As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That town... there's something wrong with that town...

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Indigo Prophecy would have been awesome if the game ended at the carnival. You know, after you fall to your death.

Then you could have a little after-credits thing about how the police don't find a body and it can say "To Be Continued" or whatever and they could make a sequel that hopefully wasn't shit.

DarkPrimus on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The ending in Homecoming, where
    the two pyramid heads bolt the helmet over your head and then you ARE the pyramid head

I liked that one.

Weaver on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    Heavy Rain is going to be so good

is it? I haven't really followed much of it since they also said Indigo Prophecy was going to be so good.

Abracadaniel on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »

is it? I haven't really followed much of it since they also said Indigo Prophecy was going to be so good.

But apparently Indigo Prophecy was awesome until they shat all over the story. What I've seen of Heavy Rain looks fantastic, Orik played some at PAX and loved it. Maybe they learned their lesson.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I did like that in the one ending of Indigo Prophecy, if the Illuminati-esque organization learns the secret of life, the universe and everything, nothing changes because they already run everything, so all the protagonists are left with this sort of "well, that's that I guess"

Grey Ghost on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my favorite part is when the girl cop who's been tracking the killer for the whole game sleeps with him for no apparent reason

i also enjoyed ruining the poor black cop's life, just for the hell of it

mrpaku on
    edited December 2009
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my favorite part is when the girl cop who's been tracking the killer for the whole game sleeps with him for no apparent reason

i also enjoyed ruining the poor black cop's life, just for the hell of it

Also keep in mind that at the time she has sex with him he is a walking corpse

Grey Ghost on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm about to head home, but I can't leave before posting what I have to post in every Silent Hill thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj1nJzQPVYA

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited December 2009
    ha! i'd almost forgotten that part! classic

seriously, it's like the writers spent months and months mapping out this elaborate mystery drama, then got loaded and forgot to write an ending until five minutes before the fucking thing was due

edit: god bless you, redeemer <3

mrpaku on
    edited December 2009
    That's brilliant

Also I kinda want to reinstall Indigo now and play up to the scene at the fairground and then quit and imagine that's the end of the game

Grey Ghost on
    edited December 2009
    i've thought Silent Hill 1 should get a remake for years, but to be honest this game looks terrible to me

i don't like the no-combat, i don't like the generic looking enemies, i don't like the apparent plot changes, and i don't like that it's on the Wii

i also don't like that Akira Yamaoka is done with the series, and think it's probably a sign that i'm done with it as well :(

mrpaku on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, I thought you were gone or something.

Replaying Silent Hill 2(Restless Dreams, Xbox), and I still suck at the puzzles.

How have I never seen that video?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    BusterK wrote: »
    Man, what about that Fatal Frame for the Wii?
    That sounded badass when I first heard about it

Rumor has it that it's not being localized because it's a buggy mess, which makes me less bitter about not having it in the states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wgALB6zs9A

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Totally not exaggerating! This is the only enemy you encounter:

silenthillshatteredmemo.jpg

They grow breasts or something if you say yes to "I stare at titties" or whatever during the psych evaluation at the start. But their attack patterns stay the same regardless, according to IGN's review

...these graphics look almost the same as REmake and not as good as RE4. What the hell?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited December 2009
    I'm getting less and less interested in Shattered Memories as time goes on.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Also who the hell thought one enemy for the whole game was a good idea. No variation at all is terrible

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    but

they grow boobies

Nuzak on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It doesnt matter because you cant fight them either. :|

Synthetic Orange on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm a silent hill enemy!

Burp

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i hope the Splatterhouse remake is ok

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    okay, i'm open to buying for PS2 or xbox 360 or xbox. what horror games should I get?

i've never done much of them and my roommate loves them so i'd like to game it up with her

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you can probably get the fatal frame games on the ps2 for supercheap

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited December 2009
    Fatal Frame 2 costs $39.99 used at GameStop, so it's not exactly common.

I have the Xbox versions, which might be easier to get?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    watching the movie

Anna about to get her skin tore off

Weaver on
    edited December 2009
    I remember about a year before the movie was released, they showed a clip of that scene at Wondercon, and somebody leaked it online. I found it terrifying and even kind of upsetting, I still do

Christophe Gans' secret war on women

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Roger Avary is writing the sequel in jail.

Expect lots of prisons.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited December 2009
    Roger Avary is still penning it? I was hoping his imprisonment would have put an embargo on his terrible writing. Though I guess it really depends on the director they hire

I also wish the rumour that Neil Gaiman was writing it would have turned out to be true

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited December 2009
    A good director could still save us from that. I guess Gans didn't speak English fluently enough to know how bad SH1's script was. Still a good movie, but some of the dialogue was just plain awful.
    Hoommmmmmeeeee

Silent HillLllllll

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why would Neil Gaiman want to associate himself with the trainwreck that was the first movie

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited December 2009
    The music was also pretty good, for not being Yamaoka. And it used You're Not Here in the end credits. <3

The ending was perfect.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Roger Avary is still penning it? I was hoping his imprisonment would have put an embargo on his terrible writing. Though I guess it really depends on the director they hire

I also wish the rumour that Neil Gaiman was writing it would have turned out to be true

That shit heel just got put into full custody after whining on twitter about being persecuted just because he killed a person while drunk driving

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    watching the movie

Anna about to get her skin tore off

That was awesome.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited December 2009
    BusterK wrote: »

That shit heel just got put into full custody after whining on twitter about being persecuted just because he killed a person while drunk driving

Fuck writing a script, he should go to Silent Hill for real.

DarkPrimus on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the atmosphere and environment in the first half of the movie was one of the most interesting i've seen for a horror film in a long, long time

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Futore wrote: »
    okay, i'm open to buying for PS2 or xbox 360 or xbox. what horror games should I get?

i've never done much of them and my roommate loves them so i'd like to game it up with her

Dead Space!

ascot on
    edited December 2009
    Futore wrote: »
    the atmosphere and environment in the first half of the movie was one of the most interesting i've seen for a horror film in a long, long time

Oh the film was atmospheric as hell.

But the dialogue, acting, etc. was terrible.

DarkPrimus on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009

But apparently Indigo Prophecy was awesome until they shat all over the story. What I've seen of Heavy Rain looks fantastic, Orik played some at PAX and loved it. Maybe they learned their lesson.

Q1/feb 2010, bitches. Can't wait.

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited December 2009

Q1/feb 2010, bitches. Can't wait.

So for Heavy Rain, does the beginning tutorial have the developer of the game talk about how awesome his game is before telling you how to play?

DarkPrimus on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    God I hope not

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited December 2009
    God I hope not

Because that's what he did for Indigo Prophecy.

DarkPrimus on