As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Patch 1.06 Tomorrow! (NSF56K)

• ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Woo, ran into two guys in a free for all tonight, not only javelin glitching, they started out with one constantly dropping a tac insert, and the other shooting him in the head, going for a nuke. Once I started hunting them down, they started trying to javelin glitch.

Only one of the chucklefucks didn't have a javelin. Stinger glitching is adorable.

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think that's why I like Domination far more than Team Death Match. The points seem to give the game a more structured flow which helps a ton on the larger maps for actually finding mans to kill.

I agree, I usually play domination for this reason.

Al_wat on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    K/D > W/L

In both cases im wallowing in mediocrity . 1.20 k/d .80 w/l

1.20 K/D is pretty good considering that most players end up working from a deficit earned from their early rounds.

My k/d is going to be fucking stupid because I'm not the only one to play rounds on the account and I'm by far and away the best player. As in, I'm adequate.
    The other people who play on my account will routinely put up 3 and 13 scores.

Speaking of K/D scores, have you guys seen the people at the top of the global list? Some of them are at or near 40.00! They have like 40,000 kills and only 1,000 deaths. How in the name of...

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fats wrote: »
    Accuracy is clearly the best stat. I'm like 23.5% which apparently puts me way up the charts, it's weird.

Everyone else is spraying with their full-auto weapons like crazy. The rest of us with our 3-shot burst or single shot weapons are doing better.

Thus, accuracy is the best grade. ;-)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    K/D .95

W/L 1.2

It seems I am a valuable team player despite dying a hell of a lot.

SirToasty on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kaglicious wrote: »
    Not sure it's been posted here yet. Something for all you Oscar Mike lovers.

I just searched the thread to see if this had come up yet.

Totally getting that.

UnbreakableVow on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My K/D is .92 my w/l is something insane like 40/200+ because I play ffa.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chairborne wrote: »
    Good lord it's like a whole different game playing with people from the PA board.

I'm curious, in what way is it different ? (not sarcasm, I've never joined a PA group, but Im considering it for MW2) I'm mostly playing TDM, because my microphone is broken and i need a new wire for it, still got the "default" xbox one, but it sucks ass.

My friends are rarely on when I am, and I'm doing fine on my own, its just that i actually would rather try teamplay (the last estate run with pubbies running into a fucking LMG rain like 5 times in a row with 3 of the same people (15 deaths by stupidity) is kind of annoying to get a loss for, and is there any kind of way to play as for example, a PA only team againt pubbies ?

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dashui wrote: »
    K/D > W/L

1.20 K/D is pretty good considering that most players end up working from a deficit earned from their early rounds.

My k/d is going to be fucking stupid because I'm not the only one to play rounds on the account and I'm by far and away the best player. As in, I'm adequate.

Speaking of K/D scores, have you guys seen the people at the top of the global list? Some of them are at or near 40.00! They have like 40,000 kills and only 1,000 deaths. How in the name of...

Boosting with friends or duplicate accounts.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dashui wrote: »
    K/D > W/L

southpark_wow2.jpg

Al_wat on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just discovered the joy that is the Raffica.

Oh my god.

jungleroomx on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Oh my god.

The broken piece of shit that is the Raffica, you mean.

"My secondary is equivalent to an M16! Hooray!!!"

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My K/D is 1.86 on PSN, having now returned that version, I'm glad I was able to keep it that high. I had 4000+ kills if I remember right. Which is weird, considering my K/D was no where near that good on CoD4.

Getting 360 version soon, lets hope my K/D stays that high now.

donhonk on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This game is rage inducing sometimes

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2009
    This game is rage inducing sometimes

I'd say about 80% of the time when playing by yourself and 15% of the time when playing with friends.

Example: Playing with PA tonight, those goddamn Javelin glitchers are the 15%.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I thought they patched the javelin thing already. Xbox still waiting on cert?

-SPI- on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yup

Zen Vulgarity on
  • MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anybody tried equipping blast shield to counteract javelin bug? Although I'm pretty sure the blast shield won't be enough because the javelin does such a stupid high amount of damage (in the context of the bug) it's something that might be a quick fix until this bullshit gets a patch.

I'm also looking for a good group to roll with on the Xbox, my tag is Mirage84.

Moogleofdoom on
    Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
    xbl: Mirage84
  • KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Considering i'm from the UK, will I still be able to play with americans or whatever via the metatag or will the lag be too terrible to comprehend and it's better giving it a miss?

Kaglicious on
  • SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So how do I get in on these PA group thingies? I did the PA MW2 (XBL) thing but how do I actually get into a game w someone? I'm on right now if anyone wants to play, tag: Sanguine Hibisc

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sanguinary wrote: »
    So how do I get in on these PA group thingies? I did the PA MW2 (XBL) thing but how do I actually get into a game w someone? I'm on right now if anyone wants to play, tag: Sanguine Hibisc

Go into the tags friends list and start inviting people that are playing .

EspantaPajaro on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This game is rage inducing all the fucking goddamn time.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »

This im going to have to agree with. Most of the time im seeing red after just a few matches.

No where near as bad as GOW though , That game made me want to take a human life after the very first round.

EspantaPajaro on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

This im going to have to agree with. Most of the time im seeing red after just a few matches.

This is the only game I can think of that does this to me. I've never in my life been so angry as I was playing this game today.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

No where near as bad as GOW though , That game made me want to take a human life after the very first round.

This used to happen to me.

I have overcome it by making Custom Class 3 my 'I want to be a silly jerk' class. Currently I'm running 'Futuristic Billy The Kid' with Sleight of Hand, Light Weight, and Steady Aim, akimbo rapid fire mini uzis, and akimbo FMJ .44 Magnums.

The amount of amusement I get from running around a corner, sighting up on a buddy and yelling 'Hey, <buddy>... Draw!" and then opening fire without a care in the world cannot be properly stated. Coincidentally, my accuracy has dropped like 2 percent in the last 12 hours.

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I found the game fun, but I only played it when it came out and stopped shortly afterwards. I haven't even seen many of the glitching and admittedly, I was one of the first people to do "Witching" on the likes of highrise (as I just had a habit of using the knife). It didn't have a name then though.

I didn't realize how nasty the 1887s are though as I never really thought to use them.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • WheezerWheezer Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, I originally took the cheaper helicopter for my 7th kill, and boy was that a waste. I finally unlocked the 7 kill harrier and it's nicer by a mile.

Getting to five kills is the real challenge, after that the predator will get a kill or two towards the harrier and that only needs to score one kill for the emergency airdrop. It'll even hover around to cover while you pick up the goodies.

My first predator - harrier - emergency drop gave me a precision airstrike, a pave low and a chopper gunner. That game ended 40-11.

Wheezer on
    megamansig.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Oh my god.

The broken piece of shit that is the Raffica, you mean.

"My secondary is equivalent to an M16! Hooray!!!"

I hated M16 + Stopping Power in CoD4, and while it's still a pain, I take sollace in the fact that they suffer greatly when good killstreaks come around.

Also, I am currently 68/120 on Sitrep Pro IV, so I've made good progress today.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ran into a few Javelin glitchers tonight. Didn't leave because my friends and I kicked their team's asses and filed complaints and avoided every one of those fucksticks.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    hey does anyone have any helpful tips on the spec. ops missions?

Especialy the terminal one?

Jokerman on
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thankfully I haven't had the misfortune of meeting any Javelin glitchers as of yet (cue game after game with dozens of the buggers).

Finally came out of my Scar shaped cocoon last night, firstly with a riot shield spas-12 combo. Came across a group of enemies, back away around a corner with them firing at me, whip out the spas 12 and go all Gordon Freeman on them when they come a-chasing. I can see why people are singing it's praises. Might have to start packing it on some other builds.

Secondly with the intervention, I felt slightly disgusted with myself using it on wasteland, so many hiding places! Is there a tracker for the 1-shot kills somewhere, I'd like to know my progress on ghillie suit gettings.

Campy on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Campy wrote: »
    Secondly with the intervention, I felt slightly disgusted with myself using it on wasteland, so many hiding places! Is there a tracker for the 1-shot kills somewhere, I'd like to know my progress on ghillie suit gettings.

It should be 'Ghille in the Mist' under 'Basic Training' in the barracks.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gaaah, this fucking estate Spec. Op mission is fucking infurating on veteren.

It's like i'm doing good, i have the house fortified, and then BAM! Jugarnaut!

Jokerman on
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yes, hackers even do hardcore.

*sigh*

Hoz on
  • NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    New hardcore HQ loadout:

ACR or TAR with heartbeat sensor
    Stinger

Scavenger Pro
    Cold blooded Pro
    Ninja Pro

Harrier Strike
    AC130
    Nuke

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChairborneChairborne Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chairborne wrote: »
    Good lord it's like a whole different game playing with people from the PA board.

I'm curious, in what way is it different ? (not sarcasm, I've never joined a PA group, but Im considering it for MW2) I'm mostly playing TDM, because my microphone is broken and i need a new wire for it, still got the "default" xbox one, but it sucks ass.

My friends are rarely on when I am, and I'm doing fine on my own, its just that i actually would rather try teamplay (the last estate run with pubbies running into a fucking LMG rain like 5 times in a row with 3 of the same people (15 deaths by stupidity) is kind of annoying to get a loss for, and is there any kind of way to play as for example, a PA only team againt pubbies ?

If you have enough people you could run PA only, I guess. There were just three of us last night. PA guys will actually shoot down killstreaks, as previously mentioned. PA guys will try to use some basic teamwork. PA guys will show you some common courtesy. I think last night was the first time I ever heard the words "hey, good job" uttered on XBL Let me see if I can express the difference:

Non-PA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzvoG6m49Fk

PA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnvXpLOzKeQ

Chairborne on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    every round of sniping I try lately ends up with me getting frustrated at dudes not dying when I shoot them in the face then getting sniped by ACRs all the while fighting with the parkinsons scope (even though I'm prone and the rifle has a motherfucking bipod) so I just plant claymores everywhere and go around shooting stuff with my dual revolvers.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Scope sway was essential for balancing sniper rifles otherwise Assault Rifles might actually lose battles at long range.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wouldn't want that

gotta have those assault rifles sniping across maps.

(at least give me a holographic for sniper rifles)

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Gaaah, this fucking estate Spec. Op mission is fucking infurating on veteren.

It's like i'm doing good, i have the house fortified, and then BAM! Jugarnaut!

set claymores in front of the main entrance door and on the stairs, when you hear one go off or when the music changes go to the front door and wait with a 50 cal.

also when you get to 5 done they all rush around and in the house (one might stay out near and try to snipe you, happened to me), and one of the might be a juggernaut that rushes (also happened to me)

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg