As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2009 - This is the best Secret Santa in the universe! SRSLY!

• Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That PS3 is a terrific gift...congrats. :)

That Nightmare Before Christmas book is pretty darn spiffy.

To my Santee, I think you'll really like what you are getting from me. I just realized recently that I spelled your name wrong in the enclosed letter though...so please forgive that.:P

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Scotty on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, now I have to go get all these awesome games I've missed out on through the years. Little Big Planet, Assassins' Creed, Metal Gear Solid.

Killzone 2 and Infamous are great ways to start, but where do I go next?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A ps3 are you fucking kidding me
    Crazy

No more crazy than plane tickets to a tournament!

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Man, now I have to go get all these awesome games I've missed out on through the years. Little Big Planet, Assassins' Creed, Metal Gear Solid.

Here you go Ice... http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=106064

Scotty on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Icemopper wrote: »

Flower is a must play. There's nothing else quite like it.

Pixeljunk Monsters is a great tower defence.

LewieP on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I got some Steam gifts waiting in my email inbox earlier today. Monkey Island Special Edition and Zombie Driver.

Good picks. I didn't have Monkey Island, though I've played the first one a couple of times (and loved it), and Zombie Driver... well, I love zombies, and I've been hearing interesting things about it, so thanks!

Somebody nailed my game tastes, so the package portion should be pretty good, too. Can't wait.

freakish light on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All this epicness going around makes me want to get off my ass and get some of this giftage together.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh... oh yeah?

Wel... I'm getting my Santee a PS9!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdh4TqWFfX4

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY

D:

I've just been gifted the whole freakin' THQ Pack off Steam!! Thank you Santa, thank you so very much!!!

Incase you're not aware, the pack includes these many games
    Company of Heroes
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
    Frontlines: Fuel of War
    Full Spectrom Warrior
    Full Spectrom Warrior: Ten Hammers
    Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
    Red Faction
    Red Faction 2
    Red Faction Guerrilla
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadows of Chernobyl
    Saints Row 2
    Titan Quest
    Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Gold Edition
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2

D: I am fucking speechless. Thats enough gaming for me for the next year. AND apparently I've got something coming in the mail, hot damn! :D WOOOOOOOO
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Niiiiiice! RTS games ahoy for you!

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Judge-Z wrote: »
    Crazy

I forgot about that.
    I forgot about who got it and who sent it and if he did good at the tourney, come to think of it. :(
    (Did he win?)

Edit: That THQ pack is an amazing deal, isn't it? Dawn of War and the expansions alone will give you endless hours of fun.
    And, in the case of Soulstorm, several hours of mediocrity.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I want to apologize to everyone for the gift I sent. You can thank Icemopper for being a difficult Santee with his limited post history and love of zombie things. I kept trying to think of good gift ideas and couldn't come up with anything that would be more exciting than opening him up to a whole new console of zombie possibilities.

I also am sorry for the odd choice of pack-in games, awesome though they are, since they are bereft of same-console multiplayer.. which is why another package should be arriving a little later this week, containing three more PS3s you can LAN together.

Just kidding. But really there is another package, keep an eye out for it.

Happy (early) Chanukah everybody. Especially Icemopper. Feel free to friend me on PSN, same as my forum name.

JAEF on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TeeMan wrote: »
    GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY

I've just been gifted the whole freakin' THQ Pack off Steam!! Thank you Santa, thank you so very much!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mang, play the shit out of that.

I purchased Full Spectrum Warrior at full price when I was living on Ramen Noodles and Gatorade because it is that goddamned good damn now I have to go reinstall it.

GOD THIS THREAD MAKES ME SO HAPPY AND JOYOUS.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    JAEF, you impressed the hell out of my mom. She was with me when I shipped off the personal portion of my gift and so I've been keeping her updated on the happenings in the thread. She was hella impressed.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I ran out of money buying shit for my santee. Waiting to get paid tomorrow for my final shopping items while I wait for my order to arrive.

My Santee never logs in to steam, so should I just buy the games for the 360/PS3 for him? I cant tell if he plays shooters on the PC or console and I'd hate to make the wrong choice.

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    WraithXt1 wrote: »
    I ran out of money buying shit for my santee. Waiting to get paid tomorrow for my final shopping items while I wait for my order to arrive.

My Santee never logs in to steam, so should I just buy the games for the 360/PS3 for him? I cant tell if he plays shooters on the PC or console and I'd hate to make the wrong choice.
    You could look at his PS3/360 trophies/achievements to see what kind of games he plays no?
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    JAEF, you impressed the hell out of my mom. She was with me when I shipped off the personal portion of my gift and so I've been keeping her updated on the happenings in the thread. She was hella impressed.
    Spongime.jpg

JAEF on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In reply to JAEF's gift:
    Wise Man 3: So, what did you get him?

Wise Man 1: Gold.

Wise Man 2: Gold? I thought we agreed on a $5 limit here?

Wise Man 3: Yeah. I just got him a crappy little bottle of myrrh.

Wise Man 2: Hello! Frankincense! You always do this!

Wise Man 3: Okay, okay. Look, we'll put everything together and put all our names on it.

Wise Man 1: No!

Wise Man 3: Yes!

Wise Man 1: No! You can't!
    Lois: Thank you all so much, what thoughtful gifts.

Brian: Uhh Lois, there's one more.

Lois: Oh Brian, you don't have to give me anything.

Brian: Oh.. well give it back then raaawr! *chuckles* No, no we have fun.

Lois: Oh.. Oh my GOD, two tickets to a cruise?! Brian this is wonderful!

*Everybody yells angrily at Brian*

Peter: Hey hey hey, what is this? We agreed on a 20 dollar limit! We set a cap you jerk!

Chris: Are you trying to make us look bad you son of a bitch!

But seriously JAEF Kudos to you, you magnificent bastard. You have blown all of us out of the God damned water. Well let's see if I can make the top 5 gift givers now.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In reply to JAEF's gift:
    Wise Man 3: So, what did you get him?

Wise Man 1: Gold.

Wise Man 2: Gold? I thought we agreed on a $5 limit here?

Wise Man 3: Yeah. I just got him a crappy little bottle of myrrh.

Wise Man 2: Hello! Frankincense! You always do this!

Wise Man 3: Okay, okay. Look, we'll put everything together and put all our names on it.

Wise Man 1: No!

Wise Man 3: Yes!

Wise Man 1: No! You can't!
    Lois: Thank you all so much, what thoughtful gifts.

Brian: Uhh Lois, there's one more.

Lois: Oh Brian, you don't have to give me anything.

Brian: Oh.. well give it back then raaawr! *chuckles* No, no we have fun.

Lois: Oh.. Oh my GOD, two tickets to a cruise?! Brian this is wonderful!

*Everybody yells angrily at Brian*

Peter: Hey hey hey, what is this? We agreed on a 20 dollar limit! We set a cap you jerk!

Chris: Are you trying to make us look bad you son of a bitch!

But seriously JAEF Kudos to you, you magnificent bastard. You have blown all of us out of the God damned water. Well let's see if I can make the top 5 gift givers now.

Haha. Excellent.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Judge-Z wrote: »
    Crazy

I forgot about that.
    I forgot about who got it and who sent it and if he did good at the tourney, come to think of it. :(
    (Did he win?)

Edit: That THQ pack is an amazing deal, isn't it? Dawn of War and the expansions alone will give you endless hours of fun.
    And, in the case of Soulstorm, several hours of mediocrity.

I enjoyed Soulstorm, personally. (Could be because <3 Witchhunters.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Well hell if I'm going to post about that package I got from the UK earlier today now.

totally not because I'm in the middle of pillaging its wonders and do not want to stop to find a camera
    Okay, it's totally that.

Soooooooooooo - what did you get? And did you like it? There's a UK fellow here waiting to know.......

iMatt on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I bet JAEF is sending Uncharted 2 since it is the best PS3 game ever.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's zombie stuff. It's gotta be.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    What am I, made of money? That game is like $40, jesus.

JAEF on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    JAEF wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    What am I, made of money? That game is like $40, jesus.

Hahahah, you're such an ass! :lol:

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Another package?!??!?

Well I'll hold off on any PS3 accessories for now then, I was juuuust thinking of swinging by Wal-Mart today to surprise my wife with LBP for when I come home from lunch.

What a crazy holiday season :D

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I feel guilty now for having Jaef as my Santee last year and just sending him lots of English chocolate. I should have sent him a chocolate PS3. Or a chocolate figurine of himself playing on a chocolate PS3, the crazy generous bastard.
    <3

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am so full of holiday excitement because of this thread.

And every day I check my email hoping my university received a package or 8 for me.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love this forum.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, you bastards just wait. When I'm pulling down doctor money, I'll go Oprah on someone I swear to God.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    fonographfonograph Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Guys, I am preparing to buy stuff for my Santee, and I'm kind of confused about the appropriate price range for gifts.

Ignoring the PS3 and such, people are talking about multiple games, which is like $100+ (in Canada.) This is more than I spend on Christmas gifts for real-life people who I love (and they spend on me.)

Is it reasonable to spend, like, $60? I guess I'd rather spend more than be hated forever on the Penny Arcade Internet Forums.

fonograph on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    no ones gonna hate you. the minimum is $20. just give something cool and dont sweat trying to live up to the crazy shit some people do. thats not what christmas is about dammit, its about cheer!

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, the $20 minimum is what Doc outlined. Anybody pissed at that (or expecting exact reciprocation when it comes to gift value) is setting themselves up for disappointment. Besides, a $20 (or $60, in your case) gift can be awesome. Just because somebody went batshit (in a good way) won't make your present worse.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Geez, my gift falls a bit short of being a PS3. A lot short, actually. I can't even afford a working PS2 for myself right now, let alone a PS3 (that's what happens when you don't have a full-time job, are working only part-time on odd jobs, and have had a lot of medical bills and such and family members who are in dire financial crisis mode and need help themselves). (Note to Santa: No, I do not expect you to buy me a console, and I won't even ask for one as a joke. I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever you get me. :) ) But I did my best to tailor it to my Santee's hobbies and tried to make it something at least a little different than what my Santee could get locally. Also, it is definitely tastier than a PS3. :P I put a lot of thought into it so I hope my Santee likes it.

...hopefully my Santee should get it soon. It's supposed to be there by the end of the week. I keep logging in to see whether my Santee has posted, and every time my Santee does post, I am disappointed that it isn't about my gift.

Norfair on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I come home from work, only to find a parcel from England waiting for me!

I open it in anticipation, my camera at the ready for sweet pictures....

But it was just some of LewieP's old games that I had bought from him :P

Sorry to dissapoint guys!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Coming back from a long tgiving vacation I was happy to discover that a package was NOT waiting for me on the porch, getting rained on, opened, or otherwise vandalized!

And now I'm happy that Zoidberg got his gift a few days before the PS3 arrived ;D That is definitely quite the surprise -- I especially like how he had the actual PS3 out of the box so that we all knew it wasn't just a conveniently-shaped box (didn't someone get something in a Wii box last year?).

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    EggyToast wrote: »
    Coming back from a long tgiving vacation I was happy to discover that a package was NOT waiting for me on the porch, getting rained on, opened, or otherwise vandalized!

And now I'm happy that Zoidberg got his gift a few days before the PS3 arrived ;D That is definitely quite the surprise -- I especially like how he had the actual PS3 out of the box so that we all knew it wasn't just a conveniently-shaped box (didn't someone get something in a Wii box last year?).

This is why I'm packing my santee's gift in a KitchenAid dutch oven box. Santee, I'm sorry to say, your gift is not actually a KitchenAid dutch oven. No, don't cry! I promise the actual gift will be even more awesome!

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee

Your gifts have shipped! ...To me. As soon as I get them I'll send them your way. There's no PS3s or solid gold wing-wongs but if its any consolation I am spending more on you this xmas than anybody I know in real life. That's kindof fucked up now that I think about it.

-SantaluteZero

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jclast wrote: »
    Yeah, the $20 minimum is what Doc outlined. Anybody pissed at that (or expecting exact reciprocation when it comes to gift value) is setting themselves up for disappointment. Besides, a $20 (or $60, in your case) gift can be awesome. Just because somebody went batshit (in a good way) won't make your present worse.

I think that as long as at least SOME effort is shown, no one has a right to be dissapointed or complain. Most of us are just strangers in the internet, and the thought that we're all putting into our respective gifts year in and year out is mind boggling.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am spending more on you this xmas than anybody I know in real life. That's kindof fucked up now that I think about it.

Yes, but how many of those you know post their stuff you got them on the internet? It's all their fault!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    iMatt wrote: »
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Well hell if I'm going to post about that package I got from the UK earlier today now.

totally not because I'm in the middle of pillaging its wonders and do not want to stop to find a camera
    Okay, it's totally that.

Soooooooooooo - what did you get? And did you like it? There's a UK fellow here waiting to know.......

Could you be my santa?

The camera's got to be around here somewhere.

where is it

fff

Antithesis on
This discussion has been closed.