As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unreal Development Kit released to everyone

1151617181921»

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Haven't really been following this thread, so I don't know if this has been posted yet, but thought it seemed relevant.

1259730889822.jpg

SmokeStacks on
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wow, is that real?

LaCabra on
  • Lt. KniggurssonLt. Kniggursson __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    That'd be a good marketing strategy, you can have stores put up signs that say "No Dinosaurs" or something in a clever way alongside the hiring signs.

Lt. Kniggursson on
    edited December 2009
    So I take it everyone is hella looking forward to Velociraptor Job Interview Simulator Pro

LaCabra on
    edited December 2009
    it was trending on twitter the other day

Lt. Kniggursson on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This game has me more hyped than most retail games.

...I would like it please.

T4CT on
    edited December 2009
    this thread is supposed to be about UDK in general, does VJISP deserve its own thread y/n

LaCabra on
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    this thread is supposed to be about UDK in general, does VJISP deserve its own thread y/n

yup.

no one really gives a shit about the UDK now anyway because of it's problems, but they do want to hear about VJISP

Lt. Kniggursson on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Haven't really been following this thread, so I don't know if this has been posted yet, but thought it seemed relevant.

1259730889822.jpg

That looks like the Mount Royal blockbuster in Calgary Alberta, my friend use to manage that location and he would put stuff like that on the marquee, they still put funny things on the marquee now.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »

yup.

no one really gives a shit about the UDK now anyway because of it's problems, but they do want to hear about VJISP

What sort of problems is it having out of curiosity?

Also yes VJISP is totally worth its own thread.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Personally I think it should stay. XNA game discussions AND programming questions all go in the XNA thread. Plus people interested in UDK can learn from your posts.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    UDK is awesome.

It has no problems.

You humans are incorrect.

This post goes out to all the raptors out there.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    darkmayo wrote: »

1259730889822.jpg

That looks like the Mount Royal blockbuster in Calgary Alberta, my friend use to manage that location and he would put stuff like that on the marquee, they still put funny things on the marquee now.

Whoever is responsible, I would not be surprised at all if they have read this thread.

Tomanta on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aumni wrote: »
    UDK is awesome.

It has no problems.

You humans are incorrect.

This post goes out to all the other completely normal humans out there.

Fix'd.

Elvenshae on
  • ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is this dude on the XKCD forums one of ye?

file.php?avatar=16579_1219369810.gif

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    darkmayo wrote: »

1259730889822.jpg

I drove by today and holy crap I think you might be right.

T4CT on
    edited December 2009
    edited December 2009
    Alright, any of you programmers that have been playing with the UDK know how to manipulate/spawn meshes?

Essentially my crosshair has to be a mesh, so I made a simple plane, put the crosshair material on said plane.

Now I need to spawn the mesh and move it as needed.

I ask you good sirs, since my searching the wiki and forums haven't provided me with enough insight into this problem.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited December 2009
    Aumni on