As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Goose & Lightning: The Snow Sabbath Shark Swallow

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I think it's because of those lambs I sacrificed to empower the chat.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Alecthar wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Nothing can stop this thread, Honk.

We could start a land war in Asia and win, I tell you.

Cue the "Next chat starts in 12 hours" locked message.

all the mods hate us and make arbitrary rules to kill our [chat]tide spirits.

Jokerman on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Time to sleeeeeep.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    son of a bitch I have 99 luftballoons in my head now

Senjutsu on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    Time to sleeeeeep.

yeah you better sleep

nexuscrawler on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    son of a bitch I have 99 luftballoons in my head now

So do I!

But it's an awesome song.

Inquisitor on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    anyone up for some:

borderlands
    halo odst
    worms armageddon

on 360?

MikeMan on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    your autherization serial code is

CHEW TACO COIL BOOT

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    anyone up for some:

borderlands
    halo odst
    worms armageddon

on 360?

BAH

Buy Borderlands for PC.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    anyone up for some:

borderlands
    halo odst
    worms armageddon

on 360?

I don't have any of those games!

....or Live Gold.....

Nova_C on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, I was totally ready for some borderlands earlier. :?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Man, I was totally ready for some borderlands earlier. :?
    WELL I WASN'T

MikeMan on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    anyone up for some:

borderlands
    halo odst
    worms armageddon

on 360?

I lent my brother Borderlands.

We played split screen co-op

Beat the game

It was fun.

Also finished my secret sodomite shopping that was actually kind of stressful.

But now I think I'll relax.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited December 2009
    1997 Gold Tone Gibson Banjitar
    OF DESPAIR

Senjutsu on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I need to get back into an MMO. I spend so much less money on games. Damn you GoG / Steam / Direct2Drive sales!

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I need to get back into an MMO. I spend so much less money on games. Damn you GoG / Steam / Direct2Drive sales!

Haha, I know. I've almost broken down and gotten the Lucasarts Adventure Pack and the Fallout pack.

Frankly, I think Steam is the best thing on the internet.

Nova_C on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    The worst part about going home from Christmas this year is I can't go shooting with my grandad anymore. :(

Gun [chat] makes me sad.

Sidenote: What is a good way to say something like "I want to see the scenery of Paris from the Eiffel Tower"? The Japanese makes sense, but I'm drawing a blank on a good English equivalent. Like, "I want to see the view from the Eiffel Tower"?

Either of those work.

Ok, just making sure. Head isn't working right today. There isn't an easier way to say either, right?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry, Mikeman. After a long hard day of being a child I just don't have the energy for Borderlands in the evening.

Nerdgasmic on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    Sidenote: What is a good way to say something like "I want to see the scenery of Paris from the Eiffel Tower"? The Japanese makes sense, but I'm drawing a blank on a good English equivalent. Like, "I want to see the view from the Eiffel Tower"?

Either of those work.

Ok, just making sure. Head isn't working right today. There isn't an easier way to say either, right?

"I want to see the view from the Eiffel Tower" is about as straightforward and simple as it gets. :)

Chanus on
    edited December 2009
    Nova_C wrote: »

Haha, I know. I've almost broken down and gotten the Lucasarts Adventure Pack and the Fallout pack.

Frankly, I think Steam is the best thing on the internet.

I find Steam's actual purchasing / game delivery / launching far more odious than Direct2Drive or Good Old Games. But they have the best selection (usually) and often have good sales.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry, Mikeman. After a long hard day of being a child I just don't have the energy for Borderlands in the evening.
    how's school going

MikeMan on
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »

gently THRASHED AROUND THE GLOBE

I mean, buying touring equipment from a professional band is like buying a used car from a car service.

Except you won't get a good deal because it's also collectible.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited December 2009
    how's school going

I had to write, like, 3 paragraphs today ugh it was so tiring
    Thank you for asking, sir.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    [chat], tell me if I'm being dumb. I think I'm going to drop a class. I took five classes with the intention of taking a heavy first year so my second year which I think will be a bit more straining since they probably expect more will be a little clearer. However, my depression and anxiety problems resurged hard and I'm feeling overwhelmed. In addition, I need to decide whether I want to drop this class soon or the grade will show up on my transcript. This is a big class but it's very easy, the type you can take in summer school because its very easily condensed. My parents are fully paying for my university and told me that it's ok if I drop it, they won't be pissed or anything. Should I tough it out and struggle to pass or just drop it and ace it in round 2 with much less stress?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited December 2009
    Cass, it seems like you've already worked this out.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2009
    [chat], tell me if I'm being dumb. I think I'm going to drop a class. I took five classes with the intention of taking a heavy first year so my second year which I think will be a bit more straining since they probably expect more will be a little clearer. However, my depression and anxiety problems resurged hard and I'm feeling overwhelmed. In addition, I need to decide whether I want to drop this class soon or the grade will show up on my transcript. This is a big class but it's very easy, the type you can take in summer school because its very easily condensed. My parents are fully paying for my university and told me that it's ok if I drop it, they won't be pissed or anything. Should I tough it out and struggle to pass or just drop it and ace it in round 2 with much less stress?
    Drop it. You don't need the extra stress. Just focus on the 4 remaining classes and do well in them, and enjoy the free time.

MikeMan on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    181, what? This [chat] will not be stopped.

Hooray for a care package from my mother. Filled with little debbie cakes and candy orange slices.
    Also new clothes.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    edited December 2009
    drop and ace later

Senjutsu on
    edited December 2009

If you think that a) you'll do better in the other classes, and/or b) you'll not do as well as you'd like if you stay in this class, then drop it and retake it in the summer.

If you think you can tough it out, then I'd get it over with... but peace of mind is more important.

Chanus on
    edited December 2009
    Elki is going to infract us all for complicity when he finally closes this [chat], isn't he? :P

Chanus on
    edited December 2009
    I have like 4 Ws on my transcript

it ain't that big a deal

Senjutsu on
    edited December 2009
    Are there any hidden gotchas to dropping? EG: Do you need a certain number of credits to be considered "full time" for the quarter / semester / year / whatever?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    What the hell Apple

I bring in two Macbook Pros that both have battery issues after the person on the phone tells me it will be no problem and they tell me to come back tomorrow, because all their genius bar people are busy explaining how the iPod shuffle works or some shit.

If I were the one that paid for them, I'd be pissed as fuck that this is the level of service $6k buys.

Doc on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't see whats wrong with steam when purchasing games, unless you mean to use their applet to download it.

Doesn't Direct 2 Drive have a certain amount of downloads you are allowed to have for the game? I thought I remember something like that when I got the blood masquarade off their site.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited December 2009

Having been in a similar situation a few times:

Drop it.

Drop it now.

because if you don't not only will your grade in that class suffer your grade in every other class will suffer too and you'll end up having to spend an extra semester or year redoing that shit and it is not fun.

Don't make the same mistake I did and think "I'll just work harder and get through!" when you're already struggling

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    20091128.gif

KC Green is like Michelangelo and da Vinci had a baby and his gift was use of profanity.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited December 2009
    Are there any hidden gotchas to dropping? EG: Do you need a certain number of credits to be considered "full time" for the quarter / semester / year / whatever?

12 credit hours per semester is standard full time, I think... for reference purposes.

Chanus on
    edited December 2009

Assuming UofT works like here (an okish guess), she probably needs 9 credit hours a week to be full time in a semester, which is 3 courses

Senjutsu on
This discussion has been closed.