As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Patch 1.06 Tomorrow! (NSF56K)

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Whee, Extended Mags on my SPAS-12

:rotate:

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Had a game last night of Domination on Highrise where a buy managed to get a 5kill multi kill within the first 10 seconds of the game.

5 members of my team rushed out to cap the point in our building and since you can see the other buildings point from across the map both teams started shooting at each other. Someone on my team drops a C4 on the point which immediately gets hit by a stray bullet killing all 5 of us.

I would love to have seen the +100 +50 +whatever messages appearing on that guys screen.

Cobalt60 on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had no idea the gun camo changed your clothing camo as well. Mind blown.

joshgotro on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Fall Camo on the ACR before I even hit 70 (non prestige)

Man that thing is a fucking bullet laser.

Amen to that. I'm undecided on whether or not to go for Extended Mags, since I love the ACOG so much on it (and already have completed Bling VI).

PaperLuigi44 on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Analrapist wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Apparently they must have gotten a lot of their new jargon from watching a lot of Generation Kill and forgetting that the Rangers arent Marines

This might actually be true -- no one ever uttered the phrase "Oscar Mike" in CoD4, which DOES feature Marines but also happened to come out almost a full year before Generation Kill.

Isn't it a farily common phrase in the military though. I have a few Autobiographies that use the term extensively. I'm talking Blackhawk down, Guests of the Ayatollah (birth of Delta force baby!) , Mike Durant's book (He's the pilot kidnapped in Blackhawk Down) Jarhead and Killing Time.

Been in the Army Infantry for almost six years, anytime someone uses jargon other than a joke or actually on the radio is instantly ridiculed. It's more embarrassing than when one of your friends says "EL OH EL" in public instead of laughing.

It should also be Charlie Mike after that brief halt - Continue Mission.

Edit note, speaking of crazy military inconsistencies I really hope their advisor argued against that terrible, terrible 240b firing sound. Whoever thought that sounded realistic/good should be shot at by one.

Pardon my civilian ignorance, but what is the 240b and what's wrong with the sound it makes?

The_Scarab on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »

I picked up the FAL again to get Blue Tiger, which brought back plenty of good memories. Once I get it for the ACR I shall be a happy man.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited December 2009

I picked up the FAL again to get Blue Tiger, which brought back plenty of good memories. Once I get it for the ACR I shall be a happy man.

I'm to assume I'm just going to see five silver stars next to your emblem forever?

joshgotro on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

179 headshots into my M4A1 at the moment.

D:

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited December 2009

I'm to assume I'm just going to see five silver stars next to your emblem forever?

Any thought of prestiging is instantly wiped from my mind when I consider that I am still only about a third of the way to getting Sitrep Pro.

With god as my witness, I will get Sitrep Pro.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited December 2009
    What's the Pro extra perk?

joshgotro on
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

:shock: Sweet.

John Matrix on
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I pretty sure it's louder enemy footsteps.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
    edited December 2009
    Blue map wrote: »

I pretty sure it's louder enemy footsteps.

I find it rarely quiet enough to hear them unless someone is coming up metal stairs.

joshgotro on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You sure gun cammo changes your clothes? Cause Im pretty sure it does not. You can, however, unlock new camo by getting 50-100-200 one hit kills with a sniper.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    edited December 2009

Yeah, it's louder enemy footsteps.

I am curious as to how effective it is, and to what titles lie beyond, since they still aren't in the wikia.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited December 2009
    Disrupter wrote: »
    You sure gun cammo changes your clothes? Cause Im pretty sure it does not. You can, however, unlock new camo by getting 50-100-200 one hit kills with a sniper.

I'll test to make sure but I had Urban on my M4 and my clothing was also urban while other team mates were not urban.

joshgotro on
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Disrupter wrote: »

I'll test to make sure but I had Urban on my M4 and my clothing was also urban while other team mates were not urban.

that would explain the different ghillie suits I've seen on the same team

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am on, someone save me from xbl puggery.

Tag is Sensazin, as always.

ChaosHat on
    edited December 2009
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Doesn't hurt to add the clan tag (PA MW2), I will be hopping on soon to recieve any friend requests that have occured since I last checked.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Doesn't hurt to add the clan tag (PA MW2), I will be hopping on soon to recieve any friend requests that have occured since I last checked.

I'll do that right after this round.

ChaosHat on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    After playing HCTDM for a bit tonight I really find myself wishing there was an 18 man option.

12 man on some of these maps just makes the game feel so empty in a TDM mode.

HappylilElf on
    edited December 2009
    After playing HCTDM for a bit tonight I really find myself wishing there was an 18 man option.

Derail doesn't really work with 12 people. Way too big.

Edit: no, wait; Derail doesn't work.

Ever.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited December 2009

Ever.

Derail + Domination + spawn at the far end near C point = me hiding for the match and playing Elona Shooter until it's over.

joshgotro on
    edited December 2009

Ever.

Derail + Domination + spawn at the far end near C point = me hiding for the match and playing Elona Shooter until it's over.

I always just whip out a sniper rifle, head up to the top floor of that building behind point C and pick people off the rooftop above point A. Usually good for at least 5-10 oneshot kills. I think that's why I like Domination far more than Team Death Match. The points seem to give the game a more structured flow which helps a ton on the larger maps for actually finding mans to kill.

HappylilElf on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    If I get a harrier, and I die, and then use that harrier and get a kill with it, that does not go towards my kill spree reward like it did in CoD4. Correct?

Sheep on
  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    If I get a harrier, and I die, and then use that harrier and get a kill with it, that does not go towards my kill spree reward like it did in CoD4. Correct?

Right, it will only add to your streak if you stay alive while it's up.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sheep wrote: »

Yes it will. If you die, it will still get you kills but none will count to a killstreak.

The_Scarab on
  • KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Not sure it's been posted here yet. Something for all you Oscar Mike lovers.

Kaglicious on
  • OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Y'all gonna bitch and moan about the Javelin exploiter, but then you won't leave the match? Abused Housewife Syndrome at its best.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Y'all gonna bitch and moan about the Javelin exploiter, but then you won't leave the match? Abused Housewife Syndrome at its best.

But the loss! the loss!

Actually no i always quit when i see exploiting. I could care less about my stats.

Canada_jezus on
    edited December 2009
    If an autoaim hacker with a chopper gunner on Wasteland isn't enough to make me drop out of a game a suiciding douchbag sure as hell isn't. :P

At least when the other team is javelin glitching they usually lose so it's often a free win. That wasteland though... I've never seen a TDM game end that quickly. He didn't even bother with a nuke because the match ended before his chopper gunner did and no one was alive long enough to get a shot off at him.

HappylilElf on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This game is absolute bullshit, and I'm done with it.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tonight I discovered the wonders of C4 in Domination. Playing stupid Quarry, got the same guy three times in a row in the same spot. This prompted him to send me a private message calling me a "gay fagot hilbilly" [sic].

Makes me love and hate PSN at the same time.

Michael H on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

The problem was no one noticed you dropped. Halfway into the game someone asked where pancake? That's when we realized it. Sides we won and I need every victory I can get. Man we had some badass games tonight. I actually did half decent as well so that's a plus.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

But the loss! the loss!

Actually no i always quit when i see exploiting. I could care less about my stats.

I care about Win/Loss, but not enough to stay in a match where someone's glitching.

W/L gets screwed over anyway thanks to the matchmaking still trying to fill games that have like 30 seconds left on the clock.

That's why I like TDM more than objective matches. My scoreboard is actually a reflection of my contribution. A few bullshit deaths here and then, but nothing like the frustration of trying to maintain a really impressive win streak.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    K/D > W/L

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    K/D > W/L

In both cases im wallowing in mediocrity . 1.20 k/d .80 w/l

EspantaPajaro on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    K/D > W/L

In both cases im wallowing in mediocrity . 1.20 k/d .80 w/l

1.20 K/D is pretty good considering that most players end up working from a deficit earned from their early rounds.

My k/d is going to be fucking stupid because I'm not the only one to play rounds on the account and I'm by far and away the best player. As in, I'm adequate.
    The other people who play on my account will routinely put up 3 and 13 scores.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • ChairborneChairborne Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Good lord it's like a whole different game playing with people from the PA board.

Chairborne on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Accuracy is clearly the best stat. I'm like 23.5% which apparently puts me way up the charts, it's weird.

Fats on