As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

First Analnual Cookie XXX-change [Signups CLOSED]

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    Sadly, fate and shipping companies conspired against my designated cookie receivers.

However, not being a man to let somebody down, cookies are on their way, just not baked by my hand.

They arrived and they're great, Stale (especially the sugar cookies)! :^: I like the Hanukkah theme, by the way. I may even wear that ribbon as a headband tomorrow. I really appreciate it, even if they're not homemade.

A duck! on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    I just got home, and like culdrasbit*h I am the fortunate recipient of some delicious chocolate chip cookies and scrumptiously gooey freezer cake from the right honorable Ziplock. The freezer cakes kind of remind me of baklava, only more doughey.

You rock Zip. <3

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have a box waiting for me so it's this or Satans, in either case I'm excited. I also have to wait til Saturday to get it bc my PO sucks and is only open until 5.

VisionOfClarity on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    I just got home, and like culdrasbit*h I am the fortunate recipient of some delicious chocolate chip cookies and scrumptiously gooey freezer cake from the right honorable Ziplock. The freezer cakes kind of remind me of baklava, only more doughey.

You rock Zip. <3

<3

I've also determined that the freezer cake should have been less doughy in order to set the center a bit better. Meh, for the first time making them, I'm pleased simply because they are delicious.

DrZiplock on
    edited December 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »

You rock Zip. <3

<3

I've also determined that the freezer cake should have been less doughy in order to set the center a bit better. Meh, for the first time making them, I'm pleased simply because they are delicious.

they are indeed
    when I eat one I spear it with a fork and sop up as much of the gooey syrup as I can for extra deliciousness

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited December 2009
    An excellent technique.

DrZiplock on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    Sadly, fate and shipping companies conspired against my designated cookie receivers.

However, not being a man to let somebody down, cookies are on their way, just not baked by my hand.

They arrived and they're great, Stale (especially the sugar cookies)! :^: I like the Hanukkah theme, by the way. I may even wear that ribbon as a headband tomorrow. I really appreciate it, even if they're not homemade.

Was addressed to Dr. Bill?

I told them you were a fine Jewish Doctor.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I feel like I've just gain 4 Tupperware containers of infinite cookies

because holy shit there's so many

;)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    fallout you are awesome as hell

I hope you know that

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Cheshire sent me some delicious chocolate cookies as well as a loaf of zuchini bread. Also a delightful little card that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My roommates were all skeptical about eating internet cookies. I was a bit too, my reputation isn't the best.

After the first cookie though it was quite worth chowing down on the rest of them. Cheshire did a wonderful job packing everything and a wonderful job baking. All in all really Cheshire is just wonderful.

I'm glad you liked them. I was nervous cause I usually don't make cookies and stuff for strangers, just family. I hope the zuchini bread was okay. That was the first time I ever made it. My mom usually makes it and it is my favorite thing that she makes.

cheshire on
    She was never meant to be a common creature
    Extraordinary takes time
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    fallout you are awesome as hell

I hope you know that

damn right
    and don't you forget it, kid

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    :oops:

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Vermiculture you are the best! I got your cookies and cake today, which is great becuase I'm going home tomorrow. Excellent timing. I hope you don't kind if I share them with like everyone in my dorm. I'm eating this cake and watching movies before my 6am flight so you've made a boring night pretty fucking rad.

Sars_Boy on
  • AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If it were summer I would climb a mountain just so I could scream from the top

"DRZIPLOCK IS THE FUCKING MAN WOOOO YEAAAAHHH!!"

Thank you, DrZiplock, for two sacks of cookies!

Agentflit on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tuesday morning to celebrate the end of Finals, I will bake. I will bake up a storm of delicious not seen on this earth since the first doughmancer conjured up the moon!

Bucketman on
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Vermiculture you are the best! I got your cookies and cake today, which is great becuase I'm going home tomorrow. Excellent timing. I hope you don't kind if I share them with like everyone in my dorm. I'm eating this cake and watching movies before my 6am flight so you've made a boring night pretty fucking rad.

yes! glad you got them I don't mind if you share at all. You're probably on a plane RIGHT NOW. watch out for snakes.

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
    edited December 2009
    This leaves just one more person on my penny arcade gift/cookie list.
    The usps says you got it, but maybe you immediately threw them out? I'm looking at you Seattle.

vermiculture on
    edited December 2009
    Agentflit wrote: »
    If it were summer I would climb a mountain just so I could scream from the top

"DRZIPLOCK IS THE FUCKING MAN WOOOO YEAAAAHHH!!"

Thank you, DrZiplock, for two sacks of cookies!

Yes, but it is not summer and you live in what I can only assume is a frozen wasteland.

Glad that they made it there ok! Enjoy the cookies, dude!

Also, I found it rather funny that it was cheaper to ship to Alaska than to Seattle. Weird.

DrZiplock on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This leaves just one more person on my penny arcade gift/cookie list.
    The usps says you got it, but maybe you immediately threw them out? I'm looking at you Seattle.

I wasn't able to go pick up my package from the office till a bit ago :oops: Busy week and all that [work, interviews, etc]

1211091339.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

Both the cookies and the cake are delicious :3 Gotta make sure I save some for when my SO gets home haha

skettios on
    edited December 2009
    you're welcome skettios! I'm sure you wouldn't throw them away I just worried that they fell off a truck somewhere and I wanted to make sure you got your cookies. glad you like them.

vermiculture on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    By the way that was some nice Tupperware with the cake. Do you want that shit back, man?

Sars_Boy on
    edited December 2009
    no it's yours. If you buy more of that kind, they nicely lock together. like base to lid to lid to base whatever floats your food storage boat.

edit: those of the same size of course

vermiculture on
    edited December 2009
    Sweet! Thanks :D

skettios on
  • DaimajinDaimajin Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
    edited December 2009
    I finally decided. My person will be getting sugar cookies.

Here's a preview:

1213091643.jpg

Dough is chilling in the fridge till after dinner. Then I'll be rolling and cutting and baking!

skettios on
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mmmmm, sugar cookies are the best. I may have to make some now...

Didgeridoo on
    edited December 2009
    I baked for three people, and I'll probably make some more for my 4th next weekend. Going out are sugar cookies, black forest cookies (as in the cake, not the ham), molasses cookies and some thumbprints.

A duck! on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Polago's cookies were awesome. :D

In other news, finally get my paycheck today. Gonna buy a whole lot of baking supplies and get my shit fucking cooked and sent off ASAP.

Hacksaw on
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
    edited December 2009
    Daimajin wrote: »
    Sars_Boy should have received 5 dozen less one chocolate and mint m&m cookies. I mailed them from a box only a mile from his home on Saturday. Did they arrive safely, or did Santa steal and eat them?

being that close, you should have just walked to his place and left it at his door yourself :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    After an eerily uneventful trip to the DMV, I came home to find a box at my doorstep - a box full of cookies!

100_1358.jpg

Not only is there a delightful array of beautiful treats, they taste delicious as well.

Thank you so much, a duck!

Usagi on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    After an eerily uneventful trip to the DMV, I came home to find a box at my doorstep - a box full of cookies!

100_1358.jpg

Not only is there a delightful array of beautiful treats, they taste delicious as well.

oh man I love those so much. thimble cookies, right?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    I baked for three people, and I'll probably make some more for my 4th next weekend. Going out are sugar cookies, black forest cookies (as in the cake, not the ham), molasses cookies and some thumbprints.

:^:

Usagi on
    edited December 2009
    ok second batch of cookies are baked, and ready to mail out! I'' swing by the UPS store tonight on my way to work and send em.

Bucketman on
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
    edited December 2009
    that's why you just leave it at his door

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
    edited December 2009
    Sars_Boy should have received 5 dozen less one chocolate and mint m&m cookies. I mailed them from a box only a mile from his home on Saturday. Did they arrive safely, or did Santa steal and eat them?

being that close, you should have just walked to his place and left it at his door yourself :P

I thought about it, but I was afraid Chris Hansen would be the one to answer the door. I don't want to be that creepy old guy from the internet.

And these "cookies" you brought, are they laced with anything?

Bucketman on
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
    edited December 2009
    Usagi wrote: »

100_1358.jpg

I'm glad you liked them! I'm not used to shipping cookies, so they might have been overpackaged.

A duck! on