As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2009 - This is the best Secret Santa in the universe! SRSLY!

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't wait until tomorrow! :D

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Guess what is currently being wrapped and getting shipped out tomorrow? Shouldn't take long to get there either as my Santee is only one state over (but not close enough for me to run up on them in the streets and throw Christmas cheer at them in person).

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Guess what is currently being wrapped and getting shipped out tomorrow? Shouldn't take long to get there either as my Santee is only one state over (but not close enough for me to run up on them in the streets and throw Christmas cheer at them in person).

It's sooooo me. I know it.

:winky:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    JAEF wrote: »
    Nothing like giving the gift of solitary confinement. How will he ever leave the house with all those comics left unread?

Yeah, I don't think I'm leaving the house except for going to work with my recent giftage. My wife and I shall become hermits of the most awesome kind: nerd.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »

Everyone lives one state away from Jersey...

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Wezoin wrote: »
    Is leaving a package with a neighbour really common sense?

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal for a courier service to do because they wouldn't have delivered the package to you and it could be stolen by that neighbour etc.

Yeah, I would be pissed if a package was left with my neighbour--I'd never get it!

I've been trying to get ahold of these assholes for a month now. First, I put up a dish in my backyard and wanted to make sure it wasn't too much of an eyesore for them in its current location. Two solid weeks of knocking on their door every god damned day. They were home. The paper was taken inside. The car was in the driveway. There were lights on. One day I fucking saw someone moving around in there.

A week later our house gets broken into. Do they call the police to say there is a fucking SECURITY ALARM going off next door? How about that there is a smashed patio window? No. They just sit in their fucking house and continue their anti-social behaviour.

So yeah, I don't want a package left there.

Did it ever occur to you that they broke into your house?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal for a courier service to do because they wouldn't have delivered the package to you and it could be stolen by that neighbour etc.

Yeah, I would be pissed if a package was left with my neighbour--I'd never get it!

I've been trying to get ahold of these assholes for a month now. First, I put up a dish in my backyard and wanted to make sure it wasn't too much of an eyesore for them in its current location. Two solid weeks of knocking on their door every god damned day. They were home. The paper was taken inside. The car was in the driveway. There were lights on. One day I fucking saw someone moving around in there.

A week later our house gets broken into. Do they call the police to say there is a fucking SECURITY ALARM going off next door? How about that there is a smashed patio window? No. They just sit in their fucking house and continue their anti-social behaviour.

glad im not the only one that was thinking that.

They totally broke into your house dude.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All right! Let's explore the wonders of my Santa's wonderful gift from across the sea!

I resized them, but hopefully they can still be experienced in their full amateur glory.

Checking out the outside, I happily find that it is a Santa-related package. The Customs declaration on the front gives me a hint as to what it is :lol:
    cfAU0Bt5.jpeg

Looking inside, we find the greatest gift of all- bubble wrap for me to send my santee's gift in tomorrow!
    c5dpOYOt.jpeg

And a note!
    bgg8y1Rv.jpeg

Before anything else, let's take a look at the great wrapping paper:
    aaaw

VpE0JRnD.jpeg

Now check out the first gift!
    Completely unexpected, yet I love it. You, Santa, are a fine stalker. I've been meaning to get this book for over a year now! <3

MfJhGSOJ.jpeg

Numero dos! Also in the pleasantly unexpected category.

Hideo Kojima? WOT??

A... launch card trailer card CD certificate? Best gift or bestest gift?

It's so cool, yet I'm also confused. But still <3

DZxteWEE.jpeg

O48ezwi8.jpeg

h1OGFHDJ.jpeg

You should have heard the noise when I put that disk in my drive. Worth it!

What else is there to be found in my magical mystery box...
    SUPER BRITISH CANDY FROM BEYOND THE SEAS!

0JR0ADhH.jpeg

I honestly lasted about 10 seconds after taking that picture.

mKNPzlvp.jpeg

It overwhelmed me. I'm afraid to try the next bar. English people, tell me what to go for first!

And the final, perhaps bestest gift in my praiseworthy parcel...
    A spiffy mouse! Arguably the spiffiest of mice.

Let me just say I loaded up TF2 and I was snipin' dem pubs. Perfect for my equally spiffy new computer!

I like to change the DPI just because the button is there. FAST! slooooow, FAST! slooooFAslow.

XPd43V9P.jpeg

So thank you Santa (iMatt? REVEAL YOUR BRILLIANCE!) for so much wonderful stuff! And you shipped it overseas! And it actually arrived at the post office before Thanksgiving (which I know you people don't really celebrate but you were quick is what I am trying to say)! I declare you bestest santa! <3

Antithesis on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mighty wrote: »

So the elderly Chinese family next door stole my laptop? FUCKERS!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wait, is that signed by hideo kojima?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

This was my thought as well. WE MUST KNOW. Because that would be awesome.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DUAL LENSES

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santee, I should be able to get out and purchase some gifts tomorrow. I have an hour to kill while my daughter is at AWANA so I'll be taking my son out and should hopefully return with an armful of things that you like and should be shipped by the end of the week.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sent out my gift. Santee shall know it by the odd red (possibly fuzzy!) object enclosed within.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

This was my thought as well. WE MUST KNOW. Because that would be awesome.

It most certainly looks, feels, and smells like Hideo Kojima's signature.

:D

Antithesis on
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

AbsoluteZero and Mighty seemed awfully fast to suggest that... I bet they broke into your house

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mr Heist wrote: »

AbsoluteZero and Mighty seemed awfully fast to suggest that... I bet they broke into your house

You seem awfully quick to cast the blame on others, Mr. Heist.

Schide on
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Hey! I resent that!

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A PS3, 2 games, AND a controller??

Fuck me.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    TheScruple wrote: »

Hey! I resent that!

I live here too.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Antithesis wrote: »
    All right! Let's explore the wonders of my Santa's wonderful gift from across the sea!

I resized them, but hopefully they can still be experienced in their full amateur glory.

Checking out the outside, I happily find that it is a Santa-related package. The Customs declaration on the front gives me a hint as to what it is :lol:
    cfAU0Bt5.jpeg

Looking inside, we find the greatest gift of all- bubble wrap for me to send my santee's gift in tomorrow!
    c5dpOYOt.jpeg

And a note!
    bgg8y1Rv.jpeg

Before anything else, let's take a look at the great wrapping paper:
    aaaw

VpE0JRnD.jpeg

Now check out the first gift!
    Completely unexpected, yet I love it. You, Santa, are a fine stalker. I've been meaning to get this book for over a year now! <3

MfJhGSOJ.jpeg

Numero dos! Also in the pleasantly unexpected category.

Hideo Kojima? WOT??

A... launch card trailer card CD certificate? Best gift or bestest gift?

It's so cool, yet I'm also confused. But still <3

DZxteWEE.jpeg

O48ezwi8.jpeg

h1OGFHDJ.jpeg

You should have heard the noise when I put that disk in my drive. Worth it!

What else is there to be found in my magical mystery box...
    SUPER BRITISH CANDY FROM BEYOND THE SEAS!

0JR0ADhH.jpeg

I honestly lasted about 10 seconds after taking that picture.

mKNPzlvp.jpeg

It overwhelmed me. I'm afraid to try the next bar. English people, tell me what to go for first!

And the final, perhaps bestest gift in my praiseworthy parcel...
    A spiffy mouse! Arguably the spiffiest of mice.

Let me just say I loaded up TF2 and I was snipin' dem pubs. Perfect for my equally spiffy new computer!

I like to change the DPI just because the button is there. FAST! slooooow, FAST! slooooFAslow.

XPd43V9P.jpeg

So thank you Santa (iMatt? REVEAL YOUR BRILLIANCE!) for so much wonderful stuff! And you shipped it overseas! And it actually arrived at the post office before Thanksgiving (which I know you people don't really celebrate but you were quick is what I am trying to say)! I declare you bestest santa! <3

A bit of background!

My wife came back from the post office and said "I had to declare what was in the box" so I said - "I assume you just put gifts" - but no, my good lady had declared all the goods by name so apologies if the customs tag took the shine off it.

I nearly didn't get the mouse - you nearly had a camelbak instead as you liked hiking.

The choccy bars - the starbar is my fave of all time (I know it's not in the photo but I did put a starbar in there - please god say it's still in there!) and the picnic my second fave of all time.

The Kojima thing is a very limited launch press pack that was sent to Japanese game journalists prior to the launch of MGS2 - just before Kojima 'submerged' and all that. I went a bit MGS2 mad at one point in my life and ended up buying rare MGS bits from all over the world (kubricks etc - this was about the time in my life where I was close to a solid snake tattoo!). I figured you'd be into it and it has been sat in a box unloved for a couple of years so I thought I'd chuck it in as a sweetener!

Glad you liked the loot!

iMatt on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aww man, you mean we don't have to specifically declare what's in our packages.. Lame.. Sorry Santee..

remlap13 on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So you can just label them as gifts? I don't see how that could work, it's not really delcaring anything.

If someone sent something to Australia labelled as Gifts, and the Gifts happen to be fresh food, you can bet your ass they'd tear that box open. It's their job.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm just posting to make everyone aware of the following, and this is probably the best place to do it.

If anyone is wanting to be a part of the Virtual Console/WiiWare Secret Santa this year, I'm just letting you know that I am in the process of creating that thread, so expect it very soon. It's going kind of slowly though.

Hope to see you there!

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Santee. Hey, santee. I just found something awesome I can get you. Oh man. Which one to choose? Hmmm.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Um, let's just make this large for good measure:

DO NOT WRITE "GIFTS" ON YOUR CUSTOMS DECLARATIONS!

Even if your package is a gift, you must clearly identify all items in the package. You pay duty on gifts if they exceed $100 (when shipping to USA. It must be under $60 when going to Canada), so if you just write "GIFTS" on your slip they're going to assume you're trying to dodge the tax.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What about US to other places besides Canada? What are some price limits we need to be aware of?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Google could probably give you the info you require, but a quick search told me that it's £18 maximum to the UK.

You still mark the package as a gift (as opposed to merchandise or sample), but make sure you don't over-inflate the value of things.

I once got a package of press shit in the mail, and the sender marked that it was worth $200. I had to pay like $20 or something like that. If she had simply marked that the random mouse pads, stickers, pens, and game discs inside were worth $60, I would have been fine.

Figgy on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kiwi wrote: »
    Oh crap, you guys. Guess who just got be-gifted! But alas, this tale is rife with disappointment. (bumbumbum!) Can you get past the poor grammar and frequent changes in person? Read on if you dare.
    Don't worry! It has a happy ending!

I got a PM from someone suspiciously named "hohoho.kiwi". Said message politely guided my attention to a new email address which, I gathered, I should immediately log on.

And what do I find? No, my friends. Not a plea to start a garden. Nor a tirade labeling me a woman of ill repute. Something much better. A newsletter from Marvel?

No, sillies. You have to look closer.

A subscription to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited? That means Free Digital Comics? OH SHIT SON!

So, obviously, I immediately try to log on and bask in the awesomeness of Mace1370's gifting. But Disappointment #1: I can't access the site!

Oh, wait, Work Internet is just slow.

After that brief period of anxiety, what do I find? Sweet holy shit. The subscription is for 1 year? An entire year? As in 12 months? Sweet mother, Mace, do you know what you've done to me? I was excited before. But now? I can read motherfucking thousands of comics and feed my OCD tendencies and see exactly how Kitty Pryde spent the years 1990-2000, or why I should care about that one dude with that tattoo's. And then when I'm done with that, I can go back and read more because, dammit, I've got time. Fucking aces!

Alas, we come to Disappointment #2. I can't use the comic reader at work. But that's ok, because it's work, and I should be learning about Acute Renal Failure, or something.

But give me one minute, Work Firewall. Let me tell the world how awesome Mace is. Because, my friends, Mace is really fucking rad.

Wait. Wait, what? Disappointment #3: The firewall won't let me back on to the forums? I was just on them a minute ago, you stupid whore! Why would you do this to me? It's just not possible to keep so much joy and merriment to oneself. I MUST PASS ON THIS WARM, FUZZY FEELING! Like the Ring, only with happiness and no creepy zombie girls.

And then I cried on the inside for 3 hours before I got back home.

Which is where I am now. Typing this while simultaneously reading the last issue of Heroes for Hire because I keep forgetting to pick it up.

In conclusion: Best Christmas ever! Hi 5 Mace!

I'm glad you like it :). I'm still trying to decipher your clues. I've made it to the blog, and I've noticed that random letters in the most recent post are capitalized. Am I on the right track?

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Kiwi wrote: »
    Oh crap, you guys. Guess who just got be-gifted! But alas, this tale is rife with disappointment. (bumbumbum!) Can you get past the poor grammar and frequent changes in person? Read on if you dare.
    Don't worry! It has a happy ending!

I got a PM from someone suspiciously named "hohoho.kiwi". Said message politely guided my attention to a new email address which, I gathered, I should immediately log on.

And what do I find? No, my friends. Not a plea to start a garden. Nor a tirade labeling me a woman of ill repute. Something much better. A newsletter from Marvel?

No, sillies. You have to look closer.

A subscription to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited? That means Free Digital Comics? OH SHIT SON!

So, obviously, I immediately try to log on and bask in the awesomeness of Mace1370's gifting. But Disappointment #1: I can't access the site!

Oh, wait, Work Internet is just slow.

After that brief period of anxiety, what do I find? Sweet holy shit. The subscription is for 1 year? An entire year? As in 12 months? Sweet mother, Mace, do you know what you've done to me? I was excited before. But now? I can read motherfucking thousands of comics and feed my OCD tendencies and see exactly how Kitty Pryde spent the years 1990-2000, or why I should care about that one dude with that tattoo's. And then when I'm done with that, I can go back and read more because, dammit, I've got time. Fucking aces!

Alas, we come to Disappointment #2. I can't use the comic reader at work. But that's ok, because it's work, and I should be learning about Acute Renal Failure, or something.

But give me one minute, Work Firewall. Let me tell the world how awesome Mace is. Because, my friends, Mace is really fucking rad.

Wait. Wait, what? Disappointment #3: The firewall won't let me back on to the forums? I was just on them a minute ago, you stupid whore! Why would you do this to me? It's just not possible to keep so much joy and merriment to oneself. I MUST PASS ON THIS WARM, FUZZY FEELING! Like the Ring, only with happiness and no creepy zombie girls.

And then I cried on the inside for 3 hours before I got back home.

Which is where I am now. Typing this while simultaneously reading the last issue of Heroes for Hire because I keep forgetting to pick it up.

In conclusion: Best Christmas ever! Hi 5 Mace!

I'm glad you like it :). I'm still trying to decipher your clues. I've made it to the blog, and I've noticed that random letters in the most recent post are capitalized. Am I on the right track?

Ha, that's great. Yeah, you're on the right track. And FYI: you just need to look at that most recent post, you can ignore the rest of that crap.

Yeah, I recently explained Perplex City (one of my favorite ARG's) to someone, and got all caught up in puzzles and websites and stuff like that.

Kiwi on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Christmas presents are wrapped and under/beside my adorably tiny tree. Sadly santee, no, not yours. I'm waiting for part 2 to get here so I can send it off in one package.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    After some secret PMing I've got some Steam sale gifts, in my email I had waiting...
    mirrorsedge.jpg

I've been really curious about this game after seeing it on my mates PS3, definitly looking forward to it

and...
    plantszombies.jpg
    Been very curious about this one for a while

Eagerly awaiting the carepackage, thank you very much secret santa!

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am spending more on you this xmas than anybody I know in real life. That's kindof fucked up now that I think about it.

Yes, but how many of those you know post their stuff you got them on the internet? It's all their fault!

I do if you give me anything worthwhile (ok, I got Borderlands from him just so he can play it with me :P ).

Edit: I just saw that my gametag also is used by someone on a dutch dating site --> that is not me :P

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee,
    Your package is on the way

Lost on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee,

You have your package now apparently according to USPS. I hope you are enjoying it and that is the reason you haven't posted about it, rather than me getting the address wrong or something.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    12gauge wrote: »
    I am spending more on you this xmas than anybody I know in real life. That's kindof fucked up now that I think about it.

Yes, but how many of those you know post their stuff you got them on the internet? It's all their fault!

I do if you give me anything worthwhile (ok, I got Borderlands from him just so he can play it with me :P ).

Edit: I just saw that my gametag also is used by someone on a dutch dating site --> that is not me :P

Oh, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Borderlands only. At any rate, I think I have to call someone tonight and talk to this person about your secret dating site account.

edit: And that picture is so totally not you. Liar.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Deat Santee,

I will send your package out later this week (If not today.). I'm sorry it has taken this long (A combination of our own faults.) but I'm sure you'll like what you're getting!

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In a startling display of postal timing, all my gifts for my Santee arrived today! Now to ponder, do I need more? One of the items I ordered is absolutely beautiful, and I know my Santee will just love it! I'll start with some local delicacies, then maybe some more...

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee,

The packing peanuts snug / everything in place
    these gifts I put inside / will rock your fracking face

I have said a prayer and passed it to the USPS gods. May they be merciful and swift.
    and by merciful and swift I mean 6-10 days

Your friend,
    Santa

RisenPhoenix on
This discussion has been closed.