As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I hope my Santee's package actually gets to its destination. I bet I lost at least 2 business days to Thanksgiving, so hopefully it'll be there by next week.

edit: also, no mysterious packages have arrived on my doorstop yet. No big deal, it's still pretty early in the game. :)

Norfair on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Okay, so my Santee's got his present... Now to show it off! Come on! Bask in our envy! Well, everyone but Icemopper's envy.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Package Status delivered, now to wait for my santee to post. Once he does he will receive a little extra in a PM.

Handkor on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm just finishing writing up the letter to go with the box now and holy shit I'm almost to page 3 just listing everything inside.

I'm fairly certain you aren't my Santa, but even I'm dying to know what you've been collecting and hording all this time

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TeeMan wrote: »
    I'm just finishing writing up the letter to go with the box now and holy shit I'm almost to page 3 just listing everything inside.

I'm fairly certain you aren't my Santa, but even I'm dying to know what you've been collecting and hording all this time

http://nsfw-comix.com/nsfw051.htm Bottom right.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just shipped out my santee's gift! Or at least ordered it.

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ho ho holy Crap. So I arrive home from work, shitty day, and notice after setting my things down that I have a box! Sure enough it is from my Santa, I ask the wifey to grab a camera and I grab the kid for some extra muscle-
    4156733320_612466afdc_b.jpg

She basically devoured the box. I had to pull the bits and pieces out of her terrifying gums of fury. I did however save a note from destruction-
    4155971883_cf1f2a2490_b.jpg

Now this letter is in perfect military fashion, letter head and everything I get the sneaking suspision that my Santa wears cammies when he stalks.
    Letter Wrote:
    To: Stavesacre

Subj: MANDATORY HOLIDAY CHEER

Ref: New Recruit

1. Per the reference, it has come to our attention that a new recruit was recently welcomed into your family unit. On behalf of PASC, please find enclosed in this dispatch (1) standard issue early indoctrination kit(this was with a strikethru) family-friendly holiday gift package.

TABLE-I: CONTENTS
    - one (1) standard-issue new recruit uniform
    - one (1) H1N1 readiness kit
    - one (1) Azeroth Aquatic Terrorist combat training dummy
    - one (1) enemy combatant / international ally translation engine for Santees traveling abroad
    - one (1) recovered Pagan hymnal
    - one (1) field guide to logistics and combat physics
    - one (1) first-hand account of psychological warfare operations

2. This package has been assembled with the optimal holiday cheer levels in mind. If you find your holiday cheer levels to be too high, too low, or erratic, please submit an official complaint through your chain of command or request mast.

TheScruple
    Quartermaster
    Awesome TheScruple really knows his stuff, lets see what we got here....
    4155972601_92e7b3be75_b.jpg

MURKY! GLEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    I actually have a murky from our trip to Blizzcon so this is super awesome. Terra looks wary.
    4155972827_4bcc0302ac_b.jpg

Oh no! H1N1 virus! Now she will go play with alllll the bad germs. Curses!
    4156734750_1c3b45861f_b.jpg

This.. this is fantastic and going in a frame in my office immediately. I hope that TheScruple can shine some light on this.
    4156734944_740889de97_b.jpg
    Oh boy. Math for Marines. :lol:
    4156735596_fca6e5897c_b.jpg
    Uniform for Terra!
    4155974111_b9bc2cdfd9_b.jpg
    This actually is quite fantastic, the wife and I are planning on going to Europe next year so I am sure this will work out very nicely!
    4155974301_a7031a38e4_b.jpg
    Yes! Zombie Carols!
    4155974431_47a254d413_b.jpg
    Here is the full spread!

Thank you so much TheScruple! It brought a huge smile to my face and turned around my terrible day. I hope you chime in with a bit of background and your well deserved praise. My commander will be getting a notification of my Holiday Cheer being far too high.:lol:

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm growing irritated with the snail-like pace of snail mail.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well played, TheScruple! I love that letter.
    More gifts! All you people need to get workin on receiving packages so we can see what joy is contained therein. This thread rules.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TeeMan wrote: »

http://nsfw-comix.com/nsfw051.htm Bottom right.

Really should have looked twice before clicking that at work :P Thankfully its blocked haha

edit: That letter is amazing :lol:

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift get! Sent to me via proxy and I was told to expect goodness in the mail as well, so I'll post pics when it gets here. Thanks Santa! :)

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am so happy to make your day, stavesacre! I found a few key posts by yourself (and Mrs. stavesacre!) and latched on to a few things I thought you'd enjoy.

I myself am not a member of the armed forces, however, when I found out you were, my roommate (a USMC Reservist) was very happy to provide the picture, his textbook, and his knowhow for the cause. Some quick Googling led me to various templates for official USMC correspondence, which I modified for the Santa Corps. If this becomes a "thing", I'll be very happy to provide the Santa Corps template to whoever wants it :)

As my roommate tells it, the infamous "You Stay Classy, Iraq" picture was taken on the road into the city of Fallujah back in May 2006. When he arrived in October of that year, the sign had already been taken down, but one of his buddies who had been there was using the picture as his desktop background. My roommate got himself a copy, and here we are.

Glad you liked everything, and send my best to Missus and Lil stavesacre. :D

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Success Santee! I have gotten baby-sitters (the in-laws are awesome) for tomorrow night (even OVERnight!) so I can run around town, unshackled by children, to find the perfect gift for you!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santa, you LIED! You said I'd get my gift tomorrow, but I picked it up today. I've found it in my heart to let that one go, though. <3

And it's a merry box of goodies from Vancouver! I must have mentioned somewhere that I'm going to the Olympics in February, because I was wished a good trip and gifted a lovely Official Keychain Thingie. I actually need a new keychain. Nice!

Cute Penguin Boxes and Obligatory Cat:

Wrappedpackages.jpg

Opening the Cute Penguin Boxes, I found a copy of The Last Remnant and a nifty dragon statuette! I mentioned that I collect dragons, and this guy has now joined my collection. :) I've also been intrigued by The Last Remnant but hadn't bought it yet.

Ye Olden Haul:

GameandDragon.jpg

Thanks so much, Santa, you rock! You did a great job stalking, too. I know I'm not easy to stalk. So I know your real name, what's your forum name?

::Swashbuckles, full of holiday cheer::

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bursar wrote: »
    Okay, so my Santee's got his present... Now to show it off! Come on! Bask in our envy! Well, everyone but Icemopper's envy.

Oh don't say that!!! I'm envious of many of the gifts, and I'm envious that I didn't have more to give this season as well. Santee, I'm still waiting on you to post in here beyond the "I'm in!" posts!!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »

Oh don't say that!!! I'm envious of many of the gifts, and I'm envious that I didn't have more to give this season as well. Santee, I'm still waiting on you to post in here beyond the "I'm in!" posts!!

Man, mine didn't even have one of those!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santee! You'll be getting your gift on the 9th!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You named your daughter Terra? That is entirely too awesome. Or crazy, not sure which. :P Leaning towards awesome.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, the doorbell rang today.
    Outside, there was indeed a package!
    I quickly took it inside to examine:
    Santa002.jpg

Aha! Think Geek. Always a good indication.

I opened the box:
    Santa003.jpg

oooooo packing material...

and under it?
    Santa004.jpg

More boxes!

Hardly able to contain my joy, I grabbed and opened the nearest box and spilled its contents across the table:
    Santa005.jpg

A plethora of caffeinated candies, gums, and mints!

How about this box?
    Santa006.jpg

I guess I should open it:
    Santa010.jpg

Why, a mug emblazoned with the likeness of everyone's favorite molecule, caffeine!

Am I sensing a correlation? On to the largest, and heaviest box of all:
    Santa007.jpg

Root Jack? Is opening this box going to give me malware?

I ignore my instincts and bravely open the box:
    Santa008.jpg

Aha! Delicious caffeinated orange-flavor root beer, infused with vitamin C to fight off scurvy!
    Fantastic!

Now for refreshment:
    Santa009.jpg

Mmmmmm...

Thanks you Santa! <3 so much. You didn't include your name, but if you step forward you may receive even more <3s... Also there's a small chance this is from a different Secret Santa I was doing, so I wanna make sure. ^_^'

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It was me! I was the bearer of caffeinated goodness.

Hope you enjoy~

freakish light on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santee of mine... I don't know what it is about this one part of your gift, but I almost had to buy it a third time. Instead, the Grinch who tried to snatch it away from good little boys and girls is about to experience the full power of this completely armed and operational police force - especially since he's (and his friends apparently) are 18. They got him, with what looks to be all the stuff they stole from me... including your gift! It's getting sent out ASAP now... I think this fucker's cursed. :shock:

Slagmire on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Slagmire wrote: »
    Santee of mine... I don't know what it is about this one part of your gift, but I almost had to buy it a third time. Instead, the Grinch who tried to snatch it away from good little boys and girls is about to experience the full power of this completely armed and operational police force - especially since he's (and his friends apparently) are 18. They got him, with what looks to be all the stuff they stole from me... including your gift! It's getting sent out ASAP now... I think this fucker's cursed. :shock:

More details pallleaze!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's all detailed in the Package Thief! thread in H/A if you're interested

freakish light on
  • Options
    stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    You named your daughter Terra? That is entirely too awesome. Or crazy, not sure which. :P Leaning towards awesome.

Yup. Mild reference to FF6 on my part, but mostly because the wife and I love the planet, and hope she does too.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Hope you enjoy~

Oh yeah, it's been a while since I've had the caffeine candy sampler, but the Jolt gum is fantastic

freakish light on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Hope you enjoy~

Oh yeah, it's been a while since I've had the caffeine candy sampler, but the Jolt gum is fantastic

The gum is in my mouth, and I find it delicious!
    <3<3<3<3<3's as promised!

Thanks!

I really hope my santee's gift will show up, so I can resend it!

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't really begin to translate to you the bad day I have had.
    I hate military doctors. I really do. You cant disagree with anything they say or watch out!

They prescribed my son a steroid inhaler a while back without him being diagnosed with asthma. Since my son hasn't been diagnosed with asthma I stopped giving it to him, mainly because I don't like the idea of a 5 year old being on a daily steroid that can stunt his growth or who knows what other side effects. And the little fact he doesn't have any problems breathing....

So this brings me to today, school calls and says he has a 101 degree fever with typical runny nose and slight chest congestion. So I pick him up and make the appointment, amazed I got in the same day. I get down there and everything is fine till I tell the doctor I stopped the steroid. Nice doctor leaves and bitch doctor enters.

I am trying my best to ignore her and just leave, but the power goes out so we cant go get the chest xray she wants for the chest congestion. So she sends us downtown to the local ER.

Remember what I said about disagreements with military doctors? Guess who was waiting for me at the ER? If you said Child Protection Services then you would be correct!

CPS? WTF?

Any who, long story short.... I explain the whole thing to the ER doctor and he agrees with me that my concerns about the steroid is valid and military was probably correct in the diagnosis but should have talked to me and/or given me the option for a second opinion which never happened. He then told the CPS there was nothing for them to do here and they asked two questions and left. Yay! He even called in the on-call pediatrician to talk to me about it. Yay!

I am bummed about the second opinion pretty much confirming what the military doctor said but I am extremely happy that I basically got my second opinion without being treated like a 3 year old and had everything fully explained to me unlike the military doctor did.

Btw the monster is fine and the ER doc and pediatrician didn't even order a chest xray because he didn't think it was needed.

TL : DR I hate military doctors and REALLY need to find a way for Tricare to let me take him to a local pediatrician. Child Protection? really? WTF is this shit?

So I am feeling pretty stressfull when I get home and what do I see sitting on the front porch?
    Oh shit! GIFTS GET!
    Santa_1.1259888649128367511122524050611915200911023553530729.jpg

What's Inside?
    Santa_2.1259888821149807511122524050611915200911023553530729.jpg

and

Santa_3.1259888832150897511122524050611915200911023553530729.jpg

Yeah fat loot!

Also from the old thread, I got this a few days back!
    santa1.125927089719270166205119750611915200911023553530729.png

Thanks Santa, whoever you are. You really brightened my day when it really needed it.

REALLY needed it......

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You guys are all amazing. It's things like this that make me understand why I spend so much time here.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man arcath you got Baron Ransack Von Joy. One of the best Transformers to come out for the new movie.

Sucks about your doctor ordeal though. Never had to deal with military doctors but I can guess how they might be.

Schide on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well now the OP can't be edited and all our presents aren't in one place :(:(

A mod or admin with a kind heart could copy the first post from the previous thread into a new thread and move all the posts in this thread to that new thread.

So kind it would be like Christmas came early.

Alegis on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    arcath wrote: »
    Bad story, awesome gifts, delicious chocolates

Nice haul there. Ransack is an awesome little figure, he's probably the best of that size class for both movies.
    Aside from the evil toaster, of course.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Now that this thread is sanctioned by the Santa King - let's post some loot!

A mysterious package was sitting in front of my doorstep this morning! I was just about to open it up, when suddenly
    I was attacked by Demon Kittens! But of course!

mhzfys.jpg

(you can tell those are nefarious creatures from hell because look at those freaking glowing eyes man.)

While fending off the intruders, I was still able to snack something out of the box. And just in time, as I thought, because out I pulled
    no one else then Simon 'the fucking man' Belmont!

2i0u6pt.jpg

A fierce battle commenced:

1oxax1.jpg

Whip 'em good, Simon!

With the vicious beasts slain, I suddendly remember the package I got from my Secret Santa. Peaking inside, there was indeed another present in there!
    10wphg6.jpg

It's Dominion! The boardgame all the cool kids are playing! :D

And an awesome personal letter from my Santa!
    2eknl8h.jpg

After having saved my soul from certain doom, Simon silently vanished into the night - for as long as the Great Evil spread terror among the humans, no one was safe from the terrible cats of the abyss.
    dq0wmq.jpg

And here my story ends, but the journey of a legendary hero has just begun.

"Who is this amazing Secret Santa?" I hear you ask. Well, but it could only be Bursar, for his awesome stalking and gifting powers are unmatched. Thanks, mate!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Haha love the last picture.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    arcath wrote: »
    I can't really begin to translate to you the bad day I have had.
    I hate military doctors. I really do. You cant disagree with anything they say or watch out!

They prescribed my son a steroid inhaler a while back without him being diagnosed with asthma. Since my son hasn't been diagnosed with asthma I stopped giving it to him, mainly because I don't like the idea of a 5 year old being on a daily steroid that can stunt his growth or who knows what other side effects. And the little fact he doesn't have any problems breathing....

So this brings me to today, school calls and says he has a 101 degree fever with typical runny nose and slight chest congestion. So I pick him up and make the appointment, amazed I got in the same day. I get down there and everything is fine till I tell the doctor I stopped the steroid. Nice doctor leaves and bitch doctor enters.

I am trying my best to ignore her and just leave, but the power goes out so we cant go get the chest xray she wants for the chest congestion. So she sends us downtown to the local ER.

Remember what I said about disagreements with military doctors? Guess who was waiting for me at the ER? If you said Child Protection Services then you would be correct!

CPS? WTF?

Any who, long story short.... I explain the whole thing to the ER doctor and he agrees with me that my concerns about the steroid is valid and military was probably correct in the diagnosis but should have talked to me and/or given me the option for a second opinion which never happened. He then told the CPS there was nothing for them to do here and they asked two questions and left. Yay! He even called in the on-call pediatrician to talk to me about it. Yay!

I am bummed about the second opinion pretty much confirming what the military doctor said but I am extremely happy that I basically got my second opinion without being treated like a 3 year old and had everything fully explained to me unlike the military doctor did.

Btw the monster is fine and the ER doc and pediatrician didn't even order a chest xray because he didn't think it was needed.

TL : DR I hate military doctors and REALLY need to find a way for Tricare to let me take him to a local pediatrician. Child Protection? really? WTF is this shit?

So I am feeling pretty stressfull when I get home and what do I see sitting on the front porch?
    Oh shit! GIFTS GET!
    Santa_1.1259888649128367511122524050611915200911023553530729.jpg

What's Inside?
    Santa_2.1259888821149807511122524050611915200911023553530729.jpg

and

Santa_3.1259888832150897511122524050611915200911023553530729.jpg

Yeah fat loot!

Also from the old thread, I got this a few days back!
    santa1.125927089719270166205119750611915200911023553530729.png

Thanks Santa, whoever you are. You really brightened my day when it really needed it.

REALLY needed it......
    It's me. :mrgreen: I'm glad you like it. Sorry to hear about your bad day, but I'm glad you received it today. That's the magic of Christmas right there. Those are some of my favorite Christmas goodies. The chocolate covered marshmallow and caramel santas are freaking delicious. Enjoy!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man I just got to play Dominion recently, it is so awesome.

Niiiice.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a Simon Belmont figure.

I wonder if there are any others...

Schide on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man I just got to play Dominion recently, it is so awesome.

Niiiice.

Do go on about Dominion. I've wanted to play some sweet ass board games for some time now.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am anticipating both my own gift and my Santee getting his. It'll force him to actually post something on the forums. >.>

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I arrived home today to find a box from Amazon. I didnt take any pictures of the unpacking since I thought it was some stuff that I had ordered (I do most of my regular christmas shopping from there anyway)

but no!

secretsanta1.jpg

Goddamn I love this movie! And now its mine! I suspect someone has found my Amazon wish list
    secretsanta2.jpg

Yep! I havent actually seen Shoot em Up yet but I've been meaning to.

secretsanta3.jpg

Also on my wishlist

secretsanta4.jpg

aha! this is not on my wishlist. My santee has done some searching.

Ok c'mon reveal yourself.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the torrent of gifts seems to have started. good good good. excellent.

Ah_Pook on