As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

InFlux is all up on this PAX Australian Indie Showcase

• OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    screw my lack of free time I would've loved to help code for this

Ohtsam on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I would very much like to do Voice or Foley work for this project

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So awesome.

If you need words said or tests or anything count me in.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've started setting up the animation tree in the editor and it seems to work well with blending. I'm going to tweak it so that the default is walking with a sprint option that speeds up and blends into the running animation.

NotASenator on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think it's more hilarious if it's just a real raptor and everyone just thinks "there's something weird about the new guy but I can't put my finger on it."......."You can't put your fingers on anything. The new guy ate them." "Oh yeah, that's it."

Reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-wOnlO9ro

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This game sounds terribad.

I shall happily hurl dirt at you and try to quash your enthusiasm. In turn, when said game is finished and awesome, you can list me in the credits as "the guy who hurled dirt and quashed our enthusiasm." I think that's only fair.

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fuck you guys!

I was just laid off after twenty years of loyal service to my company... *twenty* years! This morning I found out that I'm being replaced by a fucking velociraptor! Typical move by the bean-counters; only looking at the bottom line. Yeah, tossing him an intern or two every now and then is a lot cheaper than paying my salary, but how do they expect him to interface with our client base? All of his networking contacts have been dead for over 70 million years; he'll have to start from the ground up!

Thanks for rubbing salt in my wound, jerks.

Sincerely,
    An Apatosaurus

Anti-Sean on
  • QbsQbs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    T4CT wrote: »
    Can you imagine the marketing you could do for a game like this?

Just go around town plastering places with posters about Velociraptor discrimination in the workplace and how you can fight it.

I'm super excited for this game. Looks like you guys are full up on writing staff but if you ever need dialogue I'm working on my english journalism degree, so I'm good to y'know, edit stuff.

I too am curious as to what Impromptu will do to market this game.

At the very least, you should put out a youtube video, some kind of short news blurb about discrimination in the workplace toward Velociraptors. You should have an interview with a raptor that wants to remain anonymous, you do this by finding some kind of raptor mask model or whatever and then put it in shadow, and then have a garbled voice speak to disguise the raptors voice. And he could be talking about how his employer and fellow coworkers discriminated against him or whatever.

You can also have some success stories that other raptors have had like the ones in Jurassic Park.

Then you can talk about this game, and how it will help raptors learn to blend in to their office environments and befriend coworkers.

The posters thing is also a good idea, put them up at bus stops or other places with frequent traffic to let people know that discrimination against raptors is a crime.

Maybe set up an fake entire website to increase awareness of the problem

Qbs on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Qbs wrote: »
    T4CT wrote: »
    Can you imagine the marketing you could do for a game like this?

Just go around town plastering places with posters about Velociraptor discrimination in the workplace and how you can fight it.

I'm super excited for this game. Looks like you guys are full up on writing staff but if you ever need dialogue I'm working on my english journalism degree, so I'm good to y'know, edit stuff.

I too am curious as to what Impromptu will do to market this game.

At the very least, you should put out a youtube video, some kind of short news blurb about discrimination in the workplace toward Velociraptors. You should have an interview with a raptor that wants to remain anonymous, you do this by finding some kind of raptor mask model or whatever and then put it in shadow, and then have a garbled voice speak to disguise the raptors voice. And he could be talking about how his employer and fellow coworkers discriminated against him or whatever.

You can also have some success stories that other raptors have had like the ones in Jurassic Park.

Then you can talk about this game, and how it will help raptors learn to blend in to their office environments and befriend coworkers.

The posters thing is also a good idea, put them up at bus stops or other places with frequent traffic to let people know that discrimination against raptors is a crime.

Maybe set up an fake entire website to increase awareness of the problem

Trust me when I say that I have an idea.

NotASenator on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra is now internet famous for bringing Gabe to Australia. You can somehow manipulate that fame. Possibly reveal that he is, in fact, a velociraptor?

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is your project in need of words? Because I write them. Occasionally, I may arrange them into sentences. I'm more of a dialogue guy than prose (playwriting background), so if you have the need, I would like to help.

MagnumCT on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm one of those music types, so if you need things recorded/written/mixed, I'm around.

Also that blockbuster photo from the last thread? Yeah definitely in Calgary.

T4CT on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

You can't seriously be calling that steaming pile of prejudicial and discriminatory typecasting a step forward for the Cause.

"Oh look - there's a raptor in this movie. I bet he eats someone."

Unbelievable.

Elvenshae on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Some MS paint raptor love from the other thread.

raptor3.png

raptor4.png

uppermiddlemanagerrapto.png

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Damn that last raptor is classy.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I would be most interested in helping with animation. Do you need background characters to walk, or stand around a watercooler and talk about last week's episode of survivor? Perhaps a character needs to move files from one filing cabinet to another. I can do that.

2 weeks till class is done, then I'm free.

I don't have any experience with UDK (yet...) but if you throw me a rig, I will make it move.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Recently discovered historical documents suggest that many of mankind's greatest minds were actually velociraptors. Abraham Lincoln's personal correspondence with the mysterious "J.F.S.", as recorded by the research of Anthony Desirets et al. of Columbia, contains several telling references to Lincoln's difficulty finding clothing that could "conceal my nature - I am sure I need not explain this further to you, old friend." "J.F.S." is widely suspected to have been Joshua F. Speed, a friend of Lincoln's that historians suspect was also a velociraptor.

Leonardo da Vinci was accused by inquisitors in both Florence and Venice of being a "lucertola grande" or "big lizard," charges which da Vinci denied. Inquisitors claimed to have evidence but it appears that they were unable to present it at trial due to the influence of da Vinci's wealthy patrons.

Yougottawanna on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    1 out of every 5 rappers on MTV is actually a rap-tor.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Velociraptors are stealing jobs from hardworking american citizens in a time of recession for our economy. We need stricter regulation of these reptiles and more widespread policies pit into place to control the ferocity of these creatures.

Also all raptors are communist and oppose democracy.

T4CT on
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Upper Middle Manager Raptor reminds me quite a bit too much of Ted Turner. Good job!

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
    edited December 2009
    This just crossed my desk:
    velociraptor_employee_form.jpg

Anti-Sean on
    edited December 2009
    *fingersnaps*

Elvenshae on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hey now, Raptor Parks stole my seat!

you wouldn't happen to be hiring for the position of volunteer bard/team minstrel would you?

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Someone tried to PM me but my inbox was full, they should totally send that PM again.

LaCabra on
    edited December 2009
    Maybe someone wanted to buy Impromptu Games

Qbs on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is your project in need of a lazy concept artist? Or, if someone is willing to hold my hand and teach me how to model/texture coffee mugs I could try that.

Here is my not very updated resume http://jayto.deviantart.com/gallery/

Scosglen on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The question is cabbie, does your project have a good layout? Whats your event structure like? Will there be more than one path through the game? Could you charm businesses with your professionalism and wit or opt to gain status through fear and bloodshed?
    Will there be RPG mechanics?

These are things I could help you lay out.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    The question is cabbie, does your project have a good layout? Whats your event structure like? Will there be more than one path through the game? Could you charm businesses with your professionalism and wit or opt to gain status through fear and bloodshed?

I think the game is already designed, from start to finish. These boys are just implementing it now.

Qbs on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I think the game is already designed, from start to finish. These boys are just implementing it now.

Then I want a copy of the design doc to read as a bedtime story.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I remember seeing the first page of the design document somewhere. Is the whole thing online anywhere?

Yougottawanna on
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No man, spoilers.

LaCabra on
    edited December 2009

Then I want a copy of the design doc to read as a bedtime story.

You won't be getting that unless you actually work at Impromptu Games. Spoilers, etc

Qbs on
  • RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hey, if I modeled a mug and texture mapped it and posted the map here, would you guys make me all kinds of awesome mug designs? I'd even include an example texture so you knew what was going on.

Remington on
    edited December 2009
    Remington wrote: »
    Hey, if I modeled a mug and texture mapped it and posted the map here, would you guys make me all kinds of awesome mug designs? I'd even include an example texture so you knew what was going on.

Absolutely. :D:D:D

Elvenshae on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »

Absolutely. :D:D:D

Someone has to make a "Clever girl" mug!

Vic on
    edited December 2009
    Okay, seriously ... that was going to be my first one. :evil:

But that's okay - we can have competing designs. :D

Elvenshae on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    thejazzman wrote: »
    Guess since Joe put in all the effort to make this thread I'll do a little developer diary.

Here's some quick walk cycle shots that show the raptor bobbin' along, it's a bit rough but we're just trying to prototype things in game atm so there you have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smsUsg1yBuI

Awesome animation, but the tail is too flexible; it looks more like a noodle waving than a lizard tail. I've never had a raptor, but I have had a big green iguana. Lizard tails like those are pretty muscular (which my face found out a few times), so it shouldn't be all limp and well, noodly.
    Noodle.

More importantly, this idea is awesome and everyone involved in making it should feel awesome. Who's the big boss going to be, a T-Rex head through a hole in a wall sitting behind a desk?

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited December 2009
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Okay, seriously ... that was going to be my first one. :evil:

But that's okay - we can have competing designs. :D

"You don't have to be a vicious feathered pack-hunting carnivorous theropod to work here, but it helps!"

...that might work better on a poster, though.

Anti-Sean on
  • thejazzmanthejazzman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Awesome animation, but the tail is too flexible; it looks more like a noodle waving than a lizard tail. I've never had a raptor, but I have had a big green iguana. Lizard tails like those are pretty muscular (which my face found out a few times), so it shouldn't be all limp and well, noodly.
    Noodle.

More importantly, this idea is awesome and everyone involved in making it should feel awesome. Who's the big boss going to be, a T-Rex head through a hole in a wall sitting behind a desk?

Yeah I pretty much just wanted the guy to be a bit fun looking and silly, and the tails on the raptors in Jurassic Park are really quite flexible so I didn't mind pushing it even further than that. If it looks bad when playing I'll change it.

thejazzman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is the best idea for a game ever. If I knew anything about making games, I would help out. Since I don't, you just get moral support. Go team!

PolloDiablo on