor: Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely mess around with the list. What do you guys think of Hired Swords or Dramatis Personae?

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited April 2007
    Hired Swords/ Dramatis Personae are definately good, but not for starting warbands.

They are strong, have awesome special rules but they cost alot and have an upkeep. If you get off to a bad start and lose your first couple games you might not be able to pay their upkeep, and lose them in addition to the other men you have lost.

They are really good later on though, as your warband starts filling out. If memory serves they don't count torwards your maximum warband size (I'd probably double check the rule book on this first though) so they really help when you already have your 15 guys and they are all well armed.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Thoughts from Gaddez (I'm looking at this purely from a competetive angle folks):

1: Inquisitor, you might want to cut back on some of the stuff your dudes are running around with. Dwarf axes aren't really any better then swords until you get master of blades later on. I'd drop them from your dudes until then (savings: 10)

2: Great weapons are horrible in mordheim until you get strong man, since your always striking last, even on the turn you charge. Furthermore, monster slayer means that having a high strength really isn't an issue for you, since you'll alway wound on at least a 4+. Your better off hooking him up with 2 hand weapons like axes or hammers. (savings: 15)

3: By themselves, shields are less then worthless. scrap them unless you intend to buy at least light armor for your dudes.

And to timespork:
    Don't bother using warriors in your mercenary warband. Your much better off with just marksmen since they are just as good in a straight fight and have a better variety of ranged weapons. Also, always take as many heroes as you can get your hands on (unless your playing possesed where it's totally infeasable).

Dramatis peronae: Never used them. I find that they tend to be just too expensive for what they do.

Hired swords: Extremely useful for rounding outt your warband, and the ogre is unquestionablly the most versatile of all of them due to the fact that he's fast moving and takes a pile of punishment to put down. Close seconds are the elven/kislevite ranger and the warlock.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Actually, halflings are marvellous for starting warbands; cheap, good shots, better cooks. Of course, like most other hired swords they do get better once you get into the campaign; get a couple of Halflings and a cookbook or two then scare the bejeezus outta people by outnumbering them 2-to-1...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah halfings aren't too bad. The only problem I've ever had with them (aside from the fact that hte models are a bitch to find), is there toughness is utterly horrible.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ok version 2 of list with more Heros.

500 GC - Reiklanders Roster - Nathan's Band of Miscreants

1 Captain @ 90 GC
    Dagger; Sword; Experience (x20); Leader; Free Dagger; Sword (x1); Pistol (x1); Shield; Military Discipline

1 Champion @ 65 GC
    Dagger; Two-Handed; Experience (x8); Free Dagger; Two-Handed Weapon; Shield; Helmet; Military Discipline

1 Champion @ 46 GC
    Dagger; Hammer; Experience (x8); Free Dagger; Hammer (x2); Shield; Military Discipline

1 Youngblood @ 40 GC
    Dagger; Sword; Free Dagger; Sword (x1); Normal Bow; Shield; Military Discipline

1 Youngblood @ 40 GC
    Dagger; Sword; Free Dagger; Sword (x1); Normal Bow; Shield; Military Discipline

3 Marksmen @ 150 GC

1 Swordsmen @ 55 GC
    Dagger; Sword; Free Dagger; Sword (x2); Expert Swordsman; Military Discipline

Total Roster Cost: 486

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited April 2007
    Much better, but you still might be going a little heavy on the gear. Specificly, all those swords.

Parry looks kind of neat on paper, but it doesn't take too long to figure out that your opponent is going to typicly hit you on a four or five, meaning that you need to roll a five or a 6 to actually do actually parry the attack. Pretty remote chances in my book.

If you were to drop the swords on your 3 marksmen and give them some spiffy clubs, you could get yourself back 12 gold if you decided to have them duel wield clubs, or 21 if you elected to just use club and knife.

With that much cash, you could do a couple of nifty things, like upgrade your leaders pistol to a dueling pistol or two (if you choose to swing just the one club)

The other thing you might want to consider, is the great weapon on your one champion. Until he gets his hands on strongman, he can't swing that thing very quickly, and your opponents will get a hit in quite often, resulting in you being knocked down, stunned, or wounded. Take a halberd instead if you really feel you need to have a high strength character.

Long term advice:
    -Don't ever take warriors. Swordsmen are way better in close combat and your marksmen have better long range weapons choices (in addition to being competent fighters).
    -Your going to want to get some pals for your swordsmen, since lone henchmen are easy prey for hero mobs.
    -Carefully consider your hiring choices from outside of your warband. As a mercenary you get access to a pretty damm good variety. Three good picks would be johan the knife (deadly little SOB), The ogre (excellent road block), and the elven ranger (good archer and his seeker rule is awesome).
    -Unless the scenario mandates you move around or your facing a shootier warband (elves and dwarves mostly), always make a break for the highest piece of terrain you can get to and dig in. from there, you can shoot your opponent to pieces whilst he tries to get to you. with some luck, you might even break him before he closes for close combat.
    -Plan ahead what you want each of your heroes to be good for when it comes to skills, and avoid generalizing.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Roger that. I really just like the swords for the aesthetic reasons.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited April 2007
    You could argue that the swords on your model are really dull, and as such function more like clubs.:P

Oh yeah, heres a few classic tricks for the young un's.

Throwing knives: At first glance, this looks like a horrible weapon. 6 inch range? strength equal to the user? All this for more then the price of a shortbow?

And you'd be right, if you didn't take into consideration how deadly throwing knives are with a pair of skills.

Eagle eye and knife fighter.

Now, what this gives you is a character who can fire off three shots a turn at a target within 12 inches and suffers no penalties for move and shoot or long range. on an eshin assasin this is even worse, since they have the perfect killer rule stacked upon there base strength of 4 (meaning foes are -2 to there armor saves.) My friends dwarves learned to truly hate my skaven assasin for this combo.

Clubs: Ahh the club. Probably one of the most effective weapons in all of mordheim and dirt cheap to boot. Thing I love the most about clubs? The strike to injure club combo. Effectivley, it makes it so that you will always wind up causing either a wound or a stun with every injury. Excellent for taking out multi wound monsters or the guy who thinks he's so smart giving jump up to all of his heroes.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, at my Gamesworkshop currently no one plays Mordheim. But, if I can drum up enough support for the game the people there are willing to set aside a night for me and people to play every week.

First, I basically have to make a salespitch to them as to why it would be worth doing all this Mordheim buisness. I'm gonna start working on it pretty soon, but if anyone has some good ideas or suggestion I am totally open to them.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The cheapness, conversion opportunities, and the awesome atmosphere are the main pluses in my mind.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Sounds like an easy sell to me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That's more then the Fuckers at my shop are willing to do.

We acutally came in one night with a massive bin of terrain that we'd accumulated over the years, core rule books and painted models on open gaming night when 2 tables were open, and the bastard behind the counter said "sorry guys, your gonna have to come in on saturday to play."

Keep in mind that saturday is pretty much reserved for staff challenge games, so the odds of us getting in a game of Mordheim are pretty remote.

Considering how me and a bunch of buddies were denied a table for gothic today (this was around noon, and I can all but guarantee the crowd wasn't going to begin showing up for another 3 or four hours) despite the fact that there were zero customers in atendance, I gotta wonder if the manager at the store actually has any desire to try and sell stuff from the specialist games range.

Gaddez on