As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »
    My friends and family's response to this Secret Santa thing..

Mom: "Oh that sounds nice.. Make sure you don't spend more on that person than on your girlfriend"

Dad: "........."

Girlfriend: "Wait what's a forum?" "What if you don't get anything back?" "Your putting a lot of effort into this guy from Australia who you've never met" "Hey everyone, Josh has a man-crush on this guy from Australia!" "So I'm guessing for Christmas you'll want a plane ticket to Australia huh?"

I know what to get you next year!

Kyougu on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift Get! Working on pictures as we speak!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I spent the difference on Machinarium for her and now everyone is happy!!!

Oh, yes! Very happy, its pretty and fun and much better than spending ££ on postage!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Did you point out that someone got a PS3 + a blowjob worth of games to go with it? Or that SSBB tourney + flight last year?

Tell her it's a competition!

Yes.

She wasn't happy that I decided to step my gift up a notch because of it.

UEAKCrash on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hmm what do we have here....
    JBrwV.jpg
    A crab of some sort?
    vFBQc.jpg
    It's zoidberg! :mrgreen:
    OTVKI.jpg
    Awsome! It's a mario ds holder!
    EGIXe.jpg
    Candy from the UK! I love candy, espicially candy from other countries.
    I'm already eating some jelly tots as I type this. :mrgreen:
    tgmQa.jpg
    Cool, 20 Questions. I'm always playing with this when I walk through the toy isle in wal mart. Now I have my own! And more candy!
    There's something still in here...
    WKqHC.jpg
    BADASS! This is the coolest transformer I've ever seen. It's Skywarp!
    v0yxt.jpg
    And finally here's mario holding my DSi. I was actually playing Spirit Tracks when I heard a knock at my door, so once I opened Mario, he held it for me while I opened the rest of it.
    Thanks Zoidberg! These gifts were awesome. I remember telling my girlfriend how awesome it'd be to get someone from the UK so I could get some yummy treats from another country that I haven't tried! And mario, 20 questions, and the transformer are freaking sweet! Thanks so much! :mrgreen: Merry Christmas!

anoffday on
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Haha I'm not dumping her guys. It sounds worse than it is. Hmm.

remlap13 on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santa brought me another gift! I can finally smell after months of not being able to. I know my Santa might not have had something to do with it, even though I like to believe he did, but Woohoo thanks Santa!

My wife should be home in an hour and I'll take pictures of the real gift, if you catch my drift.

:winky:

urahonky on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy crap! That Mario DS holder is cool! I never knew they made such a thing.

SirUltimos on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    anoffday wrote: »
    vFBQc.jpg

Today's comedians could learn from this card.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    JBrwV.jpg
    A crab of some sort?
    vFBQc.jpg
    OTVKI.jpg
    EGIXe.jpg
    tgmQa.jpg
    Cool, 20 Questions. I'm always playing with this when I walk through the toy isle in wal mart. Now I have my own! And more candy!
    WKqHC.jpg
    v0yxt.jpg
    And finally here's mario holding my DSi. I was actually playing Spirit Tracks when I heard a knock at my door, so once I opened Mario, he held it for me while I opened the rest of it.
    Thanks Zoidberg! These gifts were awesome. I remember telling my girlfriend how awesome it'd be to get someone from the UK so I could get some yummy treats from another country that I haven't tried! And mario, 20 questions, and the transformer are freaking sweet! Thanks so much! :mrgreen: Merry Christmas!

Oh wow, that MP Skywarp is aces. I have the Starscream version of that mold and it is pretty spectacular.

Although you do have to be slightly careful with the joints where the wings fold up, because with the Starscream version they a tendency to snap if you fold them too much. Not sure if they fixed that with Skywarp though.

Schide on
    edited December 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    JBrwV.jpg
    A crab of some sort?
    vFBQc.jpg
    OTVKI.jpg
    EGIXe.jpg
    tgmQa.jpg
    WKqHC.jpg
    v0yxt.jpg

Oh wow, that MP Skywarp is aces. I have the Starscream version of that mold and it is pretty spectacular.

Although you do have to be slightly careful with the joints where the wings fold up, because with the Starscream version they a tendency to snap if you fold them too much. Not sure if they fixed that with Skywarp though.
    Part of me wants to open it and play with it, but the other part of me wants to keep it in the package looking as nice as it does now.

anoffday on
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    HOOOOOOORAY!!!

So glad you enjoyed your gifts. Even more glad that they arrived safely. Even even more glad that I actually stalked those gifts rather than utilise the list you provided.

Glad glad glad glad glad :mrgreen:

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
    edited December 2009
    JBrwV.jpg
    A crab of some sort?
    vFBQc.jpg
    OTVKI.jpg
    EGIXe.jpg
    tgmQa.jpg
    WKqHC.jpg
    v0yxt.jpg

Part of me wants to open it and play with it, but the other part of me wants to keep it in the package looking as a nice as it does now.

Play with iiiiittttttttttt.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    JBrwV.jpg
    A crab of some sort?
    vFBQc.jpg
    OTVKI.jpg
    EGIXe.jpg
    tgmQa.jpg
    WKqHC.jpg
    v0yxt.jpg

Part of me wants to open it and play with it, but the other part of me wants to keep it in the package looking as nice as it does now.

Oooooooooooopen iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

With that packaging you can fairly easily put him back in for display if you want it to look that again. He's too much fun to transform and mess around with to not open him up.

Schide on
    edited December 2009
    The curse of buying cool gifts : I will probably end up buying a holder and Skywarp for myself.

I should have just taken pictures of them in my room and sent those to you.

That would have been enough.

Right?

John Zoidberg on
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Haha I'm not dumping her guys. It sounds worse than it is. Hmm.

I'm not saying you should dump her. You may need to slap her a few times for being mouthy though.
    I'm joking, of course.
    Or am I?

anoffday, it's a toy. You must open it! Display him being awesome. If he's as tall as that Mario is, take a picture of the two like this.
    (and yes be careful, with the Starscream at least, some of the joints could be a little fragile. This seems to be a problem with all the Masterpiece figures except for Optimus)

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
    edited December 2009
    HOOOOOOORAY!!!

So glad you enjoyed your gifts. Even more glad that they arrived safely. Even even more glad that I actually stalked those gifts rather than utilise the list you provided.

Glad glad glad glad glad :mrgreen:
    Yeah. You did an amazing job. They were all awesome. And this transformer is the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life. Also, I think you win the award of greatest stalker since you got me 20 questions. I never said anything about that anywhere, so the only explanation is you flew over to the U.S. and followed me into wal mart multiple times while I went into the toy isle to play with the 20 questions games. Anyway, You rock! Thanks again!:mrgreen:

anoffday on
    edited December 2009
    Also, anoffday. Amongst that candy are some Miracle Berry tablets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit

I recommend lemon juice.

John Zoidberg on
    edited December 2009
    Oh man I hope your Kinder eggs were buildy ones.

Sucks when you just get a statue.

mere_immortal on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Sucks when you just get a puzzle.

bloodyroarxx on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Sucks when you just get a statue.

I sent my Santee a few eggs, and I prayed to the small gods of Kinder that there were no puzzles therein.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You Brits have candy that you get to assemble? Like a wonderful conglomeration of chocolate and LEGO kits?

Why did we ever leave you?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jclast wrote: »
    You Brits have candy that you get to assemble? Like a wonderful conglomeration of chocolate and LEGO kits?

Why did we ever leave you?

Canada too.

The US can't have them because the FDA deems it unsafe to sell food with non-food items inside.

Figgy on
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift got!
    I come home to find the following:
    ss1.jpg
    Mysterious!

But first, a little background. A week ago I received this:
    ss2.jpg
    Since my camera sucks, this is what it says:
    Dear Mark:C-IVI09378:
    We regret to inform you that we have received news of a zombie epidemic in your district. Our records suggest that you are a CLASS IV civilian. This designation indicates that you show signs of one or more of the following traits: resourcefulness, moderate intelligence, a medical competency, highly developed sensory perception and a high resistance to infection. You may also have familiarity with emergency medical procedures and experience in dispatching of the infected.

Your provisions, which I hope will arrive unharmed, will hopefully increase your chances of survival in these desperate times.

Following the recipt of your three supply-drops - preparation, support, and sustenance - please report to the forums without delay.

Good luck.

Awesome! I love zombie stuff, and this put in the mood to fight the infected (and play Left4Dead!).

So, I opened the mystery package:
    ss3.jpg
    Iron Man mini :D:D:D. I love little things like this to put on my desk. Thanks santa!

Some more photos:
    ss4.jpg
    Iron Man on my window sill keeping watch for any infected.

ss5.jpg
    Iron Man guarding my room (again, against the infected).

ss6.jpg
    Iron Man taking a break from fighting the undead on my desk, his natural habitat.
    Thanks Santa! I love these Mighty Muggs... I may have to purchase more...

Mace1370 on
  • Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This thread makes me so happy, now I have to look into what to get for my actual family...

Yep, looking like hugs for all this year.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
    edited December 2009
    That's clearly only the "support" supply drop. You probably have two more coming.

Figgy on
  • NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Gift got!
    ss1.jpg
    Mysterious!

ss2.jpg
    We regret to inform you that we have received news of a zombie epidemic in your district. Our records suggest that you are a CLASS IV civilian. This designation indicates that you show signs of one or more of the following traits: resourcefulness, moderate intelligence, a medical competency, highly developed sensory perception and a high resistance to infection. You may also have familiarity with emergency medical procedures and experience in dispatching of the infected.

Your provisions, which I hope will arrive unharmed, will hopefully increase your chances of survival in these desperate times.

Following the recipt of your three supply-drops - preparation, support, and sustenance - please report to the forums without delay.

Good luck.

Awesome! I love zombie stuff, and this put in the mood to fight the infected (and play Left4Dead!).

ss3.jpg
    Iron Man mini :D:D:D. I love little things like this to put on my desk. Thanks santa!

Some more photos:
    ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg
    Iron Man taking a break from fighting the undead on my desk, his natural habitat.

Sounds like you have another gift on the way.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee,

There was a mix up with the shipping address from the vender to me, but it has been rerouted. Unfortunately, it wont be here until the 15th. Since you are possibly Canadian, I will make sure to send this off ASAP so that it arrives by Christmas. Sorry for the delay!.

v/r
    PA SS

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    That's clearly only the "support" supply drop. You probably have two more coming.

I figured, but I really wanted to post pictures :D

(and to let my Santa know that I have received what he has sent and am not being eaten by zombies)

Mace1370 on
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Gift got!
    ss1.jpg
    Mysterious!

ss2.jpg

Good luck.

ss3.jpg

Some more photos:
    ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

That is a mighty fine Ironman!

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So since this thread is all about Christmas cheer I have a wonderful story.

My girlfriend and I are currently expecting a baby in late January and unfortunately we live in her mothers cold uninsulated attic area but hell the rent is next to nothing and its nice to have family around.

Well things came to a head today and long story short her mother called an insulation company and we waited for them to make an estimate. Well after seeing how cold it was up here they 2 men left to go talk outside.

Now the problem is Mom lives on a fixed income so technically we cant really afford this insulation but with a baby on the way we had to do it. So the men come back in and say well your attic is in terrible shape and there isnt much room for insulation but it will cost $1100, well we kinda murmured and what not and then they said but we are going to do it for free Merry Christmas and they did a pro-bono insulation job.

This is what Christmas is about people.

bloodyroarxx on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This has to be my favourite thread on PA, in fact, on anywhere!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This has to be my favourite thread on PA, in fact, on anywhere!

It's fun to be in a thread where no arguments take place.

Xtarath on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is pretty fucking sweet, BloodyRoar.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Annnd GIFT GET! Each year you guys outdo yourselves. My wife said everything you chose for me was spot on. COMMENCE PICTURING!
    hpim0904.jpg
    Hubert (lack of real animal, had to improvise) senses something.
    hpim0905.jpg
    I spot some candy! Yess!
    hpim0906.jpg
    Already Nom-Nom-Noming
    hpim0907h.jpg
    Before wrapping...
    hpim0908.jpg
    The aftermath... My pants must have exploded about 10 times opening these gifts. Seriously!!
    hpim0909.jpg
    Marvel Zombies (covers), Stupidest Angel, and Zombie Diaries! I've heard about all 3 of these, but never dabbled into them. I'm starting to really enjoy Marvel stuff, and my love for zombies has no bounds. I shall be opening this shortly. This book sounds like it'll be a great read, and Zombie Diaries... Well the back says "Best Zombie Movie Ever!" so it had better live up to it. (I'm sure it will!)
    hpim0910t.jpg
    Zombie Survival stuff!!! Got myself a kit and a flashlight. You never know when you'll need it. Especially with 2012 coming soon..... Also got the Amazing Screw-On Head!! I have heard a lot about it, but again never bit the bullet. Now I'm glad I didn't! Sars Wars just looks so great! I have a bunch of friends coming over tonight so I know what movie we will be watching!! And of course: The Last Christmas!! Holy crap this graphic novel looks great!

And last, but not least... WIckedkarma's girlfriend wrote me a zombified Christmas Story:
    'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the land

The zombie apocalypse was close at hand;

No longer the most wonderful time of the year,

The holiday spirit was snuffed out by fear;

The children were nestled all terrified in bed,

While their young lives were threatened by hoards of undead;

And mama, the kids and I hid in our bunker,

Had all settled down for our safety to hunker,

When all of a sudden a sound like thunder,

Tore the silence of Christmas Eve night asunder.

I ran to the peephole hoping I could spy,

Whatever was making such a sound in the sky.

The flame of an afterburner lit the night,

My eyes took a moment to adjust to the light,

Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But an armored sleigh, and eight bionic reindeer,

With a battle-ready driver, so lively and quick,

Our salvation had come in the form of St. Nick.

With the fury of Valkyries his coursers descended,

Here to make certain our nightmares were ended;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donner and Blitzen!

Tonight we ride to battle in glory!

To face all what may come, no matter how gory!"

At the sound of his cry the zombies looked up,

Hoping that on the flesh of Santa they would sup,

On top of our bunker he came in to land,

The destruction of the zombies now close at hand.

Piloted by St. Nick, as sly as a fox,

His sleigh held an armory to rival Fort Knox.

Half saint, half Rambo did our hero emerge,

Arrived just in time to rid the flesh eating scourge.

He was dressed all for war, from his head to his toes,

And his clothes were all splattered with the blood of his foes;

A bundle of guns he had flung on his back,

He was a one man army prepared to attack.

His eyes -- how they burned with a fearsome bloodlust!

His mission was clear and he knew his cause was just!

His mouth was all twisted in a grimace so fell,

And his mind bent on sending brain-eaters to hell;

Between his teeth he held a Cuban cigar,

Puffing with zeal as he readied himself for war;

He had a fierce face and a muscled physique,

Jolly old Santa’s fat shape had gotten quite sleek.

All geared up for war Santa made quite a sight,

I had to laugh right out loud in spite of my fright;

With a pump of his rifle, a thunderous report,

The undeath of zombies was quickly cut short;

He spoke not a word, but slew zombies with mirth,

A man on a mission to save the planet earth,

A single thumbs up told us all that he’d won,

That we were all safe now, that the killing was done;

He sprang to his sleigh, invigorated by slaughter,

And dead on the ground lay ever last rotter.

But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

I'm seriously astonished at how well you did WIckedkarma! Tell your girlfriend that her story was great and I will be sharing this candy with my wife (as she's eating one of the candy canes).

Also, I didn't forget that I also got Torchlight from you, so huge thumbs up from me to you sir!! I really appreciate the thought that went into the gifts!

urahonky on
    edited December 2009
    Hooray! I did good ^_^ I'm glad you dig'em
    Man Screw on Head is sooooooo good you guys are gonna have a blast watching it.

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man, the Amazing Screw On Head is on DVD? It's fantastic.

Also: those Might Muggs are adorable.

Kiwi on
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Not enough lime in the whole wide world. You are a fine gentlemen indeed to share such a great disc. :D

IdolNinja on
    edited December 2009
    IdolNinja wrote: »

Not enough lime in the whole wide world. You are a fine gentlemen indeed to share such a great disc. :D

Hes just lucky I already own the movie, otherwise he might have been 1 present short :winky:

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That poem is fantastic :D It should be a feature film!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png